Mentions "j'aime": 11,983

4 déc. 2022 à 17 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
FjKbrn_aAAAxDnp?format=jpg&name=medium

How on earth did they decide on Minten over Hutson 🤦‍♂️

I do like the Moldenhauer pick by Jordan Dumais going right after him might but be another one they look back on with regret
4 déc. 2022 à 17 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

4 déc. 2022 à 21 h 4
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,097
Quoting: MatthewsFan
FjKbrn_aAAAxDnp?format=jpg&name=medium

How on earth did they decide on Minten over Hutson 🤦‍♂️

I do like the Moldenhauer pick by Jordan Dumais going right after him might but be another one they look back on with regret

Minten and Moldenhauer are going to prove a lot of people wrong. Im a huge fan of those picks
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 21 h 39
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,098
Modifié 4 déc. 2022 à 21 h 48
Quoting: Nathaniel
Minten and Moldenhauer are going to prove a lot of people wrong. Im a huge fan of those picks

Minten has honestly looked good so far along with Moldenhauer

Huston also looks good but its not like hes lighting up the NCAA 17 points in 14 games is nice but isnt like man we should have drafted him over Minten territory. As rn Minten has 22 points in 16 games and is showing signs of being a nice offensive weapon. Like Holmberg his playoff appearance for the Raiders was nuts
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 21 h 49
Amirov Forever
Quoting: aadoyle
Minten has honestly looked good so far along with Mildenhauer

Huston also looks good but its not like hes lighting up the NCAA 17 points in 14 games is nice but isnt like man we should have drafted him over Minten territory. As rn Minten has 22 points in 16 games and is showing signs of being a nice offensive weapon. Like Holmberg his playoff appearance for the Raiders was nuts

Minten's style of play also checks off so many boxes for the Leafs. He is a hard working center who isn't afraid to be physical, but also don't sacrifice offense for toughness. Nick Moldenhauer is very shifty and Im very excited to see him play at Michigan in the NCAA next year
4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

🤞believe me, I’m rooting for Minten to be anything more than an energy 4C.

Nick Moldenhauer looks really solid and definitely no real compliants. Predicting QMJHL scoring is sooooo hard to the next level, but what Dumais is doing is very impressive.
4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Minten has honestly looked good so far along with Moldenhauer

Hutson is tied for the BU scoring lead with 17 points. Tied with a forward. Who is 5 years older than him. What Hutson is doing as an 18 year old is historic.

This type of PNHLe is ridiculous
FjFA6ryaYAAebD9?format=jpg&name=large

FjFA6rzaEAAeyDY?format=jpg&name=large

I’d take Hutson over Minten every day of the week
4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 25
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 31
Hutson is tied for the BU scoring lead with 17 points. Tied with a forward. Who is 5 years older than him. What Hutson is doing as an 18 year old is historic.

I have seen college kids look good come over and struggle. To me in the end its gonna be who transitions the best. Minten has the physicality and offense to be a nice bottom 6 forward. But who knows Hutson might come in and also do well or struggle like some NCAA players have before especially with being a smaller Dman. Time will tell but so far both are doing well

Like for Dobber Minten's NHL certainty = 8.5 Hutson = 6.5 with both having the same Fantasy upside of 8
4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 28
Amirov Forever

Hutson is a fantastic pick. I really like him, I just didnt see the fit for the Leafs. This draft felt so different from the last few just because the Leafs took flyers on more sure-fire players as opposed to players with huge boom or bust potential. Minten projects to be every oldheads dream; a jack of all trades yet master of none. I'll admit that Minten was not on my list of draft targets (Lambert, Sykora, Moldenhauer, and Hutson were near the top on draft day), but I still really like him as a pick. The tools Minten has at his disposal are really exciting.

Also, where do you find these stats? Very interesting stuff here
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 30
Amirov Forever

Also, quick side note: Dragicevic is such an exciting prospect. Sits very low on most scouts early draft predictions. He could be a game changer for the Leafs blue line, granted it is still way too early for draft speculation
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Hutson is a fantastic pick. I really like him, I just didnt see the fit for the Leafs. This draft felt so different from the last few just because the Leafs took flyers on more sure-fire players as opposed to players with huge boom or bust potential. Minten projects to be every oldheads dream; a jack of all trades yet master of none. I'll admit that Minten was not on my list of draft targets (Lambert, Sykora, Moldenhauer, and Hutson were near the top on draft day), but I still really like him as a pick. The tools Minten has at his disposal are really exciting.

Also, where do you find these stats? Very interesting stuff here

You can find the Fraser Minten’s of the world as undrafted players. There is absolutely a potential NHL player in him with his work ethic and dogged determination. Leafs have plenty of that, they need high end difference makers.
4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 40
Amirov Forever
You can find the Fraser Minten’s of the world as undrafted players. There is absolutely a potential NHL player in him with his work ethic and dogged determination. Leafs have plenty of that, they need high end difference makers.

I completely agree. There were a lot of guys like that in this draft too. Wes Clark seems to be taking this team in a different direction in terms of drafting, picking players of need instead of the best player available. Im really excited to see what the incredibly stacked 2023 draft has in store for the Leafs
4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 42
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,911
I completely agree. There were a lot of guys like that in this draft too. Wes Clark seems to be taking this team in a different direction in terms of drafting, picking players of need instead of the best player available. Im really excited to see what the incredibly stacked 2023 draft has in store for the Leafs

I just hope they don't trade away picks for meaningless TDL playoff additions.
4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 48
Amirov Forever
Quoting: palhal

Really hoping that first round pick of ours stays intact
4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

Yup, not a fan of Wes Clark first draft
4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 56
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: palhal

I feel they are gonna bring in 1-2 players who can make an impact.

I think a Muzzin like RD and a forward will happen. As to who no idea. I think Dubas is waiting to see how the team does at the start of February when he usually makes his moves.

As to me I think you go into the playoffs

Rielly-Muzzin like RD
Sandin-Brodie
Gio-Liligren

Knies is coming so that leaves Dubas to decide whether he wants a 3c or 3rd line wing
5 déc. 2022 à 0 h 3
Amirov Forever
Yup, not a fan of Wes Clark first draft

I dont want to judge him too harshly get. While the front end of this draft was better than most people give it credit for, the latter half was pretty lackluster. We had very little in the way of draft stock, with a majority of what we had falling into the aforementioned weak latter half. Honestly, I was pretty happy with how the draft turned out. Minten is almost definitely going to make an impact at the NHL level, Moldenhauer's offensive output is paying dividends fairly early, Grebyonkin is having a standout U20 season in the KHL, and Lisowsky is on fire. This upcoming draft will be the real test with so much talent up for grabs
5 déc. 2022 à 0 h 11
Hakuna Matata
I dont want to judge him too harshly get. While the front end of this draft was better than most people give it credit for, the latter half was pretty lackluster. We had very little in the way of draft stock, with a majority of what we had falling into the aforementioned weak latter half. Honestly, I was pretty happy with how the draft turned out. Minten is almost definitely going to make an impact at the NHL level, Moldenhauer's offensive output is paying dividends fairly early, Grebyonkin is having a standout U20 season in the KHL, and Lisowsky is on fire. This upcoming draft will be the real test with so much talent up for grabs

I had really no issues with the picks

Wes Clark has an eye for intriguing targets and if Dubas picks em over guys from the SOO you know you did something right. As there were 6 SOO guys this draft

And besides

Lisowsky has looked nice no idea what he becomes but thats where the fun is
Grebenkin could actually push for a bottom 6 job next year
Hildeby could be a goalie that backs up Samsonov in 2024
Moldenhauer fun pick will watch closely
Minten nice 3rd potential 2nd line wing.
5 déc. 2022 à 0 h 14
Amirov Forever
I had really no issues with the picks

Wes Clark has an eye for intriguing targets and if Dubas picks em over guys from the SOO you know you did something right. As there were 6 SOO guys this draft

And besides

Lisowsky has looked nice no idea what he becomes but thats where the fun is
Grebenkin could actually push for a bottom 6 job next year
Hildeby could be a goalie that backs up Samsonov in 2024
Moldenhauer fun pick will watch closely
Minten nice 3rd potential 2nd line wing.

Agreed. We were given very little and walked away with a lot. Was it the most optimal draft? No, but it was most certainly a very good draft. The 2022 draft also had the misfortune of following up our 2021 and 2020 drafts where we walked away with some very elite talent
5 déc. 2022 à 0 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Agreed. We were given very little and walked away with a lot. Was it the most optimal draft? No, but it was most certainly a very good draft. The 2022 draft also had the misfortune of following up our 2021 and 2020 drafts where we walked away with some very elite talent

In general it was a good draft. Not an excellent draft like 2020 but pretty good. As in general we dont need top 6 guys rn thats what Knies, Amirov (before the health issue), Robertson, etc are supposed to be when ready. We need bottom 6ers. But then again one or two of these guys could surprise and push for top 6 one day lets see. Thats the fun of keeping an eye on prospects
5 déc. 2022 à 0 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

I would have loved:
Hutson - Dumais - Grudinin - Grebenkin - Lisowsky (can’t argue with the last two picks).

The Minten and Hildeby picks are the ones I have the most issue with.
5 déc. 2022 à 0 h 29
Amirov Forever
I would have loved:
Hutson - Dumais - Grudinin - Grebenkin - Lisowsky (can’t argue with the last two picks).

The Minten and Hildeby picks are the ones I have the most issue with.

Yeah Im not a fan of Hildeby. Really hope he proves me wrong, but that was a very polarizing pick. I really wanted Cruz Lucius there, but alas, we get the triple overager who was immediately signed to an ELC despite showing no signs of being a fantastic goalie. I hope this take ages like milk, but I wouldn't hold my breath
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
5 déc. 2022 à 11 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

5 déc. 2022 à 11 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137