SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Leafs vs Oilers whos the better team right now

Créé par: RangerWall92
Équipe: 2019-20 Équipe personnalisée
Date de création initiale: 2 juill. 2020
Publié: 2 juill. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1181 500 000 $18 352 500 $0 $135 000 $63 147 500 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
808 333 $808 333 $ (Bonis de performance32 500 $$32K)
AG, AD
UFA - 2
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
737 500 $737 500 $
AG
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
720 000 $720 000 $ (Bonis de performance20 000 $$20K)
DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 900 000 $1 900 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $
DD
RFA - 4
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 16
Klim is Him
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 40
Quoting: mhockey91
absolutely no comment if you don't see a drastic difference in lines...

Just look at the stats man. Toronto’s are slightly better but Edmonton has much more versatility out of their guys.
ZiggyPalffy a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 19
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,805
Quoting: nics6ix
How can you compare Edmonton's 2nd, 3rd, or 4th line to that of Toronto's. I know you have some major hate towards Toronto but that is completely unrealistic. Toronto has arguably the best depth in the league, not only saying this as a Leafs fan, but as a hockey fan in general. A third line of Johnsson-Kerfoot-Kapanen is 100x better than Edmonton's Athanasiou-Sheahan-Archibald. Come on...

I wasn't comparing them lol. I guess I was being overly critical. Toronto does have a great forward group all through out there lineup. However, as everyone knows Toronto has serious flaws at defense.

Edms top 6 scores probably at the same rate as TOR. There bottom 6 is full of solid role players which every NHL team needs in order to win a cup. Plus EDMs defense blows doors over Torontos. Goaltending is about the same.

If EDM was playing TOR in a series my money is on the Oilers.
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 24
Banni
Dude Edmonton has awful depth.

Let’s just say their top 6 is:

AA-McDavid-Kassian
RNH-Drai-Yams

Their third line is
Ennis-Sheehan-Archibald
Both Sheehan and Archibald aren’t third line players.

Toronto’s third line of:
Johnsson-Kerfoot-Kap
Smokes it’s

Edmonton’s third line is probably the worst in the league among playoff teams. At least one of them.

I don't know if you are 100% accurate on your proposed 3rd line of EDM.

They have solid bottom 6 role players which are needed to win Stanley Cups.
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 25
Banni
Quoting: Trevy
Just look at the stats man. Toronto’s are slightly better but Edmonton has much more versatility out of their guys.

EDM vs TOR in the playoffs, my money is on the Oilers 100%
Trevy a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 31
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
Quoting: SammyT_51
offense = Leafs
defense = Oilers (gap is closer here than on forwards)
Goalies = Leafs

Leafs are better, but not by much.

Where is all this Love for the Oilers defence coming from? They legit are not at all good. Defensively the Oilers were terrible this year, across the board. Klefbom is good and Nurse is not bad but overpaid I'd say. The rest are either at best serviceable or bottom pair guys. There is no statistical evidence to support the Oilers being better defensively. They had a good PK, that's it. If they were even middle of the pack they would have been out of the playoffs by a long shot.
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 36
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
Quoting: Bf3351
I don't know if you are 100% accurate on your proposed 3rd line of EDM.

They have solid bottom 6 role players which are needed to win Stanley Cups.

their bottom 6 sucks. theres no denying that. In a Stanley cup run, often times, your top end players will go through hot / cold streaks. When this happens, you need a team that can rely on their bottom 6 depth to chip in on scoring when this happens. I remember multiple Pittsburgh Penguin Runs (most notably 2014) where they were extremely top heavy, and didn't have the bottom 6 to chip in when their stars went on a slump. this resulted in early exits. Compare this to the 2016/2017 Stanley cup runs where we were provided with scoring throughout the entire lineup. This Edmonton teams bottom 6 isn't good enough to win a cup. When Drai/McDavid hit a slump, their bottom 6 probably wont be able to chip in. They just simply aren't good enough.
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 37
Banni
their bottom 6 sucks. theres no denying that. In a Stanley cup run, often times, your top end players will go through hot / cold streaks. When this happens, you need a team that can rely on their bottom 6 depth to chip in on scoring when this happens. I remember multiple Pittsburgh Penguin Runs (most notably 2014) where they were extremely top heavy, and didn't have the bottom 6 to chip in when their stars went on a slump. this resulted in early exits. Compare this to the 2016/2017 Stanley cup runs where we were provided with scoring throughout the entire lineup. This Edmonton teams bottom 6 isn't good enough to win a cup. When Drai/McDavid hit a slump, their bottom 6 probably wont be able to chip in. They just simply aren't good enough.

Except McDavid and Draisaitl dont have cold streaks...
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 40
Banni
Quoting: aadoyle
Offense = Leafs (depth for days and only slight issue is LW depth but Robertson could fix that)
Defense = Edmonton but Toronto isnt far behind and could be the same next season as Ceci and Barrie will be gone and they got a good chunk of defensive prospects who could become difference makers in a few years.
Goaltending = Toronto (Freddie had a bad year sure but his numbers have been solid and with Campbell we could see the perfect tandem as Campbell could become the next Markstrom as both are late bloomers). (Smith and Koskinen are good but cant play alot of games without there numbers falling so good at a 1a/1b system)

Seriously, is anyone actually looking into the Oilers before commenting? Their defence is terrible, at 5v5 they were the 27th ranked team. McDavid and Draisaitl were both outscored at 5v5, their team had a great year in special teams and that is it. If they regress at all, on the PK, they are not a playoff team. Give the Leafs a full season with Keefe and not terrible injuries and no one would be saying anything positive about the Leafs compared to Edmonton.
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 40
Quoting: Trevy

-Sheehan is a 4C who has scored a total of 34 points over the last two seasons. that is not 3C numbers. I remember him on pit, the reason Rutherford went out and got brassard was because he knew Sheehan wasn't a legit 3C. Kerfoot is easily capable of being a 40 point player. hes clear cut better.
-Archibald is a 25 ish point guy where as Kap is a 45 point guy who plays the PK. Again, its not close.
-Ennis was a 4th liner/ healthy scratch on toronto last year. he played great this year but again he was given every opportunity on Ottawa and then Edmonton played him with McDavid. Johnsson is clear cut better
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 41
Kafle
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 483
Quoting: SlickWilly
2 best players right now versus probably the best core group in hockey. Definitely taking the core on that one. If EDM had a substantially better defenseman then I would give it to them, but alas

best core? Jokes. They have some nice pieces but it's not the best core, not even close

Offense = Leafs (depth for days and only slight issue is LW depth but Robertson could fix that)
Defense = Edmonton but Toronto isnt far behind and could be the same next season as Ceci and Barrie will be gone and they got a good chunk of defensive prospects who could become difference makers in a few years.
Goaltending = Toronto (Freddie had a bad year sure but his numbers have been solid and with Campbell we could see the perfect tandem as Campbell could become the next Markstrom as both are late bloomers). (Smith and Koskinen are good but cant play alot of games without there numbers falling so good at a 1a/1b system)

calling campbell the next markstrom is quite a reach
Quoting: nics6ix
How can you compare Edmonton's 2nd, 3rd, or 4th line to that of Toronto's. I know you have some major hate towards Toronto but that is completely unrealistic. Toronto has arguably the best depth in the league, not only saying this as a Leafs fan, but as a hockey fan in general. A third line of Johnsson-Kerfoot-Kapanen is 100x better than Edmonton's Athanasiou-Sheahan-Archibald. Come on...

your obviously going to be biased as a leafs fan
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 41
Except McDavid and Draisaitl dont have cold streaks...

you're foolish if you seriously think that. Sid/Malkin have had their fair share of cold streaks in the playoffs. It will happen to Drai/Mcdavid as well.
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 46
Banni
Quoting: Timmah007
Your right that bottom six sucks they only accounted for a super strong pk and Neal was lights on pp. I don’t know how can compare oilers are from top to bottom better

Take out special teams and Edmonton is a lottery team. Come playoff time when the reffs put away their whistles, Edmonton is garbage.
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 46
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,101
Quoting: kafle22
best core? Jokes. They have some nice pieces but it's not the best core, not even close

It could happen. I see potential in Campbell and I believe he can become a very solid goalie cause if he got a 0.928 in 31 games with the kings back in 2018-2019 anything is possible.
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 47
Banni
They have Miyk, Hyman, and Matthews who all rotate around. Point is, all 3 of them are better than Ennis

That guy is impossible, there is no point in talking to him. He's one of the most bias people on this site.
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 49
Kafle
It could happen. I see potential in Campbell and I believe he can become a very solid goalie cause if he got a 0.928 in 31 games with the kings back in 2018-2019 anything is possible.

I would take smith over him
ZiggyPalffy a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 50
Kafle
no doubt leafs are the better team but oilers have a brighter future
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 51
Banni
Your only FACTS was your line combos and that’s cause I’m not a leafs fan and don’t know the exact lines.

He wasn't even right about that. Johsson played much of the first half next to Matthews and Nylander and when Keefe took over Johnsson got hurt and Matthews was moved to play with Marner and Hyman. Nylander and Soupman played with JT and Kerfoot was playing with Kapanen and Johnsson before Kap and Mongo collided and Johnsson hurt his knee. Either way right now, Johnsson would 100% be on the 3rd line next to Kerfoot and Kapanen. That is a fact that would not be disputed if he was healthy. With all that said, you are right, Kerfoot, Kap and Johnsson is lightyears better than Sheehan, Archibald and Ennis or whoever is on that line. I really get a kick out of these Oiler fans saying Ennis is better than the Leafs 3rd line. I wonder if they realize he was a Leaf last year and was a 4th liner and sometimes a healthy scratch, so good he couldn't crack the top 9.
mhockey91 et nics6ix a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 52
Banni
absolutely no comment if you don't see a drastic difference in lines...

You are a bigger man than I my friend.
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 54
Banni
I wasn't comparing them lol. I guess I was being overly critical. Toronto does have a great forward group all through out there lineup. However, as everyone knows Toronto has serious flaws at defense.

Edms top 6 scores probably at the same rate as TOR. There bottom 6 is full of solid role players which every NHL team needs in order to win a cup. Plus EDMs defense blows doors over Torontos. Goaltending is about the same.

If EDM was playing TOR in a series my money is on the Oilers.

Take a look at how they do at 5v5 and then tell me Edmonton is something other than a bubble team at best. The majority of hockey is played at 5v5 and even more so the deeper in the playoffs you go. That is the end for Edmonton.
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 55
Banni
you're foolish if you seriously think that. Sid/Malkin have had their fair share of cold streaks in the playoffs. It will happen to Drai/Mcdavid as well.

"It will happen" hasn't happened yet and the likelyhood of it happening in this playoff run sounds pretty low to me. They can reassess there bottom 6 next season if needed.
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 58
Banni

You can't ignore the absolute lack of depth Edmonton has all over their lineup and then call out someone for a bias.
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2020 à 18 h 59
Banni
I would take smith over him

You call someone bias and then say that. Wow
2 juill. 2020 à 19 h 2
Kafle
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
You call someone bias and then say that. Wow

I know thats my opinion
2 juill. 2020 à 19 h 4
Kafle
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
You can't ignore the absolute lack of depth Edmonton has all over their lineup and then call out someone for a bias.

When did I say they lots of depth. I agree with all the people saying that toronto has better forward depth than edmonton but do I believe they perhaps have the best depth in the league. No
2 juill. 2020 à 19 h 6
Banni
Edmonton is a bubble team, defensively they sucked, they had a terrific PP and a great PK. That is all you can say about them. Their best players had negatives in possession, and xG%. At 5v5 its a landslide win for TO. Its not even close in a 5 game series, McDavid and Draisaitl may have a couple of good games and get them a couple of wins but top to bottom, TO would dominate Edmonton. Not even close, and I am not being bias, just looking at pertinent information.

Edmonton played in the worst division in hockey and still was only an average team. Make them play the majority of their games against better teams and they are done.
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage