SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Anaheim Ducks

New HC Options

14 avr. 2023 à 11 h 38
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,249
With Dallas officially not getting his contract renewed, what are some names we’d like to see come in?
OldNYIfan et Manson a aimé ceci.
14 avr. 2023 à 11 h 39
Démarrer sujet
@OldNYIfan @Salzy @Lenny7

Tag other some more of the fellas as well
14 avr. 2023 à 11 h 41
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
Few Ducks twitter guys were going on about Mike Sullivan last night...Not sure that's a great idea when it comes to the young guys, but he's definitely got a solid resume.
14 avr. 2023 à 11 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Lenny7
Few Ducks twitter guys were going on about Mike Sullivan last night...Not sure that's a great idea when it comes to the young guys, but he's definitely got a solid resume.

I saw that

I still like Rikard Grönborg
Lenny7, OldNYIfan et Manson a aimé ceci.
14 avr. 2023 à 11 h 47
Lenny7
Quoting: GeneralLandro
I saw that

100%. I'd assume it'll be someone with ties to Verbeek.
14 avr. 2023 à 13 h 16
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,730
I saw that

100%. I'd assume it'll be someone with ties to Verbeek.

I'm a fan of someone outside the NHL who might be good with developing young players, i.e., an NCAA coach.
Lenny7 et Manson a aimé ceci.
14 avr. 2023 à 13 h 49
45 for Norris.
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 329
With Dallas officially not getting his contract renewed, what are some names we’d like to see come in?

Don’t know much about coaches so no thoughts.

@GiggywithGibby
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
14 avr. 2023 à 13 h 52
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 7,024
Quoting: Manson

GiggywithGibby

Man I am as in the dark as you are about HC.

Needs to not be a guy like Tochett or Torterella, there is still development to do, we can't have a hard a$$ come in and beat up on the kids.
GeneralLandro, Manson et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
14 avr. 2023 à 14 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: GiggywithGibby

Needs to not be a guy like Tochett or Torterella, there is still development to do, we can't have a hard a$$ come in and beat up on the kids.

GiggywithGibby

I got another question then!

What type of systems would you like to see our next HC run?

CC: @Lenny7 @OldNYIfan
Manson a aimé ceci.
14 avr. 2023 à 15 h 5
45 for Norris.
I got another question then!

What type of systems would you like to see our next HC run?

CC: Lenny7 OldNYIfan

This isn’t about systems really, but I’d like a tougher coach than Dallas who gets on the players. But not a Torts or Tocchet though as @GiggywithGibby said.

But I’m more of a defensive guy. So I’d like a more conservative approach from the fowards. I also would really like Z to find a way defensively. (That’s why I am super high on Lundy)

I would like to(o) see are D join the rush more though. (Especially White) I really want him to score.
OldNYIfan et GiggywithGibby a aimé ceci.
14 avr. 2023 à 15 h 21
Once a Kings Fan Too

PRECISELY! That's why I incline to an NCAA coach, or similar, but I have no suggestions.

I think it might go some ways towards indicating how successful Pat Verbeek's tenure will be if he picks the right coach (which we'll only know several seasons down the line, if not in hindsight). The way Jared Bednar worked out for the Avalanche is the perfect model for what we need to achieve.
Manson a aimé ceci.
14 avr. 2023 à 23 h 53
Future Ducks legend
Trotz comes to mind as a potential candidate, but I don't know as much about his, or anyone's coaching style, as I would like, but it is said that he knows his players as much as he knows the game, and his style is suffocating defense, which seems to be what Verbeek wants to build long term, a team that makes opposing teams pay for every goal with a pound of flesh.
15 avr. 2023 à 10 h 25
45 for Norris.
Trotz comes to mind as a potential candidate, but I don't know as much about his, or anyone's coaching style, as I would like, but it is said that he knows his players as much as he knows the game, and his style is suffocating defense, which seems to be what Verbeek wants to build long term, a team that makes opposing teams pay for every goal with a pound of flesh.

Isn’t Trotz Nashville’s GM?
15 avr. 2023 à 10 h 28
Future Ducks legend
Isn’t Trotz Nashville’s GM?

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that. He isn't yet, he gets the chair in July.
Manson a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 18 h 50
Future Ducks legend
Modifié 16 avr. 2023 à 20 h 34
Greg Cronin's name has been mentioned as the one of the candidates for the new HC position. Currently head coach of the Avs farm team in the Eagles. Supposedly a good teacher, spent a lot of time with the Islanders organization who like to play old timey hard nosed hockey. Could be a fit. Was mentioned on 32 thoughts today.

Also very entertaining to hear them talk about Verbeek when he was a player. "win or loose, Verbeek got a piece of you, you were leaving with stitches anytime you played him"
Manson et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
25 avr. 2023 à 17 h 37
45 for Norris.

Quoting: OldNYIfan
I'm a fan of someone outside the NHL who might be good with developing young players, i.e., an NCAA coach.

Just quoted random post for you guys instead of tagging you. Did you see Matt Mcllvane was named the Gulls coach?
OldNYIfan et Lenny7 a aimé ceci.
25 avr. 2023 à 17 h 55
Future Ducks legend
Just quoted random post for you guys instead of tagging you. Did you see Matt Mcllvane was named the Gulls coach?

37 years old, coached in Europe for 10 years, won a couple boats in Austria's top league. Never coached the North American game from what I've seen.

Certainly not the kind of guy I expected the organization to bring in, I wonder if that means Verbeek is going to more seriously look at european players this draft?
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
25 avr. 2023 à 17 h 57
Once a Kings Fan Too

Yeah, just read the press release and profile on the AHL website. Interesting that Verbeek is stepping so far outside the box that he went to another continent. I think that this is a good sign.
25 avr. 2023 à 18 h 24
Démarrer sujet
37 years old, coached in Europe for 10 years, won a couple boats in Austria's top league. Never coached the North American game from what I've seen.

Certainly not the kind of guy I expected the organization to bring in, I wonder if that means Verbeek is going to more seriously look at european players this draft?

Quoting: OldNYIfan
Yeah, just read the press release and profile on the AHL website. Interesting that Verbeek is stepping so far outside the box that he went to another continent. I think that this is a good sign.

I love it

I was hopeful for either him or Rikard Grönborg joined us so we’re at 1/2 so far! Doubt we get Rikard for the big leagues HC, more likely a retread now
OldNYIfan et Lenny7 a aimé ceci.
26 avr. 2023 à 9 h 33
Lenny7
I love it

I was hopeful for either him or Rikard Grönborg joined us so we’re at 1/2 so far! Doubt we get Rikard for the big leagues HC, more likely a retread now

Solid 1st step, IMO. I don't have a problem with a re-tread, as long as they have a history of being able to implement at least a basic form of defensive system.
26 avr. 2023 à 9 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Solid 1st step, IMO. I don't have a problem with a re-tread, as long as they have a history of being able to implement at least a basic form of defensive system.

I also think they will have to run a similar type of system to McIlvane
Lenny7 a aimé ceci.
7 mai 2023 à 1 h 59
Future Ducks legend
Its too bad Rob Brind'amour isn't available, with the amount of talent on Defense coming in soon, and the way Verbeek is building this team, this seems like the kind of system we need to run.

in case of failure,
https://youtu.be/k-S6icn-5H4
GeneralLandro a aimé ceci.
9 mai 2023 à 16 h 20
45 for Norris.
What about Mr. Gallant?
10 mai 2023 à 2 h 25
Future Ducks legend
What about Mr. Gallant?

Heard mixed things about him. He has been through an awful lot of teams recently, I don't know if it was his inability to adapt or him not having command of the team with so many big name pieces brought on in the dying months of the season, but that was an embarrassing way to go out on the season.

I'd like to find a coach who has better ability to adapt systems to meet the needs of the match, but that is probably a tall order for a team that just finished last....
5 juin 2023 à 15 h 50
Future Ducks legend
@GeneralLandro can you drop the link to the Presser?

Everyone welcome new HC Cronin!

Greg Cronin's name has been mentioned as the one of the candidates for the new HC position. Currently head coach of the Avs farm team in the Eagles. Supposedly a good teacher, spent a lot of time with the Islanders organization who like to play old timey hard nosed hockey. Could be a fit. Was mentioned on 32 thoughts today.

Also very entertaining to hear them talk about Verbeek when he was a player. "win or loose, Verbeek got a piece of you, you were leaving with stitches anytime you played him"
Manson a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage