Forums/Armchair-GM

Trying out some ideas for the Wild

Créé par: MelonVK
Équipe: 2021-22 Wild du Minnesota
Date de création initiale: 21 mai 2021
Publié: 21 mai 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
How do you like these two trades, conceptually? Less interesting if you think there's a 4th rounder missing and more if you think it fits team needs
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
65 750 000 $
66 500 000 $
66 500 000 $
47 000 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
2850 000 $
21 750 000 $
1850 000 $
23 750 000 $
Transactions
MIN
  1. Reinhart, Sam [Droits de RFA]
BUF
  1. Greenway, Jordan
  2. Rask, Victor
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (PIT)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de PIT
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de SJS
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $68 110 000 $0 $1 565 000 $13 390 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 5
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
C
UFA - 8
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
750 000 $750 000 $ (Bonis de performance750 000 $$750K)
AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C
UFA - 1
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
825 833 $825 833 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AG, C
RFA - 1
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance600 000 $$600K)
AD, AG
UFA - 2
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
725 000 $725 000 $
C
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
C
UFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
7 575 000 $7 575 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
3 666 667 $3 666 667 $
G
UFA - 2
795 000 $795 000 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
DD
RFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
G
UFA - 1
3 650 000 $3 650 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
850 000 $850 000 $
DD
UFA
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
21 mai 2021 à 8 h 51
Patient gm
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 992
I like the ideas overall, I think the wild would get a little more of a return on dumba, maybe a 2nd or a 3rd or something.

The values for jee and fiala are a little high and low for kk, but otherwise these are the types of moves the wild will end up making this offseason. Maybe strome, maybe someone else but an early 20’s C with upside like him for sure.

I applaud the effort for sure. I don’t think we’d see a zuccarello buyout though. If anything parise will be the high cap hit value casualty this offseason. So I’d adjust to buy him out, not resign admin and have hartman C foligno and boldy. But those are just my thoughts

Also I’m surprised I don’t see Rossi in the wild lines at all?
Aero_Astro_Guy a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2021 à 10 h 23
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,404
Doubt the Hawks move Strome (a RFA) for Dumba (a UFA) rental.
21 mai 2021 à 11 h 55
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 85
Wild aren't trading dumba straight up especially to their rival for a player who was scratched numerous times including numerous games to end year on a bad Chicago team

Also wild can't afford losing 2 top 4 dman in one off-season
21 mai 2021 à 12 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 977
Quoting: Lightman13
I like the ideas overall, I think the wild would get a little more of a return on dumba, maybe a 2nd or a 3rd or something.

The values for jee and fiala are a little high and low for kk, but otherwise these are the types of moves the wild will end up making this offseason. Maybe strome, maybe someone else but an early 20’s C with upside like him for sure.

I applaud the effort for sure. I don’t think we’d see a zuccarello buyout though. If anything parise will be the high cap hit value casualty this offseason. So I’d adjust to buy him out, not resign admin and have hartman C foligno and boldy. But those are just my thoughts

Also I’m surprised I don’t see Rossi in the wild lines at all?

Thanks for your input!

I gave Kaprizov a shorter contract to allow for a lower cap hit to compete right away and to sign him again when Parise/Suter are up.

I don't think Zucc goes either, but I actually rate Parise higher than most and think there's way more value in keeping him around than Suter.

And man I have no idea what will happen with Rossi. I just hope he's okay at this point, anything beyond that is just a positive.

Quoting: ModanoisCool
Wild aren't trading dumba straight up especially to their rival for a player who was scratched numerous times including numerous games to end year on a bad Chicago team

Quoting: ChiHawk
Doubt the Hawks move Strome (a RFA) for Dumba (a UFA) rental.

Yeah first off, hopefully, for the Wilds sake, they can convince maybe Suter to waive as he won't get picked by Seattle.

It's kinda weird arguing both sides at once. Strome is a pretty underrated player in my eyes. When you consider situation (teammates, minutes, competition etc) he's a pretty solid offensive player without being a trainwreck defensively like a lot of young scorers. Dumba isn't on his last year though, and I think there's plenty of time for Chicago to convince him to stay there if they want to. Also, Chicago is trading Strome to their rival... I never understand how people always only see one side of these equations.

I always get the impression Chicago fans on here (and maybe that comes with the success) want to compete all the time and think their team is ready for it. I would personally let go of their previous core first, ship Kane (and Toews if he's gonna play) on retained salary and massively cash in and be bad for only a few years. But I guess if they want to compete - go for it. Especially with some cap space being available depending on the Toews situation, with Shaw etc.
21 mai 2021 à 12 h 24
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,404
Yeah first off, hopefully, for the Wilds sake, they can convince maybe Suter to waive as he won't get picked by Seattle.

It's kinda weird arguing both sides at once. Strome is a pretty underrated player in my eyes. When you consider situation (teammates, minutes, competition etc) he's a pretty solid offensive player without being a trainwreck defensively like a lot of young scorers. Dumba isn't on his last year though, and I think there's plenty of time for Chicago to convince him to stay there if they want to. Also, Chicago is trading Strome to their rival... I never understand how people always only see one side of these equations.

I always get the impression Chicago fans on here (and maybe that comes with the success) want to compete all the time and think their team is ready for it. I would personally let go of their previous core first, ship Kane (and Toews if he's gonna play) on retained salary and massively cash in and be bad for only a few years. But I guess if they want to compete - go for it. Especially with some cap space being available depending on the Toews situation, with Shaw etc.[/quote]

Well Keith, Toews, Kane, all have NMCs and they all want to stay so it's their decision at the end of the day, not the Hawks or fans. The fans in the know, simply have learned to accept they aren't going anywhere. With Seabs and Shaw on LITR, there is plenty of cap space to spend, so that isn't the problem for Chicago.

You are right on Dumba, my bad. Dumba is good, but the problem is, the Hawks have Boqvist, Mitchell, and Regula as the future right side plus a stellar shutdown guy in Murphy. I do think all 3 young kids need more time in the AHL so this could be a good way to bridge the gap. However, the biggest concern this team has is we don't have a top line left handed Dman. Keith has too many miles to be that guy anymore, yet the Hawks continue to lean on him. If Keith can move to a 2nd line role playing 17 or 18 minutes a night and the Hawks grab a top line guy from somewhere, that will be the biggest improvement this team can make.
MelonVK a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2021 à 12 h 28
Boom shaka
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 67
Hawks say yes with contingency that he signs.
MelonVK a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2021 à 12 h 36
Banni
Quoting: MelonVK
Thanks for your input!

I gave Kaprizov a shorter contract to allow for a lower cap hit to compete right away and to sign him again when Parise/Suter are up.

I don't think Zucc goes either, but I actually rate Parise higher than most and think there's way more value in keeping him around than Suter.

And man I have no idea what will happen with Rossi. I just hope he's okay at this point, anything beyond that is just a positive.

I always get the impression Chicago fans on here (and maybe that comes with the success) want to compete all the time and think their team is ready for it. I would personally let go of their previous core first, ship Kane (and Toews if he's gonna play) on retained salary and massively cash in and be bad for only a few years. But I guess if they want to compete - go for it. Especially with some cap space being available depending on the Toews situation, with Shaw etc.

Dumba was re-energized this year playing with Jonas Brodin. He was back to his old self and more.

Dumba has 2 years left, & is a million times better than strome who was scratched numerous times including numerous game's fir Chicago to end season

Dumba contributed alot to a playoff team, won games for wild, a top 3 team in their division who
Locked in their #3playoff spot for weeks before season end

Also it's not about seeing both sides. It's about t hff e fact dumba is a really good young player, & won't be traded to a hated rivals barring over payment

Dumba re-energized his career, & was himself after bad season due to difficulties from serious shoulder injuries while strome has been bad for 2 years.

It would be rask trade all over again for wild
21 mai 2021 à 13 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
Dumba was re-energized this year playing with Jonas Brodin. He was back to his old self and more.

Dumba has 2 years left, & is a million times better than strome who was scratched numerous times including numerous game's fir Chicago to end season

Dumba contributed alot to a playoff team, won games for wild, a top 3 team in their division who
Locked in their #3playoff spot for weeks before season end

Also it's not about seeing both sides. It's about t hff e fact dumba is a really good young player, & won't be traded to a hated rivals barring over payment

Dumba re-energized his career, & was himself after bad season due to difficulties from serious shoulder injuries while strome has been bad for 2 years.

It would be rask trade all over again for wild

Rask has terrible underlying numbers. Strome is better than Dumba by any indication. Matt didn't "bounce back" by any numbers I've seen.

The problem is you're judging this as a poor trade just by your arbitrary similarity judgement to a Rask trade I was pulling my hair out at - cause Niederreiter too has amazing underlying numbers.

What's also weird is that you're crediting Dumba with Brodin being really good. This is some "we can't trade him, he scored next to McDavid"-logic. That is exactly when you cash in on someone having their stats boosted, in my opinion.
21 mai 2021 à 13 h 20
Banni
Rask has terrible underlying numbers. Strome is better than Dumba by any indication. Matt didn't "bounce back" by any numbers I've seen.

The problem is you're judging this as a poor trade just by your arbitrary similarity judgement to a Rask trade I was pulling my hair out at - cause Niederreiter too has amazing underlying numbers.

What's also weird is that you're crediting Dumba with Brodin being really good. This is some "we can't trade him, he scored next to McDavid"-logic. That is exactly when you cash in on someone having their stats boosted, in my opinion.

But if it wasn't a division rival, it would be different
21 mai 2021 à 13 h 50
Patient gm
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 992

Early in the season numbers between dumba and brodin looked like a top 5 pair in the league. Those numbers showed dumba having shored up some defensive lapses and brodin stepped up his offense. It’s evened out over the season on the dumba defense side. He’s not amazing, but he’s not a liability at this point. But brodin still has that offensive side which is really nice.
21 mai 2021 à 14 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
But if it wasn't a division rival, it would be different

If anything you should want to trade with division rivals, as you're presumably believing you're winning the trade
21 mai 2021 à 14 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
Quoting: Lightman13
Early in the season numbers between dumba and brodin looked like a top 5 pair in the league. Those numbers showed dumba having shored up some defensive lapses and brodin stepped up his offense. It’s evened out over the season on the dumba defense side. He’s not amazing, but he’s not a liability at this point. But brodin still has that offensive side which is really nice.

I'd think Dumba was a decent option to use when you need to score as he increases offense is both directions. The real thorn in the side for me is that he's producing below expectations on the power play. I have a hard time accepting that from a player with his offensive skillset.

Also, I don't think Brodin has much offense - but he does the opposite of Dumba and reduces shots in both directions. The difference is Brodin does it way more for the opposition than for his own team, which is really good.
21 mai 2021 à 14 h 17
Banni
If anything you should want to trade with division rivals, as you're presumably believing you're winning the trade

Not really because young good players like dumba doesn't get traded in division especially one for one for a player who couldn't even hack it on a bad Chicago team. His numbers have decreased for two years in a row, & his slow.

A good young player like dumba getting traded for a player coming off two years in a row of decreasing stat, & being slow isn't winning the trade
21 mai 2021 à 14 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
Not really because young good players like dumba doesn't get traded in division especially one for one for a player who couldn't even hack it on a bad Chicago team. His numbers have decreased for two years in a row, & his slow.

A good young player like dumba getting traded for a player coming off two years in a row of decreasing stat, & being slow isn't winning the trade

You're calling a 3 years older Dumba young continuously in this conversation... Strome is younger. Then he's not getting traded one for one in the division either? Except he is in this scenario?

Don't say numbers when you mean points. His numbers looked good this year, better than Dumba's. And you even aluded to it yourself - he was sometimes out of the lineup, and not getting proper opportunity while in it.

There's a difference in what happened - i.e. he wasn't a mainstay on Chicago's top lines, and what *should* have happened. He should have been Chicago's 2C this season, after a really good season from Pius Suter.
21 mai 2021 à 17 h 44
Banni
You're calling a 3 years older Dumba young continuously in this conversation... Strome is younger. Then he's not getting traded one for one in the division either? Except he is in this scenario?

Don't say numbers when you mean points. His numbers looked good this year, better than Dumba's. And you even aluded to it yourself - he was sometimes out of the lineup, and not getting proper opportunity while in it.

There's a difference in what happened - i.e. he wasn't a mainstay on Chicago's top lines, and what *should* have happened. He should have been Chicago's 2C this season, after a really good season from Pius Suter.

The fact be wasn't playing in a lot of games before season ended for Chicago is everything

Umm dumba was better than strome this year in every accord including points because I just looked it up

Also, wild aren't going to trade a good young player too a hated division rival. Yes, strome maybe younger, but dumba is still better, contributed to a playoff team, contributed to a record setting team win in regulation, is contributing tona playoff games

Dylan strome is another victor rask because both are beyond slow but rask is very smart

Come on now, the fact rask was scratched/ didn't play is such an indictment

Even if dumba is getting traded i1 for 1 your fantasy proposal, he's not going to be traded for a Dylan strome player. Gm didn't even trade dumba for Sean Monahan whose better in every single way

Wild have a better view of dumba than you.

Dumba's season/ points this year

https://www.nhl.com/player/matt-dumba-8476856

Dylan strome points this year

https://www.nhl.com/player/dylan-strome-8478440

Dylan strome played in more games than dumba , & had less points,
21 mai 2021 à 18 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
The fact be wasn't playing in a lot of games before season ended for Chicago is everything

Umm dumba was better than strome this year in every accord including points because I just looked it up

Also, wild aren't going to trade a good young player too a hated division rival. Yes, strome maybe younger, but dumba is still better, contributed to a playoff team, contributed to a record setting team win in regulation, is contributing tona playoff games

Dylan strome is another victor rask because both are beyond slow but rask is very smart

Come on now, the fact rask was scratched/ didn't play is such an indictment

Even if dumba is getting traded i1 for 1 your fantasy proposal, he's not going to be traded for a Dylan strome player. Gm didn't even trade dumba for Sean Monahan whose better in every single way

Wild have a better view of dumba than you.

Dumba's season/ points this year

https://www.nhl.com/player/matt-dumba-8476856

Dylan strome points this year

https://www.nhl.com/player/dylan-strome-8478440

Dylan strome played in more games than dumba , & had less points,

I don't care about points. Points don't determine player value. You don't need to post points at me, I can look them up if I care - but I don't, I use more sophisticated numerical analysis.

The numbers I use tell me;

Niederreiter >> Strome > Dumba > Rask ~ Monahan, for everyone you talked about in this thread. Monahan was better than Rask in the past, but Rask actually just had a decent season, like an average, defensive type of forward. Monahan is not very impressive, but he does well on the PP.
23 mai 2021 à 11 h 24
Minnesota Wild
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 335

If you don't want people to know you have alt accounts, you probably shouldn't use the exact same phrase while posting with both. BrodinCheerD is the only other account I've seen here who has repeatedly said "wild can't afford losing 2 top 4 dman in one off-season".
23 mai 2021 à 11 h 32
Minnesota Wild
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 335
People already know so it doesn't matter. I am not trying to hud anything, &; you really went back to a conversation from may 21 because?

I went back 2 days to see if there was anything interesting in a Wild thread that I missed. I've been busy this weekend doing other things.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage