Forums/Armchair-GM

DUBAS SIGNS THE LEAFS CROWN JEWEL IN MATTHEW KNIES FOR THE PLAYOFFS

Créé par: TML_Tika
Équipe: 2022-23 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 30 juill. 2022
Publié: 30 juill. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The Toronto Maple Leafs are planning to sign their crown jewel and dream prospect named Matthew Knies at the end of his next NCAA College season at the University of Minnesota just in time for the Leafs to bring him up for the NHL playoffs next spring.

Matthew Knies is becoming a household name with hockey fans across the NHL as many teams in the National Hockey League and viewers on CapFriendly have been trying to acquire him from the Toronto Maple Leafs.

He is a 6 foot and 3 inch and 210 pound powerforward leftwing who grew up in Arizona idiolizing Austin Matthews and was coached by Shane Doan who plays a power game with a big body who attacks with speed and has a NHL ready shot.

He is without a doubt one of the biggest steals of the 2021 NHL Draft when Kyle Dubas and the Toronto Maple Leafs selected him with the 57th overall pick of the draft.

Matthew Knies just completed an outstanding freshman year at the University of Minnesota where he scored 15 goals and 33 points in only 33 games and played for the Unitied States in the cancelled World Juniors and Beijing Winter Olympics and will be playing for the United States in the rescheduled World Juniors this August.

There has been huge excitement over his blend of strength, finessess plus his blistering shot and hockey fans can not wait for him to join the Toronto Maple Leafs and potentially become a dominating power forward in the National Hockey League.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 700 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Knies, Matthew
3950 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2023 (ARI)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de ARI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $82 277 283 $212 500 $0 $222 717 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
950 000 $950 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 2
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
Knies, Matthew
950 000 $950 000 $
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 3
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 2
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 8
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 2
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
G
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
30 juill. 2022 à 18 h 38
Banni
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 281
Nice report bud. Why do I care exactly?
TML_Tika a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2022 à 18 h 39
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,000
Dude is a good prospect, but you guys have lost it acting like he’s the 2nd coming of matthews
Cardiac a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2022 à 18 h 39
Banni
Also where would you rank knies in terms of NHL prospects I am actually curious.
TML_Tika a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2022 à 18 h 44
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14,599
The Athletic doesn't even have him as a top 50 prospect
30 juill. 2022 à 18 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,044
Don’t act like a 2nd round rookie is the key to Toronto getting by the 1st round
30 juill. 2022 à 18 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 443
Quoting: Cardiac
Also where would you rank knies in terms of NHL prospects I am actually curious.

Craig Button who is TSN Director of Scouting had him ranked at 27 on his list of Top 50 NHL Affiliated Prospects in April 2022 but he is younger than some of the players on the list and has been rising at an incredible rate.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2022 à 18 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Canesfan21_
Don’t act like a 2nd round rookie is the key to Toronto getting by the 1st round

He has the potential to be a huge difference maker for the Leafs next spring.
30 juill. 2022 à 18 h 57
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,688
He’ll be a solid player eventually but this isn’t makar joining the avs for the playoffs
sabresparaavida a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2022 à 19 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Theozler
He’ll be a solid player eventually but this isn’t makar joining the avs for the playoffs

He is going to use the next 8 months to work with the Leafs player development team on working on his skills set, play in the World Juniors in August and play for the University of Minnesota in the regular season and then help them win a NCAA Championship in the spring so I think his game could be at a higher level next spring.
30 juill. 2022 à 19 h 8
Quoting: TML_Tika
He is going to use the next 8 months to work with the Leafs player development team on working on his skills set, play in the World Juniors in August and play for the University of Minnesota in the regular season and then help them win a NCAA Championship in the spring so I think his game could be at a higher level next spring.

Which is fine but he’ll likely step in as a solid third line winger. I mean it something they need but they better not pin their hopes on him
Playing top six
TML_Tika a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2022 à 19 h 24
Banni
Craig Button who is TSN Director of Scouting had him ranked at 27 on his list of Top 50 NHL Affiliated Prospects in April 2022 but he is younger than some of the players on the list and has been rising at an incredible rate.

Those rankings also have yaroslav askarov at 38. You gotta take that with a grain of salt man. Those may be some of his highest rankings. You always preach in to how people are listening too much to the Toronto media but TSN has a clear bias for Canadian teams. Knies being the 5th ranked Canadian team associated prospect is something I cannot see excluding this past draft. Sanderson guhle and niemela I agree with being over knies but with players he ranked under him who I disagree with. Pelletier, Holloway, perfetti (who he didn’t even have ranked and I have in my top 11), coronato, Amirov(who I am personally still high on despite his medical issues), Lucius, and broberg I think are all better prospects than knies. Tbh you really have to take those rankings with a grain of salt. Eklund is 22nd. I have him 6th post draft and 4th pre draft. I’m not in the minority either. I am asking for your personal ranking. I have him 75th post draft behind all of the previously mentioned players, not because I am a knies hater or a leafs hater, but because I just think other prospects are better. I am going to revise my rankings soon based on the feedback I got. Here is my list if you want to see but as I said previously, take it with a grain of salt, it’s a first ranking and I have to put in some prospects and take out others. Please list to me who you think knies is better than who I have and I’ll consider your words for my next ranking.

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/623010?post_id=3470425
30 juill. 2022 à 19 h 27
Those rankings also have yaroslav askarov at 38. You gotta take that with a grain of salt man. Those may be some of his highest rankings. You always preach in to how people are listening too much to the Toronto media but TSN has a clear bias for Canadian teams. Knies being the 5th ranked Canadian team associated prospect is something I cannot see excluding this past draft. Sanderson guhle and niemela I agree with being over knies but with players he ranked under him who I disagree with. Pelletier, Holloway, perfetti (who he didn’t even have ranked and I have in my top 11), coronato, Amirov(who I am personally still high on despite his medical issues), Lucius, and broberg I think are all better prospects than knies. Tbh you really have to take those rankings with a grain of salt. Eklund is 22nd. I have him 6th post draft and 4th pre draft. I’m not in the minority either. I am asking for your personal ranking. I have him 75th post draft behind all of the previously mentioned players, not because I am a knies hater or a leafs hater, but because I just think other prospects are better. I am going to revise my rankings soon based on the feedback I got. Here is my list if you want to see but as I said previously, take it with a grain of salt, it’s a first ranking and I have to put in some prospects and take out others. Please list to me who you think knies is better than who I have and I’ll consider your words for my next ranking.

You need to start listening to the Toronto media…
30 juill. 2022 à 19 h 37
Banni
Quoting: Theozler
You need to start listening to the Toronto media…

Any tips on the rankings tho. For the revision I am likely putting Sanderson higher and tweaking some of it. What would you suggest?
30 juill. 2022 à 19 h 40
Any tips on the rankings tho. For the revision I am likely putting Sanderson higher and tweaking some of it. What would you suggest?

I think nemec may surprise and grab a norris so I’d put him in tier one, Sanderson I think a bit higher for sure, another one to pop in the top tier may be Cooley if coyotes can actually surround him with talent
30 juill. 2022 à 19 h 53
Démarrer sujet

I was reading the Hockey News the other day and they had a section looking back at NHL Top 50 Prospect Lists from like 10 and 5 years and it was actually amazing how accurate they were in the players actually making the NHL and playing significant games........As you mentioned difference in opinions........ they were off in the ranking of the actual players in order looking back but were actually quite accurate in the prospect players as a group.

No one is going to know for sure for years on the accuracy of current NHL prospect lists but I am confident that Niemela and Knies will become NHL players and really hoping Amirov gets over his health issue and makes the NHL as well.
30 juill. 2022 à 20 h 36
Banni
I was reading the Hockey News the other day and they had a section looking back at NHL Top 50 Prospect Lists from like 10 and 5 years and it was actually amazing how accurate they were in the players actually making the NHL and playing significant games........As you mentioned difference in opinions........ they were off in the ranking of the actual players in order looking back but were actually quite accurate in the prospect players as a group.

No one is going to know for sure for years on the accuracy of current NHL prospect lists but I am confident that Niemela and Knies will become NHL players and really hoping Amirov gets over his health issue and makes the NHL as well.

I think you have a bit of a mix up here. The article in question is regarding the hockey news’s rankings from those respective years. Button is not associated with the hockey news. I can’t find his 2012 rankings as I don’t think he did those 10 years ago, if you can find otherwise please let me know. I believe they delete those rankings from TSN after a certain period of time as the only thing I can find is on forums. 2016s rankings had nylander as one strome as two and dvorak as three. As a group the hockey news is generally 50/50 on their picks. If you know THNs current ranking on knies or buttons older rankings LMK but as of now it’s apples and oranges.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage