Forums/GM Game

****Suggestions for the GM Game****

23 avr. 2017 à 10 h 17
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Quoting: matt59
Quoting: ricochetii
I'm going to suggest we tackle inactive GMs first tomorrow, shouldn't take too long, and then Expansion Draft, which shouldn't be too complicated either. Could pop off 2 items in one day and perhaps get started on the next in line, that being the draft. I won't be on any more tonight, so you can start a discussion thread for inactive GMs whenever you get on tomorrow if you'd like Matt.

Once we figure we have enough votes on the Vegas draft thing, we can finalize that and strike it off the list as well, but should let it breathe for 24 hours or so.

Ok sounds good. I'll make the inactive GMs thread tomorrow morning. It looks like the 48 hour window being ditched should pass with ease so we should be good to go early in the morning with the next topic of discussion (inactives, then expansion).

Inactive GM Discussion thread when you are ready. Once we've worked out a proposal, we can edit it into a vote as we did the thread from yesterday.
12 hours or so left to vote on the Vegas UFA (we can call that vote any time after the games tonight). Zero against so far, including Vegas, so I don't foresee it not passing.
matt59 a aimé ceci.
23 avr. 2017 à 10 h 18
Go Jackets
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,712
Morning y'all. 48 hour window is on its way to becoming a thing of the past it looks like. We'll start today with an inactive GMs thread as that's a pressing issue right now that should be easy to tackle.
23 avr. 2017 à 10 h 22
Go Jackets
Quoting: matt59
Morning y'all. 48 hour window is on its way to becoming a thing of the past it looks like. We'll start today with an inactive GMs thread as that's a pressing issue right now that should be easy to tackle.

Inactive GM thread is Live now.
23 avr. 2017 à 14 h 37
Go Habs Go
If those rules work for inactive GMs, it gives Dallas until tomorrow night (which I'm sorry for as I know people are waiting, but I think a week is the right timeline for now).
After 5 days of inactivity, there's an automatic 48 hour grace period until the GM is replaced after 7 days. That way we can find/prepare someone to take over and make attempts to contact them if possible before removing them. If people want it could be reduced at a future date, but I think it works for now.

I think expansion draft should still be next. It should be a fairly easy issue, it's just crossing T's and dotting I's.

After that, we'll have to take a breather and deal with the GM Committee thing.
matt59 a aimé ceci.
24 avr. 2017 à 0 h 19
Go Habs Go
I don't have the energy to deal with the GM Committee and Rangers stuff tonight. I propose that we get started on that later tomorrow. Probably wait until the Dallas deadline has passed?
24 avr. 2017 à 0 h 22
Go Jackets
I don't have the energy to deal with the GM Committee and Rangers stuff tonight. I propose that we get started on that later tomorrow. Probably wait until the Dallas deadline has passed?

Yeah I agree. Let wait until tomorrow afternoon or night even before getting to that. Now that expansion is out of the way, we just need to set dates and then we can ease the pace a bit.
24 avr. 2017 à 13 h 1
Go Habs Go
Looks like we aren't being given a choice. We'll have to put Expansion rules on the back burner and deal with this. I'll put a thread up.
matt59 a aimé ceci.
24 avr. 2017 à 17 h 37
Habs fan French
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 222
What for Russian Players
24 avr. 2017 à 17 h 41
Go Habs Go
Quoting: plNHL
What for Russian Players

You mean for free agency? I guess we'll have to come up with something when we work on the free agency rules.
Nothing decided yet, and they can't be signed until then anyway.
24 avr. 2017 à 18 h 11
Habs fan French
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 222
Quoting: plNHL
What for Russian Players

You mean for free agency? I guess we'll have to come up with something when we work on the free agency rules.
Nothing decided yet, and they can't be signed until then anyway.

ok good
24 avr. 2017 à 18 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,735
Fellow GM's!!

Please vote in the expansion draft rule updates that has been set up here:

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/57039

We need people to vote so we can go ahead with expansion!

Go go go!
24 avr. 2017 à 22 h 18
Go Habs Go
Protection List Sample ... (Just leaving this here for later. Ignore it in case I change something)

Colorado
Colorado Avalanche

Exposed Forwards: Yakupov, Richardson
Exposed Defense: Lovejoy
Exposed Goaltender: Lack

Protected Forwards: MacKinnon, Zucker, Couturier, Pominville
Protected Defense: Barrie, Gelinas, Zadorov, Marchenko
Protected Goalie: Stolarz

Template:
------------
[Insert Team Name]
[Insert Logo]

Exposed Forwards (2):
Exposed Defense (1):
Exposed Goaltender (1):

Protected Forwards (7):
Protected Defense (3):
Protected Goalie (1):
DirtyRebound a aimé ceci.
27 avr. 2017 à 10 h 50
VegasGMV2.LeafsGMV1
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 177
Was it decided for lottery that we are going with the official nhl results for the order to avoid any issues?
27 avr. 2017 à 10 h 53
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 126
Quoting: Jdp
Was it decided for lottery that we are going with the official nhl results for the order to avoid any issues?

I didn't even think of using the lottery simulator. What a twist that would be. Easier to go with NHL results IMO, less discrepancy
27 avr. 2017 à 10 h 56
Go Habs Go

Yup. Official lottery result has been the plan all along. Unless something changes, and I don't see that happening.
27 avr. 2017 à 11 h 21
VegasGMV2.LeafsGMV1
Mentions "j'aime": 177

Yup. Official lottery result has been the plan all along. Unless something changes, and I don't see that happening.

Ok good.... I don't have a pony in the race but think that's the best way...I thought I saw a thread before discussing different scenarios for our own draw but lost track of the discussion
27 avr. 2017 à 12 h 0
Démarrer sujet
When do we find out the lottery draw?
27 avr. 2017 à 12 h 1
Hardcore Sabres fan
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,222
Quoting: F50marco

April 29th
27 avr. 2017 à 12 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Zach
Quoting: F50marco

April 29th

Oh really? That soon. Nice!
14 juill. 2017 à 14 h 13
ItsInTheNet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 89
Modifié 14 juill. 2017 à 14 h 20
I was thinking of a way we could judge someone to be the winner of this game. I suggest we turn it into a fantasy type tracking game and people get points based on production. This would make the site's coders have a lot of work doing coding, but I think we could come up with a system that allows them to enter formula's that would do the work everyday for them.
I suggest something doing something like this:

I'll just give an example of Goals scored at the NHL level:
1 goal could equal = .05 points which would make 5 goals = .25 points which would make 20 goals worth 1 point. However there would be a 20goal bonus point, since it's a well respected number league wide. So for totaling 20 goals, you'd receive 2 points. The natural point that was built all the way through and that extra bonus point is added in. The next marker would be 30 goals in which you'd receive another bonus point. So for 30 goals your player would have amassed 1.5 points naturally by the system, but also received 2 bonus points for hitting the mile stones, so he'd be worth 3.5 points for goals. At the 40 goal mile stone I suggest it's a 2 point bonus, since it's very rare and only a small handful of players could amass such a total. For totaling 40 goals your player would then be worth the 2 Natural points, but also the 4 bonus points built in so the total would be 6 points of value at that point. For 50 another 2 point bonus is given, so it'd be 2.5 points naturally + 1 for 20 goal bonus + 1 for 30 goal bonus + 2 for 40 goal bonus + 2 for 50 goal bonus and it'd equal 8.5 worth of value for hitting that number. If there was a 60 goal scorer it'd be another 2 bonus points.

The system would run off of Goal's, Assists, Points, +/-, PIM, Atoi rounded down, Wins, SP%, G.AA and any other effective stats we could come up with.

We would not simply just record and value these numbers at the NHL level, but at the lower levels too. They would hold less value though as it's not as important.

For a Prospect in the CHL I think we could do like .015 for a goal, since the league is less valuable. I think prospects should get their bonus which could be .25 for hitting 20 goals, .25 more for 30 .5 more for 40 and so on.... But I feel they should also be eligible for another type of Bonus. I have a subscription to THN (The Hockey News) and they do a ranking of each prospect by team league wide. THN is a fair, Honest and Generic Magazine that takes into account multiple scouts opinions league wide and asks them their ranking for the team they cover in particular and then has the scouts submit a top 50 ranking of prospects league wide. I think a prospect should earn about .5 for being in their teams top 10, another .5 for being in their teams top 5 and a +1 point bonus for being their teams top prospect. Also a .5 Bonus for being top 50 league wide, .5 bonus more for being top 20 league wide and 1 point bonus for being top 5 league wide. If the prospect was the top of his team and outside the top 50 prospects he'd be worth 2 points, just by being an upper end prospect for his team. If he was top of his team and top 20 league wide he'd be valued at 3 points. If he was top on his team and top 4 he'd make 5 points, not even counting his game produced numbers. Where this goes off on a tangent is that I believe the magazine comes out after over half the year is over and they don't include prospects with around 50 games of NHL experience . That would lead into some trouble, but could be canceled out by a voting system by the council. If they vote the prospect a top 10 guy for his team he still gets the bonus, if they vote him a top 5 guy for his team he gets the bonus, if they vote him the #1 guy he gets the bonus and then they vote on his league wide ranking as well. Basically this would make guys who are Prospects who make the NHL pretty valuable, even though they'll likely only score a small amount at the NHL level in their first year. The guys who score big points in the NHL would naturally be worth a ton and would be seen that way by us as well. Would you rather have Alex Ovechkin who, lets say scored 40goals on the nose and was worth 6 points at that stage, or Clayton Keller if he scored 30 goals at the NHL Level? In the system Keller would get those extra 2 points for being a #1 prospect for his team and then the bonus for his ranking league wide. If he was the top prospect league wide then he'd be worth 8 points and more than a guy like Ovechkin. Which I feel would be deserved as I believe we'd all look at him as higher trade value than Ovechkin at that point, if he did net 30 his rookie year, he'd project as a franchise player and is so young he'd be like an Eichel or Laine or Matthews, so the system seems to be balanced enough to work out. Personally I don't think many rookies are going to do that well, so this is a minor thing really, but it had to be taken into consideration. Also, once a player has over 150 NHL games on their resume: they should no longer be qualified to be a "prospect" IMO.

There will need to be tweaks to this system and I don't want this to be "My thing" if it's considered a good idea of how to determine an ultimate winner. I believe if people think this is a reasonable way to track things then we should proceed from here and build the system outward. I think we should have it that This site does the coding and sets things up for the NHL level players (if they are willing to) and We personally have to track our prospects and submit a point total that one of the council members would then check to make sure it's legit for all the players outside of the NHL. That way we don't give the site an entire boatload of stuff to do for coding.

Hopefully this all makes sense, it was really long to try to explain.
nobody a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2017 à 15 h 39
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
With the whole "determining a winner", there was no formulated description, so we shouldnt try to make one right now. based on the v2 plan (per myself and another GM), we have devised a winning formula to better seek out a winner, purely based on math.

With the idea of determining a winner for this game, we need to just make polls and have everyone vote on the categories that Krak laid out.

The idea that TCS has is too complicated for determining a winner about 4/5 months into the Game.

I suggest that the best way to construct a winner for this BETA version is to have polls and have GMs nominate other GMs for the best catagories, since we are getting crunched for time. My idea is that we have v2 running two weeks prior to the regular season, and with FA still yet to start, we cannot spend time that we don't have a determining a winner for the BETA game.
14 juill. 2017 à 15 h 48
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
Quoting: phillyjabroni
With the whole "determining a winner", there was no formulated description, so we shouldnt try to make one right now. based on the v2 plan (per myself and another GM), we have devised a winning formula to better seek out a winner, purely based on math.

With the idea of determining a winner for this game, we need to just make polls and have everyone vote on the categories that Krak laid out.

The idea that TCS has is too complicated for determining a winner about 4/5 months into the Game.

I suggest that the best way to construct a winner for this BETA version is to have polls and have GMs nominate other GMs for the best catagories, since we are getting crunched for time. My idea is that we have v2 running two weeks prior to the regular season, and with FA still yet to start, we cannot spend time that we don't have a determining a winner for the BETA game.

The BOG has already passed the motion to have our "awards" season. The date is TBD
14 juill. 2017 à 15 h 52
Quoting: DavidBooth7

The BOG has already passed the motion to have our "awards" season. The date is TBD

Thats great, I love the idea of having superlatives, just don't want to have any more time spent on them when FA and other things *cough v2 cough* needs to happen haha
14 juill. 2017 à 16 h 15
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052

Thats great, I love the idea of having superlatives, just don't want to have any more time spent on them when FA and other things *cough v2 cough* needs to happen haha

Well other things *cough v2 cough* aren't a for-sure thing to happen. Nor should it be on the agenda for the time being. All V2 will happen in August at very earliest
14 juill. 2017 à 16 h 20

Well other things *cough v2 cough* aren't a for-sure thing to happen. Nor should it be on the agenda for the time being. All V2 will happen in August at very earliest

I know they aren't but that can be dealt with around August. plan had September 15th I think as start date. No rush, just priorities

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage