Forums/Armchair-GM

Sweeney Neely Cassidy fired

Créé par: CMcAvoy73
Équipe: 2022-23 Bruins de Boston
Date de création initiale: 4 janv. 2022
Publié: 4 janv. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This management team is horrific, and pretty much have been from day one. Clean house. It’s the only way to move on from some of the recent mistakes Sweeney has made.
The Signings:
Bergeron gets an easily attainable (low games played) performance bonus bringing his total contract to $6M, allowing the team to add at the deadline with a carry over if necessary.
Hertl: I’m sure there are some wackadoos that somehow think he’s an $8M player, but i just don’t think the bidding gets that aggressive on him. I think $7M is probably the max he gets
Lindholm: I think he’s a perfect fit with McAvoy. I’m hoping he hits UFA.

Room for a couple forwards to be added as scratches. Also room for Moore to be moved out for cap savings if necessary.

Trades:
Debrusk goes to Seattle where they have the opportunity to give him a one year trial in the top six to see if he can get back to that 30 goal pace scoring. Reilly has been good, he’s been bad. Normally I would be fine with the bruins keeping him, but they need to make room on the left side. Very minimal risk for seattle.
Coyotes get a little closer to the cap floor with an okay player. It just hasn’t worked in boston. Coyotes move up a round, and a year in the draft.
The Kuemper experiment hasn’t worked in Colorado. Ullmark hasn’t necessarily been bad in boston. The numbers are pretty good, and hes cost controlled. But Tuukka is the best goaltender in franchise history. He and swayman form a duo with Swayman slowly taking more and more starts.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 100 000 $
11 300 000 $
1975 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
13 000 000 $
76 500 000 $
12 000 000 $
77 000 000 $
1850 000 $
Transactions
BOS
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (CGY)
SEA
BOS
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (ARI)
ARI
  1. Haula, Erik
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (CGY)
BOS
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (COL)
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de CGY
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de COL
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de ARI
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $80 529 167 $0 $150 000 $1 970 833 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C
UFA - 8
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 666 667 $6 666 667 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
AG, C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AD, C
RFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
975 000 $975 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 8
Logo de Bruins de Boston
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 8
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 687 500 $3 687 500 $
DG
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DD
UFA - 5
Logo de Bruins de Boston
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance150 000 $$150K)
G
RFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
C, AD
UFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
4 janv. 2022 à 20 h 34
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 12,187
Quoting: CMcAvoy73
Any concern that he’ll want to test UFA?

Potentially. Wouldn’t extend him yet, need him to continue getting into a groove and see what they really have there.
Remember avs have been destroyed all season with injuries and covid, now they are healthy. So let’s see what kuemper really does with the full team in front of him

If he wants to test ufa I would be all about the trade but if he’s willing to sign, they run with him. They have been interested in him for a while
4 janv. 2022 à 20 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,585
Quoting: coga16
Potentially. Wouldn’t extend him yet, need him to continue getting into a groove and see what they really have there.
Remember avs have been destroyed all season with injuries and covid, now they are healthy. So let’s see what kuemper really does with the full team in front of him

If he wants to test ufa I would be all about the trade but if he’s willing to sign, they run with him. They have been interested in him for a while

Valuable information.

Out of curiosity if he finished strong and wanted six years and seven per, would you personally prefer that, or giving up a 2nd for Ullmark at 3x5?
4 janv. 2022 à 20 h 37
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 12,187
Valuable information.

Out of curiosity if he finished strong and wanted six years and seven per, would you personally prefer that, or giving up a 2nd for Ullmark at 3x5?

If he asks for that. Avs walk. They wouldn’t give grubi 6x6 so no way they just spend more on a goalie the following season

If he asks for a dumb contract avs go goalie shopping again
4 janv. 2022 à 23 h 10
Bruins fan
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 312
Any reason we only got a 4th for Reilly AND debrusk? Reilly hasn't been great, but debrusk drew looks from a lot of teams. Plus seattle has enough dmen. Doubt they'd really want Reilly.
4 janv. 2022 à 23 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Skull_King
Any reason we only got a 4th for Reilly AND debrusk? Reilly hasn't been great, but debrusk drew looks from a lot of teams. Plus seattle has enough dmen. Doubt they'd really want Reilly.

Off season move. This is for debrusks RFA rights, and to ditch reilly. I’m assuming seattle will have lost giordano
4 janv. 2022 à 23 h 16
Bruins fan
Off season move. This is for debrusks RFA rights, and to ditch reilly. I’m assuming seattle will have lost giordano

Oh I see. Only conundrum with that would be he already requested a trade and I figured it would come before or around the deadline.
4 janv. 2022 à 23 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Oh I see. Only conundrum with that would be he already requested a trade and I figured it would come before or around the deadline.

He also said he wouldn’t be an issue and he would continue to play. I’m sure he understands his lackluster play has made a trade difficult to facilitate. Frankly i think if the bruins got rid of Sweeney and Cassidy he might stick around. This management group is the kiss of death.
Skull_King a aimé ceci.
5 janv. 2022 à 9 h 34
Bruins fan
He also said he wouldn’t be an issue and he would continue to play. I’m sure he understands his lackluster play has made a trade difficult to facilitate. Frankly i think if the bruins got rid of Sweeney and Cassidy he might stick around. This management group is the kiss of death.

Yeah that could be the case. Yeah this management is terrible at developing prospects. Studnicka could've been something already. I think debrusks biggest problem is Cassidy. Just before he requested a trade he got scratched, even tho he was putting in effort.
5 janv. 2022 à 10 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Yeah that could be the case. Yeah this management is terrible at developing prospects. Studnicka could've been something already. I think debrusks biggest problem is Cassidy. Just before he requested a trade he got scratched, even tho he was putting in effort.

Yup. Stuck him with a black hole of a center, and their natural response was to put him in the press box rather than try something else. Painfully obvious this group is failing.
Skull_King a aimé ceci.
5 janv. 2022 à 14 h 25
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,764
Yup. Stuck him with a black hole of a center, and their natural response was to put him in the press box rather than try something else. Painfully obvious this group is failing.

as someone who is a debrusk fan, i think they didnt address the 2c position well. i think they overpaid coyle and are gunna be screwed when bergeron leaves in a couple years. That being said. sweeney inheritted a mess in 2015. disgruntled players, bad cap hits, etc. claude was still coach (hated claude's system) you think debrusk would have succeeded at all under him? Bruce has done a decent job. sweeney has done a decent job, find me any team in the league that has a future stud goalie, and 2 stalwart dmen that werent top picks in the draft. sweeneys highest pick has been mcavoy. theres 2 years they didnt have firsts. and there was NOTHING in the prospect pool when he arrived. (pastrnak was in the nhl already). some of the signings werent great, backes was 2 years too long but i dont think they thought he would fall off nearly as quickly as he did. Beleskey got hurt never bounced back, they could have put that money back into lucic or loui eriksson... so i mean not all terrible. i really think the issue is with the jacobs ownership directing the gm on how to do his job vs sweeney making terrible moves all the time. his trade history really isnt that bad, theres bad trades there sure but hes made a few good ones, and hes made a bunch of good free agent moves including alot of his own guys.
5 janv. 2022 à 15 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: hanson493
as someone who is a debrusk fan, i think they didnt address the 2c position well. i think they overpaid coyle and are gunna be screwed when bergeron leaves in a couple years. That being said. sweeney inheritted a mess in 2015. disgruntled players, bad cap hits, etc. claude was still coach (hated claude's system) you think debrusk would have succeeded at all under him? Bruce has done a decent job. sweeney has done a decent job, find me any team in the league that has a future stud goalie, and 2 stalwart dmen that werent top picks in the draft. sweeneys highest pick has been mcavoy. theres 2 years they didnt have firsts. and there was NOTHING in the prospect pool when he arrived. (pastrnak was in the nhl already). some of the signings werent great, backes was 2 years too long but i dont think they thought he would fall off nearly as quickly as he did. Beleskey got hurt never bounced back, they could have put that money back into lucic or loui eriksson... so i mean not all terrible. i really think the issue is with the jacobs ownership directing the gm on how to do his job vs sweeney making terrible moves all the time. his trade history really isnt that bad, theres bad trades there sure but hes made a few good ones, and hes made a bunch of good free agent moves including alot of his own guys.

Actually, Zboril was Sweeney’s highest pick.

Sweeney has done a horrid job.
Cassidy is basically younger Claude. He’s meant to handle a team chalk full of vets. League doesn’t work that way anymore. Youth is needed, and if you can’t work to try to juggle the lineup in the first month to find a group that works, and just revert back to going to the grinders, you’re lost.

The Jacob’s line is old, tired, and stupid. Why the hell would they be paying a GM AND a president of hockey ops if ownership was making the decisions. Ridiculous. Sweeney sucks. It’s okay. Bruins fans can admit it. He’s really really really bad at his job.
5 janv. 2022 à 15 h 52
Actually, Zboril was Sweeney’s highest pick.

Sweeney has done a horrid job.
Cassidy is basically younger Claude. He’s meant to handle a team chalk full of vets. League doesn’t work that way anymore. Youth is needed, and if you can’t work to try to juggle the lineup in the first month to find a group that works, and just revert back to going to the grinders, you’re lost.

The Jacob’s line is old, tired, and stupid. Why the hell would they be paying a GM AND a president of hockey ops if ownership was making the decisions. Ridiculous. Sweeney sucks. It’s okay. Bruins fans can admit it. He’s really really really bad at his job.

Because why else when you're old team places 5th in the atlantic do you become buyers when you have nothing to really build around. FOR 3 EFFING YEARS. look at those 15-16, 16-17, and 17-18 teams and tell me why we should have been buyers in any of those years. They should have tanked for 2 years gotten a great influx of young talent and reset the team. Instead the owner wanted the playoff revenue. Neely is a scapegoat, former player great that i dont think has much say except takes the face when things go bad.

Cassidy hasnt juggled the lineup to start the year to get guys going???? excuse me? what else do you want cassidy to do with the team hes got right now. only thing you can do is bring in studnicka and if he gives you nothing then what?
5 janv. 2022 à 15 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Because why else when you're old team places 5th in the atlantic do you become buyers when you have nothing to really build around. FOR 3 EFFING YEARS. look at those 15-16, 16-17, and 17-18 teams and tell me why we should have been buyers in any of those years. They should have tanked for 2 years gotten a great influx of young talent and reset the team. Instead the owner wanted the playoff revenue. Neely is a scapegoat, former player great that i dont think has much say except takes the face when things go bad.

Cassidy hasnt juggled the lineup to start the year to get guys going???? excuse me? what else do you want cassidy to do with the team hes got right now. only thing you can do is bring in studnicka and if he gives you nothing then what?

I’ve specifically stated it. Try debrusk with someone other than haula BEFORE putting him in the press box? Get it.

Blah blah blah boogie man Jacobs is the problem. Kinda crap you hear on boston talk radio.
5 janv. 2022 à 21 h 4
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 326

DeBrusk's biggest problem is DeBrusk. It's a business. Outperform somebody. Produce or move aside. Best for him and the Bruins that they each go their separate ways. Cassidy gets the best out of his best players which is what good coaches do. With the lineup moves he is getting the best out of his role players the last three games. Will that continue when they start playing strong teams? Probably not but that is a talent (GM) issue not a coaching issue.
5 janv. 2022 à 21 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: BruinsCharlies
DeBrusk's biggest problem is DeBrusk. It's a business. Outperform somebody. Produce or move aside. Best for him and the Bruins that they each go their separate ways. Cassidy gets the best out of his best players which is what good coaches do. With the lineup moves he is getting the best out of his role players the last three games. Will that continue when they start playing strong teams? Probably not but that is a talent (GM) issue not a coaching issue.

He certainly needed to play better, but the bruins did him zero favors. Start him with haula, things don’t look great…benched. Marchands out, give him a look with bergeron, get him going. Nope. 9th floor. It’s poor management as well.
6 janv. 2022 à 8 h 47
He certainly needed to play better, but the bruins did him zero favors. Start him with haula, things don’t look great…benched. Marchands out, give him a look with bergeron, get him going. Nope. 9th floor. It’s poor management as well.

entire team wasnt going. why do you single a certain guy out? ide rather hall gets 1 line nod and maybe he gets going, or smith who is a legit proven 20+ year in year out goal scorer. then you bump debrusk up to line 2, or you move foligno to line 2 to get him going because he got hurt and his game hasnt clicked yet. while yes haula has been the predominant player with debrusk this year... hes also played with lazar, nosek, foligno, smith, coyle significant 5v5 minutes.

Not only that but marchand is out for a few games why are you disrupting multiple lines when early season chemistry is still building, schedule was messed up. the team has looked alot better in the first few games of 2022.

You act like bruce cassidy is the boogieman out to get rookies, he wants responsible hockey, if you arent scoring goals you have to back check and do the little things (which debrusk doesnt want to do)... i.e. why hes been sent to the 9th floor a bunch. Debrusk needed to prove his worth and since covid its like he just bagged it in and said im good with this team.
6 janv. 2022 à 8 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Banni
entire team wasnt going. why do you single a certain guy out? ide rather hall gets 1 line nod and maybe he gets going, or smith who is a legit proven 20+ year in year out goal scorer. then you bump debrusk up to line 2, or you move foligno to line 2 to get him going because he got hurt and his game hasnt clicked yet. while yes haula has been the predominant player with debrusk this year... hes also played with lazar, nosek, foligno, smith, coyle significant 5v5 minutes.

Not only that but marchand is out for a few games why are you disrupting multiple lines when early season chemistry is still building, schedule was messed up. the team has looked alot better in the first few games of 2022.

You act like bruce cassidy is the boogieman out to get rookies, he wants responsible hockey, if you arent scoring goals you have to back check and do the little things (which debrusk doesnt want to do)... i.e. why hes been sent to the 9th floor a bunch. Debrusk needed to prove his worth and since covid its like he just bagged it in and said im good with this team.

Because that single guy was the single guy that got sent to the press box.
6 janv. 2022 à 10 h 20
Because that single guy was the single guy that got sent to the press box.

haula was a HS too... what are you talking about? literally at the same time as debrusk so get off your debrusk is being shafted high-horse and watch the games. kids not fully there, look at his shot % AGAIN. like i said cassidy wants guys to be all in if they arent scoring, and debrusk isnt doing the little things when he isnt scoring. its pretty apparent. they are trying to recoup some value on the kid but hes looking like a lost cause here. which you know theyll trade him and he will go back to being a 40+ point winger and a 20 goal scorer.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage