Forums/Armchair-GM

Lets say Marner at 10 and Matthews at 12

Créé par: SammyT_51
Équipe: 2019-20 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 30 déc. 2018
Publié: 30 déc. 2018
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Also regarding Mueller... It likely would be lesser pick than 2nd so dont look at it that way. Likely 3rd or 4th but you got my point. Mueller can play both sides and he is very underrated. Butcher had great season because of him. He learned a lot from Vlasic.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 000 000 $
1700 000 $
2750 000 $
33 333 333 $
810 000 000 $
1750 000 $
2700 000 $
2700 000 $
21 250 000 $
812 340 000 $
11 100 000 $
21 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
1700 000 $
1700 000 $
1950 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2019 (NJD)
Détails additionnels:
Mueller
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NJD
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de EDM
Logo de SJS
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 000 000 $77 362 365 $0 $400 000 $5 637 635 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
12 340 000 $12 340 000 $
C
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 5
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 6
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
3 333 333 $3 333 333 $
AD
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
675 000 $675 000 $
C
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DD
UFA
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 3
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
700 000 $700 000 $
C
UFA
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
675 000 $675 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
30 déc. 2018 à 10 h 3
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14,604
You might need to move a salary or go with 22 players so you have cap space for injury call ups. I know no one ever does it, but Johnsson is begging for a modest offersheet at that salary. I would think if he puts up 30-35 points this year and the offer is that low, its for one year.
SammyT_51 a aimé ceci.
30 déc. 2018 à 10 h 12
Démarrer sujet
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 5,738
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
You might need to move a salary or go with 22 players so you have cap space for injury call ups. I know no one ever does it, but Johnsson is begging for a modest offersheet at that salary. I would think if he puts up 30-35 points this year and the offer is that low, its for one year.

Fair point and I agree but honestly there would be room. Even with Marner at 10 and Matthews at 12.34 there is possible contract in place for everybody. Marner and Matthews likely get more so I think there would be a room for Johnsson to receive similar contract to what Brown got few years ago which was 2.1mx3yrs. My point was to prove that even with those high salaries for Marner/Matthews its doable.
30 déc. 2018 à 10 h 18
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
Kapanen and Johnsson I think will get 1 year deals. Both below the numbers you have above. They'll be given top 9 roles from the get go and then get a longer term the year after. Or one will get traded I bet.
SammyT_51 a aimé ceci.
30 déc. 2018 à 10 h 24
Démarrer sujet
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 5,738
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Kapanen and Johnsson I think will get 1 year deals. Both below the numbers you have above. They'll be given top 9 roles from the get go and then get a longer term the year after. Or one will get traded I bet.

Likely and we would get to see 2-yr top-9 Kapanen and not 1yr. His value afterwards would be more realistic imo and contract more good and realistic. I dont think they are trading Kappy. Hyman and Brown are more possible for a trade. Brown most likely.
30 déc. 2018 à 10 h 25
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,923
I still think it doesn't work. Some of the lesser RFAs IMO are really cut to the bone. They will have to get paid, either in 2019 or 2020 Gauthier at full time centre?hoping Liljegren is NHL ready? No Ozhiganov on the team?
My thoughts for the betterment of the Leafs. Trade an expensive forward.....Kadri or Nylander for cap reasons. Get a sure NHL competent Dman or two for next year.
30 déc. 2018 à 10 h 28
Quoting: LoganOllivier

You really think if Johnsson puts up 35 points hes getting less than $1.25 million?
30 déc. 2018 à 10 h 30
Quoting: palhal
I still think it doesn't work. Some of the lesser RFAs IMO are really cut to the bone. They will have to get paid, either in 2019 or 2020 Gauthier at full time centre?hoping Liljegren is NHL ready? No Ozhiganov on the team?
My thoughts for the betterment of the Leafs. Trade an expensive forward.....Kadri or Nylander for cap reasons. Get a sure NHL competent Dman or two for next year.

It is a good problem to have, having too many good players.

My teasing of leafs fans the past few months is not realizing a sacrifice will need to be made somewhere.
30 déc. 2018 à 10 h 31

I would resist trading Kadri, having 3 very good centers covers for any holes that could come up on the wings and allow you to really skimp on the 4th line.

It would be tough to trade nylander after seemingly promising him you wouldn't. agents and other players pay attention to that stuff.
SammyT_51 et Juice a aimé ceci.
30 déc. 2018 à 10 h 49
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I would resist trading Kadri, having 3 very good centers covers for any holes that could come up on the wings and allow you to really skimp on the 4th line.

It would be tough to trade nylander after seemingly promising him you wouldn't. agents and other players pay attention to that stuff.

The reason I say Kadri, is that Nylander can move to centre. If the deal is done in the summer, Nylander can get his mind and his skill set ready for centre. Regarding the statement about Nylander. Things change. The emergence of Marner as a star and the improvement of Kapanen. Those two players are affecting the cap, so something has to give.
And really the the truth about the statements (IMO) they were really for the media and fans. What else if would Dubas say publicly? That the Leafs are facing cap crunch and a "star" is going to traded. The reality is he made that statement so the media and fans don't keep on asking the him and the player about the cap during the season. And I find it almost laughable that any reasonable fan, or even a reasonable agent or player can't look at the Leafs team structure and pay structure and not think that changes MIGHT happen. To use Dubas's statements back in the previous summer and even November as a future blueprint for the Leafs is unreasonable. Heck important written statements such as the Ten Commandments get broken all the time, and the US Constitution has what 25 amendments.
Nylander and his agent are smart people. They see the front loaded nature of his contract (which they agreed to) and gotta know, if the Leafs need cap space, he just might be the guy that gets traded.
30 déc. 2018 à 11 h 1
The reason I say Kadri, is that Nylander can move to centre. If the deal is done in the summer, Nylander can get his mind and his skill set ready for centre. Regarding the statement about Nylander. Things change. The emergence of Marner as a star and the improvement of Kapanen. Those two players are affecting the cap, so something has to give.
And really the the truth about the statements (IMO) they were really for the media and fans. What else if would Dubas say publicly? That the Leafs are facing cap crunch and a "star" is going to traded. The reality is he made that statement so the media and fans don't keep on asking the him and the player about the cap during the season. And I find it almost laughable that any reasonable fan, or even a reasonable agent or player can't look at the Leafs team structure and pay structure and not think that changes MIGHT happen. To use Dubas's statements back in the previous summer and even November as a future blueprint for the Leafs is unreasonable. Heck important written statements such as the Ten Commandments get broken all the time, and the US Constitution has what 25 amendments.
Nylander and his agent are smart people. They see the front loaded nature of his contract (which they agreed to) and gotta know, if the Leafs need cap space, he just might be the guy that gets traded.

I don't care what Dubas said to the media, if Dubas told Nylander he wouldn't be traded and then traded him 8 months later, you can bet it would draw a lot of attention amongst players and agents.

Marner and Kapanen emerged before Nylander signed.

I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying it wouldn't be pretty.
30 déc. 2018 à 11 h 11
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I don't care what Dubas said to the media, if Dubas told Nylander he wouldn't be traded and then traded him 8 months later, you can bet it would draw a lot of attention amongst players and agents.

Marner and Kapanen emerged before Nylander signed.

I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying it wouldn't be pretty.

I disagree on what we would be "pretty". " Not pretty " among Leaf players and their agents would be that Dubas refusing to trade Nylander when he chance to improve his team. Plus you used "if" Dubas told Nylander. We will never know what Dubas said privately to Nylander.
30 déc. 2018 à 11 h 23
Rejoint: sept. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 221
I think Marleau will go back home after this year. That will open the cap for ya.
30 déc. 2018 à 11 h 32
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,512
I think a Nylander trade is highly unlikely for at least 2 more seasons.

I do think Dubas' comments will play a factor...only way he trades him now is if someone offers a 'blow your socks off' type deal....and with Nylander sitting at a $7m cap hit and still looking like a shell of his former self, I don't think those type of offers are coming.

Players like front loaded contracts due to the time value of money. Yes, it makes them an easier asset to trade later to cap floor teams when their actual salary is lower than their cap hit...but it's to their financial benefit to receive as much of the contract up front as investments/interest/inflation all play a big role.

This is totally a personal opinion, but I think the Leafs are a worse team with Nylander as 3C vs Kadri. Trading Kadri or Nylander should be a last resort and only if the return is spectacular. If needed, I would much prefer that they trade a Brown/Johnsson/Hyman to make room....roll out a skeleton staff on D next year, and then reassess options two off seasons from now when you have all your key pieces signed, the cap hopefully has risen a bit again, D-prospects have another year of seasoning, Marleau is off the books, LTIR isn't needed for Horton as his contract is done, and there could be a decent crop of help available in the UFA market.

It may mean they take a step back next year...but I think they're better positioned for every year after that
blowing_the_zone a aimé ceci.
30 déc. 2018 à 11 h 36
Mentions "j'aime": 4
Good posting! As much as I hate to see Connor Brown move to another team, it makes fiscal sense for the Leafs to move out a larger contract to fit in multiple players with smaller contracts. And ultimately the Leafs may play it safe to wait another year to go after an elite defenceman (if available) until Patrick Marleau's current contract is off the books. I say current because I could see him signing a small term, small-cap hit deal to stay with the Leafs should they get closer to cup contention. Call me bias I like what Marleau does as a player for the team and the game. Also, I love the fact that you are keeping the fourth line intact the way that it currently is. More and more I see that line continue to gel together well so that Bab's can stop tinkering. It's also useful to have two guys on the same line who are natural centre's.

#keeptheeliteplayerstogether
30 déc. 2018 à 12 h 3
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Root
I think Marleau will go back home after this year. That will open the cap for ya.

I don't see Marleau leaving. He wants to win a Cup, and next year is his last chance. Plus San Jose as much desire to take on Marleau's cap next year as the Leafs do. I know it's not the same, "where home is". But Marleau. has beautiful home near Toronto, with his ice rink installed in the back yard.
30 déc. 2018 à 12 h 7
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: LeafedIn
Good posting! As much as I hate to see Connor Brown move to another team, it makes fiscal sense for the Leafs to move out a larger contract to fit in multiple players with smaller contracts. And ultimately the Leafs may play it safe to wait another year to go after an elite defenceman (if available) until Patrick Marleau's current contract is off the books. I say current because I could see him signing a small term, small-cap hit deal to stay with the Leafs should they get closer to cup contention. Call me bias I like what Marleau does as a player for the team and the game. Also, I love the fact that you are keeping the fourth line intact the way that it currently is. More and more I see that line continue to gel together well so that Bab's can stop tinkering. It's also useful to have two guys on the same line who are natural centre's.

#keeptheeliteplayerstogether

As soon as Marleau's contract expires, Dermot's ELC ends. So the Leafs might not have enough cap to get this so called elite Dmen. In 2019/20 maybe (and the Leafs hope for cap reasons) it's Reilly, Zaitsev, Dermot, Ozzie, Sandin and Liljgren. that six....Rosen, Borgman, maybe Durzi. that's nine.. Let's just hope the Leafs are playing this June and then we'll worry about the next year smile
LeafedIn a aimé ceci.
30 déc. 2018 à 12 h 43
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,270
Well if the Nylander contract taught as anything than the middle ground is where the players sign. Matthews will ask for McDavid money, Dubas says Tavares money, meet in the middle. Marner asks for Eichel money, Dubas says Drasaitl money, meet in the middle. So Matthews between 11 and 12.5 million? and Marner between 8.5 and 10 million. Best case is they try Nylander's trick and sign for only 7 years so they can reach UFA one season earlier and take a small paycut to gain that extra UFA status season.
30 déc. 2018 à 14 h 42
Mentions "j'aime": 1,540
. To use Dubas's statements back in the previous summer and even November as a future blueprint for the Leafs is unreasonable. Heck important written statements such as the Ten Commandments get broken all the time, and the US Constitution has what 25 amendments.

That's a pretty awesome line smile
30 déc. 2018 à 18 h 0
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
You really think if Johnsson puts up 35 points hes getting less than $1.25 million?

No, that's right around where I think he'll sign.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage