Forums/Armchair-GM

Is he worth a look

Créé par: Bruinsbeatz
Équipe: 2023-24 Bruins de Boston
Date de création initiale: 22 oct. 2023
Publié: 22 oct. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
If the bruins move Ullmark opening up cap space does it make sense to take a flyer on a guy like Mantha who will cost very little.
Transactions
BOS
  1. Mantha, Anthony (2 850 000 $ retained)
WSH
  1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2025 (BOS)
BOS
  1. Turcotte, Alex
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (LAK)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de LAK
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $78 847 501 $4 500 000 $2 130 000 $4 652 499 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Capitals de Washington
0 $0 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
11 250 000 $11 250 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
870 000 $870 000 $ (Bonis de performance80 000 $$80K)
C
RFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
925 000 $925 000 $
C
RFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AD
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 687 500 $3 687 500 $
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 7
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 475 000 $3 475 000 $
G
RFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG
NTC, NMC
UFA - 7
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
775 000 $775 000 $
G
RFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance1 550 000 $$2M)
C
RFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
775 000 $775 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
787 500 $787 500 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
22 oct. 2023 à 14 h 52
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 535
BOS is not moving Ullmark during the season
22 oct. 2023 à 14 h 53
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 8,854
LA does not have the cap space.

B’s not trading Ullmark for cap space/futures this year unless they are out of it at the deadline. If they move him anytime soon it’s to make the team better, this does not.
22 oct. 2023 à 15 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 150
Quoting: KennyBoi
BOS is not moving Ullmark during the season

If they get the right offer they should. Ullmarks value will be highest at the deadline rather than the offseason. Seems like a lot of teams need goal tending this year and having 2 top 10 goalies is a luxury they won’t be able to afford next year because Swayman is getting a hefty contract.
22 oct. 2023 à 15 h 8
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 730
Quoting: Bruinsbeatz
If they get the right offer they should. Ullmarks value will be highest at the deadline rather than the offseason. Seems like a lot of teams need goal tending this year and having 2 top 10 goalies is a luxury they won’t be able to afford next year because Swayman is getting a hefty contract.

If his value is highest at this years deadline then Boston is in the playoffs. Also, if his value is high why take this mediocre trade.
Celtics21 a aimé ceci.
22 oct. 2023 à 15 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Gofnut999
LA does not have the cap space.

B’s not trading Ullmark for cap space/futures this year unless they are out of it at the deadline. If they move him anytime soon it’s to make the team better, this does not.

Obviously this is based on them making cap space, no one has cap space this year. Looking at the teams who need goaltending like LA and EDM they probably won’t want to part with players already on their roster as they are both playoff teams, maybe Holloway or a better player from LA. Ullmark being moved is inevitable unless you want Swayman to accept an offer sheet next offseason. Beecher and Poitras has delayed the need to find centers immediately.
22 oct. 2023 à 15 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Newgod77
If his value is highest at this years deadline then Boston is in the playoffs. Also, if his value is high why take this mediocre trade.

And only one goalie plays in the playoffs, people seem to forget what happened against Florida last year. Swayman is the future and Bussi is already an nhl level goalie. As far as the trade goes idk his value a first and a good prospect doesn’t seem too bad.
22 oct. 2023 à 15 h 18
Obviously this is based on them making cap space, no one has cap space this year. Looking at the teams who need goaltending like LA and EDM they probably won’t want to part with players already on their roster as they are both playoff teams, maybe Holloway or a better player from LA. Ullmark being moved is inevitable unless you want Swayman to accept an offer sheet next offseason. Beecher and Poitras has delayed the need to find centers immediately.

LA and EDM don’t have the cap space to take Ullmark. They have to move salary to do it. Wether it’s a separate trade or Boston taking cap back.

Again, Boston is not moving Ullmark for cap space this year. They move him to improve the roster. Otherwise they wait til the deadline or the offseason.

Offer sheet. You’re funny. Nobody actually does it and they have a ton of cap space next season, matching won’t be a problem.
22 oct. 2023 à 15 h 22
And only one goalie plays in the playoffs, people seem to forget what happened against Florida last year. Swayman is the future and Bussi is already an nhl level goalie. As far as the trade goes idk his value a first and a good prospect doesn’t seem too bad.

Maybe if Boston had used both last year it would not have ended the way it did. Going to Sway up 3-1 giving Ully a chance to heal. 🤷🏻‍♂️

You seem to forget Florida played 2. Worked for them.

You move 1 the other gets hurt, you are going nowhere.

Keeping the puck out of the net is more important than putting in it.

The teams looking to trade for a goalie are not going to do it in a way that makes Boston a better team now. You wait til offseason.
22 oct. 2023 à 15 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Gofnut999
LA and EDM don’t have the cap space to take Ullmark. They have to move salary to do it. Wether it’s a separate trade or Boston taking cap back.

Again, Boston is not moving Ullmark for cap space this year. They move him to improve the roster. Otherwise they wait til the deadline or the offseason.

Offer sheet. You’re funny. Nobody actually does it and they have a ton of cap space next season, matching won’t be a problem.

Again, no sh*t, this is dependent on if they really need a goalie and make room for one

Yes this is a deadline deal

He already went to arbitration and obviously wants to be a starter. As far as offer sheets go if the cap goes up what they say it will there will be a lot of them this offseason, you’re confused with guys actually accepting offer sheets and being offered one. A lot of guys get offer sheets but don’t sign them and they don’t get reported. Ullmark getting moved is inevitable might as well do it at the deadline when his value is highest and ride Swayman to the finish line because he should be the starter for the next decade.
22 oct. 2023 à 15 h 34
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,179
I am hoping for a two goalie rotation in the playoffs keeping our guy healthy. It’s pretty obvious that both can flourish in that situation and are good enough to be solid number 1’s. What isn’t obvious is whether Ullmark can hold up to the wear and tear of being the sole goaltender.

Eventually, we will have to make a decision but it should t be for futures unless it’s the offseason and you can use cap space to get something very good. I had flag a few futures deals with the Kings last offseason, but they don’t have the cap flexibility or mindset to spend money on goaltending.

The closest thing to a win now deal would be something like Zach Hyman and Stuart Skinner for Linus Ullmark and Derek Forbort … and that deal is debatable on how much it would help

With regards to Turcottte, I probably wouldn’t trade Lysell for him because Lysell has more time to emerge before you have to expose to waivers.
22 oct. 2023 à 15 h 40
Again, no sh*t, this is dependent on if they really need a goalie and make room for one

Yes this is a deadline deal

People are on you because it isn’t that easy. If it were, it would have happened already. Teams with cap space are weaponizing it. Deals like Taylor hall for Regula and Mitchell.

It would likely require Arviddsen being shipped and I’d rather have him than Mantha personally.

I could see Arvidssen, Talbott, and a number 1 for Ullmark and Boqvist, but I doubt either team does that deal.
22 oct. 2023 à 15 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Celtics21
I am hoping for a two goalie rotation in the playoffs keeping our guy healthy. It’s pretty obvious that both can flourish in that situation and are good enough to be solid number 1’s. What isn’t obvious is whether Ullmark can hold up to the wear and tear of being the sole goaltender.

Eventually, we will have to make a decision but it should t be for futures unless it’s the offseason and you can use cap space to get something very good. I had flag a few futures deals with the Kings last offseason, but they don’t have the cap flexibility or mindset to spend money on goaltending.

The closest thing to a win now deal would be something like Zach Hyman and Stuart Skinner for Linus Ullmark and Derek Forbort … and that deal is debatable on how much it would help

With regards to Turcottte, I probably wouldn’t trade Lysell for him because Lysell has more time to emerge before you have to expose to waivers.

I think Swayman is better than Ullmark and we should ride with him as he should be the starter for the next decade and Bussi is an nhl level goalie who can easily play 20 games this year in the Bruin defensive system. As far as Ullmark for a roster player I would rather get a really good prospect or young player, save the money and sign Lindholm next year as the number 1 center.
22 oct. 2023 à 15 h 44
Démarrer sujet
People are on you because it isn’t that easy. If it were, it would have happened already. Teams with cap space are weaponizing it. Deals like Taylor hall for Regula and Mitchell.

It would likely require Arviddsen being shipped and I’d rather have him than Mantha personally.

I could see Arvidssen, Talbott, and a number 1 for Ullmark and Boqvist, but I doubt either team does that deal.

The thing is Edmonton already asked about Ullmark in the offseason and looking at LA and EDM goalie situations, they both STINK. Ullmark’s price is going up and will continue to the deadline. His price won’t be that high in the offseason. If they get desperate enough they will absolutely make cap room for him.
22 oct. 2023 à 15 h 45
I think Swayman is better than Ullmark and we should ride with him as he should be the starter for the next decade and Bussi is an nhl level goalie who can easily play 20 games this year in the Bruin defensive system. As far as Ullmark for a roster player I would rather get a really good prospect or young player, save the money and sign Lindholm next year as the number 1 center.

I’m not sure that Lindholm will make it to free agency, but I do see a good center or forward being available.

The Kings aren’t the team to focus on. They have some good prospects, but the way they value goaltenders likely makes them an out and their farm system is inflated by a lot of good young secondary players.

I do think Edmonton is interesting, because I could see us securing a young prospect like Dylan Holloway as the primary return. I just don’t see the Bruins doing that during the 100 year anniversary. Winning is going to be important and they sacrificed it a tad when they went all in at last deadline (which was good)
Bruinsbeatz a aimé ceci.
22 oct. 2023 à 15 h 54
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 347
absolutely not. Mantha sucks and this just makes the team considerably worse
BruinsCharlies a aimé ceci.
22 oct. 2023 à 16 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: LPProductions

At least someone actually answered the question
LPProductions a aimé ceci.
22 oct. 2023 à 16 h 4
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,702
The thing is Edmonton already asked about Ullmark in the offseason and looking at LA and EDM goalie situations, they both STINK. Ullmark’s price is going up and will continue to the deadline. His price won’t be that high in the offseason. If they get desperate enough they will absolutely make cap room for him.

Hyman for Ullmark is almost equal in CAP...
WIN-WIN, clean hockey trade for both clubs big need, and west vs east geography to boot...
22 oct. 2023 à 16 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: McGruff
WIN-WIN, clean hockey trade for both clubs big need, and west vs east geography to boot...

I’d do it in a heartbeat, I think EDM values Hyman too much but it does make sense.
22 oct. 2023 à 16 h 14
GM CRIME DAWG
I’d do it in a heartbeat, I think EDM values Hyman too much but it does make sense.

BOS is in the driver's seat!

EDM has to be really real-real and look at the doomsday clock (or ticking time bomb) that is UFA LD & UFA McJ leaving this sad-sack outfit...
22 oct. 2023 à 16 h 33
Quoting: LPProductions

I’d rather have Arviddsen than Mantha and the Kings would have to trade him to make the original deal happen.

My primary concern here would be is Bussi ready? His 2.97 GAA and .905 save percentage is not what I expect from the kid. I’d probably want to add Skinner and Forbort to make the cap position work for both teams. Then look to flip Skinner next year

I believe Hyman has a full NMC. Not sure whether he accepts. I also wonder if Edmonton is on Ullmark’s no trade list
22 oct. 2023 à 16 h 42
GM CRIME DAWG
I’d rather have Arviddsen than Mantha and the Kings would have to trade him to make the original deal happen.

My primary concern here would be is Bussi ready? His 2.97 GAA and .905 save percentage is not what I expect from the kid. I’d probably want to add Skinner and Forbort to make the cap position work for both teams. Then look to flip Skinner next year

I believe Hyman has a full NMC. Not sure whether he accepts. I also wonder if Edmonton is on Ullmark’s no trade list

BOS is in the driver's seat.

I like clean, NHL-hockey deals and don't want other clubs problems.
Just call Holland suggest Hy for Ullmark (w/ the CAP $$ diff settled on those two alone) and move on to winning more games...

Backups are a dime a dozen - sooner try Bussi than SS...
22 oct. 2023 à 16 h 48
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 347

I just can't see them trading Ullmark midseason
22 oct. 2023 à 16 h 59
Backups are a dime a dozen - sooner try Bussi than SS...

That’s the thought process that got the teams we are discussing in trouble. Backup goaltenders are important parts of the team and Skinner has ability.
22 oct. 2023 à 17 h 9
GM CRIME DAWG
That’s the thought process that got the teams we are discussing in trouble. Backup goaltenders are important parts of the team and Skinner has ability.

Bussi had better (and respectable) numbers last year.
Why not look at a larger sample-size than just 3-games & a new squad of AHL "D" for this season in the minors.

Do you not think when he has: McA/Forb/Lindh/Carlo/Grizz/Shatt & the Bruins-system that he'd be OK, if not elite?
I'd go w/ that and not blink an eye...
22 oct. 2023 à 17 h 41
Bussi had better (and respectable) numbers last year.
Why not look at a larger sample-size than just 3-games & a new squad of AHL "D" for this season in the minors.

Do you not think when he has: McA/Forb/Lindh/Carlo/Grizz/Shatt & the Bruins-system that he'd be OK, if not elite?
I'd go w/ that and not blink an eye...

I’m open to Bussi as a backup and believe he can beat out Skinner eventually.

Skinner has more value than Forbort and within this system could probably secure enough value that I view that as a future asset.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage