Forums/Armchair-GM

Whats the problem

Créé par: pensfan21
Équipe: 2023-24 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 24 oct. 2023
Publié: 24 oct. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The way I see if there is a coaching problem. Mike Sullivan is an absolute legend in this city, but I just don't think the team can play his system any more and that's been apparent for the last few years. I also wouldn't be shocked if the teams just run out of steam and it's time for a rebuild after this season. Don't know for sure, but I'd like to see a coaching change before we go there...I think a more defensive system could buy another year or two for the team to compete.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de NYR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de SJS
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $81 754 342 $0 $0 $1 745 658 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
C
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
5 375 000 $5 375 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
24 oct. 2023 à 22 h 31
Josh Anderson Sucks
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,024
The best thing this org could do imo is blow it up. The prospect pool is terrible. Besides Murashov, Pickering, Yager and Broz there isnt a single future NHLer I see. There are no young guys who I think could break out and the team does not have a lot of picks.

Guentzel would get an absolute haul then Crosby, Malkin, Letang, EK65, Graves, Pettersson, Rakell, and Rust are all assets that can get you a few picks and prospects (obviously Crosby more than others) but it would be well worth it. Metro is so tough they arent winning a series with this roster core
24 oct. 2023 à 23 h 0
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 367
I think sully is a great coach. BUT I do think this team is maybe over-coached right now. They are so bland offensively. They are trying to hang on to brand of hockey that they had success with 7 years ago.

It’s too early to fire Sully, but I’d like to see some changes. I think Sid needs to step up and speak up to him, if he hasn’t already. If things don’t change by December, then I think they make a coaching move. Who? I’m not sure. I don’t think the solution is currently in the Pens org.
HockeyBoy87 et pensfan21 a aimé ceci.
24 oct. 2023 à 23 h 45
Analytics are good
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 962
Quoting: Kyle_Okposo_Lover
The best thing this org could do imo is blow it up. The prospect pool is terrible. Besides Murashov, Pickering, Yager and Broz there isnt a single future NHLer I see. There are no young guys who I think could break out and the team does not have a lot of picks.

Guentzel would get an absolute haul then Crosby, Malkin, Letang, EK65, Graves, Pettersson, Rakell, and Rust are all assets that can get you a few picks and prospects (obviously Crosby more than others) but it would be well worth it. Metro is so tough they arent winning a series with this roster core

This team isn't rebuilding as long as Crosby is on the roster. Simple as that
24 oct. 2023 à 23 h 48
Puckhead
Rejoint: sept. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 338
Slightly above average offence
Shaky D
Mediocre G
Very old core
Whacko GM
McGruff a aimé ceci.
25 oct. 2023 à 0 h 13
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,702
Quoting: GM_SZK
Slightly above average offence
Shaky D
Mediocre G
Very old core
Whacko GM

Ahhhhh this ^ ^ ^
25 oct. 2023 à 1 h 33
pens1991
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,090

Crosby is never wearing another sweater in the NHL, it's as simple as that.
25 oct. 2023 à 7 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,271
Quoting: PenGoater99
This team isn't rebuilding as long as Crosby is on the roster. Simple as that

What if we are a top 5 lottery team this year? Or even top 10 and far out of playoffs? What would we do at that point to fix the team? I don't think Dubas will be afraid to pull the trigger on the rebuild if its apparent we are not contending
25 oct. 2023 à 7 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: pens1991
Crosby is never wearing another sweater in the NHL, it's as simple as that.

I agree, but that doesn't necessarily mean we don't rebuild
25 oct. 2023 à 7 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Coleharborcrosby
I think sully is a great coach. BUT I do think this team is maybe over-coached right now. They are so bland offensively. They are trying to hang on to brand of hockey that they had success with 7 years ago.

It’s too early to fire Sully, but I’d like to see some changes. I think Sid needs to step up and speak up to him, if he hasn’t already. If things don’t change by December, then I think they make a coaching move. Who? I’m not sure. I don’t think the solution is currently in the Pens org.

I agree, but the issue is if we wait until December we may be too far out of playoff contention by then
25 oct. 2023 à 9 h 25
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,018
I don't even know anymore man lol. I'm not saying Sully is without blame - because he's not - but I think it's hard to blame the system or the coaching for where they are right now. Outside of the PP of course. They're out-possessing, out-shooting, out-chancing, and out-expecting the other team on what seems like a nightly basis. At some point it's just on the players to finish some chances and not leave people wide open in front of the net.
pensfan21 a aimé ceci.
25 oct. 2023 à 9 h 27

The issue is Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Karlsson and Rust all have full NMCs. The others all have some kind of NTCs. So unless the players come together and make the decision to blow it up - it's not even a possibility.
25 oct. 2023 à 9 h 38
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 292
Sullivan needs to go. The team needs a new voice. He's playing the same system since 2016, but this core isn't in their late 20's anymore.

They are beyond soft. This is the team/roster he wanted. I don't think Dubas will sit by and let the season wilt away. I would think Sullivan needs to start feeling the heat. They've won one playoff round since 2018. It's not like them struggling is new. They/Sullivan just don't change anything. Jake-Sid-Rust 1st line forever. They will fix everything!!
pensfan21 a aimé ceci.
25 oct. 2023 à 16 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: JSEB93
The issue is Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Karlsson and Rust all have full NMCs. The others all have some kind of NTCs. So unless the players come together and make the decision to blow it up - it's not even a possibility.

If the team declares they are rebuilding though then they might want out. I don't think that would be the case with all of them. I'm sure at least 1-2 of them would want to retire Penguins, which I'd love to be the case. But I don't think it's realistic that we don't rebuild as long as they're on the team. If we continue to struggle, I could see us slowly phasing into it with a Guentzel trade and then going from there.
JSEB93 a aimé ceci.
25 oct. 2023 à 16 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: PensGMwannabe
Sullivan needs to go. The team needs a new voice. He's playing the same system since 2016, but this core isn't in their late 20's anymore.

They are beyond soft. This is the team/roster he wanted. I don't think Dubas will sit by and let the season wilt away. I would think Sullivan needs to start feeling the heat. They've won one playoff round since 2018. It's not like them struggling is new. They/Sullivan just don't change anything. Jake-Sid-Rust 1st line forever. They will fix everything!!

Every good team has a balance of speed, skill, and physicality. Our cup teams had it. People assume physicality means guys who just fight and hit, but that's not the case. We had Hornqvist and Bonino who were awesome and were the perfect mix of skill and energy. We've been missing that for years and for some reason adopted the idea that we should just go for 100% speed. Need to adjust our game style based on different situations/teams/players, but we for some reason play 100% speed no matter whose on the team or who we are playing. Although I think it might be time to rebuild, it is worth it to try a coaching change before then.
25 oct. 2023 à 16 h 4
Démarrer sujet
I don't even know anymore man lol. I'm not saying Sully is without blame - because he's not - but I think it's hard to blame the system or the coaching for where they are right now. Outside of the PP of course. They're out-possessing, out-shooting, out-chancing, and out-expecting the other team on what seems like a nightly basis. At some point it's just on the players to finish some chances and not leave people wide open in front of the net.

My concern is that our finishing has been a big issue for years. At some point when it continues year after year even after roster overhaul then there's something the team is doing wrong. We also play to the perimeter too much and don't go to the net. I think our system is a massive problem, but I also don't think it's out of the question that the team has just fizzled out and it's at the end of their run. I would want to make a coaching change before going forward with a rebuild though.
JSEB93 a aimé ceci.
25 oct. 2023 à 16 h 46
Modifié 25 oct. 2023 à 16 h 55
Quoting: pensfan21
My concern is that our finishing has been a big issue for years. At some point when it continues year after year even after roster overhaul then there's something the team is doing wrong. We also play to the perimeter too much and don't go to the net. I think our system is a massive problem, but I also don't think it's out of the question that the team has just fizzled out and it's at the end of their run. I would want to make a coaching change before going forward with a rebuild though.

Oh it has - it's been terrible. I've been waiting for a regression to the mean and it's just not coming haha. I agree the team is doing something wrong in that regard - I just don't think finishing is something a coach can really fix. Like I said I'm not trying to say Sully is untouchable or without blame - results are what matters and his haven't been good recently. I just don't know how much can be blamed on Sullivan at this point so far this season. If they were being noticeably outplayed night in night out then I would agree that's a coaching or system issue - but that hasn't really been the case so far this season imo. But sometimes a change behind the bench creates a spark and extra drive in the players - so I can understand the idea of wanting a new coach. I'm not adamantly against it

We do play to the perimeter for sure. I've definitely noticed that as well and I don't like it either. It's a valid criticism. They've become a dump and chase, cycle the puck to the blue line team - causing a lot of shots from distance. At least in my eyes. The transition game seems non existent - outside of the Malkin line at times. But to be fair, that system does have them 2nd in the league in xGF/60 and 4th in scoring chances per 60. The offense and chances are there.

Definitely not out of the question - especially after watching the way Crosby played last night haha. Coaching change before a rebuild for sure. Let's be honest they aren't rebuilding no matter what with like 5 guys on NMCs anyway - so the coaching change would definitely come first. Just out of curiosity - what about the current system do you think is a massive problem - and what would you prefer?
25 oct. 2023 à 16 h 49
If the team declares they are rebuilding though then they might want out. I don't think that would be the case with all of them. I'm sure at least 1-2 of them would want to retire Penguins, which I'd love to be the case. But I don't think it's realistic that we don't rebuild as long as they're on the team. If we continue to struggle, I could see us slowly phasing into it with a Guentzel trade and then going from there.

I'm not sure they would even declare it unless the players are on board first though - they have all the power there. I don't think they'll hold off a rebuild until Letang/Malkins contracts are up - but I think it's almost a given that they aren't rebuilding until Sid's contract is up after next season. It would be mind blowing to rebuild halfway through the year they just went out and got Karlsson to add to the group. But I guess stranger things have happened.
25 oct. 2023 à 16 h 52
Quoting: PensGMwannabe

Is he playing the same system as 2016 though? And do we know this is the roster he wanted?
25 oct. 2023 à 19 h 26
Démarrer sujet
I'm not sure they would even declare it unless the players are on board first though - they have all the power there. I don't think they'll hold off a rebuild until Letang/Malkins contracts are up - but I think it's almost a given that they aren't rebuilding until Sid's contract is up after next season. It would be mind blowing to rebuild halfway through the year they just went out and got Karlsson to add to the group. But I guess stranger things have happened.

I could see Dubas doing a semi-rebuild. Or more like a very slow drawn out rebuild. So basically selling Guentzel maybe one more guy at deadline, getting a 1st plus more, then signing 1-2 replacements on short term deals for the next year but kind of expecting the same. I don't know if that's the case though. I think Dubas has full 100% control and will take others thoughts into account but ultimately do what's best for the team.
25 oct. 2023 à 19 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Oh it has - it's been terrible. I've been waiting for a regression to the mean and it's just not coming haha. I agree the team is doing something wrong in that regard - I just don't think finishing is something a coach can really fix. Like I said I'm not trying to say Sully is untouchable or without blame - results are what matters and his haven't been good recently. I just don't know how much can be blamed on Sullivan at this point so far this season. If they were being noticeably outplayed night in night out then I would agree that's a coaching or system issue - but that hasn't really been the case so far this season imo. But sometimes a change behind the bench creates a spark and extra drive in the players - so I can understand the idea of wanting a new coach. I'm not adamantly against it

We do play to the perimeter for sure. I've definitely noticed that as well and I don't like it either. It's a valid criticism. They've become a dump and chase, cycle the puck to the blue line team - causing a lot of shots from distance. At least in my eyes. The transition game seems non existent - outside of the Malkin line at times. But to be fair, that system does have them 2nd in the league in xGF/60 and 4th in scoring chances per 60. The offense and chances are there.

Definitely not out of the question - especially after watching the way Crosby played last night haha. Coaching change before a rebuild for sure. Let's be honest they aren't rebuilding no matter what with like 5 guys on NMCs anyway - so the coaching change would definitely come first. Just out of curiosity - what about the current system do you think is a massive problem - and what would you prefer?

I don't think they have a good defensive structure and have 0 net front presence at either end of the net. And I can't stand the power play configuration either. The team is built on attacking/speed, but that can't be the system we play with an older and slower roster that doesn't have an offensive bottom 6. I don't like a ton of it but my biggest problem is that we have no one to provide a net front presence on either side. That's why I think we are constantly goalied, make it too easy on the opposing goalie.

Also side note. Not in love with our goaltending so far. Think Ned has been solid. Jarry hasn't been bad at all but just feel like he never makes a big save when we need one at the end of games. That could be because he's constantly screened though and we have no one clearing the net. Honestly that plus the lack of team defense and coverage probably hurts Jarry a ton.
JSEB93 a aimé ceci.
25 oct. 2023 à 23 h 13
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 367
I agree, but the issue is if we wait until December we may be too far out of playoff contention by then

Remember the blues in 2019?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage