Forums/Armchair-GM

Wishful Thinking 2021

Créé par: CD282
Équipe: 2021-22 Oilers d'Edmonton
Date de création initiale: 10 déc. 2020
Publié: 10 déc. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Just having fun... if hawks decide to rebuild ain't nobody taking a $10.5M cap hit right now. Obviously this is dependent on things breaking right for Savoie and Jones this year.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3850 000 $
2800 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
64 167 000 $
32 750 000 $
32 750 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
56 750 000 $
35 750 000 $
11 000 000 $
12 850 000 $
Transactions
CHI
  1. Jones, Caleb
  2. Neal, James
  3. Savoie, Carter [Liste de réserve]
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (EDM)
EDM
    Seattle Expansion Draft
    Rachats de contrats
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2381 500 000 $73 933 839 $669 339 $907 500 $7 566 161 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
    850 000 $850 000 $
    AG, C
    RFA - 3
    12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
    C
    UFA - 5
    Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
    2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
    AD
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
    AG, C
    UFA - 8
    8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 4
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    AD
    RFA - 1
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    AG, AD, C
    UFA
    2 850 000 $2 850 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 1
    1 175 000 $1 175 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 1
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    800 000 $800 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    834 167 $834 167 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
    C
    RFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    5 600 000 $5 600 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    4 167 000 $4 167 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    825 000 $825 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 3
    725 000 $725 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    DD
    RFA - 2
    800 000 $800 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    4 167 000 $4 167 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    10 déc. 2020 à 17 h 46
    Rejoint: avr. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 6,135
    It'd cost a 1st + just to dump Neal. Hawks pass on this pretty easily
    10 déc. 2020 à 18 h 13
    Rejoint: juin 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,931
    Not sure how to feel about this. For this to be possible certain things needs to take place for both Chicago and Edmonton and in the event those situations took place I think the offer is within reason. Certainly not something I’d be wishing for but would be pretty darn cool to see happen.
    CD282 a aimé ceci.
    10 déc. 2020 à 18 h 15
    Banni
    Rejoint: nov. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 131
    No way in hell Chicago says yes
    10 déc. 2020 à 19 h 10
    Ouch
    Rejoint: sept. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 540
    Quoting: SociallyHawkward

Chicago will take what they can get
    CD282 a aimé ceci.
    10 déc. 2020 à 19 h 13
    Quoting: JmoneyTalk

You don't just "take what you can get" when trading your franchise player. That's a quick way to lose all the fans they gained the past decade. If you don't get a deal you want then you don't trade the best player on your team.
    CallingOutHomers a aimé ceci.
    11 déc. 2020 à 8 h 18
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: mars 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 7,797

Quoting: Yash97
    No way in hell Chicago says yes

Quoting: Timmah007
    Not sure how to feel about this. For this to be possible certain things needs to take place for both Chicago and Edmonton and in the event those situations took place I think the offer is within reason. Certainly not something I’d be wishing for but would be pretty darn cool to see happen.

Quoting: MadmanFromMadison
    Its kane not Seabrook you clown

Early days, but Savoie has as many goals as Cole Caufield in HALF the games while being a full year younger. This kid has a world class shot - the 1st isn't the key return here.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/league/ncaa/stats/2020-2021?sort=g

Jones should prove to be a top-4 defenseman this year as a 23-year-old, and is $850k for another year then RFA. He'll be worth at least as much as a late first.
    11 déc. 2020 à 9 h 30
    Rejoint: juin 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,931
    Quoting: CD282
    Early days, but Savoie has as many goals as Cole Caufield in HALF the games while being a full year younger. This kid has a world class shot - the 1st isn't the key return here.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/league/ncaa/stats/2020-2021?sort=g

Jones should prove to be a top-4 defenseman this year as a 23-year-old, and is $850k for another year then RFA. He'll be worth at least as much as a late first.

It is nice seeing the team after over a decade firing blanks outside of first round to see guys like this from later rounds show high end promise.
    CD282 a aimé ceci.
    11 déc. 2020 à 12 h 44
    Ouch
    You don't just "take what you can get" when trading your franchise player. That's a quick way to lose all the fans they gained the past decade. If you don't get a deal you want then you don't trade the best player on your team.

I know what you mean, but if the Hawks truly want to start a rebuild they will have to trade some of their stars for picks and prospects. At 32 and with 10.5 mil cap hit right now, Chicago may not get full value
    CD282 a aimé ceci.
    11 déc. 2020 à 13 h 11
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: mars 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 7,797
    I know what you mean, but if the Hawks truly want to start a rebuild they will have to trade some of their stars for picks and prospects. At 32 and with 10.5 mil cap hit right now, Chicago may not get full value

Exactly.
    JmoneyTalk a aimé ceci.
    11 déc. 2020 à 15 h 1

Quoting: CD282
    Exactly.

They specifically said they're rebuilding around the 4 core guys left. They're not looking to trade toews or kane.
    With that said if they did want to trade kane (and lose a bunch of their more casua fans) they could always retain a couple mil to get a much better deal than this.
    11 déc. 2020 à 15 h 21
    Ouch
    They specifically said they're rebuilding around the 4 core guys left. They're not looking to trade toews or kane.
    With that said if they did want to trade kane (and lose a bunch of their more casua fans) they could always retain a couple mil to get a much better deal than this.

It would have to retain a pretty significant amount, any team willing to pay to add a 32 year old will be pretty close to cap, Kane's of the best but if Chicago was smart they should trade him before there is no market left, the sooner the better for a team that most likely won't win another cup with their current roster. I know what Chicago said but things change fast and management lies to make people happy. What do you think the return should be?
    CD282 a aimé ceci.
    11 déc. 2020 à 15 h 31
    It would have to retain a pretty significant amount, any team willing to pay to add a 32 year old will be pretty close to cap, Kane's of the best but if Chicago was smart they should trade him before there is no market left, the sooner the better for a team that most likely won't win another cup with their current roster. I know what Chicago said but things change fast and management lies to make people happy. What do you think the return should be?

I don't think they should trade him at all. I think toews and kane and to a lesser extent Keith should be hawks for as long as they want to be. Even if that means they don't win a cup until they're gone. They brought the team back from the dead and won 3 cups. Their value to the team is way more than they would get in any trade.
    11 déc. 2020 à 18 h 21
    Ouch
    I don't think they should trade him at all. I think toews and kane and to a lesser extent Keith should be hawks for as long as they want to be. Even if that means they don't win a cup until they're gone. They brought the team back from the dead and won 3 cups. Their value to the team is way more than they would get in any trade.

Absolutely true if hockey wasn't a business. I get the Stanley cups brought in money for the franchise and players and other members throughout the entire franchise need to compensated for that. But at the end of the day you still need to look into the future, no when to hold them, know when to fold them. If Chicago wants to take the least time to transition back into a dynasty, which should be every team's goal, they need to trade some stars now while they can get max value for them. I know it's more then that, but if you get to sentimental you will miss future windows, not trading them now or soon could impact the franchise so badly they won't be truely competitive for who knows how long
    CD282 a aimé ceci.
    11 déc. 2020 à 18 h 52
    Absolutely true if hockey wasn't a business. I get the Stanley cups brought in money for the franchise and players and other members throughout the entire franchise need to compensated for that. But at the end of the day you still need to look into the future, no when to hold them, know when to fold them. If Chicago wants to take the least time to transition back into a dynasty, which should be every team's goal, they need to trade some stars now while they can get max value for them. I know it's more then that, but if you get to sentimental you will miss future windows, not trading them now or soon could impact the franchise so badly they won't be truely competitive for who knows how long

The thing most people don't get is the hawks have been building up their prospects for a few years now. Yeah they haven't bottomed out like ottawa or LA but
    they already have a really good group of young players and are one of the youngest teams in the league. To be contenders they're really only missing 2 things.

1. A top pairing left defenseman who can take over for Keith on the first pair.

2. A starting goalie.

My take on them letting Crawford walk is they knew they couldn't truly tank with him on the team. He's still really good despite his age. They want to be bad this season because this draft is pretty heavy on defensemen. So letting crawford go accomplishes 2 things. Being bad enough this season to get better draft position to grab one of those good defensemen to hopefully become your #1 LD. And it also let's them see what they have in their 3 young goalies who haven't really had a shot yet behind crawford. This season is their test. Are either of Subban, Delia, or Lankinen ready to be the new starter.

Best case scenario is all 3 goalies split time and 1 of them has obviously better numbers than the other 2. The one that stands out becomes your starter until Commesso is NHL ready. Hawks finish lower in the standings and in a perfect world they draft Owen Power. Filling their 2 biggest holes as soon as next season.
    11 déc. 2020 à 18 h 57

And just to comment on your hockey is a business idea. Yes that is true but how bad would it look to players around the league to see the organization bail on the core guys that won you 3 cups and got you record sell out crowds. All players around the league look at how organizations treat their players. Keeping the core 4 shows future free agents that if you come here and play for the hawks and you win, we will be loyal to you.
    11 déc. 2020 à 19 h 11
    Ouch
    The thing most people don't get is the hawks have been building up their prospects for a few years now. Yeah they haven't bottomed out like ottawa or LA but
    they already have a really good group of young players and are one of the youngest teams in the league. To be contenders they're really only missing 2 things.

1. A top pairing left defenseman who can take over for Keith on the first pair.

2. A starting goalie.

My take on them letting Crawford walk is they knew they couldn't truly tank with him on the team. He's still really good despite his age. They want to be bad this season because this draft is pretty heavy on defensemen. So letting crawford go accomplishes 2 things. Being bad enough this season to get better draft position to grab one of those good defensemen to hopefully become your #1 LD. And it also let's them see what they have in their 3 young goalies who haven't really had a shot yet behind crawford. This season is their test. Are either of Subban, Delia, or Lankinen ready to be the new starter.

Best case scenario is all 3 goalies split time and 1 of them has obviously better numbers than the other 2. The one that stands out becomes your starter until Commesso is NHL ready. Hawks finish lower in the standings and in a perfect world they draft Owen Power. Filling their 2 biggest holes as soon as next season.

I'm not familiar with anyone outside of Dach(who I think they struck gold on and will probably be their franchise player now), DeBrincat, Nylander, Strome, Boqvist. I'm not sure about the goalie prospect you mentioned above but I do know they are crapshoot and can't say you have anything until they are winning st the NHL level, that's not a knock on Chicago, just in general. If they build around those core pieces starting now or even after this season and let what you have suggested happen and if it works out that's good and if not would you say it may be wise to start a rebuild?
    11 déc. 2020 à 19 h 56
    I'm not familiar with anyone outside of Dach(who I think they struck gold on and will probably be their franchise player now), DeBrincat, Nylander, Strome, Boqvist. I'm not sure about the goalie prospect you mentioned above but I do know they are crapshoot and can't say you have anything until they are winning st the NHL level, that's not a knock on Chicago, just in general. If they build around those core pieces starting now or even after this season and let what you have suggested happen and if it works out that's good and if not would you say it may be wise to start a rebuild?

Well after this season they will atleast know who their new starting goalie is or they'll have a really good draft pick and will draft a LD. So I don't see a scenario where they trade toews or kane unless the player forces a trade.
    As far as prospects, Ian mitchell is the guy you'll hear about this season. A promising RD. Good leader.
    Commesso is the team USA goalie. Was the second best goalie in this past draft behind askarov. But he's a ways away from making the NHL.
    They have a handful of other D prospects but no obvious top defenseman on the left.
    11 déc. 2020 à 21 h 20
    Ouch
    And just to comment on your hockey is a business idea. Yes that is true but how bad would it look to players around the league to see the organization bail on the core guys that won you 3 cups and got you record sell out crowds. All players around the league look at how organizations treat their players. Keeping the core 4 shows future free agents that if you come here and play for the hawks and you win, we will be loyal to you.

That's very true, but I feel there is a mutual understanding to some degree of how the business side of the NHL has to operate. You're right but it's not
    like they would be abandoning them entirely, yea trading them to another is sting but if they are going to a contending team they would probably be okay with it. And I'm sure management would approach them about any trade and get their okay more or less
    11 déc. 2020 à 21 h 23
    Ouch
    Well after this season they will atleast know who their new starting goalie is or they'll have a really good draft pick and will draft a LD. So I don't see a scenario where they trade toews or kane unless the player forces a trade.
    As far as prospects, Ian mitchell is the guy you'll hear about this season. A promising RD. Good leader.
    Commesso is the team USA goalie. Was the second best goalie in this past draft behind askarov. But he's a ways away from making the NHL.
    They have a handful of other D prospects but no obvious top defenseman on the left.

I mean yes and no about the starting goalie, all three could flop and then they would have to try and figure something else out. And if they can't, maybe those guys will want to get out of Chicago because they want to win and not just play for a club that's waiting for prospects to develop. So many things could happen. As of today, yea no trade needs to happen unless there is a really good offer or a player asks out. Also I'll keep my eyes and ears open for Mitchell and company, never a bad thing to have good players in the league.
    SociallyHawkward et CD282 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage