Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2183 500 000 $81 200 000 $637 500 $0 $2 300 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
825 000 $825 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
12 600 000 $12 600 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 8
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 7
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 7
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 6
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 4
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
G
UFA - 2
3 850 000 $3 850 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
987 500 $987 500 $
DG/DD, AG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 6

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
23 sept. 2023 à 10 h 10
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,096
Quoting: Affectionate_Side_64
Well, yes - both individually, but also because you're playing them in your top 6 as a result of your cap management decisions elsewhere. You grasping this? You have a limited amount of cap space to spread among your roster, that's what's referred to as cap management.

And I am more than comfortable with us taking a risk with RyJo and Drouin because we now have a 3rd line that has reliable players and still have a d-corps that is out of this world. Last year our top 6 through most of the season was:

Lehky-Mac-Rantanen
Rodrigues-Compher-Nichuskin

This year's top 6 is better than that one even if Drouin is only a 30 point player and RyJo is only a 40-50 point player. And I will bet good money that both those guys will surpass those numbers given our track record with reviving careers.
Xqb15a et turtlemountain a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2023 à 10 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 434
Quoting: Avsfantrumpetman
And I am more than comfortable with us taking a risk with RyJo and Drouin because we now have a 3rd line that has reliable players and still have a d-corps that is out of this world. Last year our top 6 through most of the season was:

Lehky-Mac-Rantanen
Rodrigues-Compher-Nichuskin

This year's top 6 is better than that one even if Drouin is only a 30 point player and RyJo is only a 40-50 point player. And I will bet good money that both those guys will surpass those numbers given our track record with reviving careers.

So you traded a 40 point winger and a 50 point center, for a 30 point winger who hasn't actually even scored 30 points since 2018, and a "50 point center" who had 28 points in 55 games last year, both of whom are wayyyyy worse defensively, and you somehow got better?

Even if you had gotten better (which you haven't), that's still nowhere near good enough. 30 and 50 points are seriously enough to satisfy you? What a risky bet you're taking on thinking they get to that amount of points. At least you'll win the bet if that happens, because it won't be enough to actually win much else.
23 sept. 2023 à 10 h 26
So you traded a 40 point winger and a 50 point center, for a 30 point winger who hasn't actually even scored 30 points since 2018, and a "50 point center" who had 28 points in 55 games last year, both of whom are wayyyyy worse defensively, and you somehow got better?

Even if you had gotten better (which you haven't), that's still nowhere near good enough. 30 and 50 points are seriously enough to satisfy you? What a risky bet you're taking on thinking they get to that amount of points. At least you'll win the bet if that happens, because it won't be enough to actually win much else.

Cool. Well, you have proven your point that the Avs suck and we won't contend. Hope that satisfies you.

We've still got a cup win in the past two years (I've said that in at least 4 responses now because it really does affect a fan's perspective) and a track record of reviving careers. It's how we won that cup in the first place.
23 sept. 2023 à 10 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Cool. Well, you have proven your point that the Avs suck and we won't contend. Hope that satisfies you.

We've still got a cup win in the past two years (I've said that in at least 4 responses now because it really does affect a fan's perspective) and a track record of reviving careers. It's how we won that cup in the first place.

No, you won the cup because you had a much stronger forward group, not amount of career revival is going to turn RJo, Drouin and Lehkonen into Kadri, Burakovsky and Landeskog. But, your defense is so strong that you COULD contend still if you made a few smart moves. The last time you traded a top 4D it was for a 2C as well.

I'm going to ask you a very simple question and I want you to answer honestly - do you think the roster I proposed above would help your chances of winning over that of your current roster?

Maybe the cup win has affected your view because the answer seems obvious to me.
23 sept. 2023 à 10 h 57
No, you won the cup because you had a much stronger forward group, not amount of career revival is going to turn RJo, Drouin and Lehkonen into Kadri, Burakovsky and Landeskog. But, your defense is so strong that you COULD contend still if you made a few smart moves. The last time you traded a top 4D it was for a 2C as well.

I'm going to ask you a very simple question and I want you to answer honestly - do you think the roster I proposed above would help your chances of winning over that of your current roster?

Maybe the cup win has affected your view because the answer seems obvious to me.

Don't get me wrong, I like the roster you proposed here. Hertl as 2C would rock. Benning and Jack Johnson together doesn't thrill me at all, but that's the give and take of any trade. What I don't like is dedicating 7 years to Hertl. What the Avs are trying to do right now is keep their window open for as long as possible. That means not tying down term to expensive guys because the price to keep MacKinnon, Rantanen and Makar together for their entire careers is going to be STEEP. What I like most about the Avs' current roster is that it allows us to remain competitive and keep our window open for longer.

And for what it's worth, I don't want Lehkonen to turn into anything else. Dude is already awesome for us.
23 sept. 2023 à 11 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Don't get me wrong, I like the roster you proposed here. Hertl as 2C would rock. Benning and Jack Johnson together doesn't thrill me at all, but that's the give and take of any trade. What I don't like is dedicating 7 years to Hertl. What the Avs are trying to do right now is keep their window open for as long as possible. That means not tying down term to expensive guys because the price to keep MacKinnon, Rantanen and Makar together for their entire careers is going to be STEEP. What I like most about the Avs' current roster is that it allows us to remain competitive and keep our window open for longer.

And for what it's worth, I don't want Lehkonen to turn into anything else. Dude is already awesome for us.

Fair enough, I guess my criticism is that IMO you need to add a 2C to be competitive now and in the future. The avs should be the kind of team who'd be going all in on that even if it costs additional assets to make it fit within your cap. Why not explore the cost of turning Rjo into someone like Scheifele, Lindholm or even Backlund? I just really don't think RJo is it, and if I didn't think the Avs would greatly increase their cup odds immediately after making the right move then I wouldn't bother.
23 sept. 2023 à 11 h 29
Fair enough, I guess my criticism is that IMO you need to add a 2C to be competitive now and in the future. The avs should be the kind of team who'd be going all in on that even if it costs additional assets to make it fit within your cap. Why not explore the cost of turning Rjo into someone like Scheifele, Lindholm or even Backlund? I just really don't think RJo is it, and if I didn't think the Avs would greatly increase their cup odds immediately after making the right move then I wouldn't bother.

And I get that RyJo's recent returns are TERRIBLE. He was hurt a lot of last year and when he was playing he didn't produce like at all. But me (and other Avs fans) have built up some trust with our front office and it they think he can be the 2C I'm going to trust them.

It's a weak comparison, but when we traded for Naz he had 44 points in 73 games and RyJo had 28 in 55. The same questions about 2C were being asked about Naz and he stepped up big time. So yes, we're being hopeful about this season but there's some good reason for that hope. What I also have faith in is that if the RyJo experiment is a complete bust I will bet money that we see Sammy G traded for a replacement before January. Bednar kept mixing things up last year until he found a grouping that worked and last year's team FAR outperformed expectations. So yeah, we could try and get a super upgrade at 2C, but I trust this FO to make the right calls.
23 sept. 2023 à 11 h 36
Démarrer sujet
And I get that RyJo's recent returns are TERRIBLE. He was hurt a lot of last year and when he was playing he didn't produce like at all. But me (and other Avs fans) have built up some trust with our front office and it they think he can be the 2C I'm going to trust them.

It's a weak comparison, but when we traded for Naz he had 44 points in 73 games and RyJo had 28 in 55. The same questions about 2C were being asked about Naz and he stepped up big time. So yes, we're being hopeful about this season but there's some good reason for that hope. What I also have faith in is that if the RyJo experiment is a complete bust I will bet money that we see Sammy G traded for a replacement before January. Bednar kept mixing things up last year until he found a grouping that worked and last year's team FAR outperformed expectations. So yeah, we could try and get a super upgrade at 2C, but I trust this FO to make the right calls.

Fair enough, I'm not a big fan of RJOs game but of course there could be something they see that I don't. Good luck this year, will be interesting to see how it plays out.
23 sept. 2023 à 12 h 57
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,083
You depleted assets and cap space to overpay your 3rd pairing defenseman. Because he's a capable top 4 D you could trade one of your other top 4 D to acquire assets and cap space... you get where I'm going with this? How did you acquire the 2C from your cup run?

They have a 2C. Your hair brained plan trades a top 4 dman ensures you lose another top 4 dman in the off season AND trade a 1st round pick for a 30yr old guy with 1 70 pt season under contract for 7 more years. You whine about asset management and manage to gut the defense limit the ability to reload and create more cap issues. 👏
23 sept. 2023 à 13 h 4
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,083

They won the division missing 460 man games playing JT freaking Compher at 2C, not playing a single game with their full d-Corp. the fact you think Compher is somehow better than RyJo kills all your credibility.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage