SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Expansion Help/ Discussion Thread

26 avr. 2017 à 9 h 6
Go Jackets
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,712
Modifié 26 avr. 2017 à 12 h 41
This thread is where you can ask all of your expansion related questions regarding who qualifies as exempt, who meets the exposure requirements, and so on and so forth. If you have any questions related to expansion feel free to ask them. There are no dumb questions on this thread! (Just make sure to keep the thread focused on expansion questions ??)

SOME IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:

April 27, 12 P.M. EST; the Roster freeze will occur. From then until May 1, 12 P.M. EST (or earlier if Vegas has made all of its roster selections before the deadline), NO trades or deals may occur. Please do not use the team threads for discussion. The Master Thread, Expansion Help Thread, and some other threads may be used for discussion and communication amongst all GMs

By April 29, 12 P.M. EST, ALL players you have signed on your roster need to be moved up onto your visible roster. This means all the players you currently have assigned to junior or minors need to be brought up onto the visible active roster. We will be ignoring the salary cap during the expansion draft and offseason so do not worry about the fact you're well over the salary cap.

Also on April 29 at 12 P.M. EST, everyone's expansion protection lists are due. These are to be posted on the "Official Expansion Protection List Thread". Remember that you can either go for a 7-3-1 format or 8-1 format. When the thread is posted, once you post your teams expansion protection list on that thread you WILL NOT be allowed to change your list. ONLY expansion protection lists are to be posted on this thread (no commenting on others posts please). That means you cannot edit your post on that thread even if you accidentally posted the wrong player to be protected. THERE WILL NOT BE EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE. Please be thourough and careful when posting your expansion protection lists to ensure that no errors are made.

Vegas will begin making its expansion selections on the 29th at noon EST. They will have until May 1 at noon EST to make their selections. Vegas will post their selections by quoting each team's protection list post in the "Official Expansion Protection List Thread" and commenting with their Expansion Selection. Remember that Vegas is the only GM that is allowed to comment in the "Official Expansion Protection List Thread". The rest of us are ONLY allowed to post our expansion protection list and exposure requirement list (and editing these posts is NOT allowed).

Once all of this is over, the roster freeze will be lifted and everything will return to normal.

EXPANSION PROTECTION LIST SAMPLE FORMAT:

Team Name
GM name
Expansion format chosen (7-3-1 or 8-1)
Protected players list

EXAMPLE 1 (7-3-1 format)

Columbus Blue Jackets
Columbus Blue Jackets
Forwards Exposed: Jason Chimera, Blake Comeau
Defensemen Exposed: Nick Jensen
Goalie Exposed: Oscar Dansk
7-3-1 protection list
Forwards Protected: Nick Foligno, Vincent Trocheck, Tomas Hertl, Patric Hornqvist, Vladimir Sobotka, Valtteri Filppula, William Karlsson
Defensemen Protected: Mattias Ekholm, David Savard, Justin Braun
Goalie Protected: James Reimer

EXAMPLE 2 (8-1 format):

Columbus Blue Jackets
Columbus Blue Jackets
Forwards Exposed: Jason Chimera, Blake Comeau
Defensemen Exposed: Nick Jensen
Goalie Exposed: Oscar Dansk
8-1 protection list
Skaters Protected: Nick Foligno, Valtteri Filppula, Vincent Trocheck, Tomas Hertl, Mattias Ekholm, David Savard, Justin Braun, Ville Pokka
Goalie Protected: James Reimer

**these are not my official expansion lists, just examples of formatting for all to see**
26 avr. 2017 à 9 h 18
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
Can we just lay out when all the dates will take place? Roster freezes, expansion dates, etc.
26 avr. 2017 à 10 h 2
NYR v3 GM
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 189
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Can we just lay out when all the dates will take place? Roster freezes, expansion dates, etc.

They're laid out in the Expansion Draft Discussion thread, first page.
26 avr. 2017 à 10 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Modifié 26 avr. 2017 à 12 h 25
I'll post the important dates here again just so everyone can easily see them. The dates will be posted in the Master Thread as well.

April 27, 12 P.M. EST; the Roster freeze will occur. From then until May 1, 12 P.M. EST (or earlier if Vegas has made all of its roster selections before the deadline), NO trades or deals may occur. Please do not use the team threads for discussion. The Master Thread, Expansion Help Thread, and some other threads may be used for discussion and communication amongst all GMs

By April 29, 12 P.M. EST, ALL players you have signed on your roster need to be moved up onto your visible roster. This means all the players you currently have assigned to junior or minors need to be brought up onto the visible active roster. We will be ignoring the salary cap during the expansion draft and offseason so do not worry about the fact you're well over the salary cap.

Also on April 29 at 12 P.M. EST, everyone's expansion protection lists are due. These are to be posted on the "Official Expansion Protection List Thread". Remember that you can either go for a 7-3-1 format or 8-1 format. When the thread is posted, once you post your teams expansion protection list on that thread you WILL NOT be allowed to change your list. ONLY expansion protection lists are to be posted on this thread (no commenting on others posts please). That means you cannot edit your post on that thread even if you accidentally posted the wrong player to be protected. THERE WILL NOT BE EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE. Please be thourough and careful when posting your expansion protection lists to ensure that no errors are made.

Vegas will begin making its expansion selections on the 29th at noon EST. They will have until May 1 at noon EST to make their selections. Vegas will post their selections in the "Vegas Expansion Selections Thread". Again, no one is to comment in this thread except for Vegas GM.

Once all of this is over, the roster freeze will be lifted and everything will return to normal. Again if you have any questions about this, please ask on this thread!
Mr_cap et phillyjabroni a aimé ceci.
27 avr. 2017 à 9 h 12
Go Habs Go
Mentions "j'aime": 4,092
Reminder: Use this thread to request assistance, ask questions, or test your protected list submission post prior to putting it in the actual thread.

BOG will be monitoring throughout to help guide you through the process.
27 avr. 2017 à 9 h 30
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,768
Hi, might as well give it a try before submitting officially. Am I compliant?

Protected:
Giroux-Galchenyuk-Smith-Perron-Wilson-Jokinen-Jaskin
Yandle-Subban-Dumba
Bobrovsky

Notable exempted:
Fabbri-Larkin-Petan-Matheson-McCoshen-Hawryluk-Schmaltz

Exposed requirments:
Boll - Mackenzie (2 needed)
Sbisa (1 needed)
Markstrom (1 needed)
27 avr. 2017 à 9 h 32
Go Habs Go
Quoting: F50marco

Protected:
Yandle-Subban-Dumba
Bobrovsky

Notable exempted:

Exposed requirments:
Sbisa (1 needed)
Markstrom (1 needed)

No. Your formatting is a disaster Sticking Out Tongue
You don't list exemptions either.
Edit: Everything else seems fine.
27 avr. 2017 à 9 h 36
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 126
Just a quick question. When putting down your exposed players, do you need to put all of your exposed players or just the minimum 2/1/1? It looks like everyone is putting the minimum requirement down so I'm guessing that's it but just wanted to double check.
27 avr. 2017 à 9 h 40
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,768
Quoting: ricochetii
Quoting: F50marco

Protected:
Yandle-Subban-Dumba
Bobrovsky

Notable exempted:

Exposed requirments:
Sbisa (1 needed)
Markstrom (1 needed)

No. Your formatting is a disaster Sticking Out Tongue
You don't list exemptions either.
Edit: Everything else seems fine.

haha yeah didn't bother formatting it all yet. Just wanted to get a quick idea if I'm missing something. Thanks rico!
27 avr. 2017 à 9 h 41
Go Habs Go
Quoting: DirtyRebound
Just a quick question. When putting down your exposed players, do you need to put all of your exposed players or just the minimum 2/1/1? It looks like everyone is putting the minimum requirement down so I'm guessing that's it but just wanted to double check.

Just the minimum. Make 100% sure those 4 players meet the requirements.
It's up to Vegas to look into your roster and find something they like and are allowed to take.
Your only job is to make sure you are compliant.
27 avr. 2017 à 9 h 42

Just the minimum. Make 100% sure those 4 players meet the requirements. It's up to Vegas to look into your roster and find something they like.

Alright great thanks.
27 avr. 2017 à 9 h 42
Go Habs Go

Just the minimum. Make 100% sure those 4 players meet the requirements. It's up to Vegas to look into your roster and find something they like.

Alright great thanks.

Not a problem. smile
27 avr. 2017 à 9 h 49
Hardcore Sabres fan
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,222
So does this look good?

Team: Carolina Hurricanes

GM name: Zach

Protected list:

Forwards
Skinner, Rask, Teravainen, Josh Bailey, Moulson, Grigorenko, and Mcginn

Defense
Trouba, Goligoski, Miller

Goaltender
Ullmark

Exposure requirements:

Forwards
Nordstrom and Moroz

Defense
Dahlbeck

Goaltender
Halak

Carolina already has a deal in place for Vegas to select Cam Ward and Philip Di Giuseppe for expansion.
27 avr. 2017 à 10 h 2
VegasGMV2.LeafsGMV1
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 177
Just to be clear....in expansion tool....black and Green checks mean they meet exposure requirements?
27 avr. 2017 à 10 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Quoting: Jdp
Just to be clear....in expansion tool....black and Green checks mean they meet exposure requirements?

Only green meets the mandatory requirements for exposure (40/70 rule, under contract in 2017-18. Black cannot be used for the 2-1-1 mandatory exposure requirement. I'm not certain if a player has a black checkmark was given a contract extension in the game can count as a green check, I think there was previous discussion on it but it wasn't finalized I don't think.
27 avr. 2017 à 10 h 15
VegasGMV2.LeafsGMV1
Quoting: matt59

Only green meets the mandatory requirements for exposure (40/70 rule, under contract in 2017-18. Black cannot be used for the 2-1-1 mandatory exposure requirement. I'm not certain if a player has a black checkmark was given a contract extension in the game can count as a green check, I think there was previous discussion on it but it wasn't finalized I don't think.

What does the black check mean then?
27 avr. 2017 à 10 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets

That means they meet the games played requirements (40/70 rule) but the player is not under contract in 2017-18. I'm checking with the other board members to see what the consensus on players with black checkmarks who have been given contract extensions in the game.
27 avr. 2017 à 10 h 18
VegasGMV2.LeafsGMV1

Ok...I see....if I have an rfa black check obviously tendering a qualifying offer means they become green instead of black
27 avr. 2017 à 10 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets

Ok...I see....if I have an rfa black check obviously tendering a qualifying offer means they become green instead of black

It should yes, or if you have already extended the RFA. When a board member gives a definitive answer on this I'll let you know.
27 avr. 2017 à 10 h 26
VegasGMV2.LeafsGMV1

It should yes, or if you have already extended the RFA. When a board member gives a definitive answer on this I'll let you know.

Ok thanks
matt59 a aimé ceci.
27 avr. 2017 à 10 h 42
Hardcore Sabres fan
Quoting: Zach
So does this look good?

Protected list:

Forwards

Defense

Goaltender
Ullmark

Exposure requirements:

Forwards
Nordstrom and Moroz

Defense
Dahlbeck

Goaltender
Halak

Carolina already has a deal in place for Vegas to select Cam Ward and Philip Di Giuseppe for expansion.

I have no idea how a post this size doesn't get a reply and gets burriedSticking Out Tongue
27 avr. 2017 à 10 h 43
Go Habs Go
So does this look good?

Protected list:

Forwards

Defense

Goaltender
Ullmark

Exposure requirements:

Forwards
Nordstrom and Moroz

Defense
Dahlbeck

Goaltender
Halak

Looks good except for formatting and you don't need to include your Vegas deal.
Umm... Vegas can't select 2 players from you anyway. I'm guessing that was an error in wording. Sticking Out Tongue
27 avr. 2017 à 10 h 47
Go Habs Go

Ok thanks

According to the rules, the player's current status in the CET (Capfriendly Expansion Tool) is their status for expansion purposes.
We have no rule in place to "change" black check marks into green check marks.
27 avr. 2017 à 11 h 6
Hardcore Sabres fan
So does this look good?

Protected list:

Forwards

Defense

Goaltender
Ullmark

Exposure requirements:

Forwards
Nordstrom and Moroz

Defense
Dahlbeck

Goaltender
Halak

Umm... Vegas can't select 2 players from you anyway. I'm guessing that was an error in wording. Sticking Out Tongue

No, it wasn't, I had to give Di Giuseppe as a sweetener for taking Cam Ward, and what is wrong with my formatting?
27 avr. 2017 à 11 h 11

No, it wasn't, I had to give Di Giuseppe as a sweetener for taking Cam Ward, and what is wrong with my formatting?

Just check the formatting of everybody who's submitted their list so far. It'll give you an idea

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage