Forums/Armchair-GM

Early September of this year is going to be big

Créé par: sensonfire
Équipe: 2023-24 Sénateurs d'Ottawa
Date de création initiale: 14 août 2023
Publié: 14 août 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
That's when Michael Andlauer will officially become the owner of the Ottawa Senators.

And when he'll be able to clean house (i.e. fire our GM, coaching staff, etc).

Andlauer has reportedly told his financial partners to have the money in place and be ready to execute the deal on August 31st.

Per Bruce Garrioch
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
22 500 000 $
1787 500 $
Transactions
OTT
  1. Katchouk, Boris
  2. Kayumov, Artur [Liste de réserve]
CHI
  1. Joseph, Mathieu
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (OTT)
Détails additionnels:
List of Hawks fans in AGM that have so far endorsed this trade:

exo2769
Hawksguy81
HiddenValley
CFMan
JK74
Garak
BrianCampbell
Jco5ta5
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de OTT
Logo de DET
Logo de OTT
Logo de DET
Logo de TBL
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2183 500 000 $80 525 713 $0 $1 850 000 $2 974 287 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 2
8 350 000 $8 350 000 $
C
UFA - 8
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 1
8 205 714 $8 205 714 $
AG
UFA - 5
7 950 000 $7 950 000 $
C
UFA - 7
4 975 000 $4 975 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
863 333 $863 333 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C
RFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
758 333 $758 333 $
AG
RFA - 1
835 000 $835 000 $
C, AD
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 5
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD, AG
RFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
G
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 850 000 $$2M)
DG
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 2
805 000 $805 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
787 500 $787 500 $
AG
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
14 août 2023 à 13 h 20
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 67
Do you think he fires everyone in September with weeks to go before the season?
Or
Do you think he gives Dorion and DJ a chance to start the season and show if there is improvement? If so, how many games do you think he gives them and results to expect?

I have heard that Andlauer has Patrick Roy waiting to take DJ's job as soon as he can. Either way i am excited for the change and new beginning for the team.
sensonfire a aimé ceci.
14 août 2023 à 13 h 33
Démarrer sujet
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,463
Quoting: Echlz
Or
Do you think he gives Dorion and DJ a chance to start the season and show if there is improvement? If so, how many games do you think he gives them and results to expect?

I have heard that Andlauer has Patrick Roy waiting to take DJ's job as soon as he can. Either way i am excited for the change and new beginning for the team.

I honestly don't know what Andlauer will do.

FWIW, Patrick Roy did step down as Head Coach of the Quebec Remparts.

And Steve Staios did quit his front office position with the Edmonton Oilers.

So, that leads me to believe Andlauer fires everyone in September.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
14 août 2023 à 13 h 39
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 768
I think he’ll keep everyone at this point in the off-season, DJ and Pierre, and will add Staios as Assistant GM and Alfie in player development. Can see a coaching change being made if sens start out with there regular terrible November and GM at the end of the year.
sensonfire, Hii, Fox_Czar_Cup and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
14 août 2023 à 13 h 55
Sens
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 385
Pinto's bridge deal will likely be smaller 1 year deal between 1.5-2 mil in order to fit a full roster, that being said, probably another prospect (lassi or someone else) sent with joseph for maybe a lower draft pick.
sensonfire a aimé ceci.
14 août 2023 à 14 h 13
Hii
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 570
Quoting: Boodin
Pinto's bridge deal will likely be smaller 1 year deal between 1.5-2 mil in order to fit a full roster, that being said, probably another prospect (lassi or someone else) sent with joseph for maybe a lower draft pick.

I don’t think so, mainly because Pierre Dorian has preferred to empth the pick cupboards rather than trade prospects.

DeBrincat and Chycheun trades being the example.
sensonfire a aimé ceci.
14 août 2023 à 14 h 16
Hii
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 570
Quoting: Echlz
Or

I think what happens is that Andlauer keeps Dorian and smith to start the season. WITH STEVE STAIOS COMING IN AS AN ASSITANT GM. With others coming in potentially later once he has surnveyes the landscape. That will help ease the transition.
sensonfire et Echlz a aimé ceci.
14 août 2023 à 17 h 3
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 10,609
God... I hope he does clean house. This team needs it BAD! No more squandering this good (possibly great) roster with poor management and coaching.
sensonfire et Xspyrit a aimé ceci.
14 août 2023 à 21 h 56
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 433
Quoting: Garak
God... I hope he does clean house. This team needs it BAD! No more squandering this good (possibly great) roster with poor management and coaching.

You mean the management and coaching staff that assembled and developed the young talent? Giroux has his mst productive season, goal wise, at age 35 under DJ. Was he playing with scrubs all those years in Philly? You could argue that "Well, Stützle/Batherson/Norris/etc would have developed without DJ and co". Are you sure? There are plenty of examples around the league of high end prospects that didn't turn out because their development was rushed and mishandled.

DJ is a mid coach. Let's not pretend he's bottom barrel. Dorion is a mid GM with a very good record drafting, and bad at pro scouting. Let's not pretend everything he touched turned to crap.

Might be an unpopular take, but I don't think GMPD will be fired at the end of this year. The hockey ops dept is too thin, and if Andluer was planning on letting him go, I don't think he would have allowed Trent Mann to be fired, considering how well respected he was around here. If Staios comes in as GM, I can see Dorion being promoted to POHO.

I don't really care who's the GM. What I hope happens is that they hire more scouts , more analytics folk, more of everything. Get more relevant and accurate information in the hands of the decision makers.
sensonfire a aimé ceci.
15 août 2023 à 9 h 7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 10,609
Quoting: AnonymousSensFan
You mean the management and coaching staff that assembled and developed the young talent? Giroux has his mst productive season, goal wise, at age 35 under DJ. Was he playing with scrubs all those years in Philly? You could argue that "Well, Stützle/Batherson/Norris/etc would have developed without DJ and co". Are you sure? There are plenty of examples around the league of high end prospects that didn't turn out because their development was rushed and mishandled.

DJ is a mid coach. Let's not pretend he's bottom barrel. Dorion is a mid GM with a very good record drafting, and bad at pro scouting. Let's not pretend everything he touched turned to crap.

Might be an unpopular take, but I don't think GMPD will be fired at the end of this year. The hockey ops dept is too thin, and if Andluer was planning on letting him go, I don't think he would have allowed Trent Mann to be fired, considering how well respected he was around here. If Staios comes in as GM, I can see Dorion being promoted to POHO.

I don't really care who's the GM. What I hope happens is that they hire more scouts , more analytics folk, more of everything. Get more relevant and accurate information in the hands of the decision makers.

I think I chose my words carefully enough. "Poor", "mid", whatever you want to call them, this roster could do a lot more damage if managed properly. Also, I don't think Dorion's drafting is all that great. Most of their big hit picks were no brainers that anyone with a computer could've identified and targeted. Most of his trades have been bad and/or underwhelming or addressed positions that didn't need to be. DJ's inability to make meaningful changes to his on ice schemes and player combinations and utilize his players effectively and efficiently.

So, "bottom of the barrel", no. But, could/should they do better? Absolutely. I think Andlauer see's an opportunity for OTT to become a powerhouse in the east and grow their market exponentially. If he is smart, he will be making swift and immediate changes to get them to the next level and make them a destination franchise, rather than the stepping stone that they have been for decades.

Not sure why you are being defensive, anyway. I am rooting for OTT. I just think the league as a whole needs to move on from the old school, old guard, middling management, and get proactive in analytics, coaching, the way they treat and interact with their employees (players and front office alike), and become a franchise of the future, just like BUF, NJD, CAR, CHI, etc., are doing. They also have the roster, prospect pipeline, and overall assets, to make it an accelerated but seamless transition, with minimal growing pains.
16 août 2023 à 16 h 41
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,721
Quoting: AnonymousSensFan

Which GM and Coaching staff duo would be considered worse though?

The drafting record was good mainly before Dorion became a GM but since 2016, it hasn't been that great outside of 2020 which ill be one of the best drafts in NHL history (I'm on the record for saying that 2 years ago). Note that KEY person here has been Trent Mann, who was hired by Bryan Murray back in 2011

In the 7 other drafts, maybe only Batherson, Pinto, Sogaard and JBD will end up being good players (ok Tkachuk as a 4th OA too). Not really lucky with Formenton though who might have sabotaged his own career

Agreed with more staff needed though, pro scouting, analytics, etc... will need to revamp the whole amateur scouting department too, like Murray did in 2007

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage