Forums/Armchair-GM

Which Trade for Kane Would You Prefer

Créé par: Shakabakes
Équipe: 2022-23 Rangers de New York
Date de création initiale: 20 sept. 2022
Publié: 20 sept. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
There may be other factors that become involved within the trade. Such as involving a 3rd team to eat up more Cap for a lesser Pick, or including a player like Reaves to clear Cap.

But for the initial groundwork for a deal, which would you prefer?

Or if you have a 3rd option, feel free to include it.
Transactions
NYR
  1. Kane, Patrick (5 250 000 $ retained)
CHI
  1. Kravtsov, Vitali
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (DAL)
NYR
    Patrick Kane (50% retention)
    CHI
    1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (NYR)
    Détails additionnels:
    2023 1st Round Pick (Dallas)
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de COL
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de NYR
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2382 500 000 $78 866 469 $0 $3 700 000 $3 633 531 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Rangers de New York
    11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
    AG
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 8
    2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
    AD
    RFA - 2
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    AG
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
    C, AD
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    3 641 667 $3 641 667 $
    C, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 1
    1 525 000 $1 525 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
    AG, AD
    RFA - 1
    800 000 $800 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    762 500 $762 500 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    AD, C
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
    -2 625 000 $-2 625 000 $
    AD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    DG
    RFA - 2
    9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 7
    5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
    G
    UFA - 3
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
    DG
    RFA - 1
    8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
    DD
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $ (Bonis de performance50 000 $$50K)
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $
    DG
    RFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
    DD
    RFA - 2
    800 000 $800 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    20 sept. 2022 à 16 h 2
    Rejoint: juill. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,276
    I assume Chicago would prefer the two firsts.

Even a 21 year old Dach was seen as too old for their rebuild.
    Shakabakes a aimé ceci.
    20 sept. 2022 à 16 h 5
    Rejoint: mai 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 18,402
    Kravtsov was shopped for a 2nd last year and NYR couldn’t find any takers. He certainly hasn’t increased in value, so

1st, 1st >> 1st, Kravtsov
    Shakabakes et ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
    20 sept. 2022 à 16 h 13
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: janv. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 877
    Quoting: NHLfan10506
    Kravtsov was shopped for a 2nd last year and NYR couldn’t find any takers. He certainly hasn’t increased in value, so

While I agree with your initial assessment, he will finally be taking the ice this Season. Being able to showcase what he can (or can't) do will be able to show much (or how little) value he actually has.
    20 sept. 2022 à 16 h 22
    Rejoint: juin 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 58

Kravtsov was not shopped for 2nd last year, similar to Lundkvist being shopped for a 2nd this year.
    20 sept. 2022 à 16 h 59
    Rejoint: mai 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 18,402
    Quoting: busters99
    Kravtsov was not shopped for 2nd last year, similar to Lundkvist being shopped for a 2nd this year.

I don’t know anything about Lundkvist being shopped for 2nd this year…this is first I have heard of that. All I know was that Lundkvist reportedly asked for a trade, then was traded.

As for Kravtsov, it was well reported that Rangers had him on the block last October after he failed to make team and returned to Traktor.

My point was, in a vacuum, the offer of two 1sts is probably my greater than the offer of a 1st and Kravtsov.
    20 sept. 2022 à 17 h 56
    I don’t know anything about Lundkvist being shopped for 2nd this year…this is first I have heard of that. All I know was that Lundkvist reportedly asked for a trade, then was traded.

As for Kravtsov, it was well reported that Rangers had him on the block last October after he failed to make team and returned to Traktor.

My point was, in a vacuum, the offer of two 1sts is probably my greater than the offer of a 1st and Kravtsov.

Sure, I understand, only comment by Drury was that Kravtsov is an all-world talent. I think it was a short-sided decision by Kravtsov to return to the KHL, he was getting sent to the AHL to tighten up his 200-foot game and would have been back up within a month. I agree given Chicago's teardown that two firsts would be more attractive.
    20 sept. 2022 à 18 h 3
    Rejoint: avr. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 9,382
    Chicago wouldn't even consider option 1. Option 2...MAYBE...but more likely it's going to take a 1st, Kaapo (or Othmann) and cap dump/move
    20 sept. 2022 à 18 h 4
    Quoting: MellowK
    I assume Chicago would prefer the two firsts.

Even a 21 year old Dach was seen as too old for their rebuild.

with Dach it wasn't just an age thing. There were some rumors coming out of Chicago that they weren't impressed with Dach's work ethic on and off the ice. Something happened around off-ice training and what Dach wanted versus the Hawks expected.
    20 sept. 2022 à 18 h 16
    Quoting: ChiHawk
    Chicago wouldn't even consider option 1. Option 2...MAYBE...but more likely it's going to take a 1st, Kaapo (or Othmann) and cap dump/move

I doubt the NYR will take much from their roster depth in any trade. Othmann is just about part of this team and likely going nowhere. It will be a heavily laden futures and younger prospects package.
    20 sept. 2022 à 18 h 40
    I doubt the NYR will take much from their roster depth in any trade. Othmann is just about part of this team and likely going nowhere. It will be a heavily laden futures and younger prospects package.

You are pose the same argument with Kravtsov then.

It's going to have to move the needle for Kane depending on how many teams he's willing to waive for. The more, let's say NYR, Toronto, Edmonton, throw in Vegas or Florida, and the more the price goes up obviously. Especially in that instance, (2) late 1sts or a 1st and a B level prospect isn't going to land him. Kane is a game changer especially in the playoffs, it's been a long time since the NHL has seen a player of that caliber available as a rental for the playoffs. Giroux is the closest example in recent years but Kane is hands down better and likely wouldn't also pigeon-hole the Hawks to one team like he did.
    20 sept. 2022 à 18 h 55
    You are pose the same argument with Kravtsov then.

It's going to have to move the needle for Kane depending on how many teams he's willing to waive for. The more, let's say NYR, Toronto, Edmonton, throw in Vegas or Florida, and the more the price goes up obviously. Especially in that instance, (2) late 1sts or a 1st and a B level prospect isn't going to land him. Kane is a game changer especially in the playoffs, it's been a long time since the NHL has seen a player of that caliber available as a rental for the playoffs. Giroux is the closest example in recent years but Kane is hands down better and likely wouldn't also pigeon-hole the Hawks to one team like he did.

I suspect the reason why Kane didn't want to be traded before the season is so he could pull a GIroux. He doesn't want to be traded to just a good team, but the team he thinks will win given how the season is going. This does not really change the NYR approach. They are not going to weaken the current depth much to bring on a rental. I agree, the trades presented here aren't enough, the package will be really nice, just not the players you're talking about.
    20 sept. 2022 à 19 h 16
    I suspect the reason why Kane didn't want to be traded before the season is so he could pull a GIroux. He doesn't want to be traded to just a good team, but the team he thinks will win given how the season is going. This does not really change the NYR approach. They are not going to weaken the current depth much to bring on a rental. I agree, the trades presented here aren't enough, the package will be really nice, just not the players you're talking about.

Kane has already said he wants to see what happens in the first part of the season which is a direct translation, if he waives, it will be to a team he knows he can put them over the top. He is a student of the game, an addict that when not playing/training he is watching games and tape. He studies every team like he were a coach. Wherever he goes, he knows what kind of impact he can bring and not bring so I bet where he goes turns into a conference final team at a minimum.

I don't know what NY will or will not offer, but it's going to take a Kaapo or Otthmann type of player to land kane....not a A+ elite level prospect but a solid A/A- top 6 player.
    20 sept. 2022 à 19 h 22
    Démarrer sujet
    Kane has already said he wants to see what happens in the first part of the season which is a direct translation, if he waives, it will be to a team he knows he can put them over the top. He is a student of the game, an addict that when not playing/training he is watching games and tape. He studies every team like he were a coach. Wherever he goes, he knows what kind of impact he can bring and not bring so I bet where he goes turns into a conference final team at a minimum.

I don't know what NY will or will not offer, but it's going to take a Kaapo or Otthmann type of player to land kane....not a A+ elite level prospect but a solid A/A- top 6 player.

Chicago just flubbed the trade for DeBrincat. And Giroux severely limited the assets that Philadelphia could acquire by pigeon holing them into making a deal with the team he wanted. The Rangers aren't going to overpay if Kane tells the Blackhawks that they're the only team he will go to.
    20 sept. 2022 à 23 h 21
    Quoting: Shakabakes
    Chicago just flubbed the trade for DeBrincat. And Giroux severely limited the assets that Philadelphia could acquire by pigeon holing them into making a deal with the team he wanted. The Rangers aren't going to overpay if Kane tells the Blackhawks that they're the only team he will go to.

I agree and what I've iterated on here many times in this thread and others. However, I highly doubt Kane ties the hands of the Hawks given the tight relationship they have and Kane many times saying he wants to work for the organization when his playing days are finished. I'm betting he submits 3 teams, not exactly an open market but enough to drive the price up to a level it makes sense for all parties and everyone walks away happy. The Rangers are the most interesting case purely from a perspective of where they are at in their rebuild (just coming of age so to speak), whereas Toronto is an absolute win now mode. Would Kane waive for Toronto or any Canadian team for that matter? I believe that's an interesting debate in itself. At the end of the day, who knows what happens...heck he maybe even stick in Chicago.
    21 sept. 2022 à 5 h 2

What does a trade for Toews look like in your mind?
    21 sept. 2022 à 9 h 54
    Skeating_sec224
    Rejoint: mai 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 144
    I don't see NYR landing Kane without Othman going the other way.
    Unless the other packages are lackluster and/or Kane uses his NMC to force a deal to Broadway.
    21 sept. 2022 à 11 h 29
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Skeating622
    I don't see NYR landing Kane without Othman going the other way.
    Unless the other packages are lackluster and/or Kane uses his NMC to force a deal to Broadway.

If Kane ultimately forces his way to NY, then that shouldn't be necessary. Any combination of Kravtsov and those Picks would suffice.
    busters99 a aimé ceci.
    21 sept. 2022 à 12 h 57
    What does a trade for Toews look like in your mind?

Hard one to pin and it's going to predicated on whether he picks up where he left off at the end of last season (late 1st rounder) or if he regresses to where he was at the beginning of the season (late 2nd); either way also considering half retention by the Hawks.
    busters99 a aimé ceci.
    21 sept. 2022 à 15 h 34

Another factor in Kane's price is whether Pastrnak becomes available.
    ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
    21 sept. 2022 à 15 h 46
    Another factor in Kane's price is whether Pastrnak becomes available.

True

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage