SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Edmonton Oilers signed Zach Hyman (7 Years / $5,500,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

28 juill. 2021 à 11 h 29
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 679
Love that my man secured his bag, but that's a terrible contract.
28 juill. 2021 à 11 h 29
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,936
Quoting: JackAce91
Hyman has been a solid player for several years now and will help make the oilers top 6 quite good. It's a good signing. Not sure why everyone is assuming this deal is gonna be horrible in a couple years. There has been no evidence to suggest that.

??? Theres no evidence that suggests this isnt a horrible contract today let alone in a couple years tears of joy
28 juill. 2021 à 11 h 40
We are all equal
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 331
Yikes is all I can say
28 juill. 2021 à 12 h 1
Watches no games
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 976
Quoting: CD282
Dylan Holloway is a similar type of player, but with more skill.

What's your over/under on him playing top 6 minutes within 3 years?
28 juill. 2021 à 12 h 7
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,700
Quoting: MelonVK
What's your over/under on him playing top 6 minutes within 3 years?

Good question. At LW he's pretty blocked with Hyman and Nuge there for the next 7-8 years; center depth is an even bigger obstacle with McDavid and Draisaitl ahead of him. I wouldn't be surprised if Holloway bumps Nuge to 3C within 3 years though, so I'd say the odds are pretty good that he gets there.
28 juill. 2021 à 12 h 12
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 295
Quoting: Salzy
??? Theres no evidence that suggests this isnt a horrible contract today let alone in a couple years tears of joy

What are you talking about? Hyman has been quite good offensively for three straight years. Last year, he was also good defensively. This alone is a good contract just based on his offense, but if his defense stays this good, then it'll be more than worth it for the oilers. He'll be a good compliment to Drai.

Not to mention, the term frankly doesn't matter in a term like this. Any year with McDavid on your roster is a win now year.

What do you think is actually so bad about this that you're willing to immediately call it terrible?
oilersguy a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2021 à 12 h 23
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,329
Holland, Holland, Holland, why must you try to be the worst GM
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2021 à 12 h 52
I make Articals.
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 368
Bro, Ken Holland GET UR GAME UP
28 juill. 2021 à 14 h 29
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,936
Quoting: JackAce91
What are you talking about? Hyman has been quite good offensively for three straight years. Last year, he was also good defensively. This alone is a good contract just based on his offense, but if his defense stays this good, then it'll be more than worth it for the oilers. He'll be a good compliment to Drai.

Not to mention, the term frankly doesn't matter in a term like this. Any year with McDavid on your roster is a win now year.

What do you think is actually so bad about this that you're willing to immediately call it terrible?

The fact that best case scenario hes worth 4.75M a year today? So he’s already overpaid

The fact that his value will only go down

The fact that he’s playing in a bigger more physical division and will be worn down faster

The fact that they gave him 4 years too many

Do you want me to keep going 😂
28 juill. 2021 à 14 h 43
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 295
The fact that best case scenario hes worth 4.75M a year today? So he’s already overpaid

The fact that he’s playing in a bigger more physical division and will be worn down faster

You can feel free to keep going. I'm not gonna defend the term. But He is definitely worth that money. He is a really good compliment to Drai and boosts their top 6. He is a really good player and will only help the Oilers for at least the next 3-5 years.

Also, every contract value is inevitably going to go down. Not sure what brilliant point you think you're making there.
28 juill. 2021 à 19 h 29
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
That's a lot of scratch to pay a role player.

As far as TOR, I don't get it.
I would have let EDM sign him to 8 years. Let them carry that thing out till he's 36, it makes the contract even worse.
I think Dubas saved them from themselves. EDM fans should be thanking him.
29 juill. 2021 à 8 h 31
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 451
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

Dubas loves taking L's

Why do you say that, take a 5th rounder to save another team 4 mill over the contract in cap space, I wouldn't help another team that much for a 5th.

I'd be so pissed if I was a Leafs fan
29 juill. 2021 à 8 h 51
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,259
Quoting: python3504

He didn't help them out. The contract is bad because of the term, Dubas didn't let them give him an extra year and he didn't get assets back
29 juill. 2021 à 13 h 4
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,566
Quoting: python3504

Hyman was gone no matter what, so he signs for 7yr and TOR gets nothing or 8yr and TOR gets a pick in the first 5 rounds. The pick maybe a long shot, but its an asset that can be used.

Dubas is a terrible GM and I don't know how he still has a job.
1 juin 2022 à 11 h 7
I make typos
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
This is a great contract, I love that Hyman is a Oiler so much
1 juin 2022 à 15 h 53
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,168
Quoting: oilersguy
This is a great contract, I love that Hyman is a Oiler so much

Still not a great contract but it definitely worked out better than most people expected. Good so far, but it still has the potential to not be good in 5 years.
1 nov. 2022 à 12 h 39
I make typos
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
some really bad takes in this thread
1 nov. 2022 à 13 h 53
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450

We aren't even 20% through the life of this contract. Relax. Rather, just enjoy Hyman for as long as he continues to be productive. There's no guarantee he keeps this up or the rest of the deal ages poorly.
A_Habs_fan, KSIxSKULLS, majormoose007 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
5 nov. 2022 à 10 h 17
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,259

Most of the takes were in the final few years of the deal, how on earth could those takes be bad if that time hasn't passed yet.
3 janv. à 15 h 34
MK458
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 928

Keep going! Even if he falls off a cliff in 2 seasons, the contract was still a steal! If the Oilers traded Hyman right now he'd be worth a small fortune, the guy has gotten better every single year
16 mars à 16 h 25
Out Come The Wolves
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 117
This thread is priceless.

All you have to do is read. Read what people have to say about this guy.

This is how you build!
18 mars à 11 h 56
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,878
Quoting: Wilson_W_Wilson_Jr

This is how you build!

I think it's still true...

What are the odds 36 year old Hyman produces at a 5.5 million dollar rate? What about 35 year old Hyman? Considering his play style...
18 mars à 12 h 16
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,185

This is how you build!

Damn if only everyone had the benefit of hindsight back in 2021.
18 mars à 23 h 44
Out Come The Wolves
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 117
Why would Leaf fans not want Hyman at this # for 7 years?

Toronto just recently signed Nylander to $11.5 for 8 years and he'll be turning 36 years old in the final year of his deal.

Hasn't Toronto had Muzzin on the LTIR for the last 3 years, making over $5.5 million a season? This year Muzzin is also getting a scouting contract on top of his LTIR contract.

Even when Hyman was in Toronto, he was more than worth this number. He played first or second line regularly, and if you can get a guy at this #, that can play on your first or second line, that's a deal.

He is born in Toronto and he wanted to stay in Toronto.

This is an all heart type of player, with an endless motor, who just keeps going.

People want to hate on Holland, but he has won, multiple times.

He has assembled a team with solid depth, with guys like Kane, Nugent-Hopkins, Hyman, Perry, and Bouchard all on very good deals, that he signed.

This is how you win.
19 mars à 0 h 20
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,845
Modifié 19 mars à 0 h 48
Why would Leaf fans not want Hyman at this # for 7 years?

Toronto just recently signed Nylander to $11.5 for 8 years and he'll be turning 36 years old in the final year of his deal.

Hasn't Toronto had Muzzin on the LTIR for the last 3 years, making over $5.5 million a season? This year Muzzin is also getting a scouting contract on top of his LTIR contract.

Even when Hyman was in Toronto, he was more than worth this number. He played first or second line regularly, and if you can get a guy at this #, that can play on your first or second line, that's a deal.

He is born in Toronto and he wanted to stay in Toronto.

This is an all heart type of player, with an endless motor, who just keeps going.

People want to hate on Holland, but he has won, multiple times.

He has assembled a team with solid depth, with guys like Kane, Nugent-Hopkins, Hyman, Perry, and Bouchard all on very good deals, that he signed.

This is how you win.

All this praise for Holland when really it was guys like Yzerman that got him his wins. When he had to do it on his own he ****ed up numerous times and we have seen that even in EDM there have been big ****ups especially this year. 3.25m bonus to Brown who has 1 goal...YIKES

For Hyman this may very well be the peak of the performance before the coaster tips and then the 5.5m becomes an anchor. Its been seen numerous times in other forwards like him where its like holy cow to then how can we get rid of this deal. Kane's already in the territory

Also comparing Nylander to Hyman is silly. Both signed till 36 but the playstyle dictates alot and when we look at comparables Willy has the better chance of aging very well into his deal even at 36

And lets be real the real way to win is following the VGK formula as since coming into the league they have been very successful.

Anyways no point in continuing the silliness guy signed elsewhere no need to keep backtracking as whats past is past. Bunting was good when here as the replacement and now the future is Knies

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage