EF more on Toronto and Bertuzzi

Créé par: bald_and_bankrupt
Équipe: 2021-22 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 9 juill. 2021
Publié: 9 juill. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Elliotte Friedman on 630CHED:

TOR wanted Bertuzzi at the deadline but he was injured. Doesn't sound good for Hyman and TOR now. DET and EDM possibilities for Hyman
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
54 300 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
44 000 000 $
22 200 000 $
22 200 000 $
12 000 000 $
21 000 000 $
1750 000 $
34 000 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Bertuzzi, Tyler [Droits de RFA]
DET
  1. Amirov, Rodion
  2. Dermott, Travis
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (TOR)
TOR
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de EDM
Logo de TOR
Logo de EDM
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2081 500 000 $81 396 450 $0 $0 $103 550 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 2
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 3
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 4
4 300 000 $4 300 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 3
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 6
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 2
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 3
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 3
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 3
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
9 juill. 2021 à 15 h 36
Mac1010
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 722
oilers say no they would just resign barrie and keep the picks
9 juill. 2021 à 15 h 36
Buffbry
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,360
Replace dermott with hallinder. But at least this trade isn't so far off that it's crazy
9 juill. 2021 à 15 h 36
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 8,999
If Yzerman deals Bertuzzi to Toronto, I think this will be the return. And if Yzerman pulls the trigger we can live with it.
9 juill. 2021 à 15 h 36
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,517
Oilers can just sign Savard and save some money and have term.
9 juill. 2021 à 15 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 459
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
If Yzerman deals Bertuzzi to Toronto, I think this will be the return. And if Yzerman pulls the trigger we can live with it.

I feel like Yzerman will fleece Dubas LOL
Octopus_Guy a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2021 à 15 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Copenhagen
Oilers can just sign Savard and save some money and have term.

But why would Savard sign in Edmonton. Rielly is closer to home and is an impact player
9 juill. 2021 à 15 h 43
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 8,999
Quoting: MrDinkiee
I feel like Yzerman will fleece Dubas LOL

Yup Yzerman is the best GM in the league, his team just won back to back cups. Yzerman is calling the shots he doesn't have to move Betuzzi if he doesn't get his asking price.
Octopus_Guy a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2021 à 16 h 18
Roster Architect
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 909
Way too much for Bertuzzi. The guy is coming off a major injury setback and has already had his contract disputes with Detroit. Even at his best, he's a 50 point player and the left handed version of Zach Hyman.

Makes sense for Toronto to look at him, yes. But they're not overpaying. If Toronto really wanted him at the deadline then that likely means they're not willing to move roster players or picks for him because they didn't move any at the deadline and that was their goal.

Straight up, Rielly for Bertuzzi actually makes a ton of sense for both sides. Leafs aren't gonna overpay just because it's Yzerman. Dubas has actually been pretty smart with trades, it's not his weakness and he won't cave in for a middle 6 winger
9 juill. 2021 à 16 h 29
StevieY19!!
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 690
Quoting: TrueCanuck
Way too much for Bertuzzi. The guy is coming off a major injury setback and has already had his contract disputes with Detroit. Even at his best, he's a 50 point player and the left handed version of Zach Hyman.

Makes sense for Toronto to look at him, yes. But they're not overpaying. If Toronto really wanted him at the deadline then that likely means they're not willing to move roster players or picks for him because they didn't move any at the deadline and that was their goal.

Straight up, Rielly for Bertuzzi actually makes a ton of sense for both sides. Leafs aren't gonna overpay just because it's Yzerman. Dubas has actually been pretty smart with trades, it's not his weakness and he won't cave in for a middle 6 winger

How is a rebuilding team taking on a rental D man out of our timeline smart? That goes against rebuilding 101. Bertuzzi has complete healed from his injury and he brings a lot more to the table than just points. This is very close to being fair in my eyes. Bert for Reilly I've seen a ton from the Maple Leafs fanbase and it just doesn't make sense, especially if the Red Wings are trying to tank for Shane Wright.
9 juill. 2021 à 16 h 29
Ehhhh
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 388
why does every toronto fan think that Detroit wants dermott? seriously its everywhere
9 juill. 2021 à 16 h 32
Ehhhh
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 388
Quoting: AnyoneButTheBruins
How is a rebuilding team taking on a rental D man out of our timeline smart? That goes against rebuilding 101. Bertuzzi has complete healed from his injury and he brings a lot more to the table than just points. This is very close to being fair in my eyes. Bert for Reilly I've seen a ton from the Maple Leafs fanbase and it just doesn't make sense, especially if the Red Wings are trying to tank for Shane Wright.

maybe he forgot holland left?
AnyoneButTheBruins a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2021 à 16 h 38
StevieY19!!
Quoting: Ffmorgan09
why does every toronto fan think that Detroit wants dermott? seriously its everywhere

It's always Dermott, Soup man, Engvall, and Kerfoot. Dermott because our LD is weak so they throw him in, the other two they wanna dump before the expansion I'm guessing and Kerfoot for cap.
9 juill. 2021 à 16 h 39
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 197

I've been saying Hyman is the Bertuzzi of the Leafs for a while so I agree with you there. I think Bert is just a bit more gritty and has a tiny bit more drive. I hate to say it but Hyman plays with better players too.

His injury sucked but hopefully he can fully recover and be just as good.

I agree that the Leafs should look at him but if they don't want to overpay a bit then the Red Wings are happy to keep Bert or look for trades with other organizations.

You say he's had contract disputes with Detroit.
Yeah he went to arbitration but he's dealing with Yzerman now not Kenny Holland and I think it was a very fair deal for both sides at $3.5m for 1 year and stays RFA.
So I wouldn't call it a "dispute" just used an arbitrator.
9 juill. 2021 à 17 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Octopus_Guy
I've been saying Hyman is the Bertuzzi of the Leafs for a while so I agree with you there. I think Bert is just a bit more gritty and has a tiny bit more drive. I hate to say it but Hyman plays with better players too.

His injury sucked but hopefully he can fully recover and be just as good.

I agree that the Leafs should look at him but if they don't want to overpay a bit then the Red Wings are happy to keep Bert or look for trades with other organizations.

You say he's had contract disputes with Detroit.
Yeah he went to arbitration but he's dealing with Yzerman now not Kenny Holland and I think it was a very fair deal for both sides at $3.5m for 1 year and stays RFA.
So I wouldn't call it a "dispute" just used an arbitrator.

Hyman does the dirty work, bu he isn't a POS. Bertuzzi on the other hand is a POS, can play gritty, and moves the needle a bit more than if the Leafs were to re-sign Hyman
9 juill. 2021 à 22 h 41
Roster Architect

Detroit isn't looking to tank for Shane Wright. They're in the building stages and part of a rebuild is having good leaders in the locker room to help the young guys. On top of that, Detroit's left handed defence is thin both in terms of NHL ready players and prospects. There's no one in the system with the upside of Rielly at that position, it's something they need to address.

You talk about Rielly being a rental yet you don't even realize that Bertuzzi is the same amount of time away from UFA as Rielly is. Both have 1 year of team control left then are eligible for free agency, so term or team control isn't a factor either way for Toronto or Detroit here. Plus, Rielly would be very likely to sign an extension in Detroit as his girlfriend trains in Detroit so he could be closer with her. Rielly likely gets between $6-$6.5M for 6-8 years on an extension which is more than reasonable for a #1 defenceman. The more risk is in Toronto's side if Bertuzzi is willing to commit long term or if he'd want to take his first real shot at free agency since he's had disputes about his contract in the past.

Bertuzzi also hasn't completely healed from his injury, so stop spitting out straight BS like you know something when you don't. He's expected to be ready for camp, but back injuries are tough to judge, and this one in particular is tough to judge. There could very well be set backs and even if there isn't, you have to worry about how much time he spends in rehab for the injury compared to how much time he spends in training for next years season. There's no guarantee he comes back to 100%, so stop trying to sound smart there bud.

You talk about more than just points that Bertuzzi brings yet you forget about Rielly's intangibles. You're bias and not looking at things with a rationale POV. Bertuzzi for Rielly straight up is actually a good deal for both sides, regardless whether you can see it or not. I don't even have a horse in that race between Toronto and Detroit and I can see it.
10 juill. 2021 à 15 h 11
StevieY19!!
Detroit isn't looking to tank for Shane Wright. They're in the building stages and part of a rebuild is having good leaders in the locker room to help the young guys. On top of that, Detroit's left handed defence is thin both in terms of NHL ready players and prospects. There's no one in the system with the upside of Rielly at that position, it's something they need to address.

You talk about Rielly being a rental yet you don't even realize that Bertuzzi is the same amount of time away from UFA as Rielly is. Both have 1 year of team control left then are eligible for free agency, so term or team control isn't a factor either way for Toronto or Detroit here. Plus, Rielly would be very likely to sign an extension in Detroit as his girlfriend trains in Detroit so he could be closer with her. Rielly likely gets between $6-$6.5M for 6-8 years on an extension which is more than reasonable for a #1 defenceman. The more risk is in Toronto's side if Bertuzzi is willing to commit long term or if he'd want to take his first real shot at free agency since he's had disputes about his contract in the past.

Bertuzzi also hasn't completely healed from his injury, so stop spitting out straight BS like you know something when you don't. He's expected to be ready for camp, but back injuries are tough to judge, and this one in particular is tough to judge. There could very well be set backs and even if there isn't, you have to worry about how much time he spends in rehab for the injury compared to how much time he spends in training for next years season. There's no guarantee he comes back to 100%, so stop trying to sound smart there bud.

You talk about more than just points that Bertuzzi brings yet you forget about Rielly's intangibles. You're bias and not looking at things with a rationale POV. Bertuzzi for Rielly straight up is actually a good deal for both sides, regardless whether you can see it or not. I don't even have a horse in that race between Toronto and Detroit and I can see it.

He had a successful surgery and said he feels good now, maybe not fully healed but damn well close! He will be good by training camp so semantics! Reilly is out of our timeline and yes we need help on LD but not Reilly. We could easily sign one in free agency rather than trading for this. As for biasness, I live my life viewing everything with an unbiased standpoint so no I'm not. I just know that getting rentals is bad for rebuilds. 1 year left as an RFA and 1 year left as a UFA are completely different. If Bertuzzi straight up says he just wants 1 year than sure your point stands but as for now it's BS. If they trade Bert it's going to be for futures or young prospects that are close if not ready for the NHL.
10 juill. 2021 à 22 h 0
Roster Architect
He had a successful surgery and said he feels good now, maybe not fully healed but damn well close! He will be good by training camp so semantics! Reilly is out of our timeline and yes we need help on LD but not Reilly. We could easily sign one in free agency rather than trading for this. As for biasness, I live my life viewing everything with an unbiased standpoint so no I'm not. I just know that getting rentals is bad for rebuilds. 1 year left as an RFA and 1 year left as a UFA are completely different. If Bertuzzi straight up says he just wants 1 year than sure your point stands but as for now it's BS. If they trade Bert it's going to be for futures or young prospects that are close if not ready for the NHL.

Lol
10 juill. 2021 à 23 h 28
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 226

Agreed with most of your post, but Rielly for Bertuzzi makes no sense for the Wings. Yes, they're light on LD, but Rielly isn't a fit.
Rielly isn't good defensively, and Detroit plays a defense-only style of hockey. He'd look absolutely terrible in all situations. Detroit's powerplay also struggles with zone entries, so unless he can single-handedly carry the puck in the zone by himself all the time, he's going to be an absolute pylon out there. All of his strengths don't fit into the Wings' style. He's older than the Wings' core, and will be an UFA next season. Bert is still an RFA, so Detroit could sign him to a long contract if they wanted. Why trade a player with team control for a player without it?
Starting to sound like a broken record here, but Detroit's much weaker offensively than defensively. Why trade for a player that won't match production or be as good defensively than the player you're giving up?
AnyoneButTheBruins a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2021 à 10 h 18
StevieY19!!
Lol

Solid rebuttle.
11 juill. 2021 à 10 h 20
StevieY19!!
Quoting: HypotheticalImpossibility
Agreed with most of your post, but Rielly for Bertuzzi makes no sense for the Wings. Yes, they're light on LD, but Rielly isn't a fit.
Rielly isn't good defensively, and Detroit plays a defense-only style of hockey. He'd look absolutely terrible in all situations. Detroit's powerplay also struggles with zone entries, so unless he can single-handedly carry the puck in the zone by himself all the time, he's going to be an absolute pylon out there. All of his strengths don't fit into the Wings' style. He's older than the Wings' core, and will be an UFA next season. Bert is still an RFA, so Detroit could sign him to a long contract if they wanted. Why trade a player with team control for a player without it?
Starting to sound like a broken record here, but Detroit's much weaker offensively than defensively. Why trade for a player that won't match production or be as good defensively than the player you're giving up?

Exactly what I am trying to say to this guy, but I guess he's the smartest guy in hockey.
16 juill. 2021 à 22 h 33
Roster Architect
Modifié 16 juill. 2021 à 22 h 48

Hey, would you look at that?!

Detroit just traded for a rental, offensive defenceman to help their rebuild! & they overpaid to do it! AND they traded for an even older player! 😱

I hate to say I told you so but hell.. I told you so! It wasn't Rielly because the price for Rielly is guaranteed to be more as Rielly is a far better play driver than Leddy, but their play styles and contract lengths are damn similar.

Wow, it's almost like sometimes things are told to you right in front of your face but some kids these days are just too stubborn to admit they were wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️

Cheers!
16 juill. 2021 à 22 h 50
Roster Architect

Just saw your comment now, and I'll refer you to my comment #21 on this thread.

But have fun with Nick Leddy!

Cheers!
16 juill. 2021 à 22 h 53
backcheck>paycheck
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 194
If they give that up for burt I'll legit cry.
16 juill. 2021 à 22 h 56
Roster Architect

Last one, I apologize. But this was just too funny not to post:

Leddy:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6dRIQlXIAIVvQp?format=jpg&name=large

Rielly:
https://cdn.substack.com/image/fetch/w_1456,c_limit,f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressiveConfusedteep/https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F6eabace9-a838-409d-847e-e7200fb2f97f_1434x958.png

But have fun with an aging, declining offensive defenceman who's far worse offensively and defensively than Rielly! 😂
16 juill. 2021 à 23 h 39
StevieY19!!
Last one, I apologize. But this was just too funny not to post:

Leddy:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6dRIQlXIAIVvQp?format=jpg&name=large

Rielly:
https://cdn.substack.com/image/fetch/w_1456,c_limit,f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressiveConfusedteep/https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F6eabace9-a838-409d-847e-e7200fb2f97f_1434x958.png

But have fun with an aging, declining offensive defenceman who's far worse offensively and defensively than Rielly! 😂

Lol

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage