Forums/Armchair-GM

cup contender

Créé par: fil97
Équipe: 2023-24 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 19 mai 2023
Publié: 19 mai 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I would start the season like this and have 2.5 mil to play with for a 2nd line RW or a 3rd pairing D depending on how the team goes. (some trade with retention)

also in training camp imo poulin is going to push hard for that 2nd line winger/3C position taking Nylander spot.
that would the team much better imo:

Jake--sid--rak
erod--geno--bertuzzi
zuck--poulin--rust
drew--Ryan--zar

is this team a contender?

imho we would have a decent chance. not favourites by any means but if we get seasons from Sid and geno like last one we could make a deep run.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1900 000 $
1900 000 $
1900 000 $
1900 000 $
1900 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
54 000 000 $
54 500 000 $
76 000 000 $
32 500 000 $
1800 000 $
Transactions
BOS
  1. Glover, Ty
  2. Pickering, Owen
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (NJD)
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (PIT)
PIT
CBJ
  1. Gruden, Jonathan
  2. Rutta, Jan
  3. Choix de 5e ronde en 2023 (PIT)
  4. Choix de 7e ronde en 2023 (FLA)
PIT
  1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2024 (ARI)
ARI
  1. Broz, Tristan [Liste de réserve]
  2. Granlund, Mikael
  3. Choix de 6e ronde en 2023 (PIT)
  4. Choix de 7e ronde en 2023 (TOR)
Détails additionnels:
it is a bit of an overpayment only to get rid of granlund, might just buy him out which is only 800k so this isn't important at all
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de VGK
Logo de PIT
Logo de ARI
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $75 635 592 $0 $0 $7 864 408 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 4
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
900 000 $900 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Bruins de Boston
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
G
UFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
863 333 $863 333 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
C, AG
RFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AD, AG
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
19 mai 2023 à 10 h 14
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 8,867
Boston accepts. You could drop the 3rd and Glover and B’s still accept. Does Ullmark, that’s the bigger question.
19 mai 2023 à 10 h 24
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,897
Gavrikov will want closer to 6 million. Also can’t see the jackets helping the pens shed cap
19 mai 2023 à 10 h 27
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,019
Poulin has been an average AHLer and just missed nearly a full season with mental health issues. I don't think he's pushing for anything at the NHL level yet - and certainly not 3C or 2W. I think the lineup in your ACGM is better than the one in your description.

I would consider this a very good team that would definitely be competitive. I think you overpaid for Ullmark by a decent amount though
fil97 a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 11 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 278
Quoting: Gofnut999
Boston accepts. You could drop the 3rd and Glover and B’s still accept. Does Ullmark, that’s the bigger question.

yes he'd be ecstatic.
19 mai 2023 à 11 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: JSEB93
Poulin has been an average AHLer and just missed nearly a full season with mental health issues. I don't think he's pushing for anything at the NHL level yet - and certainly not 3C or 2W. I think the lineup in your ACGM is better than the one in your description.

I would consider this a very good team that would definitely be competitive. I think you overpaid for Ullmark by a decent amount though

i see your point, and I somewhat agree. however I still see lots of potential in him. last year he started the season horribly in the ahl trying to adjust to professional hockey, got scratched a couple of times but after that had a great second half of the season and very productive. this year was unfortunate for the mental health situation but if he got that in order I still believe he can pick up from his play in the ahl playoffs from last year.

yes I overpaid so people wouldn't bother criticising the trade and talk about the pens.
JSEB93 a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 11 h 31
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,019
Quoting: fil97
i see your point, and I somewhat agree. however I still see lots of potential in him. last year he started the season horribly in the ahl trying to adjust to professional hockey, got scratched a couple of times but after that had a great second half of the season and very productive. this year was unfortunate for the mental health situation but if he got that in order I still believe he can pick up from his play in the ahl playoffs from last year.

yes I overpaid so people wouldn't bother criticising the trade and talk about the pens.

For sure - I'm not saying give up on him. He's only 22 - it took Guenztel until he was 22 to have his breakout AHL season. I just think, especially with his off the ice problems too, he needs some time in the AHL 100% this season, If he dominates then you can promote him.

Fai r enough - and yet I went and criticized it haha. My bad lol. Better to overpay than underpay on here though so i get the strategy there
fil97 a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 11 h 44
yes he'd be ecstatic.

Based on what…other than you being a Pens fan. 🙄

Take the heart off your sleeve and look at with perspective. 🤷🏻‍♂️
19 mai 2023 à 11 h 46
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 165
Bruins would say yes, I think Ullmark could probably be had for less then that.
fil97 a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 11 h 47
Mentions "j'aime": 373
Skeptical that’s a contender.
19 mai 2023 à 11 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: HulkVader
Skeptical that’s a contender.

why do you say this?
19 mai 2023 à 11 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Based on what…other than you being a Pens fan. 🙄

Take the heart off your sleeve and look at with perspective. 🤷🏻‍♂️

is there any other place he would rather go? don't see many other places as compelling as pit. staying in Boston is not an option considering they have to pay swayman. plus never heard of a player that would mind playing for a contender and with two of the greatest players in the history of the game. but than again I am bias but really don't see why he would say no.
19 mai 2023 à 12 h 4
is there any other place he would rather go? don't see many other places as compelling as pit. staying in Boston is not an option considering they have to pay swayman. plus never heard of a player that would mind playing for a contender and with two of the greatest players in the history of the game. but than again I am bias but really don't see why he would say no.

Plenty of options. And if that’s his motivation Edm with McJesus and Drai is much better option and they are looking for a 1. 🤷🏻‍♂️. But he’s not making a fan boy decision.

Pitts is a lateral move at best. An aging, mediocre team, playing in the toughest division.

He has a 16 team NTC. There won’t be 16 teams that are looking for a goalie or 16 that could afford the cap hit.

Pretty easy to make his list and there will be no way to trade him unless he is willing.

By his own admission being in and playing for Boston is the happiest he has been as a pro. He would have to give that up, uproot his life and family, give up his bromance with Sway…for what. Nothing.

As far as Sway goes a 1 year bridge deal makes it pretty easy to afford both for another year and then they can revist next year. He has very little leverage other than OS. Doubt that happens. If he truly wants to play hardball with this contract, it would be far more likely they trade Swayman than Ully, simply because it would be much easier too.
19 mai 2023 à 12 h 4
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 47

I think he would if it was after we made some of these signings but problem is you guys will probably have dealt him elsewhere by then. \

I deffently would not waive my NTC to go Pittsburgh until we start making a few moves
19 mai 2023 à 12 h 12
Quoting: js64js64
I think he would if it was after we made some of these signings but problem is you guys will probably have dealt him elsewhere by then. \

I deffently would not waive my NTC to go Pittsburgh until we start making a few moves

The reality that fans tend to forget. His happiness. He’s happy here. And that has been an issue for him in the past.

He’s not getting paid more, a big tax advantage, better weather, or a better chance at a contender.

There is simply no reason for him too. 🤷🏻‍♂️
19 mai 2023 à 12 h 23
The reality that fans tend to forget. His happiness. He’s happy here. And that has been an issue for him in the past.

He’s not getting paid more, a big tax advantage, better weather, or a better chance at a contender.

There is simply no reason for him too. 🤷🏻‍♂️

If a team comes to you and says "we want to move you" and you say no your probably not gonna be happy because rather conscious or sub conscious your gonna feel unwanted.

Since most you guys seem to want to trade him instead of Sway, I would say Pittsburgh after we makes these moves would not be something he would say no tool.

But like I said, if you asked him right now he'd say piss on a rope and you guys probably trade him elsewhere before FA starts. \

If I were him and I wanted to stay, I would state publicly that I am not waiving before management talks to me just so that I never know the truth of if they wanted to trade me.
19 mai 2023 à 12 h 29
Quoting: js64js64
If a team comes to you and says "we want to move you" and you say no your probably not gonna be happy because rather conscious or sub conscious your gonna feel unwanted.

Since most you guys seem to want to trade him instead of Sway, I would say Pittsburgh after we makes these moves would not be something he would say no tool.

But like I said, if you asked him right now he'd say piss on a rope and you guys probably trade him elsewhere before FA starts. \

If I were him and I wanted to stay, I would state publicly that I am not waiving before management talks to me just so that I never know the truth of if they wanted to trade me.

Boston has no desire to move him or Sway. Cap may dictate otherwise. 🤷🏻‍♂️

That sizeable and loud portion of the Boston fan base, the meathead, has been giving him their full Rask treatment. He’s hearing it. That alone might be enough for him to say 🤬 it, trade me.
19 mai 2023 à 12 h 34
Boston has no desire to move him or Sway. Cap may dictate otherwise. 🤷🏻‍♂️

That sizeable and loud portion of the Boston fan base, the meathead, has been giving him their full Rask treatment. He’s hearing it. That alone might be enough for him to say 🤬 it, trade me.

Very true,

and I know you want to keep both in a perfect world but even being asked to waive ur NTC in a cap maneuver would hurt. Or at least to me it would.

If I were him I would be wanting to be traded but not to us unless we make moves first. Maybe a phone call with the new GM before hand if Boston allows it (obviously would) where he can hear the plan and know for a fact we plan on bringing in some guys would lead him to waive.
19 mai 2023 à 12 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Plenty of options. And if that’s his motivation Edm with McJesus and Drai is much better option and they are looking for a 1. 🤷🏻‍♂️. But he’s not making a fan boy decision.

Pitts is a lateral move at best. An aging, mediocre team, playing in the toughest division.

He has a 16 team NTC. There won’t be 16 teams that are looking for a goalie or 16 that could afford the cap hit.

Pretty easy to make his list and there will be no way to trade him unless he is willing.

By his own admission being in and playing for Boston is the happiest he has been as a pro. He would have to give that up, uproot his life and family, give up his bromance with Sway…for what. Nothing.

As far as Sway goes a 1 year bridge deal makes it pretty easy to afford both for another year and then they can revist next year. He has very little leverage other than OS. Doubt that happens. If he truly wants to play hardball with this contract, it would be far more likely they trade Swayman than Ully, simply because it would be much easier too.

well I might be bias but you are being the fanboy now. mediocre team lol. this team didn't make it to the playoffs for 1 stupid loss and would have been in instead of the panthers and look where are they now compared to you. anything can happen in particular if you have Sid and geno. lets not forget the rangers series were we took them to 7 with our third goalie playing. plus we have been good and very unfortunate these past years DESPITE management who has now left. so just because of our gm situation we make a huuuuuge improvement.

second: him having a 16 teams NTC makes it almost impossible pit being one of them. (players have to submit the list before) and no, oilers have to make way more moves to make it work having 5mil of campbell that would need to be moved.

another option is if he says no we offer sheet swayman to a 4mil contract so you either spend 10 mil on both goalies or they won't play together.
or again we just give same package for swayman

or if the gm is as stubborn as you we just get saros for the same.
19 mai 2023 à 13 h 38
Modifié 19 mai 2023 à 13 h 52
well I might be bias but you are being the fanboy now. mediocre team lol. this team didn't make it to the playoffs for 1 stupid loss and would have been in instead of the panthers and look where are they now compared to you. anything can happen in particular if you have Sid and geno. lets not forget the rangers series were we took them to 7 with our third goalie playing. plus we have been good and very unfortunate these past years DESPITE management who has now left. so just because of our gm situation we make a huuuuuge improvement.

second: him having a 16 teams NTC makes it almost impossible pit being one of them. (players have to submit the list before) and no, oilers have to make way more moves to make it work having 5mil of campbell that would need to be moved.

another option is if he says no we offer sheet swayman to a 4mil contract so you either spend 10 mil on both goalies or they won't play together.
or again we just give same package for swayman

or if the gm is as stubborn as you we just get saros for the same.

Lol. I’m not the one with a school girl crush on players

You finished in the very middle of the standings. That is the definition of mediocre.

You and I have no idea who is on his list. He has not even submitted it yet. This coming season will be the first he had too. It is very easy for him to sit and see who has the need and cap and put them on the list and he goes nowhere.

Sway won’t sign that OS. And if he does Boston matches. You’d have to give him one that compensates Bos a 1st and 3rd for them to let him go. And you can’t. 🤷🏻‍♂️
20 mai 2023 à 7 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Lol. I’m not the one with a school girl crush on players

You finished in the very middle of the standings. That is the definition of mediocre.

You and I have no idea who is on his list. He has not even submitted it yet. This coming season will be the first he had too. It is very easy for him to sit and see who has the need and cap and put them on the list and he goes nowhere.

Sway won’t sign that OS. And if he does Boston matches. You’d have to give him one that compensates Bos a 1st and 3rd for them to let him go. And you can’t. 🤷🏻‍♂️

funny how you are so quick to insult and belittle the pens... you mad about something? mad about your one cup in forever?

plus mediocre teams aren't the ones that finish middle of the standings (=florida) but the once that can only play regular season hockey. 🤷🏻‍♂️
20 mai 2023 à 8 h 40
Modifié 20 mai 2023 à 8 h 56
funny how you are so quick to insult and belittle the pens... you mad about something? mad about your one cup in forever?

plus mediocre teams aren't the ones that finish middle of the standings (=florida) but the once that can only play regular season hockey. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m not insulting or belittling them. Funny how quick you are hurt by, and can’t accept, reality. What is your definition of mediocre if not middle? In a 32 team league, teams that just barely make the playoffs and just barely miss the playoffs, 14-20 , are mediocre. Not top 10, not bottom 10, middle = average/mediocre 🤷🏻‍♂️

I expected Boston to be mediocre the last 3 years and i expect they will be next year. This year was a pleasant surprise.

The notion that because you idolize players and a team means every player would die to play for them is such a childish take.

Grow up.

It’s fine to be bias, every fan should be. But don’t lose perspective of reality.
20 mai 2023 à 9 h 29
Démarrer sujet
I’m not insulting or belittling them. Funny how quick you are hurt by, and can’t accept, reality. What is your definition of mediocre if not middle? In a 32 team league, teams that just barely make the playoffs and just barely miss the playoffs, 14-20 , are mediocre. Not top 10, not bottom 10, middle = average/mediocre 🤷🏻‍♂️

I expected Boston to be mediocre the last 3 years and i expect they will be next year. This year was a pleasant surprise.

The notion that because you idolize players and a team means every player would die to play for them is such a childish take.

Grow up.

It’s fine to be bias, every fan should be. But don’t lose perspective of reality.

we will talk next year this time.
20 mai 2023 à 9 h 59
we will talk next year this time.

Well i hope they do something for your sake. They are the oldest team in the league. 75% of the roster is at the point where they have peaked or gone over that peak and are on the downhill side. There is no impactful youth in the system at the FW position. Their window is closing fast. There is certainly enough talent to make a playoff push and run, but their depth is spotty at best and as players age not only does their production dip but their injury rate increases. Sucks to get old 🤷🏻‍♂️. I’m well aware.

They are kind of stuck. They have players they need to move for cap health, but the replacements are not there internally, the players they need to move won’t bring immediate help either.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage