Forums/Armchair-GM

Shuffle the Defense Deck

Créé par: A_K
Équipe: 2023-24 Blues de St-Louis
Date de création initiale: 16 oct. 2023
Publié: 16 oct. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Binnington has stolen 3 points so far, I still don't have faith in this defense but some shuffling of the pairings could help. Perunovich should enter just to try to liven up the miserable PP. And Parayko is actually playing very well despite Leddy being his usual self.

Sounds like Buch will be out 1-2 weeks :(. Not quite long enough for LTIR so I don't think they can make a call-up.
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de TOR
Logo de STL
Logo de NYR
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $83 218 929 $20 000 $0 $281 071 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 3
8 125 000 $8 125 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 8
8 125 000 $8 125 000 $
AD
UFA - 8
835 833 $835 833 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 5
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
3 571 429 $3 571 429 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
816 667 $816 667 $
C
RFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 4
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 7
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 4
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 4
775 000 $775 000 $
G
RFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 3
800 000 $800 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
950 000 $950 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
AG, AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
3 275 000 $3 275 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
16 oct. 2023 à 11 h 34
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,410
I’m not sure Perunovich can save this PP. Krug is and has always been one of the better PP puck movers in the league. It’s hard to have success when everything is a jumbled mess because 2 of the first 3 passes are off the tape and we can’t get a clean entry. I’m not so sure all of that is on the defenseman at this point.
16 oct. 2023 à 11 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,332
Quoting: AC14
I’m not sure Perunovich can save this PP. Krug is and has always been one of the better PP puck movers in the league. It’s hard to have success when everything is a jumbled mess because 2 of the first 3 passes are off the tape and we can’t get a clean entry. I’m not so sure all of that is on the defenseman at this point.

Something has to change because that PP is hardd to watch. Thoughts on Vrana moving up to PP1 and trying to get shots from that right side? Tbh I don't even know how it looks in their sets because like you said they can never even get a clean entry to set up. But with Buch out someone is going to have to move up.
16 oct. 2023 à 13 h 12
Quoting: A_K
Something has to change because that PP is hardd to watch. Thoughts on Vrana moving up to PP1 and trying to get shots from that right side? Tbh I don't even know how it looks in their sets because like you said they can never even get a clean entry to set up. But with Buch out someone is going to have to move up.

On paper it’s a good idea. But the issue is I don’t know if it helps with the entries. Our entries have been so bad I’m pretty sure we’ve been getting outshot on the PP.

It’s odd because we have good puck carriers on that first unit. But I think there’s something fundamentally wrong because it seems like the same thing everytime. Skate to center with Krug. And drop to Thomas or a Kyrou to enter with speed and they get jammed up. Issue may realistically be Krug not being able to carry the entry himself. I don’t know if that’s a him thing or a fundamental thing
16 oct. 2023 à 13 h 35
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,371
Okay, first of all, Krug has been god awful the first two games while Leddy has actually been fantastic. So I have no idea how this helps anything.
16 oct. 2023 à 13 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,332
Quoting: mokumboi
Okay, first of all, Krug has been god awful the first two games while Leddy has actually been fantastic. So I have no idea how this helps anything.

Don't you "first of all" me! The only D who has been passable IMO is Parayko - he has been really strong back there. Really I can't believe they've kept 4-55 together after the atrocities they committed last season. I don't know why they think it has to be like that. Same with Krug-Faulk, they get the easy minutes and get to play mostly with the top F line and still don't know what to do. Long overdue for a changeup the way I see it.

The other weird thing is playing the bottom pair 10 min per game. I thought the simplest way to improve the D - since they didn't/couldn't change personnel - would be to spread out the 5v5 minutes a little more. It's early but they moved the other way so far...
16 oct. 2023 à 14 h 7
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,371
Quoting: A_K
Don't you "first of all" me! The only D who has been passable IMO is Parayko - he has been really strong back there. Really I can't believe they've kept 4-55 together after the atrocities they committed last season. I don't know why they think it has to be like that. Same with Krug-Faulk, they get the easy minutes and get to play mostly with the top F line and still don't know what to do. Long overdue for a changeup the way I see it.

The other weird thing is playing the bottom pair 10 min per game. I thought the simplest way to improve the D - since they didn't/couldn't change personnel - would be to spread out the 5v5 minutes a little more. It's early but they moved the other way so far...

I'm sure this will shock everyone for me to say it, but Leddy has been excellent the first two games. I'm as stunned as anyone. On the other hand, Krug has been straight trash the first two games. AND we've tried him with Colt omn the top pairing before, it was horrible. So I have no idea how that change helps anything.

Faulk has not been great, but I assume he'll revert to form soon enough.

The third pairing also has not been great, but Tucker has been better than Scandyman. Frankly, I'm still not clear on why that duo is playing over Scotty-Bortz. So I agree the third pairing needs a change and when Bortz is there, they need to share more minutes.
A_K a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2023 à 14 h 22
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 38
Quoting: AC14

I respectfully have to disagree with this. Krug really struggles with positioning on the powerplay. Like he just stands in the middle of the ice and watches as the puck gets cleared out past him. Perunovich and other great powerplay quarterbacks (for example Dunn) can read which way the puck is moving and hold it in at the line. On top of that when they get the puck at the point they don't panic with it and they make smooth plays to an open man. Krug just shoots it back in behind the net. At this point in his career I think he is just too slow to be the same powerplay quarterback he used to be and his skillset pales in comparison to what Perunovich can bring. It baffles me how he gets 22+ minutes a night and Perunovich is stuck on the bench.
On another note I'd like to see Tucker played more he's looked really solid in his small minutes and I think him and Parayko could perform decent together.
16 oct. 2023 à 21 h 9
Quoting: BluesReport18
I respectfully have to disagree with this. Krug really struggles with positioning on the powerplay. Like he just stands in the middle of the ice and watches as the puck gets cleared out past him. Perunovich and other great powerplay quarterbacks (for example Dunn) can read which way the puck is moving and hold it in at the line. On top of that when they get the puck at the point they don't panic with it and they make smooth plays to an open man. Krug just shoots it back in behind the net. At this point in his career I think he is just too slow to be the same powerplay quarterback he used to be and his skillset pales in comparison to what Perunovich can bring. It baffles me how he gets 22+ minutes a night and Perunovich is stuck on the bench.
On another note I'd like to see Tucker played more he's looked really solid in his small minutes and I think him and Parayko could perform decent together.

Krugs production alone on the powerplay is high end. Point production in general is. He’s never been an overly mobile puck control player like a Hughes or a Makar or a Fox. But he’s a very high end distributor.

I’m not sure we need to look at him as the issue with our powerplay. We don’t have a trigger man on the powerplay. That’s aside from the countless time that ticks down with us fumbling around passes and drop passes trying to get into the zone. Krugs powerplay numbers alone have dropped massively since coming to STL. I’m not sure if we can point towards him aging at that point, and it’s not really like Boston was an offensive powerhouse when he was on the roster.
22 oct. 2023 à 2 h 2
Zizz1262
Rejoint: oct. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Cant hurt to try Scotty P on the PP for a few games! Better than letting him rot on the bench. However i dont think hes the main issue. I think Kryou is the issue. He is consistently dusting off the shot back to Krug. Kyrou should be shooting way more from that spot at the top of the circle.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage