Forums/Armchair-GM

If Petey forces his way out next summer

Créé par: Random2152
Équipe: 2024-25 Blue Jackets de Columbus
Date de création initiale: 29 août 2023
Publié: 29 août 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
NGL this is the trade that makes the most sense to me league wide.
Star NHL ready prospect, top-6 local talent, and a (hopefully) late 1st to finally get that 1C and accelerate the rebuild as CBJ seems intent on doing.
VAN really seems intent on getting RHD, and this ensures they finally get it as well as a forward to 'replace' Petey. Everyone being NHL ready helps smooth things over with the fanbase and owner.

CBJ still has the players, prospects, and cap space to fill out the roster.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
811 000 000 $
Transactions
CBJ
  1. Pettersson, Elias [Droits de RFA]
VAN
  1. Jiricek, David
  2. Johnson, Kent [Droits de RFA]
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (CBJ)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de LAK
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de VGK
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1287 500 000 $65 650 000 $0 $3 200 000 $21 850 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
9 750 000 $9 750 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 8
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C, AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 200 000 $$3M)
C
RFA - 2
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
9 583 333 $9 583 333 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 7
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 725 000 $4 725 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
G
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
DD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
30 août 2023 à 6 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,744
Quoting: Bricher33
You said top 5 in the world and mathews would be 5 on my list.
Mcdavid
ManKinnon
Pasta
Chucky
Mathews

So you are literally arguing with someone you made up in your head then
30 août 2023 à 6 h 35
Rejoint: mars 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 151
Quoting: Juiceman
I mean it’s a fantastic return, but I’m not sure Columbus would be Pettersson’s dream spot to re-sign in

Quoting: Epic_Ninja_Dude
If Pettersson truly forces his way out I'd be happy with this return. Only problem I can see is Petey signing in Columbus. They've got a few star wingers and a good young core, but is it enough for him to want to commit to the team for pretty much his entire prime? Would probably hinge on how big a step the Jackets take forwards this season.

Quoting: The_Rocket
If petey forces his way out is it really columbus he would sign long term in?

People floating he wouldn't sign but i guess these were all just in my head.
30 août 2023 à 6 h 35
Quoting: Random2152
So you are literally arguing with someone you made up in your head then

Whos your top five?
30 août 2023 à 6 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
People floating he wouldn't sign but i guess these were all just in my head.

Yes. That has nothing to do with a rental situation.
Once again, you arent paying attention, made assumptions and got mad about those assumptions

Hint: check the year for this agm
30 août 2023 à 6 h 39
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,717
Petey might be a top 5 player in the world. That does not get you 8 years of that lmao

He's neither a top-5 F or top-5 player. There's a case to be made for top-5 C, though.

However, I disagree that it's outside of the the realm of reasonable if Petey is demanding a trade. People have cited the Tkachuk deal but that featured a 28 & 29 year old as the key pieces and, as such, the nature of the trade and valuation is different. Johnson (assuming a ~60pt season from him) and the 1st (assuming around #10-14) are the central pieces and are a great foundation for such a trade.

I can see why Boqvist may be not that appealing due to his injuries. Would Mateychuk work better despite being another LD?
If we assume Sillinger bounces back (~35 point season as 3C), would you prefer him or another young F (Marchenko, Voronkov, etc)?
Bricher33 et Civil_Eng_PE a aimé ceci.
30 août 2023 à 6 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: SupremeBone
He's neither a top-5 F or top-5 player. There's a case to be made for top-5 C, though.

However, I disagree that it's outside of the the realm of reasonable if Petey is demanding a trade. People have cited the Tkachuk deal but that featured a 28 & 29 year old as the key pieces and, as such, the nature of the trade and valuation is different. Johnson (assuming a ~60pt season from him) and the 1st (assuming around #10-14) are the central pieces and are a great foundation for such a trade.

I can see why Boqvist may be not that appealing due to his injuries. Would Mateychuk work better despite being another LD?
If we assume Sillinger bounces back (~35 point season as 3C), would you prefer him or another young F (Marchenko, Voronkov, etc)?

Your assumptions are off base.
30 août 2023 à 6 h 40
You said top 5 in the world and mathews would be 5 on my list.
Mcdavid
ManKinnon
Pasta
Chucky
Mathews

This leaves out Draisaitl and all Dmen who need to be factored into the top-5 discussion.
Civil_Eng_PE a aimé ceci.
30 août 2023 à 6 h 41
Yes. That has nothing to do with a rental situation.
Once again, you arent paying attention, made assumptions and got mad about those assumptions

Hint: check the year for this agm

Hows about this. Columbus declines and wishes you the best of luck finding someone willing to give up that kind of young talent for a solid player that has had one breakout year.

Still waiting on that top 5 in the world of yours.
30 août 2023 à 6 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Hows about this. Columbus declines and wishes you the best of luck finding someone willing to give up that kind of young talent for a solid player that has had one breakout year.

Still waiting on that top 5 in the world of yours.

You are a sad, strange little man
30 août 2023 à 6 h 44

I was being generous and keeping it to F's for him. If we are honest Makar should be in the list purely on value over replacement. Also the only reason i leave dri's off is due to the Mcjesus factor. He is either with him of not facing the other teams top line due to him. NOT AT ALL saying hes not great just gets docked a few points. Kind of like how i dock Marner some also.
30 août 2023 à 6 h 45
You are a sad, strange little man

Still waiting
30 août 2023 à 6 h 46
Your assumptions are off base.

The very point of having this kind of discussion is to predict what players will do in advance and base our conclusions off such. If you'd like to posit a different set of hypothetical outcomes, you're free to.

However, given the nature of your responses to me, it seems there's no reason to attempt to discuss things.
Bricher33 et Civil_Eng_PE a aimé ceci.
30 août 2023 à 6 h 48
The very point of having this kind of discussion is to predict what players will do in advance and base our conclusions off such. If you'd like to posit a different set of hypothetical outcomes, you're free to.

However, given the nature of your responses to me, it seems there's no reason to attempt to discuss things.

O theres a reason. I want to see his top 5 in the world. That's one hell of a claim to make. O and if he's reading this.....still waiting.
30 août 2023 à 6 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming

Lol
If you want to know why I'm not being particularly engaging with you, one reason is because you assume that the 2025 pick is going to be a lotto pick.
2025. A pick I specifically slated out as a late pick.

If you (and that other poster) can't even get on the right page - there is no discussion to be had. So get off your high horse
30 août 2023 à 7 h 15
Lol
If you want to know why I'm not being particularly engaging with you, one reason is because you assume that the 2025 pick is going to be a lotto pick.
2025. A pick I specifically slated out as a late pick.

If you (and that other poster) can't even get on the right page - there is no discussion to be had. So get off your high horse

The pick isn't the problem. It's the fact that you're wanting a guy who has a shot to be on our top d pair this season AND our very young coming off a solid rookie season with lots of room to grow AND a first.

Also still waiting for that top 5.
30 août 2023 à 7 h 15
Yegor bomb
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 949
KJ, imo, is untouchable right now. Other CBJ fans think Jiricek is also untouchable but I'll allow it in this instance. A trade for Petey wanting out next summer would be around a Eichel return not Tkachuk since Calgary wanted to still compete so that trade really isn't comparable. This trade would be a mini retool and to shorten any rebuild Van would have to commit to (also similar to what Buffalo has done). With that you get the following:

- a 50 pt. a season player (23-25 years old)
- a young prospect (mid 1st round)
- mid 1st round pick
- mid 2nd round pick

Now lets say EP is worth more then Eichel was at that time (Which is true since Eichel had an unknown with his neck) so lets bump that "a young prospect (mid 1st round)" to a coveted prospect who was drafted at the top of the draft (Jiricek). Then you have Cole Silinger who is the Krebs part of this trade. Then you have the 2025 1st (which should be a mid 1st rounder) and then we add a 2nd the following year.

We get this as the final trade:

From Van:

- EP

From CBJ:

- Cole Sillinger
- Jiricek
- 2025 1st
- 2026 2nd

This is the most I can see Jarmo offering IMO. I know you, based off comments already, will hate this trade but for the sake of argument I thought I would add my 2 cents.
Bricher33 et Indy a aimé ceci.
30 août 2023 à 7 h 27
Quoting: Civil_Eng_PE
KJ, imo, is untouchable right now. Other CBJ fans think Jiricek is also untouchable but I'll allow it in this instance. A trade for Petey wanting out next summer would be around a Eichel return not Tkachuk since Calgary wanted to still compete so that trade really isn't comparable. This trade would be a mini retool and to shorten any rebuild Van would have to commit to (also similar to what Buffalo has done). With that you get the following:

- a 50 pt. a season player (23-25 years old)
- a young prospect (mid 1st round)
- mid 1st round pick
- mid 2nd round pick

Now lets say EP is worth more then Eichel was at that time (Which is true since Eichel had an unknown with his neck) so lets bump that "a young prospect (mid 1st round)" to a coveted prospect who was drafted at the top of the draft (Jiricek). Then you have Cole Silinger who is the Krebs part of this trade. Then you have the 2025 1st (which should be a mid 1st rounder) and then we add a 2nd the following year.

We get this as the final trade:

From Van:

- EP

From CBJ:

- Cole Sillinger
- Jiricek
- 2025 1st
- 2026 2nd

This is the most I can see Jarmo offering IMO. I know you, based off comments already, will hate this trade but for the sake of argument I thought I would add my 2 cents.

I don't see Jiri moving but this is much more inline with what i was thinking. I could see maybe a Stan or Maty replacing Jiri along with more on the picks end or another kicker prospect ie. Del bel or Dumais. I really don't see Jarmo moving a high end RHD since those are almost as rare as centers.
30 août 2023 à 7 h 29
Yegor bomb
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 949
I don't see Jiri moving but this is much more inline with what i was thinking. I could see maybe a Stan or Maty replacing Jiri along with more on the picks end or another kicker prospect ie. Del bel or Dumais. I really don't see Jarmo moving a high end RHD since those are almost as rare as centers.

For a player of EP's caliber it takes one of KJ or Jiricek 100%. You do not get EP without one of them included and I rather trade Jiricek than KJ. But I suppose they can be interchangeable in a trade like this.
Bricher33 a aimé ceci.
30 août 2023 à 7 h 37
Quoting: Civil_Eng_PE
For a player of EP's caliber it takes one of KJ or Jiricek 100%. You do not get EP without one of them included and I rather trade Jiricek than KJ. But I suppose they can be interchangeable in a trade like this.

Fair enough. I would almost rather let KJ go than Jiri. In three or four years he could be in conversations with makar, fox, McAvoy. If you want to see the value of a RHD just look at Petry and Ellis getting 6.2
30 août 2023 à 7 h 41
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,194
Modifié 30 août 2023 à 9 h 33
After all the so called experts on here with their Peety trades and views.One thing is certain.HE s a Canuck loves the city the team and has NEVER said he wants to go any where.This trade B.S. is fuelled by other fans with little knowledge of the facts.All the made up theories are just that Baseless wild guesses.JUST like the rest of us on here no one REALLY knows what will REALLY happen.Just my opinion.
30 août 2023 à 7 h 44
Quoting: remowilliams
After all the so called experts on here with their Peety trades and views.One thing is certain.HE s a Canuck loves the city the team and has NEVER said he wants to go any where.This trade B.S. is fuelled by other fans with little knowledge of the facts.All the made up therories are just that Baseless wild guesses.JUST like the rest of us on here no one REALLY knows what will REALLY happen.Just my opinion.

Just to prove my expertise i did call the Provo trade wayyy back. lol
30 août 2023 à 7 h 47
Just to prove my expertise i did call the Provo trade wayyy back. lol

Seriously.That makes you an expert?
30 août 2023 à 8 h 12
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,190
I thought Petey said he wanted to win?????
30 août 2023 à 8 h 21
Quoting: Leafsfan98
I thought Petey said he wanted to win?????

WIN IN VANCOUVER!!!!!!!!! Hes a Canuck.
30 août 2023 à 8 h 31
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,190
Quoting: remowilliams
WIN IN VANCOUVER!!!!!!!!! Hes a Canuck.

That's a contradiction though

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options: