Forums/Armchair-GM

TDL 2022

Créé par: KDow88
Équipe: 2021-22 Oilers d'Edmonton
Date de création initiale: 9 févr. 2022
Publié: 9 févr. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Why does Tipp keep playing Yamamoto in the top 6, he's had sooooooooo many oppotunities playing with McDavid and Draisaitl over his entire career and has been completely useless-minus the NYE to Covid Pause.. But before and since then has been mediocre at best, yes he tries hard and has a bit of the "Rudy" mentality, but he also has the same talent level as him, which is just not good enough for a player who is looked/counted upon to produce results needed in that role. But it's not that he's not even producing, it's the fact that he doesn't really try, claims he worked on his shot this past off season, yet I believe he has less shots on goal than Hyman does, and Hyman missed games, and it's almost double.. That right there should tell you everything about Yamamoto and how he has "progressed" on a "show me" deal he is currently on, what he's shown is that he's NOT the answer the Oilers are looking for in the Top 6, at least Jesse P when given the "show me" deal he's on has actually produced, and yes he's slumping a bit right now, but it's not for a lack of effort or getting his attempts, eventually it will start to come again for him, whereas I don't see this for Yamamoto. Having said this, I would propose a deal using him as a package piece to possibly free up cap space, while maybe acquiring a 3rd Pairing LHD need w/more than just this season left on their current deal, so MAYBE you don't need to part with picks while acquiring the asset.- save them for the goalie NEED instead... Plus w/ Holloway set to join the team likely around the deadline, possibly sooner than that, Yammo becomes very very expendable.. IF Seattle preferred to take another Washington state product in Ryan over Turris that would be even better for Edmonton, Turris can go to the minors for cap purposes, while Perlini and Benson get some more games in with Shore and/or McLeod C them on the 3rd or 4th lines.. I've also been very patient as a fan with Kassian and understand he's a great locker room guy and can be hard to play against/toughness/grit they need, but, at $3.2m as a caphit for another 2 years after this it's just not worth it, so if there were any takers at this point I would try offload him for cap purposes going forward, in a perfect world, somebody like Austin Watson who is less than half his caphit, would be ideal, plays 4th line, similar style BUT also kills penalties, maybe Ottawa would like to take Kassian's caphit to ensure they stay above the floor, with a mid-late round pick sweetener.. If this were to happen, the cap savings would also give Archibald eligibility to return and should he return this year and the Oilers need him, which I would prefer him over Ryan at this point.... Again, these are merely musings, I'd try make it happen, but not holding my breathe whatsoever...
Transactions
SEA
  1. Turris, Kyle
  2. Yamamoto, Kailer
Détails additionnels:
Unloads Turris' caphit, while giving up a young F from the Seattle area for a perfect 3pairing D with another year on his deal..
NYI
  1. Koskinen, Mikko
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
Need to offload this caphit for the remainder of the season to make the deal work.. + Conditional 3rd, if Keith's condition is picked up, and the Oilers make it past the 2rd round with Varly playing 50% of the games, they get this years 3rd as well(because the Hawks will have Edmonton's 2nd at this point)
OTT
  1. Kassian, Zack
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2023 (EDM)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $80 105 664 $669 339 $907 500 $1 394 336 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 4
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
UFA - 5
1 175 000 $1 175 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
2 108 696 $2 108 696 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 1
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 8
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 7
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
834 167 $834 167 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
C
RFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 600 000 $5 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
Logo de Islanders de New York
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 538 462 $5 538 462 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 2
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
G
UFA - 2
Logo de Kraken de Seattle
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
725 000 $725 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
4 167 000 $4 167 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
9 févr. 2022 à 10 h 47
Most rational person
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 152
it makes no sense to lose your 3 punch.

the loss in the game last night was mainly due to 2 terrible plays by barrie and the fact smith didnt go to bako for conditionning.

i do like soucy but giving up yamamoto for him seems a bit much.

I also think benson deserves at least a few games alongside draisaitl.
9 févr. 2022 à 10 h 57
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,728
Sens wouldn't be interested in that
9 févr. 2022 à 11 h 2
Démarrer sujet
KDow88
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 148
Quoting: jacobla
it makes no sense to lose your 3 punch.

the loss in the game last night was mainly due to 2 terrible plays by barrie and the fact smith didnt go to bako for conditionning.

i do like soucy but giving up yamamoto for him seems a bit much.

I also think benson deserves at least a few games alongside draisaitl.

My thought if you give up Kassian for Watson you're saving Cap Space while still getting a good tough 4th line guy who can kill penalties, basically a less offensive Kassian, BUT, Kassian hasn't been producing the way he did when he signed the deal, and looks like he's lost or has 0 confidence in his offensive game.. But, it also gives them the ability to bring Holloway up to play on the 3rd line with Foegele and McLeod, easing him into the league, but elevating him randomly, OR IF Archibald does return and can play and they want him on the team he can play in the bottom 6 and start hitting guys, because they don't do this enough with the current bottom 6.. And, my point for dealing Yamamoto/Turris(or Ryan-would prefer this for cap purposes next season) for Soucy would be to unload Cap to acquire a good 3rd pairing Left D, Yamamoto is not as valuable as Oiler fans want him to be, yes he was a 1st round pick a few years ago and still young, but he just does not fit anymore, he's a 3rd line winger at best.. I wouldn't mind Benson getting some opps in the top6 or 9 even, but I wish Tipp would take a page out of Cassidy and Bednar's playbook and put Connor and Leon together with Pupu on the wing to dominate teams while also getting Kane-Nuge-Hyman as the 2rd line and having a solid 3rd line that can score, and 4th line that can crash and bang... And I am beyond over Smith and Koskinen and hoping they can stay healthy or regain the forum from last season, or pre-vid play, absolutely 0 confidence this tandem can get the team past the 1st round let alone win a cup....
ceeque84 a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2022 à 11 h 3
Islanders Fan
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,764
Going to take a 1st for NYI to make that trade now. In the offseason I could see the price dropping a bit. But that's not enough
9 févr. 2022 à 11 h 4
Démarrer sujet
KDow88
Quoting: Xspyrit
Sens wouldn't be interested in that

Yeah, I figure they wouldn't which is why I threw a pick in there to try persuade them a bit, and hope they would want/need the caphit for another year or 2 after this one...
9 févr. 2022 à 11 h 5
Démarrer sujet
KDow88
Quoting: joshelkin
Going to take a 1st for NYI to make that trade now. In the offseason I could see the price dropping a bit. But that's not enough

I've seen far too many Islanders fans thinking a 1st is unlikely, so maybe it's a conditional pick...
9 févr. 2022 à 11 h 14
Islanders Fan
Quoting: KDow88
I've seen far too many Islanders fans thinking a 1st is unlikely, so maybe it's a conditional pick...

I've seen the exact opposite lol - Varly for a 1st is incredibly reasonable IMO

Varly has losses in 3 of his last 4 starts meanwhile has posted .930SV% - what more does he have to do? Team isn't scoring in front of him For the season, Varly's save percentage is .916 - which is EXACTLY his career average. His GAA of 2.57 is BELOW his career average of 2.63. This is all after missing the entirety of training camp and the beginning of the season. He had rust to knock off after a leg injury last playoffs. He is every bit the same goaltender and hasn't regressed. The problem is the team in front of him at the moment.
9 févr. 2022 à 11 h 35
Démarrer sujet
KDow88
Quoting: joshelkin
I've seen the exact opposite lol - Varly for a 1st is incredibly reasonable IMO

Varly has losses in 3 of his last 4 starts meanwhile has posted .930SV% - what more does he have to do? Team isn't scoring in front of him For the season, Varly's save percentage is .916 - which is EXACTLY his career average. His GAA of 2.57 is BELOW his career average of 2.63. This is all after missing the entirety of training camp and the beginning of the season. He had rust to knock off after a leg injury last playoffs. He is every bit the same goaltender and hasn't regressed. The problem is the team in front of him at the moment.

Not disputing it, I would be willing to give up the 1st for Varly, but based on his injury history AND Smith's, I would want a condition for games played to do so.. From what I see, there are only 2 teams that are in the goalie market that are playoff contenders, Washington and Edmonton, so at the end of the day, do you think Washington would be willing o give up a 1st for Varly, while likely giving up Vanacek or Samsonov in the process(even though they don't really require a young goalie in return)...
joshelkin a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2022 à 12 h 57
Islanders Fan
Quoting: KDow88
Not disputing it, I would be willing to give up the 1st for Varly, but based on his injury history AND Smith's, I would want a condition for games played to do so.. From what I see, there are only 2 teams that are in the goalie market that are playoff contenders, Washington and Edmonton, so at the end of the day, do you think Washington would be willing o give up a 1st for Varly, while likely giving up Vanacek or Samsonov in the process(even though they don't really require a young goalie in return)...

For sure. I think if you are getting Vanecek or Samsonov back it'll obviously drop down the return from a 1st round pick as they are at least somewhat valuable if extended.

I'd take Varly for Koskinen and a 1st

or

Varly for Samsonov/Vanecek and a 2nd
9 févr. 2022 à 13 h 28
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 328
as much as I dislike Watson as a player I could not bring myself to making that trade

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage