Forums/Armchair-GM

EK to PIT Route

Créé par: SpankyGeezus
Équipe: 2023-24 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 6 juill. 2023
Publié: 6 juill. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I'll start by saying that I don't think the Pens have the best assets nor should they prioritize trading for EK. However, the Sharks have limited suitors and EK and his camp have put pressure on them for a trade to happen this summer. If Dubas could capitalize on this scenario and get EK at a discount, then it's an option the Pens might consider. Of course the Sharks don't have to trade EK, but if they don't they run the risk of him going out and putting up 55 points and cutting his value in half as well.

A lot of people have one of POJ/Smith going back in a deal for EK. With the depth of prospects SJ has at LD, I don't see them being particularly keen on either of these players.

If DET agrees to a mutual termination with Zadina, I see PIT as a top destination for him given their lack of young skill in the top 9. The idea of him playing with Geno on the 2nd line will be enticing for him to get his career back on track.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1900 000 $
1825 000 $
1950 000 $
1800 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Zadina, Filip
11 000 000 $
Transactions
PIT
  1. Karlsson, Erik (4 600 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
Sharks retain 4,600,000 (40%) which is the most I realistically see them retaining in an EK deal.
SJS
  1. Blomqvist, Joel
  2. Poulin, Samuel
  3. Rutta, Jan
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (PIT)
  5. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (PIT)
Détails additionnels:
Sharks have been vocal that they want better G prospects, they acquire one here in Blomqvist that would immediately be their best prospect in net.

2024 1st is top 10 protected.

Rutta is a decent enough RHD that can fill a spot on the blueline once EK leaves. He'll likely be flipped by SJS at a later date for more assets.

Poulin is a solid B prospect that could use minutes in a new home.
PIT
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2025 (CHI)
CHI
  1. Joseph, Pierre-Olivier
  2. Petry, Jeff
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2025 (PIT)
Détails additionnels:
Petry has a 15 team NTC and has professed a desire to play close to his family in Michigan. I assume those 15 teams consist of the 7 Canadian teams, the 3 Cali teams, ARZ, VGK, and SEA and then the two others can be debated.

I think CHI is a fit due to it's proximity to Michigan and them only having 4 signed NHL defensemen. Yes, 3 of those 4 all play RD like Petry, but I don't see forcing one of these guys to play LD as a reason why CHI would decline at the right price.

One of POJ/Smith would be enticing for the Hawks and fit well on their left side as a young LHD with potential.
PIT
  1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2024 (ANA)
ANA
  1. DeSmith, Casey
Détails additionnels:
Assuming ANA trades Gibby, they'll need a veteran to play running mate with Dostal.

Moving Desmith doesn't necessarily have to be to ANA, but someone will pay a 5th or 6th for him.
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de ANA
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de NYR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de CHI
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $80 016 842 $0 $0 $3 483 158 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
Zadina, Filip
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
C
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
5 375 000 $5 375 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
775 000 $775 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $
AG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
6 juill. 2023 à 14 h 26
sharcuda22
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 567
NHL insiders have consistently said that if the sharks get it down to a 4x8 then they think a deal will happen. Retaining that much (close to half) is not something mike Grier has expressed interest in. I also think that Tyler Myers is who the sharks will fill the vacant RD spot with and then Gawanke will probably get a shot in the NHL too. Personally I think the penguins are out and the canes, but allegedly there are 3 metro teams and a surprise team still in the mix
6 juill. 2023 à 14 h 36
sharks88
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 178
Quoting: sharcuda22
NHL insiders have consistently said that if the sharks get it down to a 4x8 then they think a deal will happen. Retaining that much (close to half) is not something mike Grier has expressed interest in. I also think that Tyler Myers is who the sharks will fill the vacant RD spot with and then Gawanke will probably get a shot in the NHL too. Personally I think the penguins are out and the canes, but allegedly there are 3 metro teams and a surprise team still in the mix

I wouldn't really call 30% close to half. MG (and owners) should be willing to do 30% and even up to 35-40% otherwise it's just a wasted trade.
SpankyGeezus a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2023 à 14 h 42
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 10,880
Hawks decline. Petry isn't a need for the Hawks, and GM Kyle from Chicago essentially said yesterday they aren't taking on more contracts. And this package doesn't get the deal done anyway. Neither POJ or Smith would be targets for the Hawks. They'd ask for the '26 2nd in place of POJ or Smith for sure if there was a trade to be made.
6 juill. 2023 à 14 h 47
pens1991
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,099

Regardless of what team Karlsson ends up on I don't think the sharks can move him unless they retain at least $4M. He'd obviously only waive to go to a team that's going to compete for a playoff spot and I don't think any of those options could take on a cap hit over $8M (or would want to). Also, regardless of the team that trades for him, they're most likely going to be sending another defenseman back. Whether SJS plays that person or in turn flips them is obviously up in the air.

Idk who the metro teams could be besides the penguins/canes

Isles have Pulock/Dobson/Mayfield on right side, Dobson is young and no one would want that mayfield contract (mayfield and Pulock have NTCs).
Jersey is possible.. i think they're still focused on getting a goalie, but adding Karlsson doesn't make a ton of sense there because Marion would likely go to SJS and he's one of their better defensive defenseman.
Rangers are definitely out, Fox and Trouba on the right.
He wouldn't waive for the flyers.
CJB could maybe be it.. but they would need to move cap, and I could see Karlsson saying no because who wants to play for Babcock.
Maybe caps, but they'd have to also offload a lot of cap and Jensen would be coming back to make space for Karlsson.

I'd be the surprise team is still seattle, specially if they're worried about Dunn.

Regardless, if it's a metro team you're most likely getting a defenseman back.

I honestly don't really care to have him for the pens unless everything falls just right, I would want 50% retained between SJS and a third team and the penguins need to move cap themselves.
6 juill. 2023 à 15 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 14

I guess we'll see what the retention looks like. In this scenario, Pittsburgh can only acquire EK a few certain ways. I think the Sharks will be hard-pressed to get a return they like without retaining a decent amount. 4x8 isn't terrible though, just only works for a few select teams.
6 juill. 2023 à 15 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Hawksguy81
Hawks decline. Petry isn't a need for the Hawks, and GM Kyle from Chicago essentially said yesterday they aren't taking on more contracts. And this package doesn't get the deal done anyway. Neither POJ or Smith would be targets for the Hawks. They'd ask for the '26 2nd in place of POJ or Smith for sure if there was a trade to be made.

I agree Petry isn't a "need" for the Hawks, but were Foligno and Perry really needs either? Also, I think you're wrong and the Hawks would welcome an early twenties LHD. POJ or Smith would immediately be the best LHD on the Hawks roster and wouldn't be taking a spot from anyone in the immediate future (i.e. Korchinski). A 2nd and a promising young NHL d-man is more than enough to take on two years of Petry (especially when the Hawks could flip him in 2024-2025 to a contender for assets).
6 juill. 2023 à 15 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: pens1991
Regardless of what team Karlsson ends up on I don't think the sharks can move him unless they retain at least $4M. He'd obviously only waive to go to a team that's going to compete for a playoff spot and I don't think any of those options could take on a cap hit over $8M (or would want to). Also, regardless of the team that trades for him, they're most likely going to be sending another defenseman back. Whether SJS plays that person or in turn flips them is obviously up in the air.

Isles have Pulock/Dobson/Mayfield on right side, Dobson is young and no one would want that mayfield contract (mayfield and Pulock have NTCs).
Jersey is possible.. i think they're still focused on getting a goalie, but adding Karlsson doesn't make a ton of sense there because Marion would likely go to SJS and he's one of their better defensive defenseman.
CJB could maybe be it.. but they would need to move cap, and I could see Karlsson saying no because who wants to play for Babcock.
Maybe caps, but they'd have to also offload a lot of cap and Jensen would be coming back to make space for Karlsson.

I'd be the surprise team is still seattle, specially if they're worried about Dunn.

I honestly don't really care to have him for the pens unless everything falls just right, I would want 50% retained between SJS and a third team and the penguins need to move cap themselves.

Agreed. I'm also not necessarily fond of acquiring Karlsson but if we did this is how I'd want it to look. I don't see the Sharks retaining 50% and I'm not sure we have the assets in the organization to entice them to do so. Nonetheless, he technically fits our window and as long as we don't move Yager or Pickering to make it happen I can live with that.
6 juill. 2023 à 15 h 25
pens1991
Quoting: SpankyGeezus
Agreed. I'm also not necessarily fond of acquiring Karlsson but if we did this is how I'd want it to look. I don't see the Sharks retaining 50% and I'm not sure we have the assets in the organization to entice them to do so. Nonetheless, he technically fits our window and as long as we don't move Yager or Pickering to make it happen I can live with that.

I'd personally rather see the penguins move Rutta/DeSmith/Granlund and spend assets to improve the third line.
6 juill. 2023 à 15 h 27
train, train
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 735
This return, while I personally wouldn't do it as Sharks GM, is realistic for what to expect from Grier. However, that's too much retention. I see 33% retention max out of Grier.

Sharks accept if it's about 3.5mil retained instead of 4.6mil. Or send a 2nd rounder to a 3rd party team for them to retain 1-1.5mil or so.
6 juill. 2023 à 15 h 29
Démarrer sujet
I'd personally rather see the penguins move Rutta/DeSmith/Granlund and spend assets to improve the third line.

Desmith for sure. I think Rutta had a tough year with injuries but I'm rather indifferent on him. If we buyout Granlund or move him without paying assets then I'm okay with it. If it's going to cost us a 2nd+ to move Granlund I'd rather play him and hope he rebounds (which I think he can).

Honestly, I'd rather the Pens go out and spend the assets for Hanifin instead of EK. In addition, I'd take whatever we can get for Pettersson and move on lol.
6 juill. 2023 à 15 h 31
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 10,880
Quoting: SpankyGeezus
I agree Petry isn't a "need" for the Hawks, but were Foligno and Perry really needs either? Also, I think you're wrong and the Hawks would welcome an early twenties LHD. POJ or Smith would immediately be the best LHD on the Hawks roster and wouldn't be taking a spot from anyone in the immediate future (i.e. Korchinski). A 2nd and a promising young NHL d-man is more than enough to take on two years of Petry (especially when the Hawks could flip him in 2024-2025 to a contender for assets).

Hawks have Vlasic, Phillips, Kaiser and Roos, all LD age 24 or less, who will be battling for a roster spot this season. With Allen, DelMastro and Korchinski all in the que as well. Believe me, they aren't looking to add another early 20's LD to the mix. Foligno and Perry were "needs" in that they are both on one year deals that got Hawks above the cap floor, and provide leadership and grit.
6 juill. 2023 à 15 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: CheechYou
This return, while I personally wouldn't do it as Sharks GM, is realistic for what to expect from Grier. However, that's too much retention. I see 33% retention max out of Grier.

Sharks accept if it's about 3.5mil retained instead of 4.6mil. Or send a 2nd rounder to a 3rd party team for them to retain 1-1.5mil or so.

If a third team is involved to retain 1-1.5m and the Sharks are only retaining 3.5, the return from PIT will be less. Same deal as above, remove the third going to SJ and send it to the third party team and there you go. I agree that Grier is strapped and only can do so much given the situation. I think it's more likely we see Karlsson in a Sharks jersey next season than traded for a massive return. It'll be a decent package but not a runaway for SJS.
6 juill. 2023 à 17 h 3
sharcuda22

Tbh it just sounds like youre lower on Karlsson than what the insiders are communicating the teams are. im not sure there is a contender in the league that could afford or would want to pay mike Griers price for anything over the retention thats the bare minimum of whats needed to move him out. I also think the sharks have a bit more power in the trade than most people think. Even though Karlsson has a NMC hes been open an talking to teams about where he wants to go so there is a bit of a bidding war, and the sharks are willing to give time for people to make their cap work. And the sharks dont have to trade him (which I dont like for the player or the org) but I think the notion the sharks have to retain close to 4 mil is far fetched
6 juill. 2023 à 17 h 5
sharcuda22
Quoting: sharksdoee
I wouldn't really call 30% close to half. MG (and owners) should be willing to do 30% and even up to 35-40% otherwise it's just a wasted trade.

sorry I was referencing the retention in the ACGM not the 3.5 mil, it sounds like the 3.5 mil is about where the sharks are at
sharksdoee a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2023 à 17 h 14
pens1991
Tbh it just sounds like youre lower on Karlsson than what the insiders are communicating the teams are. im not sure there is a contender in the league that could afford or would want to pay mike Griers price for anything over the retention thats the bare minimum of whats needed to move him out. I also think the sharks have a bit more power in the trade than most people think. Even though Karlsson has a NMC hes been open an talking to teams about where he wants to go so there is a bit of a bidding war, and the sharks are willing to give time for people to make their cap work. And the sharks dont have to trade him (which I dont like for the player or the org) but I think the notion the sharks have to retain close to 4 mil is far fetched

High on the player, Karlsson's impact obviously speaks for itself. Low on the penguins getting him. I think they could build a better team by focusing on retooling the bottom six. If they make some deal for Karlsson they're not going to have cap space to tinker with that 3rd line that needs help. (unless you had some ungodly deal where SJ kept $4M and then a third team Kept an additional $3M, which obviously isn't going to happen lol). The penguins would be smart to do it form a business standpoint, you're going to generate even more revenue if you can tell fans "Hey we have Sid, Geno and Letang but we also just add the 3 time Norris winner Erik Karlsson..."

I'd disagree a bit on the sharks having more power. Karlsson's age, contract and NMC kind of screw the sharks a bit. No one in the league wants that contract on a 33 year old, and the teams that may be willing to take the full hit or closer to it are most likely teams he wouldn't waive for. So at the end of the day, the sharks could keep him but that's fine but it's another gamble for them. if he plays this year and has a significantly worse year, or gets hurt his trade value next summer significantly drops. If he continues to demand a trade and the relationship gets more rocky the sharks could be stuck with an $11.5M cap hit that's taking up spots for younger developing players because they didn't take a deal to move on from him.

It's definitely an extremely complex situation regardless of where he goes (if he goes) because again i'd bet majority of the team interested don't want him for a penny more than $8M aav at most.
6 juill. 2023 à 17 h 21
sharcuda22
High on the player, Karlsson's impact obviously speaks for itself. Low on the penguins getting him. I think they could build a better team by focusing on retooling the bottom six. If they make some deal for Karlsson they're not going to have cap space to tinker with that 3rd line that needs help. (unless you had some ungodly deal where SJ kept $4M and then a third team Kept an additional $3M, which obviously isn't going to happen lol). The penguins would be smart to do it form a business standpoint, you're going to generate even more revenue if you can tell fans "Hey we have Sid, Geno and Letang but we also just add the 3 time Norris winner Erik Karlsson..."

I'd disagree a bit on the sharks having more power. Karlsson's age, contract and NMC kind of screw the sharks a bit. No one in the league wants that contract on a 33 year old, and the teams that may be willing to take the full hit or closer to it are most likely teams he wouldn't waive for. So at the end of the day, the sharks could keep him but that's fine but it's another gamble for them. if he plays this year and has a significantly worse year, or gets hurt his trade value next summer significantly drops. If he continues to demand a trade and the relationship gets more rocky the sharks could be stuck with an $11.5M cap hit that's taking up spots for younger developing players because they didn't take a deal to move on from him.

It's definitely an extremely complex situation regardless of where he goes (if he goes) because again i'd bet majority of the team interested don't want him for a penny more than $8M aav at most.

AH I see but I think if Karlsson were a free agent (in not this bizarre free agency) class he could command a 4x8. In this particular case I get that he has an NMC but it doesn't sound like that is having an impact on the trade so far other than only contenders are in for him

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage