Forums/Armchair-GM

MacDermid

Créé par: ZiggyPalffy
Équipe: 2019-20 Kings de Los Angeles
Date de création initiale: 2 janv. 2020
Publié: 2 janv. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
MacDermid is a God. Finally becoming an NHL defenseman(MIGHT be because the Kings don't have any better defensemen ready, but shut up about that!) He is getting more minutes and more games and I've only seen him get burned by speed once MAYBE twice. He rarely makes mistakes. Always makes the smart and safe play. I love his physical presence. Kings need one or two of those types of players.
Rachats de contrats
Frais appliqués
Frais de résiliation
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de CGY
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $70 606 224 $0 $1 965 000 $10 893 776 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
2 425 000 $2 425 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 5
5 875 000 $5 875 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AG
UFA - 1
2 636 364 $2 636 364 $
AD, C
UFA - 3
700 000 $700 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C
RFA - 2
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
759 167 $759 167 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
745 000 $745 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 8
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
G
UFA - 4
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
675 000 $675 000 $
G
UFA - 1
675 000 $675 000 $
DG/DD, AG
UFA - 1
761 666 $761 666 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
DG/DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
1 893 750 $1 893 750 $
DG
UFA - 1
677 777 $677 777 $
AD
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
2 janv. 2020 à 19 h 2
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,805
@tkecanuck341 @OldNYIFan

Also, what did you guys think about his hit on Provorov?
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2020 à 19 h 5
Ithical
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11
As someone that is a Gulls/Ducks fan. This guy is not a god. He's a liability. He throws questionable hits that have gotten him suspended in the past. Unless he changes that part of his game, he'll be out of the nhl and back in the ahl.
2 janv. 2020 à 19 h 5
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,253
Quoting: Bf3351
@tkecanuck341 @OldNYIFan

Also, what did you guys think about his hit on Provorov?

I think penalizing him for it would be as awful as the game-misconduct awarded against the Ohio State player in the Clemson semi-final -- an outrage. Both of the "victims" lowered their heads into the opposing player who was already committed to hitting him legally.
ZiggyPalffy a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2020 à 19 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I think penalizing him for it would be as awful as the game-misconduct awarded against the Ohio State player in the Clemson semi-final -- an outrage. Both of the "victims" lowered their heads into the opposing player who was already committed to hitting him legally.

Yeah. Provorov is like 6'3 not really sure why he was skating that low to begin with. His head was up yet he stayed low
2 janv. 2020 à 19 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: ithical
As someone that is a Gulls/Ducks fan. This guy is not a god. He's a liability. He throws questionable hits that have gotten him suspended in the past. Unless he changes that part of his game, he'll be out of the nhl and back in the ahl.

Your first sentence summed it up lol. Kase was a long time ago. A lot of hockey has been played since then. I wouldn't like him either if he was beating up and shutting down my players either.
2 janv. 2020 à 19 h 19
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,493

That hit was really bad, and there is no arguing that one. The hit on Provorov is a bit more arguable, that being said he definitely needs to work on his awareness now that he has some notoriety.
2 janv. 2020 à 19 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: tryger
That hit was really bad, and there is no arguing that one. The hit on Provorov is a bit more arguable, that being said he definitely needs to work on his awareness now that he has some notoriety.

Provorov saw him coming and still kept his head down. No idea why a guy around 6'3 was skating so low while being well aware of what was coming. MacDermid lays a lot of big hits and most of them are clean. So I don't know what you are talking about. Being a very physical player you are going to land some bad hits every once in awhile. It's the nature of the business. Goes that way for every player.
Kings989 a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2020 à 19 h 50
Ithical
Provorov saw him coming and still kept his head down. No idea why a guy around 6'3 was skating so low while being well aware of what was coming. MacDermid lays a lot of big hits and most of them are clean. So I don't know what you are talking about. Being a very physical player you are going to land some bad hits every once in awhile. It's the nature of the business. Goes that way for every player.

Ivan may have seen him, but it's on MacDermid to make sure that the path to his hit does not make the principal point of contact the head and he failed, he elbowed Provorov in the head. If MacDermid chose a different route, like a east-west vs north-south, this is a shoulder on shoulder and a legal check. The route he took will be what gets him suspended.
2 janv. 2020 à 20 h 44
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 134

Agree. Some of these players now would have gotten decapitated years ago. You have to keep your head up not just to make good plays but for your own friggin safety! If you are hunched over reaching for a puck and you get blasted by someone even if it’s the elbow connecting it should not be an automatic penalty. My number one thing is the player reaching up and/or out to purposely make contact with his elbow. MacDermids elbow was tucked into his body and provorov was hunched and reaching. It happens don’t think it was dirty in anyway!!
ZiggyPalffy a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2020 à 21 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Ivan may have seen him, but it's on MacDermid to make sure that the path to his hit does not make the principal point of contact the head and he failed, he elbowed Provorov in the head. If MacDermid chose a different route, like a east-west vs north-south, this is a shoulder on shoulder and a legal check. The route he took will be what gets him suspended.

At what point do the players receiving the hit take accountability? I'm assuming you never played hockey because one of the first rules you ever learn is "Keep your head up"

MacDermid was not looking to elbow Provorov... Like I said Provorov saw him coming with enough time to adjust himself. He did nothing and he paid the price for it. He won't be suspended and if he is that is a total joke.
2 janv. 2020 à 21 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Kings989
Agree. Some of these players now would have gotten decapitated years ago. You have to keep your head up not just to make good plays but for your own friggin safety! If you are hunched over reaching for a puck and you get blasted by someone even if it’s the elbow connecting it should not be an automatic penalty. My number one thing is the player reaching up and/or out to purposely make contact with his elbow. MacDermids elbow was tucked into his body and provorov was hunched and reaching. It happens don’t think it was dirty in anyway!!

Good points. MacDermid elbow never moved in sure he thought Provorov would have adjusted himself I mean he saw him coming with enough time to react, but he didn't lol
2 janv. 2020 à 21 h 45
Ithical
At what point do the players receiving the hit take accountability? I'm assuming you never played hockey because one of the first rules you ever learn is "Keep your head up"

MacDermid was not looking to elbow Provorov... Like I said Provorov saw him coming with enough time to adjust himself. He did nothing and he paid the price for it. He won't be suspended and if he is that is a total joke.

It's hilarious you go to, you never played hockey. I don't need to prove any credentials to you. Keeping his head up, doesn't mean he can take an elbow to the face, it's immaterial. Again I will tell you, he took the wrong path to his hit and he'll get suspended for it. The principal point of contact is THE HEAD, with that, he will be suspended.
3 janv. 2020 à 1 h 32
Good thing that wasn’t Blake from his prime. Provorovs head would be ten rows up on a perfectly clean hit! Again there has to be some intent from the hitter to use your elbow as a weapon. If your elbow is tucked into your hips in no way are you trying to cheap shot someone. That whole principal point of contact thing is lame. What if someone is falling and your knee smashes their face. Doesn’t mean you should get suspended for kneeing. MacDermids elbow hits provorov because his face is waist high. There has to be some clarification on some of these hits! There are barely any hard hits anymore and anytime their is one people are saying that guy should be suspended. I get the nhl is trying to help the concussion problem but as someone who suffered multiple concussions playing there is a risk factor to playing this sport and these players know that, and if you take the hits out it’s a completely different sport! Nothing has the speed and physicality of this sport! Let’s not take that away!! It’s very easy to see when someone is trying to harm someone, cheap shot someone or if someone is trying to deliver a crushing hit. One is not the same as the other. Let’s remember that!
3 janv. 2020 à 8 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Banni
It's hilarious you go to, you never played hockey. I don't need to prove any credentials to you. Keeping his head up, doesn't mean he can take an elbow to the face, it's immaterial. Again I will tell you, he took the wrong path to his hit and he'll get suspended for it. The principal point of contact is THE HEAD, with that, he will be suspended.

He did not make that hit with malicious intent. He wasn't gunning for his head. I bet he'll get fined instead that's what the league like to do nowdays
3 janv. 2020 à 13 h 32
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 6,145
Modifié 3 janv. 2020 à 14 h 2
I don't think the hit was malicious or overly bad. However, he did make principal contact with the head, and to quote the DPS videos, "the onus is on the player initiating contact to avoid making the head the principal point of contact." He'll get a game or two. I'm fine with that.
ZiggyPalffy a aimé ceci.
3 janv. 2020 à 20 h 12
So he got suspended. 2 games. Don’t agree with it. I respect everyone’s opinion on it but think they are taking hitting out of the game. They even say in the video that he doesn’t target the head and there is initial contact with provorovs shoulder. I see both sides but I think they are going overboard with this stuff. Oh well is what it is. I think ultimately Mcdermid coming in backwards bit him but I still love that stuff. There was zero intention to head hunt and his elbow never left his hip. That’s all that matters in my book. If I’m his coach I’m ok with that hit. Just needs to time it a second better which is so hard at that level to time every hit perfect.
3 janv. 2020 à 21 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Kings989
So he got suspended. 2 games. Don’t agree with it. I respect everyone’s opinion on it but think they are taking hitting out of the game. They even say in the video that he doesn’t target the head and there is initial contact with provorovs shoulder. I see both sides but I think they are going overboard with this stuff. Oh well is what it is. I think ultimately Mcdermid coming in backwards bit him but I still love that stuff. There was zero intention to head hunt and his elbow never left his hip. That’s all that matters in my book. If I’m his coach I’m ok with that hit. Just needs to time it a second better which is so hard at that level to time every hit perfect.

Well said. I received the news a few hours ago and like you, I'm very disappointed.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage