SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Solving TORs Cap Issues to Land a Long-Term LD

Créé par: KingofRnR
Publié: 18 sept. 2022 à 15 h 51
Plafond salarial: 82 500 000 $
Journées à la saison: 184/185 (99%)
Détermination du registraire central: Cette transaction a rempli les différents critères exigés par le registraire central de la LNH.

Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoMaple Leafs de Toronto

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Holl, JustinMaple Leafs de TorontoLNH-1 989 189 $011---0000--
Kerfoot, AlexanderMaple Leafs de TorontoLNH-3 481 081 $011---0000--
Sandin, RasmusMaple Leafs de TorontoLNH-0 $011---0000--
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Donato, RyanKraken de SeattleLNH-1 193 514 $011---0000--
Borgen, WilliamKraken de SeattleLNH-895 135 $011---0000--
Soucy, CarsonKraken de SeattleLNH33%1 832 540 $011---0000--
Robertson, TuckerKraken de SeattleListe de réserve-0 $001---------
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial-1 493 116 $2248683411
Variation1 549 081 $011000
Final55 965 $ (↑)2249 (↑)69 (↑)3411000

Logo de Kraken de SeattleKraken de Seattle

Transaction simultanéeStatut initialNouveau statutImpact sur la masse salarialeFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Driedger, ChrisLNHMineures-1 118 919 $-1-----------
DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Donato, RyanKraken de SeattleLNH-1 193 514 $011---0000--
Borgen, WilliamKraken de SeattleLNH-895 135 $011---0000--
Soucy, CarsonKraken de SeattleLNH33%1 832 540 $011---0000--
Robertson, TuckerKraken de SeattleListe de réserve-0 $001---------
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Holl, JustinMaple Leafs de TorontoLNH-1 989 189 $011---0000--
Kerfoot, AlexanderMaple Leafs de TorontoLNH-3 481 081 $011---0000--
Sandin, RasmusMaple Leafs de TorontoLNH-0 $011---0000--
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial1 010 834 $2442553915
Variation-430 162 $-1-1-1000
Final580 672 $ (↓)23 (↓)41 (↓)54 (↓)3915000
18 sept. 2022 à 16 h 51
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,339
Hard pass from Seattle.
KrakDad a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 17 h 11
Démarrer sujet
TrevorA
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,874
Quoting: MoxNix
Hard pass from Seattle.

Care to elaborate or explain your position at all!?
18 sept. 2022 à 17 h 30
Quoting: KingofRnR
Care to elaborate or explain your position at all!?

Nope, Leafs fans will argue until they're blue in the face (or maybe they already are?) that Kerfoot and Sandin are worth a whole more than they are.
18 sept. 2022 à 17 h 35
Démarrer sujet
TrevorA
Nope, Leafs fans will argue until they're blue in the face (or maybe they already are?) that Kerfoot and Sandin are worth a whole more than they are.

That doesn’t explain why you think Seattle would pass.

I am expecting Leafs fans to say Sandin won’t be Traded though
PantsOffnJacket a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 18 h 9
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,785

The problem with your statement on Sandin is, Flames fans are the same way with Valimaki.

Kerfoot has value, but to a specific team set, and SEA isn't it. He's a guy that gets traded at the deadline for a second or third to a playoff favorite team that needs to shore up botto 6 depth. Unfotunately, the Leafs have been forced to use him in a second line role, and really need to move him early in the season to clear up space.

Sandin has value to a ton of teams. He's offensively minded, can be physical and has proven he can play in the NHL. He gives SEA more of a future outlook than Soucy does, as he's a UFA next year, while there are still a number of team control years with Sandin.

Holl is in essence a cap dump, but is a serviceable bottom pairing guy that can step up in a pinch and play 20 minutes a night. If the Leafs don't trade him before start of season to clear cap, I'd rather just hang on to him as a depth option for the playoffs. He knows the systems and the guys. It's better than bringing in rental depth.

@KingofRnR I'd move him if it would bring in a key piece for this year. The cap shedding factor helps immensely in this offer, esp with Soucy coming back. I think SEA gets a great piece, and since they only have a commitment this year to Holl and Kerfoot, I think it's a win for them, and an improvement for the Leafs
KingofRnR a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 18 h 23
ginger
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 413
That doesn’t explain why you think Seattle would pass.

I am expecting Leafs fans to say Sandin won’t be Traded though

Well dubas doesn’t want to trade sandin, he’s probably gonna sign at some point. I also don’t really see an offer sheet even coming either. Nylander signed in November maybe sandin signs in November too
18 sept. 2022 à 18 h 46
Démarrer sujet
TrevorA
Quoting: Dutchies
The problem with your statement on Sandin is, Flames fans are the same way with Valimaki.

Kerfoot has value, but to a specific team set, and SEA isn't it. He's a guy that gets traded at the deadline for a second or third to a playoff favorite team that needs to shore up botto 6 depth. Unfotunately, the Leafs have been forced to use him in a second line role, and really need to move him early in the season to clear up space.

Sandin has value to a ton of teams. He's offensively minded, can be physical and has proven he can play in the NHL. He gives SEA more of a future outlook than Soucy does, as he's a UFA next year, while there are still a number of team control years with Sandin.

Holl is in essence a cap dump, but is a serviceable bottom pairing guy that can step up in a pinch and play 20 minutes a night. If the Leafs don't trade him before start of season to clear cap, I'd rather just hang on to him as a depth option for the playoffs. He knows the systems and the guys. It's better than bringing in rental depth.

KingofRnR I'd move him if it would bring in a key piece for this year. The cap shedding factor helps immensely in this offer, esp with Soucy coming back. I think SEA gets a great piece, and since they only have a commitment this year to Holl and Kerfoot, I think it's a win for them, and an improvement for the Leafs

Other than he'd likely be an upgrade over Donato, especially as a Shut Down Forward and Penalty Killer, you're right, SEA doesn't really need Kerfoot, especially with guys like Gourde, McCann and Wennberg.

BUT if taking on Kerfoot helped secure a Young Long-Term Future Top-4 D-Man, they should definitely do it. SEA still has Cale Fleury as Depth at RD and if they don't feel he's reliable enough, should easily be able to find another RD or two come the off-season. If SEA doesn't make the Playoffs, they can simply flip Holl & Kerfoot for additional Assets/Picks/Prospects

And Yes, Sandin > Valimaki, but Valimaki isn't a Bust or Cap Dump just yet either, nor is CGY in a bad Cap Situation like TOR is either
Dutchies et Rhea a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 19 h 34
Démarrer sujet
TrevorA
Quoting: NR1
Well dubas doesn’t want to trade sandin, he’s probably gonna sign at some point. I also don’t really see an offer sheet even coming either. Nylander signed in November maybe sandin signs in November too

Might happen. That's not really good for both the Player or the Team though. I think Sandin should sign for exactly what Liljegren received = $1.4mil x 2 yrs otherwise he's just being Selfish & Greedy and isn't being a Team Player given the Cap situation the Leafs are currently in and the deal Giordano agreed too to help him get signed

The alternative seems to be playing short with a 21 man roster, having to pay to move Holl or getting little to nothing to move Kerfoot out. I don't see Muzzin being moved without a huge payment, so they're better off holding on to him
18 sept. 2022 à 19 h 47
ginger
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 413
Might happen. That's not really good for both the Player or the Team though. I think Sandin should sign for exactly what Liljegren received = $1.4mil x 2 yrs otherwise he's just being Selfish & Greedy and isn't being a Team Player given the Cap situation the Leafs are currently in and the deal Giordano agreed too to help him get signed

The alternative seems to be playing short with a 21 man roster, having to pay to move Holl or getting little to nothing to move Kerfoot out. I don't see Muzzin being moved without a huge payment, so they're better off holding on to him

Yeah it’s a tough situation, but sandin is better than Lily, so I’d give him at least 1.7 for 2 years. Or at the most 1.6 for 2 years. That would be a soild contract for him
18 sept. 2022 à 20 h 1
Démarrer sujet
TrevorA
Modifié 18 sept. 2022 à 20 h 40
Quoting: NR1
Yeah it’s a tough situation, but sandin is better than Lily, so I’d give him at least 1.7 for 2 years. Or at the most 1.6 for 2 years. That would be a soild contract for him

Interesting, based on what I see and the little I've heard, I'd prefer Liljegren. He's Bigger and More Defensive. Tougher to find Good Right Shot RD's too
MoxNix a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 23 h 39
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,832
Interesting, based on what I see and the little I've heard, I'd prefer Liljegren. He's Bigger and More Defensive. Tougher to find Good Right Shot RD's too

I agree that Liljegren is better at this point and will be better, but Sandin will be no slouch. Liljegren only showed his potential when he got consistent playing time...something that sandin hasn't had yet. He will get it eventually or get traded but I hope not. Those of is who watch every game can see the skill and potential, some of those that don't watch him play have no clue but seem to think they are experts. They are only hung upon the "lack of size" because that is what they can Google.

I'm happy to let him show people how good he will be. It might take longer than TL, it might not...but writing him off now is dumb. Everyone develops at a different pace and he is only 22.
KingofRnR a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2022 à 1 h 6
Fire J.D. too
Mentions "j'aime": 914

They're two very different styles of defensemen, and in the NHL atm offensive dmen are valued more and paid for it. I think the leafs would be thinking too short if they trade Sandin, he could eventually take over for Morgan in the #1 LD spot if given the opportunity. YES MOXNIX He's that talented, get over it.
20 sept. 2022 à 7 h 8
Quoting: PantsOffnJacket
They're two very different styles of defensemen, and in the NHL atm offensive dmen are valued more and paid for it. I think the leafs would be thinking too short if they trade Sandin, he could eventually take over for Morgan in the #1 LD spot if given the opportunity. YES MOXNIX He's that talented, get over it.

No he's no, he's just another Brannstrom. A marginal NHL player at best, more likely winds up a bust and back in the AHL.
20 sept. 2022 à 16 h 12
Fire J.D. too
Mentions "j'aime": 914
No he's no, he's just another Brannstrom. A marginal NHL player at best, more likely winds up a bust and back in the AHL.

Lol exactly what I expected you to say
21 sept. 2022 à 12 h 10
DT
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 39
How does this fix the leafs cap?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage