Forums/Armchair-GM

Carolina potentially buyers

Créé par: TanSor
Équipe: 2018-19 Wild du Minnesota
Date de création initiale: 9 févr. 2019
Publié: 10 févr. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Basing this off LeBrun's report that Carolina may be looking to add and make a hockey deal. Fenton's first trade involved Carolina where he lost big-time, but with Necas' potential this could set us up very nicely in the future.

LeBrun's tweet:
https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1094234348981768192

This is assuming Fenton decides to blow the team up. The plan going forward would be to move Brodin (possibly to WPG, MTL, NJD, BOS, among other teams) IF Fleury performs well, possibly Zucker, Spurgeon, and one of our depth defenseman. I think moving Dubnyk is a pretty bad idea but if we decide to move on, Mrazek is still young with a bit of upside and we could run a 1A and 1B with Stalock where Mrazek gets most of the playing time. It's a risky trade since Necas and Fleury are largely unproven, but both were taken with high draft picks and have a lot of upside.

I doubt Carolina makes this trade since Necas is a big part to their future, but there's a good chance Granlund would re-sign after next season to play with fellow Fin Sebastian Aho. Staal would be welcomed back with open arms and provides more offense down the middle for his former team. Dubnyk strengthens the biggest question mark for Carolina - their goaltending. It's definitely sacrificing some future pieces to win sooner, but this could help push Carolina into a serious cup-contender this year.
Transactions
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de WSH
Logo de MIN
Logo de VGK
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2279 500 000 $65 421 924 $25 000 $2 175 000 $14 078 076 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
7 538 462 $7 538 462 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 7
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AD, C
RFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 5
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 4
650 000 $650 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
916 666 $916 666 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
AG, AD
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
C
UFA - 1
2 875 000 $2 875 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
AD, C, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 538 462 $7 538 462 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
5 187 500 $5 187 500 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG/DD
UFA - 1
4 166 667 $4 166 667 $
DG
UFA - 3
650 000 $650 000 $
G
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
650 000 $650 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 5
650 000 $650 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
650 000 $650 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 févr. 2019 à 10 h 33
MNBassman
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,571
I like this deal a lot...IF Necas is as good as advertised.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2019 à 10 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
Quoting: MNBassman

I agree completely. It's certainly a risk, but Necas has potential to be the 1C we need and his speed would be a great addition to this team. I think he needs at least another half season in the AHL after this year, but by the time Kaprizov comes over he should be playing a top 6 role comfortably.

I think the ask for a team that wants Granlund should be a future 1C piece, and Carolina might be one of the better fits with a piece like that since they already have Aho and J Staal.

Edit: also, Pronman has him ranked as the #2 prospect outside of the NHL (Kaprizov is ranked 17th).
10 févr. 2019 à 10 h 47
CHI NYI
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,253
Carolina may have to add just a touch more, but otherwise, it looks really good, both teams get what they need
TanSor et MNBassman a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2019 à 11 h 20
MNBassman
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,571
Quoting: TanSor
I agree completely. It's certainly a risk, but Necas has potential to be the 1C we need and his speed would be a great addition to this team. I think he needs at least another half season in the AHL after this year, but by the time Kaprizov comes over he should be playing a top 6 role comfortably.

I think the ask for a team that wants Granlund should be a future 1C piece, and Carolina might be one of the better fits with a piece like that since they already have Aho and J Staal.

Edit: also, Pronman has him ranked as the #2 prospect outside of the NHL (Kaprizov is ranked 17th).

I saw this. Nothing is for sure, but that's a nice endorsement! Do you know if Necas plays with any grit/competitiveness?
10 févr. 2019 à 11 h 21
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 126
Very good trades for Both team Minnesota get a Futre %1 Center and a good young defensemen which Carolina has a bunch of and Mrazek still very a young goalie and Carolina Finally gets their #1 Goalie and great Winger in Granlund and Former player in Staal which they would probably accept him in open hands
TanSor a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2019 à 11 h 27
Démarrer sujet

I saw this. Nothing is for sure, but that's a nice endorsement! Do you know if Necas plays with any grit/competitiveness?

He was captain at the WJC for the Czech's, which could indicate competitiveness, but doesn't necessarily. I'll do some digging and hopefully find some film on him...

Edit: quote from Elite Prospects:
"competitive center with tremendous speed..makes an effort to play at a high pace.. diligent defensive player..works very hard"

quote from dobberprospects prior to the draft:

"March 2017 - Necas is a fast, skilled, dynamic forward with great offensive and fantasy upside. The knock on him is only that he needs to add some size and strength as he is extremely lean at the moment, but is not shy about playing a physical game and competing for pucks in the hard areas. He played well at the World Juniors showing plenty of skill, confidence and leadership as a young leader on the Czech team. He carries the puck with confidence and skill and is not shy about attacking defending players with speed and skill. Plenty of skill with this prospect and a big upside, but needs a lot of development time and could be several years away."
10 févr. 2019 à 11 h 31
STH
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 90

Sorry guys, we are not trading Necas. He is as good as advertised and there is just no way we are going to trade our top prospect. I know we very well may be buyers but breaking the 10 year drought is not worth losing Necas who is the future 1-2 punch down the middle behind Aho. The deal seems fair in value but just doesnt happen in real life.

Plus, If Eric want's to come home, why not just sign him in the offseason for free and keep all of our prospects. This team is playing amazing right now and I dont think we will add a Center at the deadline unless someone else get's injured.

Our goaltending has been very good this year, best we have seen in many years so I dont think we will be trading Mrazek either. Odds are we sign both Mac and Mrazek to 1-2 year deals and let Ned who leads the AHL in wins, get a shot or two.

I respect the effort here though. Also we love Nino!
TanSor et MNBassman a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2019 à 11 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 10 févr. 2019 à 11 h 45
Quoting: Rcsherwo
Sorry guys, we are not trading Necas. He is as good as advertised and there is just no way we are going to trade our top prospect. I know we very well may be buyers but breaking the 10 year drought is not worth losing Necas who is the future 1-2 punch down the middle behind Aho. The deal seems fair in value but just doesnt happen in real life.

Plus, If Eric want's to come home, why not just sign him in the offseason for free and keep all of our prospects. This team is playing amazing right now and I dont think we will add a Center at the deadline unless someone else get's injured.

Our goaltending has been very good this year, best we have seen in many years so I dont think we will be trading Mrazek either. Odds are we sign both Mac and Mrazek to 1-2 year deals and let Ned who leads the AHL in wins, get a shot or two.

I respect the effort here though. Also we love Nino!

Yep, that was my assessment on this as well, as I outlined in my description. I can't see Carolina moving Necas, but it's fun to dream.

I just based this off the fact that LeBrun tweeted management may be looking to add at the deadline. The centerpieces for the Canes would be Granlund and Dubnyk, but Staal is just a deal sweetener and his ties to the Canes certainly helps. You aren't giving up prospects for Staal, but instead Granlund and Dubnyk.

Also, I was under the impression that the Canes needed goaltending help... Mrazek has meh stats and Mcelhinney isn't anything special either (never played more than 32 games in a season). Dubnyk would be a big upgrade in net.

Yeah Nino is on fire. Took 7 games for Rask to be demoted to the 4th line. Meanwhile Nino is lighting the lamp. Everyone will point to us and say we botched the trade but the fact is Nino was playing horribly before we traded him, he was on our 4th line for a lot of the season giving zero effort. He needed a change and the fact he's playing with one of the best young centers in the league doesn't hurt.
Wild1205 a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2019 à 11 h 55
Banni
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,915
Not a bad deal value wise, not sure Carolina wants to give up on Necas yet but for a legit #1 goalie it might get them thinking about it at least.
Not sure about Staal in this deal unless it's made at the deadline. He's a pending UFA and coups just sign with Carolina in the summer. But Carolina might have to add a bit more for Granlund and Dubnyk anyways cause it's basically Necas for both of them. Mrazek isn't a long term guy in Minnesota and isn't anything close to a starter. And Fleury has stuggled mightily. If I'm Minnesota, I'm not taking anything less than Necas and Carolina's 1st for Dubnyk and Granlund
TanSor a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2019 à 12 h 25
Your Mom’s Aho
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 69
wow this is very interesting and works well for both teams good job
TanSor a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2019 à 12 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: planter5
wow this is very interesting and works well for both teams good job

Thank you! I tried to be fair and fill Carolina's needs.
planter5 a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2019 à 13 h 59
Rejoint: juin 2018
Short term this is an excellent trade for both teams. In 4-5 years, however, the canes will regret trading away Necas. It all depends on how desperate DW is willing to get at the deadline, but right now I'm getting the sense that the canes like their current roster and will not make moves that jeopardize their future. They will only make moves such as Rask for Nino... (sorry). In this trade however, the value is definitely there. Nice job.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2019 à 14 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: canesfan3030
Short term this is an excellent trade for both teams. In 4-5 years, however, the canes will regret trading away Necas. It all depends on how desperate DW is willing to get at the deadline, but right now I'm getting the sense that the canes like their current roster and will not make moves that jeopardize their future. They will only make moves such as Rask for Nino... (sorry). In this trade however, the value is definitely there. Nice job.

LeBrun reported the Canes are considering adding through a hockey trade, so that's what sparked the idea for this post.

Here's the tweet.

I have a hard time believing the Canes would trade Necas away as well, but I think the Wild would have a lot of pieces they might be interested in to make a "hockey trade" since we have a few guys who would be more than just a rental this year, but also have some term next year (Granlund, Coyle, and Spurgeon in particular). I think the Canes would also be interested in taking Staal back to add some scoring for the playoffs.
10 févr. 2019 à 14 h 32
LeBrun reported the Canes are considering adding through a hockey trade, so that's what sparked the idea for this post.

Here's the tweet.

I have a hard time believing the Canes would trade Necas away as well, but I think the Wild would have a lot of pieces they might be interested in to make a "hockey trade" since we have a few guys who would be more than just a rental this year, but also have some term next year (Granlund, Coyle, and Spurgeon in particular). I think the Canes would also be interested in taking Staal back to add some scoring for the playoffs.

I certainly agree that staal would be a great addition to the team. But i don't think the canes have much interest in any of the other pieces except maybe granlund. If the asking price for staal or granlund is necas, then the canes probably decline.
10 févr. 2019 à 14 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: canesfan3030
I certainly agree that staal would be a great addition to the team. But i don't think the canes have much interest in any of the other pieces except maybe granlund. If the asking price for staal or granlund is necas, then the canes probably decline.

Canes wouldn't be interested in a proven starting goaltender with a team-friendly contract and two more years on his deal? Mcelhinney has never surpassed 32 games in a season and your other NHL goalies are backup quality, not starters.

Like I've said, I don't see Necas on the move either, but the Canes are filling every one of their needs in this trade.
10 févr. 2019 à 14 h 38
Canes wouldn't be interested in a proven starting goaltender with a team-friendly contract and two more years on his deal? Mcelhinney has never surpassed 32 games in a season and your other NHL goalies are backup quality, not starters.

Like I've said, I don't see Necas on the move either, but the Canes are filling every one of their needs in this trade.

Yes, this trade certainly fills in all the holes... but in five years all of those players could be gone while necas is tearing it up in Minnesota.
TanSor a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage