Forums/Armchair-GM

Marners Trade Value

Créé par: jfalstaff
Équipe: 2019-20 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 2 mai 2019
Publié: 2 mai 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
If Marner wants 11m or 12m, gotta explore what the Kane-level talent might fetch and what good that space could be put to.
My guess: Marner nets a really good rental defenseman, a top prospect, some first rounders.
And what good are those assets? RHD is valuable on the roster, other assets sweeten trades to offload dead weight (helps that the Cap hit is 6 time more than the actual cost of the contract...)
And the space? Half taken up by the RHD, sure. But moving stuff out becomes easier, and, all together, could get a scoring winger (Skinner?) and top-4 option (re-sign Gardiner? Myers?)

So, that's
1. A quality top-4 Dman
2. A quality top-6 winger
3. Another defenseman (tho, I'll admit, this is pulled off mostly by doing the Zaitsev deal)
4. Some futures that'll keep the team contending for a bunch of years.

Or $11.5m for Mitch. Think I'll take the former.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
22 250 000 $
33 333 000 $
1775 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
67 500 000 $
85 750 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Puljujärvi, Jesse [Droits de RFA]
TOR
  1. Kaprizov, Kirill [Liste de réserve]
  2. Spurgeon, Jared
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (MIN)
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (MIN)
TOR
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2019 (FLA)
OTT
  1. Marleau, Patrick
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (TOR)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de FLA
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de STL
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de DAL
Logo de MIN
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de EDM
Logo de SJS
Logo de TOR
Logo de MIN
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $83 341 866 $0 $82 500 $158 134 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 8
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
11 634 000 $11 634 000 $
C
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 5
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
3 333 000 $3 333 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AD
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
AD
UFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
5 187 500 $5 187 500 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
DG
UFA - 4
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 3
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
675 000 $675 000 $
C
UFA - 1
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
675 000 $675 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
2 mai 2019 à 21 h 38
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
Wild decline. I'd do it without the firsts, but with them that's more than overkill. We could just offer sheet him and keep one of the best prospects in the league and our best player...
rja40 et MNBassman a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2019 à 22 h 32
Jangle29
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 832
Quoting: TanSor
Wild decline. I'd do it without the firsts, but with them that's more than overkill. We could just offer sheet him and keep one of the best prospects in the league and our best player...

Then that costs you 4 1sts. How is that different? Also if Marner is your best player you are in trouble. Turning into the most overrated player in the league right now
2 mai 2019 à 22 h 44
Voke
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3
? Marner overrated?
2 mai 2019 à 22 h 52
Quoting: Jangle29
Then that costs you 4 1sts. How is that different? Also if Marner is your best player you are in trouble. Turning into the most overrated player in the league right now

It's different because Kaprizov would be the 2nd or 3rd overall pick in the draft this year giving Kakko a run for his money. You don't trade away a player like that, an average #1 defenseman, AND 2 frist round picks for Marner. I was able to catch a little less than 10 CSKA Moscow games this year and from what I've seen Kaprizov could be a 40 goal scorer in the NHL, he's that good. I'd MUCH rather give up the 4 1sts over the package you have.

No, Spurgeon is our best player. And Marner would be far and away our best player. Every Wild fan knows we're in trouble. The closest we've come to a player like Marner was Gaborik, and honestly Marner is better than Gaborik was.
2 mai 2019 à 23 h 2
Meme Enthusiast
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 229
No way Oilers accept.
2 mai 2019 à 23 h 41
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,116
Your premise. was "What Marner wants. 11 or 12", is kinda meaningless. If the Leafs top offer let's say is 10.5m, which is enough for 4 first rounder compensation, and no team presents a signed offers sheet for more....either Marner sits or accepts the Leaf deal.
2 mai 2019 à 23 h 50
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700

.... kaprisov is due to enter the league as an UFA is he not? From what I’ve read he wants to join the nhl in 20/21. The wild have a bit more than a month to sign him before he goes ufa.

Either way leafs decline and as you said so do the wild but that package seems fair to me. Rental prospect and 2 firsts for 7 years of marner. Plus you get zaitsev to fill in on your second pair.
2 mai 2019 à 23 h 59
Quoting: Jamiepo
.... kaprisov is due to enter the league as an UFA is he not? From what I’ve read he wants to join the nhl in 20/21. The wild have a bit more than a month to sign him before he goes ufa.

Either way leafs decline and as you said so do the wild but that package seems fair to me. Rental prospect and 2 firsts for 7 years of marner. Plus you get zaitsev to fill in on your second pair.

No, we own his rights indefinitely. The only team he can sign with is the Wild.

Again, I'd rather just offer him $12M and give up the 4 picks.
3 mai 2019 à 0 h 2
Formerly Jamiepo
No, we own his rights indefinitely. The only team he can sign with is the Wild.

Again, I'd rather just offer him $12M and give up the 4 picks.

I was just coming back to edit my post. No transfer rights with the khl means you hold his rights indefinitely.

How would you offer him 12m if he doesn’t hit rfa?
3 mai 2019 à 0 h 2
Banni
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,915
That's a terrible trade for Toronto. The main piece coming back has to be a young top 4 right handed d-man with team control, not a rental d-man. Then most likely a 2nd to top prospect that's close to making the NHL roster, and some picks. I doubt Kaprizov gets moved, I wouldn't target him anyways. If it's Minnesota, Dumba is the starting point no matter what. if he's not in the deal, Dubas hangs up and doesn't take a call from Minnsota again.

Toronto Maple Leafs
Matt Dumba
Jordan Greenway or Luke Kunin (preferably Greenway)
Minnesota 2020 1st round pick (top 5 protected)
Conor Dewar (or similar C+ prospect)
Minnesota 2021 5th round pick

Minnesota Wild
Mitch Marner
Andreas Borgman
Toronto 2020 3rd round pick (turns into a 2nd if Greenway or Kunin play at least 50 games)
3 mai 2019 à 0 h 7
I was just coming back to edit my post. No transfer rights with the khl means you hold his rights indefinitely.

How would you offer him 12m if he doesn’t hit rfa?

Marner is an RFA? I'm saying I'd rather just give Marner an offer like $12-12.5M (something he couldn't get with the Leafs) than trade for him using Kaprizov. If he doesn't sign, fine with me there's always Point. If Point doesn't sign, again fine with me we keep the picks. They'll probably be good ones with the way Fenton has been making trades...
3 mai 2019 à 0 h 8
Formerly Jamiepo
Marner is an RFA? I'm saying I'd rather just give Marner an offer like $12-12.5M (something he couldn't get with the Leafs) than trade for him using Kaprizov. If he doesn't sign, fine with me there's always Point. If Point doesn't sign, again fine with me we keep the picks. They'll probably be good ones with the way Fenton has been making trades...

No marner is not an rfa... he is an elc... no You can not offer him anything. he will not be rfa till July 1st.

Leafs trade muzzin and nylander for a top pair rhd dump zaitsev and offersheet greenway.... game on lol.

If you picked up marner I think you are out of the lotto. Probably wildcard.
3 mai 2019 à 0 h 13
Quoting: Ryminister_27
That's a terrible trade for Toronto. The main piece coming back has to be a young top 4 right handed d-man with team control, not a rental d-man. Then most likely a 2nd to top prospect that's close to making the NHL roster, and some picks. I doubt Kaprizov gets moved, I wouldn't target him anyways. If it's Minnesota, Dumba is the starting point no matter what. if he's not in the deal, Dubas hangs up and doesn't take a call from Minnsota again.

Toronto Maple Leafs
Matt Dumba

Minnesota Wild
Mitch Marner
Andreas Borgman
Toronto 2020 3rd round pick (turns into a 2nd if Greenway or Kunin play at least 50 games)

That's similar to a trade I offered a while ago. I'd rather not trade for Borgman and the pick from Toronto, so maybe do away with those and the 1st on our end and it's pretty close. I still can't see Fenton moving Dumba and Greenway since our FO is extremely high on both, but that offer is pretty close to me.

Also, just an FYI Spurgeon is our best player, better than Dumba right now. But you're right, IF Dubas starts listening to offers on Marner (which I HIGHLY doubt happens), I can't see any way a trade is done between our clubs without Dumba being the main piece going to Toronto.
3 mai 2019 à 0 h 14
No marner is not an rfa... he is an elc... no You can not offer him anything. he will not be rfa till July 1st.

Leafs trade muzzin and nylander for a top pair rhd dump zaitsev and offersheet greenway.... game on lol.

If you picked up marner I think you are out of the lotto. Probably wildcard.

Yeah I'm aware of all of that, I'm saying this would hypothetically happen after July 1. But Fenton HATES offer sheets after the whole Weber debacle in Nashville (signed an offer sheet with Philly and Nashville was forced to match), so there's 0 chance we give any offer sheets.
GenXHockey a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2019 à 0 h 25
Formerly Jamiepo
Yeah I'm aware of all of that, I'm saying this would hypothetically happen after July 1. But Fenton HATES offer sheets after the whole Weber debacle in Nashville (signed an offer sheet with Philly and Nashville was forced to match), so there's 0 chance we give any offer sheets.

Most GM’s won’t bother. When was the last time one actually worked out well?

I think marner May get an offersheet but it would have to be something crazy. If the leafs are willing to do 6x11m is he going to sign a 7x12m? Probably not. He wants to stay in Toronto. No doubt there. Unless he is prepared to say that it’s too much money to turn down (which also means all his sponsor money) I don’t think he signs anything the leafs couldn’t match. Even then does he really want to show his face at the ACC after signing a sheet?

It’s been the same old thing on this site we will offersheet nylander for 8.5m, signs for 6.9m... he’s overpaid. We will offersheet Matthews for 15m, signs for 11.5m... he’s overpaid. Now it’s marners turn.

The whole time I’ve been quietly whispering that kappy and Mango are the guys to target. That seems to finally be catching on over the last 2 months.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2019 à 0 h 33
Banni
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,915
That's similar to a trade I offered a while ago. I'd rather not trade for Borgman and the pick from Toronto, so maybe do away with those and the 1st on our end and it's pretty close. I still can't see Fenton moving Dumba and Greenway since our FO is extremely high on both, but that offer is pretty close to me.

Also, just an FYI Spurgeon is our best player, better than Dumba right now. But you're right, IF Dubas starts listening to offers on Marner (which I HIGHLY doubt happens), I can't see any way a trade is done between our clubs without Dumba being the main piece going to Toronto.

Dumba is the option due to many factors: age, contract status, play style, etc. Spurgeon may be your best d-man now, but Dumba can still easily grow into it. Spurgeon is what is his and will 30 by mid season next year, Toronto's core is much younger than that and it's Dumba that fits the age group. The 1st would have to still stay in the deal because there's nothing guaranteed about Greenway or Kunin working out. You'd essentially just be moving down 40 picks with the 2nd potentially involved, good chance it'd turn into a 2nd since Toronto's LW depth is fairly weak. Could pick another prospect other than Borgman, but he's close to NHL ready which was the reason he was picked. As much as Minnesota needs a rebuild, they really can't as long as they have the Parise and Suter contracts. Borgman is a good bottom pair option the could turn into a #4 d-man still. But Dumba, Greenway or Kunin, and the 1st is essentially the starting point. That's similar value to 4 1st round picks, then you'd have to pay a bit extra since Toronto could just take the offer sheet of similar value anyways.

Side note: I think it's obviously a preference that Marner signs before July 1 in Toronto. I think Dubas will at least listen to offers soon for Marner, even if it's just as a negotiating leverage technique. But Toronto has the leverage now, Marner doesn't. It's actually hurt him to wait and be the last one signed like he wanted. Best guess is that Toronto is going to throw a reasonable offer at him before the draft that's a "take it or leave it" type of deal based on what Toronto can afford. It won't be the $11M that Marner's agent has apparently demanded. I'd say it's closer to $10M and the Kucherov contract, at most it'll be 6 years at $10.5M per. But if Marner signs it, great they welcome him back with open arms. If not, I think they'll seriously consider trading him because of the return they can get which makes the team more of a contender. & Dubas said he's not letting the Marner situation turn into another Nylander one, so he won't be waiting around to get it figured out. It's gonna be either sign for what they can afford and be able to make other moves, or he's not gonna be here. I'd say it's 50/50 right now that Marner is in blue and white next season
3 mai 2019 à 5 h 36
Jangle29
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 832
It's different because Kaprizov would be the 2nd or 3rd overall pick in the draft this year giving Kakko a run for his money. You don't trade away a player like that, an average #1 defenseman, AND 2 frist round picks for Marner. I was able to catch a little less than 10 CSKA Moscow games this year and from what I've seen Kaprizov could be a 40 goal scorer in the NHL, he's that good. I'd MUCH rather give up the 4 1sts over the package you have.

No, Spurgeon is our best player. And Marner would be far and away our best player. Every Wild fan knows we're in trouble. The closest we've come to a player like Marner was Gaborik, and honestly Marner is better than Gaborik was.

Lol ok. I just watched Marner play 200+ games because I'm a leaf fan but you know best
3 mai 2019 à 11 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 19
Quoting: Ryminister_27

Toronto Maple Leafs
Matt Dumba

I went with a four-quarters-for-a-dollar type deal that (I thought) approximated the 4 1sts compensation (according to the MIN fan, I undervalued Kaprizov and Spurgeon, which is why I posted the roster).

Dumba fits the more conventional half-dollar-or-more-for-a-dollar trade. I just wonder whether a team without an abundance of young defensemen would make such a move (e.g. Leafs missed Anaheim selling off theirs), but it's a probably the first question to ask: which defensemen in the league would the Leafs target if they were forced into trading Marner and the trade was built around 2 core pieces. Dumba... Trouba? Parayko? Slavin? Which if their possible trade partners would be especially motivated (weak offense) and able (cap space) to make such a move for Marner?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage