Who Would You Keep In This Scenario
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

13 août 2020 à 17 h 27
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,759
Quoting: oneX
I'm not sold on any of those players. Manson from 3 years ago would have been the choice, not now tho.

I'm not either, I actually want no part of Manson.
But I'm ready to go any of the other 3, I also like Myers for the same reason I like Weegar.
13 août 2020 à 17 h 30
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
Quoting: leafs101
I don't get it. Unless we have to trade him to make room for the perfect fit D, Dermott is everything we could ask for. Decision making is just okay, but that comes with experience and with playing with a guy like Muzz at such a young age. Plays with speed, offensive ability, heart, and grit in the D zone. Has all of the tools to be a top 4 stud with a little bit more experience and learning from a guy like Muzzin. I think it should go:

Rielly (5M) - Shutdown D (3.5M) (trade or UFA)
Muzz (5.6M) - Dermott (1.2M)
Sandin (874k) - Vet D (2M) (UFA)

So Lehtonen is not given a chance at all then? Also if You are spending 2 million on a bottom pair d, why not just have Holl there. Anyone who says he was terrible in the playoffs is just not paying attention. Sure he isn't Muzzin and he certainly isn't anywhere near Rielly but he was miles better than Ceci and I would say better than Barrie by a wide margin. Dermott I think has a lot more growing to do but he is just 23 so give him time. People are too consumed on here about getting a Norris calibre right handed defenceman. That isn't needed, they need two good two way guys who can make smart pinches (which the TO system puts a premium on) and can defend in their own zone. Limit rebounds sort of thing. People tend to freak out when a team gets a cycle going and pass it around the outside a bunch but that also is the Keefe defensive scheme. Cutting down odd man rushes is the most critical thing this needs to do but I will say, that has as much to do with the forwards as it does the defence. When a defenceman pinches, he needs to make sure the high forward is high enough to cover and the high forward needs to be responsible when the defenceman pinches and way too often the forwards are not doing that. Watch back and you'll see that Matthews almost never made that mistake, the defence pinches and if he was the high forward he was in position. Kapanen, constantly drops lower and then gets burned. Robertson got burned several times as well. It isn't all on the defencemen.
Trickster et BigBrainDubas a aimé ceci.
13 août 2020 à 17 h 32
Banni
Quoting: Trickster
We gotta keep both right now and add a RD.

I see pairs as this for next season :

Rielly and ???
Muzzin and Holl
Dermott and Lehtonen

Most names thought are Weegar, Murphy, Severson, and Manson.

Murphy would be a good add. Or if by chance he wants a short term deal to bridge himself to hopefully a cap increase. Maybe get Tanev on a less than expected deal.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
13 août 2020 à 19 h 7
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,636
Modifié 13 août 2020 à 19 h 14
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood

Kapanen, constantly drops lower and then gets burned. Robertson got burned several times as well. It isn't all on the defencemen.

Specifically about the Dermott pinch, I hope people are smart enough to realize that it's not Dermott's fault but that it's Kapanen's responsibility to cover for Dermott and not allowed what eventually happened.

I'll go as far and say that most of the mental breakdowns in coverage which led to goals were thanks to lapses by Leafs forwards. I want people to re-read that sentence and go watch the goals. Leafs forwards need to be better.
13 août 2020 à 19 h 12
hey look a squirrel
Mentions "j'aime": 3,759
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
Murphy would be a good add. Or if by chance he wants a short term deal to bridge himself to hopefully a cap increase. Maybe get Tanev on a less than expected deal.

Is 2 years of Murphy worth Kapanen?
Tanev seems too injury prone, and turning 31, pass.
13 août 2020 à 19 h 14
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 0
Due to the upcoming expansion draft, it would be smart for some teams to deal away one of their top 4 D. I think the leafs should be open to using one of these two along with a top 6 forward to get the right fit at 1RD/2RD. Nashville seems most obvious to me, I just don't know whether they would rather send Ekholm or Ellis away (Leafs would most likely target Ellis I'd imagine).

I feel like both Poile and Dubas need to have results next year (conference semifinals or more), or they both will be fired due to their poor forward signings and lack of results.

If I had to pick between Holl and Dermott (assuming we are getting decent value for whoever is traded), I would keep Holl, since Dermott will be forced into a position he is less than optimal at, while Holl has shown he can make a decent pairing with Muzzin.

My hot take for next season is that Lehtonen will be the Leafs' 2RD by the halfway point at the latest. I think Sandin-Holl would work better as a bottom pairing than Sandin-Dermott, especially if we can sell Dermott for more value than Holl.
13 août 2020 à 20 h 21
Banni
Quoting: Trickster
Is 2 years of Murphy worth Kapanen?
Tanev seems too injury prone, and turning 31, pass.

Yes for sure he's worth it. Kapanen is so overrated
13 août 2020 à 20 h 45
Trad Breliving
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,989
I’m late seeing this but I would keep Dermott over Holl. He’s younger and he will continue to get better. Also, he looked good in the play-in in my opinion. Holl was kinda a wreck without Muzzin.

Another thought is Alec Martinez. I feel like he would be a great fit in Toronto.. with Muzzin 😉.. I have no clue about his value though.

Along with my Nylander to Anaheim trade idea the d core would look something like this-
Rielly - Manson
Muzzin - Martinez
Dermott - Lehtonen
*Sandin

Edit: Let Seattle take Manson in the expansion draft. by then we can hope lehtonen or dermott can take that top 4 roll
13 août 2020 à 21 h 47
Terry_AkiSauce
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,045
Holl played 24:25 in game 5 and Dermott played 18:21. Both are 3rd pairing d imo but I think this shows how Keefe and Dubas view them
13 août 2020 à 21 h 59
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,129
They probably have to keep Holl, he has a NTC
14 août 2020 à 8 h 4
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 0
@MitchMarnerElite i am keeping Holl.

I understand that Dermott is still early in his career, but he is turning into Just a Guy the more we watch. He's great as a 3rd liner, against sheltered minutes, but never performs when elevated up the lineup. He is the Arby's of fast food chains. Does somethings really well, but you are almost disappointed you got a deli meat sandwich instead of the burger you were looking for.
14 août 2020 à 12 h 12
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 246
Trade kapannen
14 août 2020 à 16 h 20
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 319
Quoting: oneX
I'm not sold on any of those players. Manson from 3 years ago would have been the choice, not now tho.

I like Murphy He eats up minutes and won't cost you the game.
15 août 2020 à 13 h 51
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 246
Trade Dermott

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage