SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock 2020 Top 19 Part 2 (with explainations)

Mock 2020 Top 19 Part 2 (with explainations)

Cuvée de repêchage: 2020
Créé par: DavidS36
Publié: 24 août 2020 à 14 h 16
Description
To see my original top 15 explainations https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/351876
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Rangers de New York-If the Rangers want to keep the #1 pick they should not pass up on Alexis Lafreniere
2Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-This is one that i have flipped my decision lately, Tim Stutzle as been getting better by the day and I think by draft day he will make a really good case for LA to take him at #2
3Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Sharks de San Jose#1 center potential in Quinton Byfield will be hard to pass on if he slides to number 3
4Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-After taking Moritz Seider last year at 6th, the Red Wings will most likely look to boost their offensive prospect pool depth this year.
5Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-After picking Tim Stutlze, I think Ottawa will look to find that defense pairing to play along side of Thomas Chabot
6Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Anaheim was able to pick Trevos Zegras last year and this year i think they will look to Cole Perfetti to be his wing partner. Perfetti is listed as a centerman but I think that he would have no problem finding success as a wing in the NHL
7Logo de Devils du New Jersey-The New Jersey Devils in this years draft will most likely be looking for a player that will give them a scoring touch that they have been lacking since trading away Taylor Hall
8Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Alexander Holtz might be the perfect fit in Buffalo, surrounded by other Swedish born players and will get the chance to play on the wing along side of Jack Eichel
9Logo de Wild du Minnesota-The core of this Minnesota Wild team is starting to get older and they need to start getting younger. Anton Lundell might be the right center piece that they are looking for to build around as the years go on.
10Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-The Winnipeg Jets have one of the most lethal offences in the entire NHL but their defensive depth is lacking. Jake Sanderson is a high level 2-way defenseman that should fit in nicely in Winnipeg
11Logo de Predators de Nashville-Nashville is a team with impeccable defensive players and incredible offensive depth, but one of thier main issues over the past year was the lack of scoring. Adding a player like Jack Quinn might be the best solution to the problem.
12Logo de Panthers de la Floride-This one is really simple, Florida is very good at scoring goals but not so good at not letting the other team score goals. Solution? Yes - Kaiden Guhle
13Logo de Hurricanes de la CarolineLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoIf Askarov is still available at this point in the draft I would not be surprised to see a team like San Jose try to trade up to pick him, but I'm not going to torture myself into trying to predict all of those. That being said Carolina Hurricanes are a team that doesn't need many upgrades right now but one problem that continues to taunt them is their need for a long term goalie for the franchise. Yaroslav Askarov is the highest ranked goalie in this years draft and would be able to take his time to develop before being pushed into the League
14Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-After taking two top tier defensemen in the past two years, the Edmonton Oilers will most likely look to boost thier offensive depth. Seth Jarvis would be perfect for that exact task.
15Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh's core is getting older and they need to start building a prospect pool and i think they just go for the highest ranked player that will be avaliable at this point in the draft
16Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-After stealing Cole Caufield at 15 last year, who is now plaing at Wisconsion, the Montreal Canadians can go either way with this pick. They could either reach a little and go with a defenseman or pick up Cole Caufield's teammate at Wisconsion Dylan Holloway.
17Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-After selecting Kiby Dach and finding superstar potential in Dominik Kubalik, the Blackhawks will most likely look to boost their defensive prospect pool. Braden Schneider is steady 2-way defenseman that can move to the puck up nicely out of his own end.
18Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaThe New Jersey Devils are one of the two teams that have 3 first round picks this year. I have them taking Lucas Raymond with the first of the three and with the 2nd and 3rd picks I see them picking up at least one defensemen. Justin Barron is a big 6'2'' D-man that could be really good on the back end for the devils.
19Logo de Flames de Calgary-The Calgary Flames are a team that is aging fast and looking to get younger, I see them taking the best offenseman available
20Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Canucks de Vancouver
21Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Islanders de New York
22Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-
23Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
24Logo de Stars de Dallas-
25Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-
26Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-
27Logo de Capitals de Washington-
28Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
29Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-
30Logo de Blues de St-Louis-
31Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de Boston
24 août 2020 à 14 h 52
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,753
It would be highly unlikely the Hawks draft a defensive prospect that isn't a pretty solid lock as a first liner, such as Sanderson and certainly no right handed guys as you've shown here. On the right, they have Boqvist (19 years old and still a prospect in my mind), Ian Mitchell (top 5 prospects moving to pro this year), Alec Regula (put up a big year with London), and of course existing guys in Murphy and Seabrook. On the left, it's even a bigger logjam with Beaudin, Carlsson, Kalynuk, and Gilbert in addition to the seasoned pros in Keith, Maatta, and De Haan; however the glaring hole is a first liner on the left. That said, there is not that player in the top 20 beyond Sanderson as I don't think Barron is a 1st liner. All that said, in your scenario with the players gone ahead the, I have the Hawks taking Gunler as such.
24 août 2020 à 15 h 9
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
How has tim Stutzle been getting better by the day while not playing hockey 😂. I agree the kings will take him but I j find that funny
Leemer et crankshaft a aimé ceci.
24 août 2020 à 17 h 57
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,219
I will be very surprised if Amirov doesn't go in the top 19.
25 août 2020 à 12 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 22
Quoting: ChiHawk
It would be highly unlikely the Hawks draft a defensive prospect that isn't a pretty solid lock as a first liner, such as Sanderson and certainly no right handed guys as you've shown here. On the right, they have Boqvist (19 years old and still a prospect in my mind), Ian Mitchell (top 5 prospects moving to pro this year), Alec Regula (put up a big year with London), and of course existing guys in Murphy and Seabrook. On the left, it's even a bigger logjam with Beaudin, Carlsson, Kalynuk, and Gilbert in addition to the seasoned pros in Keith, Maatta, and De Haan; however the glaring hole is a first liner on the left. That said, there is not that player in the top 20 beyond Sanderson as I don't think Barron is a 1st liner. All that said, in your scenario with the players gone ahead the, I have the Hawks taking Gunler as such.

That is very possible, I would think that they might want to build up their defensive depth and try to develop one of these prospects into a first line player. The Hawks offense already has so much talent and skill at both ends of the age spectrum. But like you said Schneider or Barron are probably not going to be first liners so they might go with Gunler
25 août 2020 à 12 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 22
Quoting: crankshaft
I will be very surprised if Amirov doesn't go in the top 19.

It is very possible that he does. For example the Flames pick is just whoever is available at that point. I used TSN's Draft Ranking to determine who is ranked higher but I do not have the Calgary Flames' rankings. If they rank him higher then Lapierre then they will take him there
25 août 2020 à 18 h 14
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,149
now do one for toronto cause we got pittsburghs pick

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage