Forums/Armchair-GM

The best 23 arent always the chosen 23

Créé par: NHLfan10506
Équipe: 2023-24 Devils du New Jersey
Date de création initiale: 29 sept. 2023
Publié: 29 sept. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Lineup it appears now. Final cuts are in taxi squad.

Here are the notable ones...

1. Nemec has looked better than Bahl, Smith, Miller, Foote...but may not be on opening day roster. Fitzy and company keep saying, "planning for next 10-15 years, not for next 6 months." Development will be priority and that will still likely occur in Utica to start.

2. Clarke has also looked good enough to make this team, and if he had to pass through waivers, he'd probably get the call to NHL. But with exemption, he returns to Utica to play top-line.

3. Smith appears to be our 9th best dman right now. Maybe we could carry 8 dmen, but not 9.

4. Tyce Thompson does a lot of things well, just not any one thing well enough to earn a spot.
Rachats de contrats
Frais appliqués
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de COL
Logo de NJD
Logo de NSH
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $79 275 000 $422 500 $2 232 500 $4 225 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
8 800 000 $8 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 8
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
C
UFA - 4
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
2 125 000 $2 125 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C
UFA - 7
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 8
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 4
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 3
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
AD, C
RFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $
AG
RFA - 1
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
C
RFA - 1
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
DG
UFA - 5
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
G
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance925 000 $$925K)
DG/DD
RFA - 2
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
850 833 $850 833 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
G
RFA - 1
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
1 850 000 $1 850 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
Équipe de réserve
918 333 $918 333 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance3 250 000 $$3M)
DD
RFA - 3
850 833 $850 833 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
AD, C
RFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DG/DD, AG
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
29 sept. 2023 à 15 h 41
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,982
A great way to piss off Nemec (or any pro player) is to sit him in the minors, just to save cap. He wouldn't have much interest in being a Devil for 10 or 15 years if that's (in his eyes) that's how the organization treats him or the team.
And if I'm a Devil player (except for maybe the iffy Dmen), I want the best chance of winning NOW....not this 10 year BS.
29 sept. 2023 à 16 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,614
Quoting: palhal
A great way to piss off Nemec (or any pro player) is to sit him in the minors, just to save cap. He wouldn't have much interest in being a Devil for 10 or 15 years if that's (in his eyes) that's how the organization treats him or the team.
And if I'm a Devil player (except for maybe the iffy Dmen), I want the best chance of winning NOW....not this 10 year BS.

While the extra slide year is nice and all...its really about his development as a player. He is still a 19-year old kid, hasn't earned the right to make a stink about it. I think the veteran guys would be more peeved if Nemec stood up and demanded to be on roster. Gotta earn your stripes, kid.
BrodeurBro30 a aimé ceci.
29 sept. 2023 à 16 h 26
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,515

there will be injuries and he will get his chance. if he is good enough, they might dress him for the playoff too.
BrodeurBro30 a aimé ceci.
29 sept. 2023 à 17 h 12
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 169

Here’s a list of defensemen who’s contracts slid for 2 years:
- Evan Bouchard
- K’Andre Miller
- Moritz Seider
- Kaiden Guhle
- Brandt Clarke

These are some of the best D prospects and now players in the league. It’s not out of the norm to play two years in the minors after getting drafted and the team can afford to be patient with Nemec, like the Kings are with Clarke. It is very uncommon to see pro players pouting for not making the roster and given the players the Devils track record of developing NHL talent, it shouldn’t be a problem. Lastly, there is a business element to it and managing contracts in a flat cap era.

Teams want to juice those ELCs to maximize their odds at winning a cup and if the team doesn’t see Nemec as ready to take play everyday, send him down rather than ride the pine.
29 sept. 2023 à 17 h 29
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: BrodeurBro30
Here’s a list of defensemen who’s contracts slid for 2 years:
- Evan Bouchard
- K’Andre Miller
- Moritz Seider
- Kaiden Guhle
- Brandt Clarke

These are some of the best D prospects and now players in the league. It’s not out of the norm to play two years in the minors after getting drafted and the team can afford to be patient with Nemec, like the Kings are with Clarke. It is very uncommon to see pro players pouting for not making the roster and given the players the Devils track record of developing NHL talent, it shouldn’t be a problem. Lastly, there is a business element to it and managing contracts in a flat cap era.

Teams want to juice those ELCs to maximize their odds at winning a cup and if the team doesn’t see Nemec as ready to take play everyday, send him down rather than ride the pine.

I was just going by analysis of the poster of roster. He had Nemec ahead of three players that made the Jersey roster. Now if that doesn't scream to the players on the roster, management doesn't care to win NOW, I don't know what else to say. These players don't care of Jersey's ELC or the slide
The players you mentioned. Were they good enough to be NHLers during the two years of their slide?
Don't think Clarke is good comparsion at all. He was forced to play junior or the NHL., and maybe he wasn't NHL ready. By Nemec's season with Utica and the author's comments, Nemec deserves to play for the Devils ahead of others.
29 sept. 2023 à 17 h 50
I Love J Boqvist
Mentions "j'aime": 3,269
I was just going by analysis of the poster of roster. He had Nemec ahead of three players that made the Jersey roster. Now if that doesn't scream to the players on the roster, management doesn't care to win NOW, I don't know what else to say. These players don't care of Jersey's ELC or the slide
The players you mentioned. Were they good enough to be NHLers during the two years of their slide?
Don't think Clarke is good comparsion at all. He was forced to play junior or the NHL., and maybe he wasn't NHL ready. By Nemec's season with Utica and the author's comments, Nemec deserves to play for the Devils ahead of others.

Which players would have any reason to be upset?
29 sept. 2023 à 18 h 9
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: dgibb10
Which players would have any reason to be upset?

Just going by the original post, where the author said Nemec was better than four of the current NHL Dman. Yeah those four players won't be upset, because they get to keep NHL jobs. But ALL the other players would be upset. Gee, wouldn't they think management wasn't concerned about winning, by demoting a player who deserves play 18 minutes a night over others.
29 sept. 2023 à 18 h 48
I Love J Boqvist
Just going by the original post, where the author said Nemec was better than four of the current NHL Dman. Yeah those four players won't be upset, because they get to keep NHL jobs. But ALL the other players would be upset. Gee, wouldn't they think management wasn't concerned about winning, by demoting a player who deserves play 18 minutes a night over others.

Hughes Hischier Bratt Siegs Hamilton Marino Meier Palat Hughes all have 4+ year contracts which means they'll care about being able to field a better team into the future.
Mercer+L Hughes+Holtz+other young upcoming RFAs are under devils control long term and this only frees up more money for them on future contracts.
all other dman get more opportunities.
Erik Haula loves NJD, trusts what management is doing and won't care.
The other D get more opportunities.

The goalies get a proven strong stay at home option in Colin Miller to make their lives easier.

What? Am I going to mildly annoy Tyler toffoli that there's a potential that Nemec is a tiny upgrade over colin miller at 3RD?
29 sept. 2023 à 19 h 2
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: dgibb10
Hughes Hischier Bratt Siegs Hamilton Marino Meier Palat Hughes all have 4+ year contracts which means they'll care about being able to field a better team into the future.
Mercer+L Hughes+Holtz+other young upcoming RFAs are under devils control long term and this only frees up more money for them on future contracts.
all other dman get more opportunities.
Erik Haula loves NJD, trusts what management is doing and won't care.
The other D get more opportunities.

The goalies get a proven strong stay at home option in Colin Miller to make their lives easier.

What? Am I going to mildly annoy Tyler toffoli that there's a potential that Nemec is a tiny upgrade over colin miller at 3RD?

I disagree with your analysis. Players will be pissed (if by the author's opening comments are accurate) that Nemec deserves to be on the team over four other Dmen..
Players want to win now.
Now if you say Nemec is a minor upgrade over Miller well maybe I can agree with you. But you seem too putting on selfish blinders just to prove yourself right. The author said Nemec is better than FOUR Devils Dmen, three of which will be on the Devils
Sorry, I'm just going by the analysis of a Devils fan who made the post. Yes, players would be pissed if Nemec was sent Utica in place of superior players.
In a non hockey situation"
You would seem justify the hiring a new manager because he is the director's nephew, when four supervisors deserved the job more. Wouldn't all the employees under this new manager be pissed that an underserving person got the job?
29 sept. 2023 à 19 h 16
I Love J Boqvist
I disagree with your analysis. Players will be pissed (if by the author's opening comments are accurate) that Nemec deserves to be on the team over four other Dmen..
Players want to win now.
Now if you say Nemec is a minor upgrade over Miller well maybe I can agree with you. But you seem too putting on selfish blinders just to prove yourself right. The author said Nemec is better than FOUR Devils Dmen, three of which will be on the Devils
Sorry, I'm just going by the analysis of a Devils fan who made the post. Yes, players would be pissed if Nemec was sent Utica in place of superior players.
In a non hockey situation"
You would seem justify the hiring a new manager because he is the director's nephew, when four supervisors deserved the job more. Wouldn't all the employees under this new manager be pissed that an underserving person got the job?

Nemec is a RHD.

Bahl is a LHD, and the 3rd best LHD the devils have.

Siegs-Hamilton
Hughes-Marino
Bahl
is set in stone.

Brendan Smith and Cal Foote are competing for 7D. If nemec is better than them its irrelevant, because it is much better to get him playing RD1 PP1 in utica than standing in the press box.

the RD spot is between Miller and Nemec. That's the battle. If nemec wins it decisively he will be the devils everyday dman. If not he'll go to utica, get his 9 games for NJD at some point, and if he shows enough he'll take the job. Otherwise he will develop in Utica.
29 sept. 2023 à 20 h 16
Rejoint: sept. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 46
Quoting: NHLfan10506
While the extra slide year is nice and all...its really about his development as a player. He is still a 19-year old kid, hasn't earned the right to make a stink about it. I think the veteran guys would be more peeved if Nemec stood up and demanded to be on roster. Gotta earn your stripes, kid.

Who wins the majority of the of the goalie starts?

Fantasy league related

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage