Forums/Armchair-GM

Realistic Benning moves

Créé par: bdb
Équipe: 2021-22 Canucks de Vancouver
Date de création initiale: 2 juin 2021
Publié: 2 juin 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I'm not advocating for these moves as much as predicting the types of moves we might see from Benning.

I think he will definitely buyout Jake as he is the only buyout that makes sense capwise and hes said already that they would be exploring buyouts. I doubt there is a resolution that will allow them to terminate prior to buyout window.

I'm assuming Beagle will be in LTIR.

I think Benning will try to get out from the Eriksson debacle but will need to be able to sell it as a win/win. Acquiring a youngish 3C would accomplish this and the Sens and Melnyk in particular would likely be interested in clearing some cash while acquiring assets.

Benning will be active in the UFA market as it his only tangible way of improving his roster. I think he makes a big play for a risky player like Schwartz but it could easily be Granlund, Palmieri, Coleman etc. 5x5 isn't crazy money but considering the cap I think it's the type of pitch that he could use to secure a sought after UFA.

Murray and Poolman are also some low risk moves I could see him making to bolster the Backend to become more mobile as he's said they need to do.

Sutter has made it pretty clear his priority is to return to Van and could see Benning managing to get a good value contract out of him and Edler. Hamonic I'm less certain of.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
36 000 000 $
37 500 000 $
2850 000 $
2750 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
11 500 000 $
2750 000 $
1950 000 $
32 500 000 $
55 000 000 $
32 000 000 $
1900 000 $
Transactions
VAN
    Seattle gets the prospect they want, I assume it would be kind but could be Gadjovich or someone else. Take the 3rd for eating salary.
    SEA
    1. Lind, Kole [Droits de RFA]
    2. Roussel, Antoine
    3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (VAN)
    VAN
    1. Tierney, Chris
    2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (BOS)
    Détails additionnels:
    Ott saves 1.2M as trade occurs after signing bonus is payed and Tierney salary is 4.2M.
    OTT
    1. Eriksson, Loui
    2. Juolevi, Olli [Droits de RFA]
    3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (VAN)
    Rachats de contrats
    Frais appliqués
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de BOS
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2381 500 000 $76 575 659 $648 780 $1 900 000 $4 924 341 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
    5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
    C, AG, AD
    UFA - 2
    7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 3
    5 875 000 $5 875 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 5
    4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    891 667 $891 667 $ (Bonis de performance200 000 $$200K)
    AG, AD
    RFA - 2
    3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
    AG
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    AD, AG
    RFA - 3
    1 225 000 $1 225 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    950 000 $950 000 $
    AD, C
    UFA - 1
    850 000 $850 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA
    725 000 $725 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 6
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    DD
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 5
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    5 950 000 $5 950 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    DG
    UFA - 1
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 2
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    900 000 $900 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 4
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    2 juin 2021 à 2 h 58
    Rejoint: août 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
    if you took out eriksson ottawa would still decline lol, i'd literally rather lose tierney to seattle for free than do that trade
    2 juin 2021 à 3 h 9
    Serf
    Rejoint: juin 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,461
    Jeez, just buy Eriksson out
    2 juin 2021 à 4 h 24
    Rejoint: août 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 562
    The Sen’s likely decline and your defiantly not getting a pick back
    2 juin 2021 à 9 h 55
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: mai 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 56
    Quoting: Alfie11
    if you took out eriksson ottawa would still decline lol, i'd literally rather lose tierney to seattle for free than do that trade

Why it's not like you are a cap team and you have the cheapest owner on the league. Maybe I'm undervaluing Tierney but he seems like an overpaid 3C to me.

Regardless, of whether the player is Tierney or the team is Ottawa, this is the type of move I think Benning will make. Move a couple good assets and take back significant cash for the cap hit.
    2 juin 2021 à 11 h 26
    Rejoint: oct. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,246
    OTT declines, laughing.

Loui + Oli + 2nd doesnt even get accepted for future considerations, let alone asking for Tierney and a pick.
    2 juin 2021 à 11 h 55
    Rejoint: avr. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,104
    Quoting: bdb
    Why it's not like you are a cap team and you have the cheapest owner on the league. Maybe I'm undervaluing Tierney but he seems like an overpaid 3C to me.

Regardless, of whether the player is Tierney or the team is Ottawa, this is the type of move I think Benning will make. Move a couple good assets and take back significant cash for the cap hit.

Eriksson will cost at least a first to get rid of. That’s what Toronto paid to get rid of the exact same salary cap number on Marleau but that was before the flat cap. I’m not sure Juolevi and a second equals a first.

If anything that kind of package might get accepted by someone but you’re not getting anything back. So take everything off of the Sens side and the answer is still maybe
    2 juin 2021 à 12 h 39
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: TheBoyDuddus
    Eriksson will cost at least a first to get rid of. That’s what Toronto paid to get rid of the exact same salary cap number on Marleau but that was before the flat cap. I’m not sure Juolevi and a second equals a first.

If anything that kind of package might get accepted by someone but you’re not getting anything back. So take everything off of the Sens side and the answer is still maybe

The Marleau trade was a bit more I believe in both cap and cash but it is also the only dump to of cost that high of an asset that I can remember.

Staal for example was 48th OA to pick up 5.7M. You guys paid a 2nd for Stepan which was at least in part a cap dump for Arizona.
    Ottawa took a 2nd and Paquette to clear about 5M in space for Tampa.

I'm viewing Tierney as a cash dump for Melnyk but it could easily be a different player/ team that was trying to move out some bad cash.

I could see the exact same trade to Detroit for Namistikov for example who is due 4M in cash and I double he is part of their long term future.
    2 juin 2021 à 14 h 0
    They were really big
    Rejoint: juin 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 28
    Schwartz at 5y x $5m feels like a bad contract waiting to happen.
    2 juin 2021 à 14 h 24
    Rejoint: avr. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,104
    Quoting: bdb
    The Marleau trade was a bit more I believe in both cap and cash but it is also the only dump to of cost that high of an asset that I can remember.

Staal for example was 48th OA to pick up 5.7M. You guys paid a 2nd for Stepan which was at least in part a cap dump for Arizona.
    Ottawa took a 2nd and Paquette to clear about 5M in space for Tampa.

I'm viewing Tierney as a cash dump for Melnyk but it could easily be a different player/ team that was trying to move out some bad cash.

I could see the exact same trade to Detroit for Namistikov for example who is due 4M in cash and I double he is part of their long term future.

Marleau was a quarter million more in cash and real dollars. It is the only dump to cost that much but it’s also the only pure cap dump at that much of a cap hit. And I mean that in the sense that Marleau never played for the Canes much like Eriksson will never play wherever he’s traded to.

The camp dump Ottawa took from Tampa for a 2nd was for 3.3m between Paquette and Coburn. And unfortunately Stepan wasn’t a cap dump at all, Dorion paid them a 2nd because he was delusional and thought Stepan could be a top 6 center which was absolutely insane. Probably the worst trade he’s ever made. In hindsight the second definitely should’ve been on the other side lol

Staal was a little less than Eriksson in terms of cap hit and real money but I think the main difference and the reason that it only cost New York a second was because Staal can still play a bit. He didn’t kick any doors down but he played the entire season for the Wings and averaged almost 20 minutes a night where as Eriksson was relegated to the taxi squad for almost the whole year and will likely have the same fate next year if he’s not bought out.

Namestnikov is only 2m against the cap next year for the wings and is due 2.5m in cash. I think another main difference with Tierney and Namestnikov that they can both still play. They may not be on amazing contracts but Namestnikov was traded twice for 4th’s and is likely still worth that, Tierney I’d suspect is still worth around a 3rd.

If you look at it like two 3’s or a 3rd and a 4th for Eriksson, Juolevi and a 2nd it really doesn’t make any sense but again if you’re not taking anything back then I think Juolevi and a 2 might be close to fair value depending on how teams see Juolevi
    2 juin 2021 à 23 h 25
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: GarthSnowsShoulderPads
    Schwartz at 5y x $5m feels like a bad contract waiting to happen.

Which is what I expect Benning to do. Overpay for a mid tier/risky player in the top 6.
    2 juin 2021 à 23 h 38
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: TheBoyDuddus
    Marleau was a quarter million more in cash and real dollars. It is the only dump to cost that much but it’s also the only pure cap dump at that much of a cap hit. And I mean that in the sense that Marleau never played for the Canes much like Eriksson will never play wherever he’s traded to.

The camp dump Ottawa took from Tampa for a 2nd was for 3.3m between Paquette and Coburn. And unfortunately Stepan wasn’t a cap dump at all, Dorion paid them a 2nd because he was delusional and thought Stepan could be a top 6 center which was absolutely insane. Probably the worst trade he’s ever made. In hindsight the second definitely should’ve been on the other side lol

Staal was a little less than Eriksson in terms of cap hit and real money but I think the main difference and the reason that it only cost New York a second was because Staal can still play a bit. He didn’t kick any doors down but he played the entire season for the Wings and averaged almost 20 minutes a night where as Eriksson was relegated to the taxi squad for almost the whole year and will likely have the same fate next year if he’s not bought out.

Namestnikov is only 2m against the cap next year for the wings and is due 2.5m in cash. I think another main difference with Tierney and Namestnikov that they can both still play. They may not be on amazing contracts but Namestnikov was traded twice for 4th’s and is likely still worth that, Tierney I’d suspect is still worth around a 3rd.

If you look at it like two 3’s or a 3rd and a 4th for Eriksson, Juolevi and a 2nd it really doesn’t make any sense but again if you’re not taking anything back then I think Juolevi and a 2 might be close to fair value depending on how teams see Juolevi

Eriksson is still a capable NHLer certainly on a similar level as Staal or Stepan. Marleau might of been bought out but he was still played the following year. In terms of skill all of these players are in the same ballpark at this stage of their careers, just massively overpaid.

While I agree I assume Dorian thought Stepan would likely produce more, the reason a "1st" line center was available for a 2nd is that he was a cap dump for Arizona.

You're right on Namestnikov, I was looking at the previous contract. My point remains, this is the type of deal I think Benning will make. I wouldn't be surprised if it costs more but I doubt the cost would be the first that was suggested.

Anyways, appreciate the well thought response, I get that Ott, Det etc fans are tired of cap dump proposals as well.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage