Forums/Armchair-GM

Options and No More Tanking

Créé par: Billy739
Équipe: 2023-24 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 17 juill. 2023
Publié: 17 juill. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
We make Questionable calls with our picks i'd consider Gamble's just cause they got size.
Slafkovsky and Reinbacher will be great for us but as would Nemec and Michkov or Reinbacher.
Nothing against Slafkovsky i do actually Really Like Him
But the fact remains he's barely worthy of top 15 or top 20 status in this years draft.
Context for me comes back to he's the same gamble Caufield was but we paid a way steeper price .

Again what it comes down to is we dont choose to trade down and leave better talent on the table.
I think it leaves fans a little bitter as Reilly and Tkachuk are still both haunting us from our last top 3 picks.
Thats why im over tanking cause we end up with Project Players anyways
So what if we get a top 15 pick instead of top 5 ?? We'll end up with the same type of talent.

Why not gamble on it anyways?
It not good for Player Development IMO
You dont want to employ a losing spirit like ARZ does
You want to make sure if you're going on a playoff run its Youth Lead so its worth it

Maybe you disagree but to me from atleast a contract and development POV
You got to season that youth now if you want to be a deep and serious contender not in cap hell.

FFS some people are beyond help
Its sad when you have to change a System just to accommodate Ignorance.
But that seems to be the bipolar PIT fanbase.
Transactions
MTL
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (FLA)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2025 (FLA)
Détails additionnels:
Conditional 2nd becomes a 1st if FLA makes ECF with Savard playing 50% of the games or more
FLA
  1. Savard, David (1 750 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
Trade Savard now as a Rental with 1 year term at 1.75m so the minutes can go to Barron and Spence. As well as increasing the role Kovacevic plays before he's gets traded next TDL as a pending UFA.

Is it a year early ? sure
But why not ?
MTL
  1. Spence, Jordan
Détails additionnels:
Pretty good Swap that fills out both teams

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Roy
Harris-Clarke
Bjornfot
LAK
  1. Harris, Jordan
Détails additionnels:
MTL gets some good lines too

Matheson-Barron
Guhle-Kovacevic
Xhekaj-Spence
Beaudin
MTL
  1. Granlund, Mikael
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (PIT)
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (PIT)
Détails additionnels:
Granlund gets dumped to MTL to finish out his contract in hopes of turning things around here like Monahan did by being a youth leader and collecting assists.

I figure that alone is worth a 1st. Thats before we look at the cost of Monahan. PIT upgrades on Granlund with Monahan at 1/5th the cap with 4m left to spend this year and 5m next year.
PIT
  1. Monahan, Sean
Détails additionnels:
Assuming he's not injured all year and plays close to as well as he did for us last year i figure he's worth a 1st at just under 1m cap hit.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de PIT
Logo de COL
Logo de PIT
Logo de MTL
Logo de MIN
Logo de FLA
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de SJS
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de WSH
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de FLA
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $74 181 666 $1 170 000 $4 277 500 $9 318 334 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 8
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 7
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 4
3 362 500 $3 362 500 $
C, AD
RFA - 3
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 2
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
812 500 $812 500 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance275 000 $$275K)
DD
RFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 2
766 667 $766 667 $
DD
UFA - 2
1 925 000 $1 925 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
828 333 $828 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
820 000 $820 000 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
DD
RFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
17 juill. 2023 à 7 h 57
Mr.
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,278
So you want Pittsburgh to pay you to dump granlund and yet you have him stealing top 6 ice time from the youngsters ?! So we had to suffer through a rebuild onnly not to develop the assets we acquired ?!

Oh and harris >> spence

Also, while salf by all means didn't have an impressive rookie season he also didn't have a bad one, he still the best prospect out of the 2022 draft and if you know anyone about hockey and the history of big tall European draft picks they take time to develop unless your name is ovechkin who's a freak of nature even 20 years later
17 juill. 2023 à 8 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Billy739
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,629
Modifié 17 juill. 2023 à 8 h 8
Quoting: SMH
So you want Pittsburgh to pay you to dump granlund and yet you have him stealing top 6 ice time from the youngsters ?! So we had to suffer through a rebuild onnly not to develop the assets we acquired ?!

MTL rolls 4 lines with emphasis on Special teams for minutes
4th line and 1st line have a difference of 3 shifts on average.
They always roll 4 line whether its Martin , Therrien , Julien ,Ducharme, or MSL
This is like Widely known by all with eyes and ears

Edit

What i thought was obvious is Granlunds there for Faceoff Support
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2023 à 8 h 4
Mr.
Quoting: Billy739
MTL rolls 4 lines with emphasis on Special teams for minutes
4th line and 1st line have a difference of 3 shifts on average.
They always roll 4 line whether its Martin , Therrien , Julien ,Ducharme, or MSL
This is like Widely known by all with eyes and ears

Habs potentially have 2 full lines fighting for an NHL spot
And 4-5 defenseman fighting for a spot yet somehow you managed to make both of our defense and offence worse while not developing even one kid from the farm system
17 juill. 2023 à 8 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Billy739
Habs potentially have 2 full lines fighting for an NHL spot
And 4-5 defenseman fighting for a spot yet somehow you managed to make both of our defense and offence worse while not developing even one kid from the farm system

Only if you're sitting on your shoulders.
Make a point ill counter it with intellect rather then just taking away from the conversation while adding nothing of value to it.
17 juill. 2023 à 8 h 19
Mr.
Only if you're sitting on your shoulders.
Make a point ill counter it with intellect rather then just taking away from the conversation while adding nothing of value to it.

I'm not surprised this is your reaction... you just realized i proved your moves are pointless
17 juill. 2023 à 8 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Billy739
I'm not surprised this is your reaction... you just realized i proved your moves are pointless

No you said nothing really just rambled about nothing specific
im still waiting for a Point to be made so i can counter it.
If you're talking about your Generalized Ignorance i can address that if you wish
But id rather you just make a specific point but i digress

Generalized complaint 1
-Defensive Timeline

Mathesons Signing Bonus's are all paid off but 2m in the final year after July 1st 2024. Its likely during the 2024-25 season he's traded.
Guhle is a top dog who has grown steadily and will continue to .
Barron is a great PP player like Petry who's learning to expand his game all around with some growing pains but plays well with Matheson and Guhle.
Xhekaj is a great player with a great shot who in 50 games outscored Roman's goal total while offering the same consistency or better everywhere else .
Kovacevic was an Anchor and my like Edmundston at his age is a depth guy who provides size , reach and boring consistency defensively.
Beaudin is only here cause he/Barron in the AHL combined in 20 games for more PP points then the rest of the team combined for the year. (Lavals PP sucked after Barron left)

Beaudin's there to gain value so we can trade him
Hutson is Clearly coming up after this season IMO hence leaving the space for him to be inserted organically.
It may get tight for a year when Hutson comes in but as it stands minutes add up if you sit down and do the math.

Matheson 20-24
Guhle 20-22
Barron at 18-22
Kovacevic 18-20
Spence 16-18
Xhekaj 16-18

They receive Ice Time boosts based on their special teams importance. 16-18 for Spence may seem lite but for a rookie thats quite well.
He'll clearly push Kovacevic out in time as needed. There's really no reason to complain with the D we have to call up in our AHL system

Generalized complaint 2
-Fowards

As far as Forwards We got no one fighting for a spot im concerned about
They're Waiver Exempt almost entirely for those who you might deem "need " minutes
With Hoffman, Pitlick and Monahan gone after this year , Then Dvorak, Evans,Armia , Granlund after next year
Where's this lack of minutes you keep belly aching about but wont specify?

You live to Generalize and when people try to get you to make a specific point you try to divert their attention by Generalizing more lol
I stick to the points in context which is why im still waiting for you to make one thats valid
Although "im not surprised this is your reaction"
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2023 à 8 h 54
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,515
you might say you are done with tanking, but this team is gonna tank hard.
17 juill. 2023 à 8 h 56
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,562
I would accept that offer as the Los Angeles GM.
17 juill. 2023 à 12 h 7
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 108
Your planned usage of Granlund proves he's not a cap dump, so Pittsburgh wouldn't pay that much to get rid of him.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Billy739
Quoting: jbc149
Your planned usage of Granlund proves he's not a cap dump, so Pittsburgh wouldn't pay that much to get rid of him.

or proves you cant read?
I cant put him on 4th to make those with less knowledge more comofortable.
But MTL rolls 4 lines and there's like 2-3 shifts difference tops

But whatever lets change the entire system cause you're too lazy to read, right ?
Done , i accommodated your ignorance
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 16
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,562
Quoting: jbc149

The value of a player varies from team to team. For example, the value of a 6/7 defenseman is far different to a team which has only 4 defenders as opposed to a team that has 8 of them on the roster. The fact that a bad team like Montreal may use a player in a higher capacity than Pittsburgh establishes only his value to Montreal; Granlund is of little use to Pittsburgh and whatever worth that use is to the Penguins is far outweighed by Pittsburgh's need to get rid of his cap hit. To put it another way, to Pittsburgh Granlund's chief significance is that his departure is worth more than his presence; to Montreal, they'd rather have Granlund than a rookie. It's the Penguins that by far have the greatest motivation to consummate this transfer, and thus would be the team more likely to overpay.
Billy739 a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2023 à 16 h 24
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 108
or proves you cant read?
I cant put him on 4th to make those with less knowledge more comofortable.
But MTL rolls 4 lines and there's like 2-3 shifts difference tops

But whatever lets change the entire system cause you're too lazy to read, right ?
Done , i accommodated your ignorance

Quoting: OldNYIfan
The value of a player varies from team to team. For example, the value of a 6/7 defenseman is far different to a team which has only 4 defenders as opposed to a team that has 8 of them on the roster. The fact that a bad team like Montreal may use a player in a higher capacity than Pittsburgh establishes only his value to Montreal; Granlund is of little use to Pittsburgh and whatever worth that use is to the Penguins is far outweighed by Pittsburgh's need to get rid of his cap hit. To put it another way, to Pittsburgh Granlund's chief significance is that his departure is worth more than his presence; to Montreal, they'd rather have Granlund than a rookie. It's the Penguins that by far have the greatest motivation to consummate this transfer, and thus would be the team more likely to overpay.

I did read the description. Part of being a good GM (or just a good salesperson in general) is knowing the value or your player (product) to someone else... Granlund's value to the Pens is the reason they want to trade him. His value to another team is what set's the trade value. If another team really wants him, then the price goes up for him (this is what the Pen's hope for). Obviously, his value to other teams isn't that high, so they won't pay much for him, but that doesn't mean that the Pen's have to OVERPAY to get rid of him. There are other ways to get move a player from your team. They could buy him out, send him down, (give him an allergy to his equipment), etc. Because of the options, that reduces the ability for another team to demand for overpayment to take a player.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage