Forums/Armchair-GM

Fire Bergevin

Créé par: mistergm87
Équipe: 2020-21 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 24 févr. 2021
Publié: 24 févr. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I know that firing Claude Julien was the right move and all that but, i feel bergevin should be gone if mtl doesn't make the playoffs this year.
The mete story is something i find very concerning imo, rumors leaaks that mete has asked for a trade because he is not playing. ( His value is absolutely nothing because he doesn't play)
Then, out of nowhere, mete starts playing every game almost. Kulak is bench and romanov also. Mete plays like crap saturday against Toronto and he's still in the lineup which i don't understand at all. Romanov played one bad game and he's in the stands. Mete sucks and he's still playing. I found this very weird. I hope Bergevin wasn't in Julien ears telling him who should be plaaying and all that but it sures looks like it. IMO bergevin was trying to boost mete value because i don't understand the logic behind claude julien not playing mete all of the first 10 games and them after all the rumors playing him everytime. It makes no sense to me.
This team sucked last year and i feel like this team was super overhyped at the start of the year because if you compare this team to the one that was in the floor of the standings last year, they are very similar. Okay, he added Toffoli who is a upgrade and Anderson also an upgrade from Domi but thoses players aren't game changers, they are a little bit more than average at best. The rest of the team is the same and some of their best guys are regressing. Price is not the same, Weber is not a top 2 defenceman, Chiarot is baad and Kotkaniemi has been regressing ever since he got drafted (except for the bubble where he had 5-6 great games but this season, he's been pretty bad). Bergevin has tied his hands with the salary cap because he overpaid everybody and they aren't near contenders level imo. Its sad to see but i feel like this team needs a big retool.
Transactions
MTL
  1. Montour, Brandon (1 925 000 $ retained)
BUF
  1. Mete, Victor
  2. Tatar, Tomas
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (WSH)
BUF
  1. Byron, Paul
  2. Caufield, Cole [Liste de réserve]
  3. Chiarot, Ben
  4. Kotkaniemi, Jesperi
  5. Poehling, Ryan
  6. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (MTL)
  7. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (MTL)
NYR
  1. Fleury, Cale
  2. Sheahan, Riley
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2021 (VGK)
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de CHI
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de MTL
Logo de OTT
Logo de PHI
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $75 631 309 $0 $637 500 $5 868 691 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
C
UFA - 6
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
2 125 000 $2 125 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
C
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 7
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
3 083 333 $3 083 333 $
C
UFA - 1
2 550 000 $2 550 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Rangers de New York
1 550 000 $1 550 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 2
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DG
RFA - 2
7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 6
4 350 000 $4 350 000 $
G
UFA - 1
5 950 000 $5 950 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
1 925 000 $1 925 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Équipe de réserve
750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
C, AD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
24 févr. 2021 à 14 h 33
Banni
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,915
I think Bergevin has a long leash with management and it's been earned. He's constructed a roster that can play almost any style of play and he's managed the cap well. He's draft record is pretty good, and he's been winning a lot of trades by a landslide for a few years. The coaching change should help a lot. I don't think he's on the hot seat at all.

Side note: Romanov hasn't looked good in more than 1 game. Every game against Toronto he's looked out of place and he can clearly be out muscled and passed by with speed. He might need some time in the AHL to develop better before he loses all confidence.
24 févr. 2021 à 14 h 38
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
“Mete starts playing every game almost”

He was put into the lineup for 1 game after Kulak struggled, played really well, and then played 2 more games before getting taken out of the lineup again. He took 2 borderline penalties, but wasn’t that bad.

Also, all of the decisions in regards to Mete are made by CJ, not by Bergy. So all you’re doing is supporting that CJ deserved to be fired.
24 févr. 2021 à 14 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 26
Quoting: Ryminister_27
I think Bergevin has a long leash with management and it's been earned. He's constructed a roster that can play almost any style of play and he's managed the cap well. He's draft record is pretty good, and he's been winning a lot of trades by a landslide for a few years. The coaching change should help a lot. I don't think he's on the hot seat at all.

Side note: Romanov hasn't looked good in more than 1 game. Every game against Toronto he's looked out of place and he can clearly be out muscled and passed by with speed. He might need some time in the AHL to develop better before he loses all confidence.

don't agree with the fact that he managed the cap well. He has average player evrery where but this makes mtl an average team. They need a star player like eichel ( only one that might be on the market imo) because thats what it takes to win the cup. You need to have guys that are game-changers on your top6 who might get paid more but, a team needs to have cheap depth to compensate for that. You can't have 14M$ on your goaltender and like 10M$ on your third line and top 6 defenceman being paid almost 4M$
24 févr. 2021 à 14 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
“Mete starts playing every game almost”

He was put into the lineup for 1 game after Kulak struggled, played really well, and then played 2 more games before getting taken out of the lineup again. He took 2 borderline penalties, but wasn’t that bad.

Also, all of the decisions in regards to Mete are made by CJ, not by Bergy. So all you’re doing is supporting that CJ deserved to be fired.

what makes you think that. we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, if MB feels he has authority on the head coach because he is the GM and its his team them he can decide what he wants. If the head coach doesnz,t agree then he is fired. I said CJ deserved to be fired, but the blame is not all on him imo. Not on Kirk muller also
24 févr. 2021 à 14 h 46
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: mistergm87
what makes you think that. we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, if MB feels he has authority on the head coach because he is the GM and its his team them he can decide what he wants. If the head coach doesnz,t agree then he is fired.

Even if he were to do something like that (which just doesn’t happen) what is his motivation for making this decision, and why is it grounds for him being fired?

You’re arguing that Bergevin should be fired for a lineup decision on a depth player that is probably a less that 1% probability that he even made that decision.
MTLFAN27 a aimé ceci.
24 févr. 2021 à 14 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Even if he were to do something like that (which just doesn’t happen) what is his motivation for making this decision, and why is it grounds for him being fired?

You’re arguing that Bergevin should be fired for a lineup decision on a depth player that is probably a less that 1% probability that he even made that decision.

well if mtl doesn't make the playoffs then he should be fired because it would show that CJ maybe wasn't the problem and i also point to the fact that mtl media really overhyped thisteam and MB. everybody was ready to say that mtl was winning the cup and bergevin is gm of the year and blablabla and i feel like the fact that they were coming back to normal right now pissed off Bergevin. I feel like he still see like Mtl can be a contender this year wihch is not the case
24 févr. 2021 à 14 h 56
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: mistergm87
well if mtl doesn't make the playoffs then he should be fired because it would show that CJ maybe wasn't the problem and i also point to the fact that mtl media really overhyped thisteam and MB. everybody was ready to say that mtl was winning the cup and bergevin is gm of the year and blablabla and i feel like the fact that they were coming back to normal right now pissed off Bergevin. I feel like he still see like Mtl can be a contender this year wihch is not the case

Ok, I see you don’t have any valid points, and are clearly just salty that the habs beat the Pens in the play-ins last year. Well, anyways, he isn’t getting fired since you’re not Geoff Moulson. Have fun watching the Pens deal with the wreckage that Jim Rutherford left behind over the next few years. 👋
24 févr. 2021 à 14 h 57
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 260
Chill on KK man. He certainly hasn't regressed from last season. Last playoffs maybe but not last season. He has 8 PTS in 18 games while not even playing in the top 6 and not playing much on the PP.
24 févr. 2021 à 15 h 0
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,832
As an outsider....I thought Montreal was coming on last season. The additions this year put the Habs is a great situation this year.
Gee, I can't understand their sudden decline......Seem to have good LWers and RWers. Maybe just a average centres but they are young. Defence should be at better than most as is the goaltending.

Thought the Leafs, Habs, and Jets are the class of the division and each team just takes its chances in the playoffs.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
24 févr. 2021 à 15 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: palhal
As an outsider....I thought Montreal was coming on last season. The additions this year put the Habs is a great situation this year.
Gee, I can't understand their sudden decline......Seem to have good LWers and RWers. Maybe just a average centres but they are young. Defence should be at better than most as is the goaltending.

Thought the Leafs, Habs, and Jets are the class of the division and each team just takes its chances in the playoffs.

edmonton should be their also. Can't underestimate mcdavid and draisaitl
24 févr. 2021 à 15 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Ok, I see you don’t have any valid points, and are clearly just salty that the habs beat the Pens in the play-ins last year. Well, anyways, he isn’t getting fired since you’re not Geoff Moulson. Have fun watching the Pens deal with the wreckage that Jim Rutherford left behind over the next few years. 👋

i can guaraantee you that he gets fired if they don't make the playoffs (which is a huge possibility) and don't care rutherford won 2 cups with pittsburgh something mtl haven't and will probably not for the next 10 years because of their horrible contracts and no superstar talent. i said superstar not star so i don't waanna hear nothing about caufield and suzuki and definitely not kk
24 févr. 2021 à 21 h 33
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,386
VAN is not making that deal. They want nothing to do with that Price contract.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage