Forums/Armchair-GM

Team Additions Without Changing Too Much

Créé par: TheDynastyGM
Équipe: 2022-23 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 17 déc. 2022
Publié: 17 déc. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Locker room morale (especially on a team playing well) is always very important. This adds depth without changing too much. Scott Mayfield is a beast lockdown defenseman that would be a great addition for a justifiable return. Ryan O’Rielly could create the obvious center depth or slot in on left wing for the top 6. The perfect gritty grab for a playoff run and can also help production outside the core 4.

This may be not enough if a return for Ror, but I believe that with Dubas being on thin ice, he will make a huge splash this TD and will pay whatever needs be to secure that. Especially if he has a chance if not being apart of the leafs future.

I can see this roster having a better chance to make a run. Essentially only losing Kerfoot off the immediate roster and locker room.
Transactions
TOR
  1. O'Reilly, Ryan (3 750 000 $ retained)
STL
  1. Der-Arguchintsev, Semyon
  2. Kerfoot, Alexander
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (TOR)
  4. Choix de 5e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
NYI
  1. Abruzzese, Nick
  2. Choix de 6e ronde en 2023 (TOR)
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2482 500 000 $76 645 413 $212 500 $0 $5 854 587 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
950 000 $950 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 2
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 2
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 3
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
-1 875 000 $-1 875 000 $
C
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
827 500 $827 500 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C
UFA - 1
840 630 $840 630 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 8
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 2
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
Logo de Islanders de New York
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 2

Unités spéciales

Avantage numérique 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 49
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,045
Quoting: mokumboi
Like I said, enjoy your advanced delusions. I'm not interested in your Dunning-Kruger games.

I hope you can understand why when I lay out my argument in a thorough way and the best you can do is a 'your wrong' without explanation, its not very convincing. The only logical conclusion would be that I'm right.
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Dynasty
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 14
I cannot even keep up with the sheer volume of fallacies that you are spewing, so I'm just gonna check out. Life is simply too short to educate brick walls.

"If you are arguing O'Reilly should get more... "

Like where TF did I ever say or imply any such thing? Enjoy your advanced delusions.

Why are you trying SO hard to sound smart LMFAO. You showing us your expanded vocabulary while constantly stating that a simple debate is “ advanced delusions” is just so weird.

You tried to state that my intial ballpark estimate for a trade was extremely far off. Using retention as an argument when the retention wouldn’t exceed 3 months on St Louis books.

Did you not see the return for Giroux? It was legit a first in 2024/ a third and Owen tippet. Rental players of value will receive a fair compensation but aren’t worth as much as star players on extended deals.

If you think a 1st, 5th round draft pick alongside a higher end prospect(s) isn’t even close, you’re crosseyed.

Go pound a snickers dude.
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 58
Xercuses
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,616
Quoting: Byrr
I'm curious, what do guys like you expect Horvat to fetch? Horvat is putting up twice the points per game as O'Reilly this season, twice the goals, having twice the defensive impact than the so called 'selke caliber' center. Do you think he's going to fetch the world? Multiple 1sts, etc?

It’s also that the blues still have cup ambitions though they may be slightly dashed this season
18 déc. 2022 à 1 h 0
Quoting: xercuses
It’s also that the blues still have cup ambitions though they may be slightly dashed this season

Is O'Reilly a part of those ambitions though? His playing time has dropped a full 2 minutes in the past 2 season and he is having an absolutely awful year. He's losing his minutes heavily, there's no chance he's going to be a 'selke' type of center this season. Age seems to have hit him hard and aging curves would suggest the only way is down going forward.
18 déc. 2022 à 1 h 2
Xercuses
Is O'Reilly a part of those ambitions though? His playing time has dropped a full 2 minutes in the past 2 season and he is having an absolutely awful year. He's losing his minutes heavily, there's no chance he's going to be a 'selke' type of center this season. Age seems to have hit him hard and aging curves would suggest the only way is down going forward.

He’s been playing very well the past month and a half tho
18 déc. 2022 à 1 h 5
He’s been playing very well the past month and a half tho

He's still racking up the goals against and negative defensive contributions in the fancier stats.
18 déc. 2022 à 1 h 11
Xercuses
He's still racking up the goals against and negative defensive contributions in the fancier stats.

Yea but those aren’t very good ones
Advanced stats are way too skewed to be taken seriously
18 déc. 2022 à 1 h 16
Yea but those aren’t very good ones
Advanced stats are way too skewed to be taken seriously

That's why I used the simpler goals against as well. Since the start of November(about a month and a half), O'Reilly has been on the ice for 3.94 goals against per 60 minutes (at even strength, I don't want to go comparing him against players who don't play special teams). The only forward on the Blues giving up more in that time span was Jake Neighbours who only played 5 games. Then there's a wide gap before the next Blues player, Jordan Kyrou at 3.25. .7 more goals per 60 minutes than the next Blues player. That's a lot of goals. Kyrou is also scoring more than O'Reilly to make up for it. The Blues are losing games, they are doing that when O'Reilly is playing.
18 déc. 2022 à 1 h 23
Rip
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,166
You definitely have to pay more than this for ROR likely at least Robertson, a 1st, and a 3rd, most likely Kerfoot and maybe another B prospect to open up another contract slot. Maybe Niemela instead but not Knies or Minten
xercuses a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2022 à 1 h 29
Rip
I don't agree. O'Reilly might not even be the 2nd best center available. Hell with the season he's having he might not even be the 3rd best center available. He and Toews are battling it out for 2nd ... and they haven't even been much better than Monahan either. There are a ton of options available at center and there aren't that many teams looking to move a big asset for one. Centers look like a buyers market this season.

I think that's a hot take. His offensive numbers are low but he's got a terrible PDO and he way below his expected goals, he isn't what he was 3 years ago sure but he's still a very good player. He isn't being brought in to be what he was 3 years ago but what he is now and has 2 better centres ahead of him that free him up to not have to carry his team. Not that St Louis is bad but he was their best player for a while and I am not sure he can fill that role anymore, in TO he can enjoy a somewhat reduced role with likely favorable matchups on the road when teams try to isolate Matthews or JT. I think he'd do very well in that role. ROR is my absolute dream addition.
18 déc. 2022 à 1 h 32
Rip
The retention argument is always a fascinating one to see people make for deadline trades. It's like they didn't think about it at all

Retention has value due to 2 factors. Actual cost, money, and opportunity cost, the cap space they are retaining could have been used elsewhere. At the deadline, the actual cost is minimal since very little of the season is retaining. It's also going to be forced on you by any team making the trade...no contenders can fit O'Reilly's full 7+ mil cap hit in their cap picture. There's no value there since the money is minimal and you are going to be forced to do it regardless of who trade with. The opportunity cost is also nil as if they are moving O'Reilly, the season is already over for them.

Remember when TO had Lehner for 5 minutes that time to retain some cap for a 5th? It's not that lucrative for expiring contracts. They only have 3 so that's the one rub I guess.
18 déc. 2022 à 1 h 41
Modifié 18 déc. 2022 à 1 h 51
Quoting: RipNasty
Remember when TO had Lehner for 5 minutes that time to retain some cap for a 5th? It's not that lucrative for expiring contracts. They only have 3 so that's the one rub I guess.

3rd teams have no reason to get involved without being paid. The trading team has reason to get the best return available of the ones available at the deadline. It's not a comparable situation at all. If you read back through my posts in this thread, you'll see I made the distinction there.

It's as simple as this. If a team offered a 4th round pick for O'Reilly with half retention and another team offered a 5th without....the Blues would take the 4th every time even though the retention isn't part of the price. You can narrow it down if you like. The 45th overall pick with retention or the 46th, the blues would still take the 45th. Can only imagine the headline the next day, 'Army turns down the better offer to save 700k cash on O'Reilly deal'. Would be a death sentence for a GM among the fanbase.
RipNasty a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2022 à 7 h 8
Mentions "j'aime": 465
Like I said, enjoy your advanced delusions. I'm not interested in your Dunning-Kruger games.

You managed to go this whole thread without saying one coherent argument. It's really amazing.
18 déc. 2022 à 11 h 10
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,479
Quoting: LukaTAG
You managed to go this whole thread without saying one coherent argument. It's really amazing.

More delusions. How adorable.
18 déc. 2022 à 11 h 11
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,131
-The ROR offer gets beat pretty easily, I would think. The only real value here is the 1st being in this year's draft - a 5th is a minimal value pick, there have been a ton of questions about SDA's game translating to the NHL level (shooting 16.7% against AHL goalies doesn't usually translate the same when you get up to the NHL), and if St. Louis is in tear-down mode this year, a pending UFA like Alex Kerfoot has negligible value to them. I think you gotta up the pick to at least a 3rd and bump up the prospect to someone on the Niemela/Minten/Hirvonen level.

-The Isles are not currently in a position to be selling; and even if they do get to that point, this offer's not close. Abruzzese is 23 and perilously close to the age where we go from calling a guy a "prospect" to a "depth player", and his AHL numbers aren't really doing much to dissuade that thought. The basement on the package I would expect to get if the Islanders were selling Mayfield would be the Josh Manson trade - Colorado gave up a 2023 2nd and Drew Helleson, who was projected as a middle pair D. So I'd expect a Toronto return of Niemela & a 2nd, or bump it up to a 1st rounder if you want to send a lesser prospect. Mayfield plays 20 good minutes a night, has performed well in the playoffs, and has a $1.45M cap hit before retention - I don't see any reason why he wouldn't get back a strong return with the way that teams have been paying up for defensemen the past few deadlines.
mokumboi a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2022 à 11 h 42
More delusions. How adorable.

Case in point.
18 déc. 2022 à 12 h 8
mokumboi
Case in point.

Except it's not at all. In any way. It make me wonder if you even understand what that phrase means. I've made several relevant points in this thread, some multiple times because it doesn't sink in. Meanwhile, the ones arguing with me are on about Horvat and fictional asks I've never made and all sorts of other nonsense that doesn;t have anything to do with the trade in this AGM. Every non-Leafs fan who has wandered into this horror house (including some that are not Blues fans) has said pretty much the exact same things I've said, but noooo you cannot tell some Leafs fans anything based in reality, because they'll throw a tantrum, insist everyone else has to pay for their dumps/retention and insult you.

Now... do you have ANY commentary on the actual trade posed in this AGM or not? I mean, it's hilarious how you come in here claiming I've made no relevant points when you have yet to even attempt one. All you've offered so far are delusional personal attacks.
18 déc. 2022 à 12 h 13
Except it's not at all. In any way. It make me wonder if you even understand what that phrase means. I've made several relevant points in this thread, some multiple times because it doesn't sink in. Meanwhile, the ones arguing with me are on about Horvat and fictional asks I've never made and all sorts of other nonsense that doesn;t have anything to do with the trade in this AGM. Every non-Leafs fan who has wandered into this horror house (including some that are not Blues fans) has said pretty much the exact same things I've said, but noooo you cannot tell some Leafs fans anything based in reality, because they'll throw a tantrum, insist everyone else has to pay for their dumps/retention and insult you.

Now... do you have ANY commentary on the actual trade posed in this AGM or not? I mean, it's hilarious how you come in here claiming I've made no relevant points when you have yet to even attempt one. All you've offered so far are delusional personal attacks.

It's because you are hard projecting at the moment. Go through this thread, tell me what arguments you made. Spoiler alert: you can't. I haven't come here to make a point on the AGM. I've come here to point out your irony.
18 déc. 2022 à 12 h 14
mokumboi
It's because you are hard projecting at the moment. Go through this thread, tell me what arguments you made. Spoiler alert: you can't. I haven't come here to make a point on the AGM. I've come here to point out your irony.

A simple "no" would have sufficed.
18 déc. 2022 à 12 h 17
A simple "no" would have sufficed.

Guess what I'm going to say to this post (Hint: I said it 2 comments ago)
18 déc. 2022 à 12 h 18
mokumboi
Guess what I'm going to say to this post (Hint: I said it 2 comments ago)

Yet another delusional personal attack that has nothing at all to do with the AGM?
18 déc. 2022 à 12 h 31
Yet another delusional personal attack that has nothing at all to do with the AGM?

No point arguing with someone who can't see fauly in themself. Cya
18 déc. 2022 à 12 h 51
mokumboi
No point arguing with someone who can't see fauly in themself. Cya

Pure projection, bub. From my very first comment on this AGM:

"The 1st is a proper start, the rest is piffle, especially if you expect max retention."

Literally the first comment in the thread. Game over. Drive home safely.

And STILL you've yet to say a single word about the AGM. Nothing but delusional personal attacks that describe your own behavior here. So by all means, carry on lecturing about others lacking self awareness. It's hilarious.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage