SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Edmonton Oilers signed Zach Hyman (7 Years / $5,500,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

19 mars à 8 h 5
wheelchair briere
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 117
This guy always responds to me like I care about his opinion at all, you were blocked a long time ago. I don't read anything you write.

The only time I read something of yours, was when you had nothing but bad things to say about Morgan Rielly in a thread, in the Toronto Maple Leafs section, then he was named an All-Star this year.

I don't need to name check people I have already blocked.

Read the room.
19 mars à 9 h 51
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,948
Quoting: Wilson_W_Wilson_Jr
Why would Leaf fans not want Hyman at this # for 7 years?

Toronto just recently signed Nylander to $11.5 for 8 years and he'll be turning 36 years old in the final year of his deal.

Hasn't Toronto had Muzzin on the LTIR for the last 3 years, making over $5.5 million a season? This year Muzzin is also getting a scouting contract on top of his LTIR contract.

Even when Hyman was in Toronto, he was more than worth this number. He played first or second line regularly, and if you can get a guy at this #, that can play on your first or second line, that's a deal.

He is born in Toronto and he wanted to stay in Toronto.

This is an all heart type of player, with an endless motor, who just keeps going.

People want to hate on Holland, but he has won, multiple times.

He has assembled a team with solid depth, with guys like Kane, Nugent-Hopkins, Hyman, Perry, and Bouchard all on very good deals, that he signed.

This is how you win.

Winning? Signing Cody Ceci to a 3.25 million dollar contract? Signing Darnell Nurse (Not Sarah Nurse) to a 9.25 million dollar contract? Signing Connor Brown to, essentially, a 4 million dollar contract? What about signing RNH to a 5.5 million dollar contract for 1 goal in the playoffs? What about the Lucic deal? What about the Evander Kane contract? Or the Kulak trade/contract?

The way you build is the Yzerman/Sakic way of doing things, not sign everyone at age 29 to 5.5s and hope they preform at age 33

And all those *great* contracts just to have the same number of Round 3 wins as the Toronto Maple Leafs since 2007
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
24 mars à 10 h 30
May contain nuts
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,016
So far so good. The final years of the deal still have a good chance to end up being awful, but as of right now, it's a bargain.
24 mars à 13 h 12
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,476
Hyman might just be the luckiest man in the league, getting to play besides Matthews and McDavid for most of his career and inflate his point totals to make him seem so much better then he is
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
24 mars à 16 h 6
wheelchair briere
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 117
For the record, I am a Leafs fan and ultimately I do hope they win, even when I chirp them. But, I am also a hockey fan.

I just don't need to have a name like, Leafsfan16 or something like that.

Apparently the majority of Toronto fans are repressing their memories.

Let me remind you of how this scenario went down, before Hyman was given away to Edmonton, for nothing.

It was league wide knowledge Hyman was looking for an extension of $5 million a season to stay in Toronto. If you can't see the value in that, there's not much more I can say.

I remember when Toronto traded Kadri away, and he went on to win it all with Colorado. Then he parlayed a Stanley Cup win into a new contract with the Calgary Flames. All while donating $1million of his own money and receiving a surgical unit named after him, called the Nazem Kadri Surgical Centre located in his hometown of London, Ontario.

Life goes on, even after you leave Toronto. Toronto didn't want either of these two. So, if you're able to win somewhere else, all the power to you.

I personally liked these two, I also like Sandin, Schenn, O'Reilly, Lafferty and the list goes on.

If these players are able to win somewhere else because Toronto doesn't know simple math, it's their own fault.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage