Forums/Armchair-GM

Speed Finesse and Structure

Créé par: AnalyticsGeek
Équipe: 2019-20 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 3 févr. 2020
Publié: 3 févr. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Watching this Pens team I see a lot of similarities compared to 2016 especially with the speed, finesse, forecheck & calling up youth players from the farm. However, I’m starting to feel that maybe it’s not possible to 100% replenish the dominance of that team. In 2016 we were still playing in the dead tree physical grind it down era. Pens’ speed, finesse & aggressive forecheck caught their opponents by surprise & they had no answer as a result of being unable to keep up. That’s why the Pens were able to dominate & totally outplay their opponents pretty much every game. Now, the entire league has gotten faster therefore teams are more prepared & capable of shutting down teams like the Pens with their heaviness & size. Examples would be Bruins & Caps, teams that are built on grit & physicality but they also have that balance of speed & finesse through the lineup. So in order to be able to continue beating opponents similarly to 2016, they need to keep making that speed system better. It is harder to do cuz core is getting older, but that’s why an acquisition for guy like Kreider, Zucker or Kapanen is essential. What’d you guys think?
Transactions
PIT
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2020 (CHI)
PIT
  1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2020 (EDM)
MIN
  1. Hållander, Filip
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (PIT)
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de EDM
Logo de PIT
Logo de CHI
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de ANA
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2481 500 000 $71 157 875 $132 500 $3 832 500 $10 342 125 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
AG, AD, C
UFA - 1
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
767 500 $767 500 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
AD, C, AG
UFA - 1
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 4
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 6
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
UFA - 2
675 000 $675 000 $
G
UFA - 1
874 125 $874 125 $
DG
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
700 000 $700 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 5
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 4
833 750 $833 750 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
3 févr. 2020 à 13 h 39
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,636
3 févr. 2020 à 13 h 49
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 507
I was down with it until I saw Lafferty at 3C. They need to hold onto Bjugstad for the rest of the year to center that third line imo.
mhockey91 et lRONHlDE31 a aimé ceci.
3 févr. 2020 à 13 h 49
I was down with it until I saw Lafferty at 3C. They need to hold onto Bjugstad for the rest of the year to center that third line imo.
3 févr. 2020 à 13 h 56
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
Quoting: dgfresh78

Same. Such a shame that we’re gonna have to pay a first+ hallender for Zucker when we could’ve had him for kessel in the offseason. I hope it costs less
MajesticWalrus et lRONHlDE31 a aimé ceci.
3 févr. 2020 à 13 h 58
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 994
I don't think Edmonton would have any interest in that deal, mostly because of Bjugstad's term next season. Chicago is a team that could sneak into the playoffs and making a small move like this hoping for a rebound performance might be easier to do than to spend more valuable future assets trying to chase something they might have little control over.
CD282 a aimé ceci.
3 févr. 2020 à 14 h 0
Quoting: mhockey91
Same. Such a shame that we’re gonna have to pay a first+ hallender for Zucker when we could’ve had him for kessel in the offseason. I hope it costs less

There’s part of me that just wants them to trade for Kase because it’ll probably cost much less.
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
3 févr. 2020 à 14 h 17
14m in dead cap
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,089

As a Minnesota fan, I feel like I should write Phil a thank you letter but I should probably hold off until Zucker is actually moved. smile
3 févr. 2020 à 14 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: dgfresh78

Good point, I don’t trust Lafferty at that position full time either. I don’t understand why the coach keeps playing Galchenyuk over him.
3 févr. 2020 à 14 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Banni

It will probably cost more but GMJR knows how to steal.
3 févr. 2020 à 14 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: brgh4life
I don't think Edmonton would have any interest in that deal, mostly because of Bjugstad's term next season. Chicago is a team that could sneak into the playoffs and making a small move like this hoping for a rebound performance might be easier to do than to spend more valuable future assets trying to chase something they might have little control over.

Yep you are right.
3 févr. 2020 à 14 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: JayTea
As a Minnesota fan, I feel like I should write Phil a thank you letter but I should probably hold off until Zucker is actually moved. smile

That trade was supposed to be Zucker + Rask for Kessel + Johnson. Most Pens fans were ballistic about it.
JayTea a aimé ceci.
3 févr. 2020 à 14 h 25
14m in dead cap
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,089
Quoting: MikeyThePensFan
That trade was supposed to be Zucker + Rask for Kessel + Johnson. Most Pens fans were ballistic about it.

I can't name 1 Minnesota fan who was happy either. The Wild didn't need another player on the wrong side of 30 and Johnson wasn't anything they needed either. Him being on the roster likely would have meant Soucy started in Iowa and he's been a bright spot in an otherwise bad season. One of those amazing trades where both fan bases hate it.
3 févr. 2020 à 14 h 28
Chiggy
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 590

Yeah, as a lot of people are saying. There is no reason to sell low on Bjugstad now. His value isn't going to be any lower this summer and the cap space isn't needed right now.

Also, the Hornqvist, Simon, Bjugstad line was good at the end of last year. Lafferty can be the 13th forward.

Otherwise, getting Zucker and moving Galchenyuk are good. Scratching Jack Johnson is also very good. Sullivan seems to value his PK work and doesn't think Riikola can do it. Riikola has like 7 seconds on the PK over the last two years. With Dumoulin back and Pettersson doing fine in that role, he might be willing to scratch JJ eventually.
3 févr. 2020 à 14 h 32
bigZ
Mentions "j'aime": 311

They need a top 6 winger if possible without overpaying for him and they need brian dumolin back. Whatever you saw yesterday against the caps was defensive lapses. When Brian Dumolin returns you can plug JJ back on the 3rd pairing and have him play the least amount of minutes instead of 2nd most while being on the top pair. Preferably we dont play him at all but unless he gets traded thats prob not gonna happen. Thats all this team neads, and to stay healthy and we can take on any team in the league
3 févr. 2020 à 14 h 38
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 103

My opinions:

1.) IMO Galchenyuk can get a 3rd-4th rounder with conditionals if he's resigned/traded. Mostly on pedigree alone and most GMs realize that he simply came to a team he just doesn't fit with.
2.) I agree with everyone else. Keep Bjugstad. He's still a good center. Let him be a glorified 4C and trade him in the offseason.
3.) My gut feeling is Zucker is going to cost a lot more than that. Not because he's worth it, but because Bill Guerin knows GMJR wants him, knows our prospect pipeline, and learned the art of the deal from the master himself.
3 févr. 2020 à 14 h 42
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 351

They are similar to the 2016 team except that team had bonino and kessel. If they can trade bjugstad for someone like bonino whos good at face offs, more takeaways than giveaways, and gets selke votes. Someone like beagle fits this and hes better at face offs and less giveaways and also gets selke votes, and u mentioned size, beagle is 6'3 as opposed to bonino at 6'1. As for kessel i dont think zucker really cuts it as far as replacing production but people say hes good defensively. Which kessel wasnt so i dont know but id rather go for someone off florida cuz they know they can trade hoffman or dadonov for at least something as they probably cant afford both of them in the offseason and still have holes in their line up as far as cup contending. People keep mentioning a player is needed as our third line centre and dont want bjugstad, its bonino-like players that can work there like jeff carter
3 févr. 2020 à 14 h 44
bigZ
Quoting: MajesticWalrus
They are similar to the 2016 team except that team had bonino and kessel. If they can trade bjugstad for someone like bonino whos good at face offs, more takeaways than giveaways, and gets selke votes. Someone like beagle fits this and hes better at face offs and less giveaways and also gets selke votes, and u mentioned size, beagle is 6'3 as opposed to bonino at 6'1. As for kessel i dont think zucker really cuts it as far as replacing production but pwople say hes good defensively. Which kessel wasnt so i dont know but id rather go for someone off florida cuz they know they can trade hoffman or dadonov for at least something as they probably cant afford both of them in the offseason and still have holes in their as far as cup contending.

As for your first point.... may i present to you..... TEDDDY BLUEGRE! or should i say that entire line. Blueger wont get selke votes but analytically ZAR is one of the top 5 defensive forwards in the league and blueger is a great defensive center and everyone knows about tanev. Dont think we need another defensive center when we have that line
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
3 févr. 2020 à 14 h 48
Quoting: bigZ98
As for your first point.... may i present to you..... TEDDDY BLUEGRE! or should i say that entire line. Blueger wont get selke votes but analytically ZAR is one of the top 5 defensive forwards in the league and blueger is a great defensive center and everyone knows about tanev. Dont think we need another defensive center when we have that line

I edited that. The problem is the third line and youre bringing up our 4th line
3 févr. 2020 à 14 h 57
bigZ
I edited that. The problem is the third line and youre bringing up our 4th line

If we are being honest the penguins dont really have a 4th line. They have 3A and 3B if anything. I think Bjugstad needs to be given a chance here. This whole team is different from last year and looking at how Bjugstad played very well possession wise, he might do great this season because that is what the penguins kind of are. Possession dominance from your 3rd line is pretty good and thats what the blueger line has done this season.
3 févr. 2020 à 15 h 6
Quoting: bigZ98
If we are being honest the penguins dont really have a 4th line. They have 3A and 3B if anything. I think Bjugstad needs to be given a chance here. This whole team is different from last year and looking at how Bjugstad played very well possession wise, he might do great this season because that is what the penguins kind of are. Possession dominance from your 3rd line is pretty good and thats what the blueger line has done this season.

Except they probably win the puck to get possesion while bjugstad just holds the puck (his size giving him an advantage over most other players) to up his possession
3 févr. 2020 à 15 h 12
bigZ
Except they probably win the puck to get possesion while bjugstad just holds the puck (his size giving him an advantage over most other players) to up his possession

Each line brings something unique. The blueger line can take faceoffs in the defensive zone and hold possession in the offensive zone. If the Bjugstad line can take offensive zone faceoffs and hold possession there i dont see whats wrong with that. the longer you have possession the more likely you are to score and less likely you are to be scored against right?
MajesticWalrus a aimé ceci.
3 févr. 2020 à 15 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: JayTea
I can't name 1 Minnesota fan who was happy either. The Wild didn't need another player on the wrong side of 30 and Johnson wasn't anything they needed either. Him being on the roster likely would have meant Soucy started in Iowa and he's been a bright spot in an otherwise bad season. One of those amazing trades where both fan bases hate it.

Looking back I wish the Pens made the trade. Zucker would've been awesome for us!
3 févr. 2020 à 15 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Chigurrhh
Yeah, as a lot of people are saying. There is no reason to sell low on Bjugstad now. His value isn't going to be any lower this summer and the cap space isn't needed right now.

Also, the Hornqvist, Simon, Bjugstad line was good at the end of last year. Lafferty can be the 13th forward.

Otherwise, getting Zucker and moving Galchenyuk are good. Scratching Jack Johnson is also very good. Sullivan seems to value his PK work and doesn't think Riikola can do it. Riikola has like 7 seconds on the PK over the last two years. With Dumoulin back and Pettersson doing fine in that role, he might be willing to scratch JJ eventually.

Agree Johnson shouldn't be on the ice when Dumoulin comes back. He reacts so slowly to everything that happens around the ice and it keeps leading to those lapses like you mentioned.
Chigurrhh a aimé ceci.
3 févr. 2020 à 15 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Arom5477
My opinions:

1.) IMO Galchenyuk can get a 3rd-4th rounder with conditionals if he's resigned/traded. Mostly on pedigree alone and most GMs realize that he simply came to a team he just doesn't fit with.
2.) I agree with everyone else. Keep Bjugstad. He's still a good center. Let him be a glorified 4C and trade him in the offseason.
3.) My gut feeling is Zucker is going to cost a lot more than that. Not because he's worth it, but because Bill Guerin knows GMJR wants him, knows our prospect pipeline, and learned the art of the deal from the master himself.

You have a point on Guerin.
3 févr. 2020 à 15 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Banni
They are similar to the 2016 team except that team had bonino and kessel. If they can trade bjugstad for someone like bonino whos good at face offs, more takeaways than giveaways, and gets selke votes. Someone like beagle fits this and hes better at face offs and less giveaways and also gets selke votes, and u mentioned size, beagle is 6'3 as opposed to bonino at 6'1. As for kessel i dont think zucker really cuts it as far as replacing production but people say hes good defensively. Which kessel wasnt so i dont know but id rather go for someone off florida cuz they know they can trade hoffman or dadonov for at least something as they probably cant afford both of them in the offseason and still have holes in their line up as far as cup contending. People keep mentioning a player is needed as our third line centre and dont want bjugstad, its bonino-like players that can work there like jeff carter

Carter is an interesting one, but he’s old & not sure if he can still play.
MajesticWalrus a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage