SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Dunn with these Dunn trades

Équipe: 2021-22 Blues de St-Louis
Date de création initiale: 27 juin 2021
Publié: 27 juin 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
What Detroit fans are completely missing is the entire point of grabbing someone like Dunn. Dunn was a 2nd round pick that turned into an absolute stud of a defenseman. Nearly 20 other D were picked before him and he's killing it in the analytics numbers while grabbing third line minutes. You could have him on your team for the 21st overall draft pick and you need to compare that to what you'd be getting. Looking at the past decade of 21st OA would be.

2020 Yegor Chinakhov (yet to play in the NHL)
2019 Samuel Poulin (yet to play in the NHL)
2018 Ryan Merkley (yet to play in the NHL)

NHL totals (games) (goals) (assists)
2017 Filip Chytil 186 34 37
2016 Julien Gauthier 47 2 9
2015 Colin White 200 33 55
2014 Robby Fabbri 246 56 66
2013 Frédérik Gauthier 170 13 18
2012 Mark Jankowski 253 40 35
2011 Stefan Noesen 205 31 23
2010 Riley Sheahan 566 70 107

Vince Dunn 267 32 70

Comparatively he's putting up better stats than everyone on this list. You are gambling with the draft and you realistically think the 21st overall is better than a player like Dunn. Now let me explain it entirely from St. Louis' position. We have zero interest in losing Dunn and the only reason the conversation is even happening is because of the expansion draft. Armstrong has a lot to play with including offering other players or picks to have Seattle pass on him. Or trading a player like Dunn with or without a package deal for a better forward or an automatically protected D man in the expansion draft. Now what Detroit should be thinking is, I can get an absolute stud of Dunn to be my new first line blue chip D man when his rights shouldn't even be available. In fact, Id be willing to consider two high 2nd's for Dunn because there is just as much chance of grabbing greatness at that pick as there is with the 21st OA. When you offer insulting offers like a 2nd and a 3rd for him, we're just going to laugh at it. Because now we're expected to lose someone like Sundqvst or Blais and Dunn while netting a 2nd and a 3rd in return. Instead of just saying take Dunn and we'll keep our forwards. And in the end, both teams lose out on Dunn while Seattle laughs at you for passing up on him for being stingy. Have I made my point? I'll take your first or both 2nd's but other than that, enjoy being in the basement for another decade.
Transactions
STL
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (WSH)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (DET)
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (EDM)
DET
  1. Dunn, Vince [Droits de RFA]
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de STL
Logo de WSH
Logo de DET
Logo de EDM
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de DET
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1781 500 000 $54 743 849 $306 349 $0 $26 756 151 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
1 875 000 $1 875 000 $
C
UFA - 2
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 7
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 6
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 6
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 6
1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
3 275 000 $3 275 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
787 500 $787 500 $
DG
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
27 juin 2021 à 23 h 53
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 374
Read the explanation first.
27 juin 2021 à 23 h 58
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,265
They are only trading him because if they don’t Seattle takes him for free so that hurts his value a lot and the possible teams that can trade for him because he will need to be protected and most teams already have 3 d they want to protect
Devil et aedoran a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2021 à 23 h 59
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 971
You obviously don't understand what leverage is. The Blues have little when it comes to Dunn and the expansion draft. Him being an arbitration eligible RFA isn't helping his trade value either. Blues already made him available for a 1st in january and nobody bit.
aedoran et DeadWingsv2 a aimé ceci.
28 juin 2021 à 0 h 5
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 87
Like the comment above me says, detroit has every bit of leverage. Yes comparably Dunns value is higher than alot of the trades suggest. but if you dont move Dunn for a price other teams like, you lose him for absolutely nothing to Seattle. Yzerman is a very intelligent gm. He will not trade all those assets for a dman thats better than Dunn, and definitely not for Dunn. All draft picks are gambles, and if it comes down to it, and St louis doesnt work it out, Wings fans will be very okay with using their pick on a player. Yzerman is arguably the best drafter in the league, I'm okay with him keeping the pick and not getting dunn
28 juin 2021 à 0 h 8
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,001
I agree with you that draft picks are hugely overvalued by some fans. They're lottery tickets and a late first rounder has the same chance of turning into a win as sitting down in front of a slot machine has.

That said, the Blues is gong to lose a player they don't want to lose whichever way they turn. If Detroit offers the #22 pick there's a pretty high chance it'll be accepted.
28 juin 2021 à 0 h 17
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
I do agree that people are undervaluing Dunn, but St.Louis doesn't have leverage. The Blues could lose Dunn for nothing and it would be difficult to find a team that has another defense protection spot and is willing to return full price for Dunn.
aedoran, DeadWingsv2 et rednwhite a aimé ceci.
28 juin 2021 à 1 h 44
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 12,063
Quoting: West_Virginia_Take_Me_Home
Child please, Detroit hasn't been relevant to hockey in the past decade. Go back to daddy bettman and cry about travel times so you can play on the east coast.

Detroit has been rebuilding but after 25 straight playoff appearances and 4 cups it was inevitable. 25 years of buying at the TDL left cupboard at little bare. St. Louis did win their 1st cup in 2019 and it only took 51 years. Dunn did ask for a trade or expressed he wasn't happy in STL at the start of the season so the expansion draft isn't the only reason this argument is taking place. After he expressed he was't happy if someone offered up a 1st for him he'd no longer be in STL. That laughter you hear from Seattle is them saying those idiots in STL could have got a 1st for Dunn instead of giving him to us. You are the first Blues fan I've seen that isn't happy with a 1st for Dunn and there are some really intelligent Blues fans on this site. You should pay attention to them and you might learn something.
28 juin 2021 à 2 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 374
Quoting: aedoran
Detroit has been rebuilding but after 25 straight playoff appearances and 4 cups it was inevitable. 25 years of buying at the TDL left cupboard at little bare. St. Louis did win their 1st cup in 2019 and it only took 51 years. Dunn did ask for a trade or expressed he wasn't happy in STL at the start of the season so the expansion draft isn't the only reason this argument is taking place. After he expressed he was't happy if someone offered up a 1st for him he'd no longer be in STL. That laughter you hear from Seattle is them saying those idiots in STL could have got a 1st for Dunn instead of giving him to us. You are the first Blues fan I've seen that isn't happy with a 1st for Dunn and there are some really intelligent Blues fans on this site. You should pay attention to them and you might learn something.

Let me know if you ever learn to read. The entire explanation was that we weren't going to part with him for a 2nd and a 3rd. Nothing in there says anything that we're passing on a trade if the offer is a 1st.
28 juin 2021 à 2 h 33
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,221
Quoting: West_Virginia_Take_Me_Home
Let me know if you ever learn to read. The entire explanation was that we weren't going to part with him for a 2nd and a 3rd. Nothing in there says anything that we're passing on a trade if the offer is a 1st.

I just think if the blues were to trade Dunn instead of just letting him go, it's because they are getting something they consider of greater value than Sanford or Blais, who I expect Seattle would take one of if Dunn is not there. Sanford and Blais are nice complimentary pieces on a team, but that's all they are. At 26 and 25 they haven't really had alot of production quite yet. Sanford did score 16 one year I'll give him that. But with the forward depth the blues have with kyrou and Thomas coming up, those two guys are expendable. I don't know the blues farm system at all but I bet they could be replaced internally, as well as Dunn. Dunn will also cost in guessing between 3.5-5 million. The blues don't have a ton of cap space with who they have to resign as well. So if the blues could get a second round pick for Dunn I think they come out ahead. I think a second and third is a decent price, might have been able to get more of the Expansion Draft wasn't happening for sure. But some return is better than no return, even though the blues still lose a decent player to the expansion draft anyways. Also I'm not totally opposed to trade that first rounder for him, but I don't think it's the best idea.
28 juin 2021 à 4 h 28
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,376
Quoting: jet11567
They are only trading him because if they don’t Seattle takes him for free so that hurts his value a lot and the possible teams that can trade for him because he will need to be protected and most teams already have 3 d they want to protect

Quoting: Drw4209
You obviously don't understand what leverage is. The Blues have little when it comes to Dunn and the expansion draft. Him being an arbitration eligible RFA isn't helping his trade value either. Blues already made him available for a 1st in january and nobody bit.

Quoting: Devil1122
I do agree that people are undervaluing Dunn, but St.Louis doesn't have leverage. The Blues could lose Dunn for nothing and it would be difficult to find a team that has another defense protection spot and is willing to return full price for Dunn.

Gosh, these would all be great points if 1) Detroit were going to be the only team making an offer (they won't be) & 2) the Blues don't have numerous options to go another way with it (they do).

Oh... and this "the Blues offered Dunn around and nobody wanted him" stuff is so tired. None of that happened. Stop repeating clickbait nonsense that emanates from literally the worst hockey site on the net as if it's unvarnished gospel. FCOL already.
28 juin 2021 à 10 h 49
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 247
Quoting: mokumboi
Gosh, these would all be great points if 1) Detroit were going to be the only team making an offer (they won't be) & 2) the Blues don't have numerous options to go another way with it (they do).

Oh... and this "the Blues offered Dunn around and nobody wanted him" stuff is so tired. None of that happened. Stop repeating clickbait nonsense that emanates from literally the worst hockey site on the net as if it's unvarnished gospel. FCOL already.

I am curious as to who you think would be trading for him before expansion. What teams have a need at LD and have a spot to protect him? I can't think of any off the top of my head but I am sure there are a few, just curious because I have seen the comment "that there are multiple teams interested" but haven't seen him in many other AGMs.
jet11567 a aimé ceci.
28 juin 2021 à 11 h 31
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,376
Quoting: rednwhite
I am curious as to who you think would be trading for him before expansion. What teams have a need at LD and have a spot to protect him? I can't think of any off the top of my head but I am sure there are a few, just curious because I have seen the comment "that there are multiple teams interested" but haven't seen him in many other AGMs.

Well, first off, it wasn't me who said "multiple teams are interested" in any definitive manor, so I cannot really answer to that one.

Now... not that it makes anything official, but based on AGMs on this site, it seems to me the teams with fans that most often and most eagerly attempt trades for Dunn are (in no particular order) DET, VAN, MTL, BUFF, BOS, NJ and quite foolishly, CHI. Also used to see a lot of NYR and WPG, but those fans seem to have thought better of it by now. Obviously, some of these fan bases are more realistic than others, because a team like Boston has no room to protect him.

As for my view, I'd think the most likely tire-kickers that fit your description are (again, random order) DET, LA, NJ, BUFF, OTT, CLB, and my dark horse pick if OEL departs, ARIZ. Maybe a couple others who might get involved, depending on how they go with the protection lists and early trades.

Long story short: he'll have some suitors if the Blues open a market on him. Personally, I'd rather see what we could get for Krug.
rednwhite a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage