Forums/Armchair-GM

saw this from a leafs fan

Créé par: Fylster
Équipe: 2023-24 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 17 oct. 2023
Publié: 17 oct. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Figured I would give the isles perspective on this since loosing our best right defensive defenseman is a huge hit, but I think for an elite talent like Nylander, it is worth it. The issue is how do we replace that hole. I don't think we need to get a player as good, just somebody serviceable, cheaper, and will work well in the system. The identity line will sadly have to end, but considering we have solid prospects that are faster and younger that will be fine in the bottom 6. They also have a veteran to help with their development. Trotz likes JGP so I would not be surprised if he took that trade considering how lacking the forward core is in Nashville, having a versatile middle 6 player who is strong on the pk and gets a lot of short handed opportunities, is one of the best face-off guys in the league, and is defensively responsible and a great skater, couldn't hurt to have. The 4th rounder is mostly a sweetener because it is very hard to appease other teams fanbases when their players are involved. Most likely, preds fans will say it is not enough, and isles fans will say it is too much, oh well. This move lets us bring up our most nhl ready prospect by far. Seriously, watch Iskhakov play, he is a beast. He has 5 points in 2 games in Bridgeport and was great last year. The first trade for Nylander was not my idea originally, I saw that trade from a leaf's fan and I think it suites needs for both teams well. The other moves also make enough cap space to sign Nylander for 9-10 million. This would be an amazing top 6. That second line might be the most underrated in the league. Palmieri is almost always on pace for 50 points and is one of the most underrated playoff performers in the league. Nelson might be the most underrated center in the league. Engvall is somebody I am curious to see because of how well he transitions the puck. Bro can skate. The first line is stacked with talent, yes Barzal is a left winger. He stated that he prefers it to the right wing. Lee will be a nice veteran to have with Iskhakov and Wahlstrom. Wahlstrom has to prove himself to be a good power forward for when Palmieri's contract runs up to hopefully take his place. He has a wicked shot and I really hope he shows what he can do this season.
Transactions
NYI
  1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2024 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
This could be any team that needs physicality
NSH
  1. Pageau, Jean-Gabriel
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (NYI)
NYI
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2024 (LAK)
Détails additionnels:
Same with the martin trade. Any team that is gonna make the playoffs that need some extra physicality in the bottom 6.
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de EDM
Logo de NYI
Logo de LAK
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $78 791 491 $0 $57 500 $4 708 509 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Islanders de New York
9 150 000 $9 150 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 8
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 8
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 7
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 3
855 000 $855 000 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
C
RFA - 1
874 125 $874 125 $
AD
RFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
AG
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C
UFA - 4
775 000 $775 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 6
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
Logo de Predators de Nashville
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 4
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 7
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
787 500 $787 500 $
AD
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
17 oct. 2023 à 3 h 9
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,319
Modifié 17 oct. 2023 à 3 h 14
Might be a trade that could work out for both teams-personally I think it's plugging one whole by making another for the Leafs- but I don't see it as a realistic scenario for a few reasons (trade protection, a top pairing defender with term being dealt, requires 3 other trades to make the cap work for next season).

I could see something like Romanov + Pageau (=7.5M) for Nylander+ Timmins/Liljegren (=8.1/8.4M) in terms of NHL roster players (probably a lot of picks would be involved including the ISLES 2024 1st and maybe a waiver-exempt player from NYI + whatever futures are needed to cover Timmins/Liljegren's value).

- Romanov isn't the top-pairing defenseman that TOR needs (at least according to fans) but he does add physicality which is what Treliving is looking to do. With Pelech, Pulock, and Mayfield on the team I think the Isles would be open to moving him out and getting a good puck-moving defender like Timmins instead. A potential problem with this is that the Isles would have 4 RHD if Timmins dresses which might not be to their liking. Toronto on the other hand, would only have 2 RHD but that's just the status quo with Brodie playing the right side.

- Pageau would be a solid 3C for the Leafs, they do have Minten who looks like he will be a great 2 or 3C, but I do think he will eventually get sent down after his 9-games. Out of all the players with trade protection in NYI, I think maybe Pageau would be the most likely to waive for TOR/not have them on his list.

-The Leafs might be better served to keep Timmins but perhaps they can just get futures for him now as part of a Nylander trade since he won't have much of a role as a Leafs until Klingberg leaves (if he does). For the Isles, his having the extra year, might make it easier to fit in Nylander's extension which will probably see him getting a 3-3.5M raise along with Sorokin's 4.5M raise next year. Liljegren probably gets a pay bump in the 2.5-3.5M range depending on the term and how he does this year, but the main reason I think it doesn't make much sense to include him is that the Romanov for Liljegren swap doesn't really make too much sense for either side.

-I had Wahlstrom included originally, but I'm a bit on the fence about that. I think the Isles would prefer to keep him, although they might not be able to afford him if he breaks out but at least he's an RFA. The Leafs might want him due to his good shot, but depending on when this trade occurs there might not really be a spot for him on the roster. At the risk of making this a 7+ piece trade, maybe the Leafs could add Robertson if he is included. On the other hand, the Leafs (and the Isles) could just decide to keep their guy, and give Robertson the opportunity to make the team with Nylander's departure assuming Minten eventually gets sent down.

I do think the Leafs are just going to pay Nylander 9.75-10.5M instead of making a trade that weakens them/is not an absolute slam dunk as I proposed, or one that improves their D but weakens their offense like Pulock for Nylander. Nylander is just making it easier for the Leafs to justify giving in to his demands.
Fylster a aimé ceci.
17 oct. 2023 à 9 h 27
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,948
It would have to be Pulock+ for Nylander
17 oct. 2023 à 9 h 31
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,215
Pass on Pageau. NSH already has like five middle six centers (It's the only kind of center they have).
17 oct. 2023 à 10 h 8
Leafs Sufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,511
Trading Nylander for a defenseman doesn't make sense right now.

Toronto has scored 14 goals so far this year, 10 of which come from JT, Am and WN. Depths coring is an issue early on (way too early to overreact). Trading Nylander would make this situation worse.
17 oct. 2023 à 14 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 46
Quoting: GMBL
Might be a trade that could work out for both teams-personally I think it's plugging one whole by making another for the Leafs- but I don't see it as a realistic scenario for a few reasons (trade protection, a top pairing defender with term being dealt, requires 3 other trades to make the cap work for next season).

I could see something like Romanov + Pageau (=7.5M) for Nylander+ Timmins/Liljegren (=8.1/8.4M) in terms of NHL roster players (probably a lot of picks would be involved including the ISLES 2024 1st and maybe a waiver-exempt player from NYI + whatever futures are needed to cover Timmins/Liljegren's value).

I agree that it isn't realistic. I just figured I would try to give the isles perspective of a trade like this.

- Romanov isn't the top-pairing defenseman that TOR needs (at least according to fans) but he does add physicality which is what Treliving is looking to do. With Pelech, Pulock, and Mayfield on the team I think the Isles would be open to moving him out and getting a good puck-moving defender like Timmins instead. A potential problem with this is that the Isles would have 4 RHD if Timmins dresses which might not be to their liking. Toronto on the other hand, would only have 2 RHD but that's just the status quo with Brodie playing the right side.

- Pageau would be a solid 3C for the Leafs, they do have Minten who looks like he will be a great 2 or 3C, but I do think he will eventually get sent down after his 9-games. Out of all the players with trade protection in NYI, I think maybe Pageau would be the most likely to waive for TOR/not have them on his list.

-The Leafs might be better served to keep Timmins but perhaps they can just get futures for him now as part of a Nylander trade since he won't have much of a role as a Leafs until Klingberg leaves (if he does). For the Isles, his having the extra year, might make it easier to fit in Nylander's extension which will probably see him getting a 3-3.5M raise along with Sorokin's 4.5M raise next year. Liljegren probably gets a pay bump in the 2.5-3.5M range depending on the term and how he does this year, but the main reason I think it doesn't make much sense to include him is that the Romanov for Liljegren swap doesn't really make too much sense for either side.

-I had Wahlstrom included originally, but I'm a bit on the fence about that. I think the Isles would prefer to keep him, although they might not be able to afford him if he breaks out but at least he's an RFA. The Leafs might want him due to his good shot, but depending on when this trade occurs there might not really be a spot for him on the roster. At the risk of making this a 7+ piece trade, maybe the Leafs could add Robertson if he is included. On the other hand, the Leafs (and the Isles) could just decide to keep their guy, and give Robertson the opportunity to make the team with Nylander's departure assuming Minten eventually gets sent down.

I do think the Leafs are just going to pay Nylander 9.75-10.5M instead of making a trade that weakens them/is not an absolute slam dunk as I proposed, or one that improves their D but weakens their offense like Pulock for Nylander. Nylander is just making it easier for the Leafs to justify giving in to his demands.
17 oct. 2023 à 19 h 23
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,107
First off: Lou's not going to trade Clutterbuck or Martin unless they ask out. It's just not something I can imagine happening at this point.

Second: the value is definitely bad for Toronto on the Nylander/Pulock swap but it also makes the Isles worse, in my opinion. In concert with the Nashville trade you're turning 7 years of Pulock at $6.15M and 3 years of Pageau at $5M (plus whatever futures you're including in both trades) into one year of Nylander at $6.9M and one year of Carrier at $2.5M. There's no way I'm giving up a player as good as Pulock is, at a relatively affordable salary with tons of term, without the ink dry on an Nylander extension. I also personally think that Carrier is a bit of a gamble to take - he's 27, has only one full season under his belt, and is already making $2.5M in his walk year. There's not just enough track record there for me to see him as a slam-dunk, immediate top 4 guy.

As far as Nylander trades, I keep going back to the same point - it makes no sense for Toronto to trade him. There are very few players in the league that are as dynamic as he is, so you're almost guaranteed to make the team worse in the immediate future by moving him. Sure, you might get a decent haul of picks and prospects as part of it, but the Leafs as currently constructed are the epitome of a "win now" team, so those assets only matter as much as the player you eventually flip them for - a player, I'm willing to bet, that will not be on the same level offensively as Willy Nylander.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage