Forums/NHL Trades

(CAR/PHI) - Rizzo, 2025 5th (CAR) for Kase

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

5 nov. 2023 à 8 h 42
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,409
Massimo Rizzo is a likely front runner for Hobey Baker and current leading scorer in NCAA. This could go down as one of the worst trades we have seen years.

I don’t know what Carolina was thinking.
5 nov. 2023 à 10 h 25
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,600
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Massimo Rizzo is a likely front runner for Hobey Baker and current leading scorer in NCAA. This could go down as one of the worst trades we have seen years.

I don’t know what Carolina was thinking.

tbf Kase is playong really well too rn, has 21 points in 16 games in the Czech pro league.

But this deal was Waddell doing Briere a favor, for buying out TDA, so Carolina could sign him cheaper.

They probably agreed to it, before TDA was bought out, and Waddel held up his end of the deal.
A_Habs_fan et dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
3 févr. à 14 h 45
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,409
Who is the one guy that voted for CAR?
4 févr. à 8 h 23
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Who is the one guy that voted for CAR?

I didn't vote for Carolina, but I figured it was ok for them if it was past considerations for DeAngelo. However, now that they're not using DeAngelo, I've changed my mind. He's played 20 games, but it seems like they didn't even give him a chance to do that he did for them before. He was successful there before when he was paired with Slavin 5-on-5, so I would have tried putting them back together and pairing Burns with Orlov. Chatfield deserves to play too though. It seems that they got DeAngelo only as insurance in case Burns gets injured, but Burns hasn't missed a game in 10 years.

I remember reading a story in June that they had a trade worked out for DeAngelo but the league nixed it because it involved Philadelphia retaining half his salary, which apparently you can't do if you're trading a player back to the team that traded him to you. Maybe these were the other pieces in that trade and they decided to complete it using a buyout to work around the retained salary rule. I don't think it's a coincidence that the amount DeAngelo signed for was equal to what he lost in the buyout.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage