Forums/Armchair-GM

Bruins Prospect Update Part 3

Créé par: BruinsFan35
Équipe: 2021-22 Bruins de Boston
Date de création initiale: 16 nov. 2021
Publié: 16 nov. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
These are in the same order that I wrote them last time, with new updates at the end.

Fabian Lysell: I think he's found his groove in the WHL, and he's been excellent whenever he's on the ice. Last update, Lysell had played 5 games and had racked up 8 points. Since then, he has posted a respectable 3 goals and 13 points in 12 games, with 5 assists in the 7 games he's played since the last update. Lysell's ability to see the ice around him and anticipate his teammates movements is what makes him such a great playmaker, and his speed and puck handling ability in 1-on-1 situations makes him a tough contest for the best defensemen the WHL has.

Brett Harrison: In my last update, I noted that Harrison has been a complete offensive player that can beat the defense in any number of ways. That has certainly remained true up to this point, as Harrison is boasting 8 goals and 7 assists in 12 games as of today in the OHL. Like last update, what stuck out to me the most with Harrison was his ability to utilize his big frame to gain advantageous positioning in the offensive zone and his consistent output of effort every time he touches the ice. Harrison should be on the radar of every Bruins fan, as we may have found ourselves somewhat of a gem in the third round.

Jake Schmaltz: Schmaltz has cooled off considerably since the last update, which I expected. He's still boasting a 4-5-9 stat line through 11 games as a freshman for North Dakota, so he's still been impressive. However, the offense hasn't been there for him over the past couple of games. Instead, his defensive prowess has been tested more recently, and his hockey IQ is still on full display, it's just not showing up on the stat sheet. He's still been playing at a very high level, and I'd be surprised if he didn't find the back of the net sooner rather than later with how he's been playing.

Quinn Olson: In the last update, Olson has posted 2 goals and 3 assists (5 points) in 6 games for Minnesota-Duluth. Now, he's got 2 goals, 5 assists for 7 points in 10 games, and I think his lack of speed is starting to catch up to him, as defenders are pressing up on him more often when he gets the puck, forcing him to chip the puck by them and try to outstate them to the puck, which he often fails to do. Improving his skating will be pivotal if he wants to ever sniff NHL, or even AHL action. He's still a offensive threat, especially if the offense is sustained in the offensive zone, as he's largely ineffective off of the rush. It'll be interesting to monitor his development throughout the rest of the NCAA season.

Ty Gallagher: Last time I updated you guys on the prospects, I'd said that Gallagher had 4 assists in 8 games, and that "I'd expect a goal or two in the near future, as his shot is a strength of his." Since then, in 4 games played since my previous update, Gallagher has 2 goals. His shot is a weapon, and he uses it frequently. Gallagher looks more and more like a complete two-way defenseman as the season goes on, he's really finding his groove in the defensive end. He's a well-rounded player that has no real weaknesses left to be exposed at the NCAA level, but moving up to the AHL in a couple of years (he's only a freshman) will mean continuing to develop his overall game, getting faster and stronger and working on becoming dominant at the NCAA level. Keep an eye on him this year and next, as he could be someone who flies under the radar then surprises everyone a few years down the line.

Trevor Kuntar: Last update, Kuntar had produced 2 goals and 4 assists through 8 games for the BC Eagles, and I'd noted that he was a pest to play against with his size-skating-shot combo. That has held true up to now, and Kuntar has continued to score goals, now with 4 goals and 4 assists through 12 NCAA games. One thing that Kuntar needs to start caring more about is the defensive side of the game, as bringing as much effort to the backcheck that he brings in the offensive zone will take him from a C-level prospect up to one of the better players in the Bruins pipeline.

Andre Gasseau: Last time I updated you on Gasseau, I'd mentioned that his offensive production was dipping, but he was still posting 5 goals and 8 points through 9 games on the worst team in the USHL. Well, he's only scored 1 goal in 4 games since. It's not entirely his fault: the tam around him is rough, to say the least. But Gasseau hasn't done himself any favors, he's seemingly lost that edge that he had early in the year the was making him so dynamic of a scoring threat. I've previously mentioned his impressive blend of size-speed-offensive skill. He isn't utilizing the speed like he was before, and it shows. He needs to get back on track before he makes his NCAA debut next year.

Mason Lohrei: In the last update, Lohrei had 1 goal and 3 points in 6 games, but I'd mentioned that he'd been playing well defensively, and his skating game was awesome. Since then, Lohrei has been dominant for the Buckeyes, posting 1 goal and 4 assists in the past 7 games, making a 2-6-8 stat sheet in 10 NCAA games. And he's remained solid in the defensive zone. Lohrei may be the Bruins #1 prospect right now, and I'd advise all Bruins fans to keep a close eye on him.

John Beecher: He's back! (Hopefully for the rest of the year) After missing a lot of time over the past few seasons, and missing the beginning of this year, the Bruins 2019 1st round pick has returned to the ice for the University of Michigan (my personal favorite NCAA team) and has posted 2 goals and 2 assists through his first 4 contests. He hasn't looked like he's missed a beat at all since he returned, and still has a tantalizing combo of size-speed-skill and plays a steady 200-foot game that the Bruins ask for out of their top players. One thing I'd like to see him work on, besides staying healthy, is the ability to beat defenders off of the rush. He's fast enough and strong enough to do so, but his puck handling leaves a little bit to be desired, so some refinement in that department would be nice.

Oskar Jellvik: I still have yet to watch him live, but I feel that it's necessary to note that he's been absolutely great in the Swedish U20 league, posting 8 goals, 7 assists for 15 points in 14 games. Jellvik's game revolves around his offensive ability, as he is the weak link in the defensive zone. Still, Jellvik is a complete offensive package, blending an above-average shot and deceptive hands that makes him worrisome in 1-on-1 situations. His impressive play leads me to believe that he may be in the conversation for the World Juniors this year, and a few games at the SHL level doesn't seem too crazy to ask for.

Just like last update, I won't go in-depth with the AHL guys who've impressed me, but I'll list them off now: Oskar Steen (obviously), Jakub Lauko, Jack Ahcan, Jack Studnicka, Jesper Froden, Samuel Asselin, Zach Senyshyn, Brady Lyle.

Every Three prospect update, I think I'll rank my top 5 Bruins Prospects outside of the AHL, just to give you guys an idea of how I'd value these players if I was in charge in Boston.

My Rankings

1) Fabian Lysell
2) Mason Lohrei
3) Brett Harrison
4) Ty Gallagher
5) John Beecher
Honorable Mentions: Andre Gasseau, Oskar Jellvik
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de CGY
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $79 085 674 $1 956 507 $125 000 $2 414 326 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 666 667 $6 666 667 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
AG, C, AD
NMC
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
2 375 000 $2 375 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
725 000 $725 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 675 000 $3 675 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 687 500 $3 687 500 $
DG
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 900 000 $4 900 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
Logo de Bruins de Boston
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance125 000 $$125K)
G
RFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
725 000 $725 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
16 nov. 2021 à 9 h 10
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 14
nice updates, keep it up applaud
BruinsFan35 a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2021 à 9 h 22
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 8,849
I loved the Harrison pick. I was surprised he was still on the board there. More surprised Don did not F it up and take some 5’ 9” 150 lb d men that was not on anyones draft board. Lol.
BruinsFan35 a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2021 à 9 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 522
Quoting: Gofnut999
I loved the Harrison pick. I was surprised he was still on the board there. More surprised Don did not F it up and take some 5’ 9” 150 lb d men that was not on anyones draft board. Lol.

I kinda expected him gone in the maybe late first, definitely second round. Definitely has turned out positive that he fell. Same with Lysell, top 10 pick fell into our lap and Don didn’t screw it up. Miracles can happen I suppose lol
16 nov. 2021 à 9 h 54
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Sabres will trade you Ollofson for Lysell
16 nov. 2021 à 10 h 18
Dekesaladekes
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,064
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Sabres will trade you Ollofson for Lysell

don't need olofsson bruins have enough wingers, 2c and a 1st pair LHD is what we need
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage