SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 Over-Achieving Player Prediction Thread

4 sept. 2023 à 10 h 57
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 473
Hi. Do you have a player to suggest who is in a good position to really exceed expectations? This may relate to fantasy hockey, however, even defensive defensemen can overachieve.

Perhaps circumstances such as new line mates, team philosophy, or a newly open depth chart reveals the next Troy Terry or William Karlsson?

Enlighten us on a guy who maybe the rest of us don’t know so well.
4 sept. 2023 à 11 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 473
Modifié 4 sept. 2023 à 12 h 34
Meet Sammy Blais, St. Louis.

Prediction:

42 goals, less than 70 points, over 13 but under 15 min average ice time, 90%+ of points 5v5 for 1 million AAV. Team lead and top 10 NHL in 5v5 goals. League point and goal leader among “bottom 6” skaters. Secures him a 4 year deal for almost 20 million bucks. 12-20% shooting percentage (netfront).

If there were a player built for a system - here it is. This is textbook:

He likes the corner, he likes the netfront, he cycles, he wrist shots, he delivers big hits. If Ryan Reaves and David Perron were romantic, Sammy Blais should arrive in about 9 months. He already has the love from his coach and the fans, now he has an evil line that you will learn to hate.

St. Louis will be interesting line-up soup this season. You would guess correctly that Sammy Blais isn’t starting the season on the first power play. Or the second. Due to this, it’s likely he ends up on 6’5’’ Kevin Hayes line along with 6’6’’ Alexi Toropchenko. Sammy Blais is the little one at 6’2’’ 210. Did I mention he hits?

This line should respond nearly every time there is defensive pushback, such as after any special teams scenario have taken both team’s elite off the ice a moment. It should also be used anytime the team is under heavy pressure in their own zone but finally got a whistle. It should be similar to Boston’s usage of Charlie Coyle’s line during the first half of 2022/23. That line was a gigantic reason Boston set a regular season record - for a chunk of time they were above 80% defensive zone draws and barely any power play time. They set the table for everybody else nearly every shift, that is when they didn’t score the goal themselves. You should see STL also send 6’6’’ Colton Parayko out at this time. The game plan is resist the oncoming push and turn the tables. Lots of long sticks and big hits will do that. Then it’s cycles, hits, wrist shots, and cellys. The benefit for Blais is his positioning; he loves the netfront and will finish for this line early and often. He’s also solid on the rush, and this gigantic line with its gigantic sticks will spring more than a few 2 on 1s.

Wooo.

Get used to it.
4 sept. 2023 à 12 h 34
Puckhead
Rejoint: sept. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 328
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
Sammy Blais, St. Louis.

Prediction:

42 goals, less than 70 points, over 14 but under 16 min average ice time, 90%+ of points 5v5 for 1 million AAV. Team lead and top 10 NHL in 5v5 goals. League point and goal leader among “bottom 6” skaters. Secures him a 4 year deal for almost 20 million bucks. 12-20% shooting percentage (netfront).

If there were a player built for a system - here it is. He likes the corner, he likes the netfront, he cycles, he wrist shots, and he delivers big hits. If Ryan Reaves and David Perron were romantic, Sammy Blais should arrive in about 9 months. Now he has an evil line that you will learn to hate.

St. Louis will be interesting line-up soup this season. You would guess correctly that Sammy Blais isn’t starting the season on the first power play. Or the second. Due to this, it’s likely he ends up on 6’5’’ Kevin Hayes line along with 6’6’’ Alexi Toropchenko. Sammy Blais is the little one at 6’2’’ 210. Did I mention he hits?

This line should respond nearly every time there is defensive pushback, such as after any special teams scenario have taken both team’s elite off the ice a moment. It should be similar to Boston’s usage of Charlie Coyle’s line during the first half of 2022/23. That line was a gigantic reason Boston set a regular season record - for a chunk of time they were above 80% defensive zone draws and barely any power play time. They set the table for everybody else nearly every shift, that is when they didn’t score the goal themselves. You should see STL also send 6’6’’ Colton Parayko out at this time. The game plan is resist the oncoming push and turn the tables. Lots of long sticks and big hits will do that. Then it’s cycles, hits, wrist shots, and cellys. The benefit for Blais is his positioning; he loves the netfront and will finish for this line early and often.

Wooo.

Get used to it.

42 goals for Blais, did I read that right? I actually really like that style of player and would have him on my team any day BUT...he wont get 20 is my guess...15 goals in 60ish games.

In my predictions I do have St Louis being a surprise though, I think they make the playoffs as over achievers.

I would say Miles Wood similar to Blais (but paid way more not sure if he applyies) will be closer to 42 goals...29 for the Avalanche is my guess.
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
4 sept. 2023 à 12 h 52
Kansler
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 230
I think Anton Lundell is gonna go off this season.
Playing on the wing scoring 55-60 points, while still playing PK.

They got enough centerdepth for him not having to take faceoffs, a little more shooting with an slightly better percentage and he might hit something in the ballpark of 25+35
CantStopWontStop et GM_SZK a aimé ceci.
4 sept. 2023 à 18 h 18
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,695
Whomever is on Bedard's line will have a game full of "cookies & apples"...
HockeyManiac95 et Rangsey a aimé ceci.
4 sept. 2023 à 19 h 49
and proud of it
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,605
I think Ryan Johansen has a good chance of making a comeback in Colorado.
28 sept. 2023 à 10 h 58
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
This might be just wishful thinking on my part but i would love to see Jack Roslovic ball out in a contract year. I doubt he would get the bag from us, but he'll get a bag somewhere...
1 oct. 2023 à 9 h 10
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Totally random guess, but I'll go with Andrei Kuzmenko getting 90+ points and Anthony Beauvillier getting 70+ points.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage