Season Opener?

Créé par: boston781
Équipe: 2018-19 Bruins de Boston
Date de création initiale: 2 août 2018
Publié: 2 août 2018
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Based on what the team looks like now, here are my thoughts on Opening night:

1. The McQuaid trade isn't necessarily with Arizona, I just feel like they'll trade him somewhere by the start of camp or even the season.

2. Think Bjork gets another shot with 63/37 because he did look good with them in his small sample size last season with them.

3. Think JFK comes in and snags that 3rd line center spot with a solid camp.

4. Heinen and Backes are interchangeable to me on the right side. Both can play 3rd or 4th line RW.

5. Between Wagner, Nordstrom, and Acciari, I don't know. To me Kuraly and Heinen/Backes lock in 2 of those 3 spots, all depends on who gets that last spot on the 4th line.

6. I'm stumped on defense. Love Grzelcyk, but it feels like he's the odd man out right now based on the look of the left side.
Transactions
BOS
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2019 (ARI)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de ARI
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2379 500 000 $73 207 335 $774 000 $3 737 500 $6 292 665 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 7
6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
AD, AG
UFA - 2
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
6 666 667 $6 666 667 $
AD
UFA - 5
900 000 $900 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, C, AD
UFA - 1
916 667 $916 667 $
AD, C
RFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C, AD
NMC
UFA - 3
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
872 500 $872 500 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
1 275 000 $1 275 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 3
725 000 $725 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 750 000 $$2M)
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
916 667 $916 667 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
DD
UFA - 1
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
789 167 $789 167 $
DD
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG
UFA - 5
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
2 août 2018 à 11 h 3
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,595
If anything Backes goes to the 4th line. Heinen had nearly 50 points as a rookie, so playing him with Kuraly and Nordstrom isn't going to help his development.

I'm a huge Bjork guy, but I could see him getting some time in the AHL (considering he's coming off injury) if he doesn't blow them away in camp.

Studnicka and Frederic are both major sleepers to earn a spot and I think they'll compete against JFK for #3C to start the year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Studnicka get the nod for a 7-9 games before Boston decides whether or not to keep him or send him back to juniors. This also gives JFK some ample minutes in the AHL to make sure he's good to go after his concussion last year.

I think Acciari could be an odd man out here. He role is really just a 4th line checker (something Backes & Wagner bring). He's only got a year left on his deal, so maybe you could get a later pick or package him in a deal.

Lastly, I could see Moore paired with Carlo and Krug on the 3rd pairing. Give Krug lesser competition to face and double him up on both PP's
Propeller09 et Gofnut999 a aimé ceci.
2 août 2018 à 11 h 11
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 639
Agree with Most of it.

I think it's Miller or Krug that they move though. They both have move value in return, and Mcquaid comes off next year any way and is a solid 6/7th dman and he will likely resign and be cheaper next year. Miller has the extra year and is a bit redundant. McAvoy and Carlo should carry the load on the right side. Moore has played RD too, so he can fill in there if need be. Golobeuf can fill in in case of short term injury on the right as well.

I think Backes slots down, but who knows. I also think Wagner makes in the lineup due to physicality. If they do go with JFK or Studnicka, they may want a vet out there with them.
2 août 2018 à 11 h 14
Bcarlo25
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,465
You started out with some good concepts here, but I have a couple big issues.

I like the idea of breaking up the top line for some depth. I like the idea of a kid grabbing the third line center role, but I think it Studnicka is the most likely candidate. I thought Bjork looked okay at best with Bergeron and Marchand. He's fast, but I dont think he can think the game at close to their speed. I actually think Heinen is the guy that would fit best there. You really lost me on the "heinen and backes are interchangeable," concept though. Heinen was fourth among bruins forwards in points last year. It was the first line, and then heinen.....aandddd now he's on the fourth line behind two rookies and a guy that looked like he was closer to retirement than top 9 minutes in the playoffs. Heinen is at worst third line and I think the way the off season is shaping up he'll likely be riding with either Krejci or Bergeron. The other problem is Grizz. They didn't give that dude two years to have him be the 7th d. He was fantastic all year for them. He got called up and refused to give the job up. They brought in Holden thinking he wasn't ready for playoff hockey, and his play forced him into the lineup. I think he's better than Krug.
2 août 2018 à 11 h 15
Bcarlo25
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,465
Quoting: Propeller09
Agree with Most of it.

I think it's Miller or Krug that they move though. They both have move value in return, and Mcquaid comes off next year any way and is a solid 6/7th dman and he will likely resign and be cheaper next year. Miller has the extra year and is a bit redundant. McAvoy and Carlo should carry the load on the right side. Moore has played RD too, so he can fill in there if need be. Golobeuf can fill in in case of short term injury on the right as well.

I think Backes slots down, but who knows. I also think Wagner makes in the lineup due to physicality. If they do go with JFK or Studnicka, they may want a vet out there with them.

Golobeuf is just depth for providence, not boston.
Gofnut999 a aimé ceci.
2 août 2018 à 11 h 20
Quoting: ON3M4N
If anything Backes goes to the 4th line. Heinen had nearly 50 points as a rookie, so playing him with Kuraly and Nordstrom isn't going to help his development.

I'm a huge Bjork guy, but I could see him getting some time in the AHL (considering he's coming off injury) if he doesn't blow them away in camp.

Studnicka and Frederic are both major sleepers to earn a spot and I think they'll compete against JFK for #3C to start the year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Studnicka get the nod for a 7-9 games before Boston decides whether or not to keep him or send him back to juniors. This also gives JFK some ample minutes in the AHL to make sure he's good to go after his concussion last year.

I think Acciari could be an odd man out here. He role is really just a 4th line checker (something Backes & Wagner bring). He's only got a year left on his deal, so maybe you could get a later pick or package him in a deal.

Lastly, I could see Moore paired with Carlo and Krug on the 3rd pairing. Give Krug lesser competition to face and double him up on both PP's

I don't think Bjork spends any time in AHL unless he looks bad. That Bear tracks twitter promo they do had him at ND talking about how excited he is to play there at the winter classic - granted a few months out, but he seems confident he will be there and I can't see the Bruins approving a similar promo if the game were being held in Wisconsin with Frederic. Who knows. I am with you on being high on him, Personally, I think he will be the best of their young wingers (as long as he learns to skate with his head up).

I feel like they have to make a move, but it might not come until after the season starts.
2 août 2018 à 11 h 23
Quoting: Bcarlo25
Golobeuf is just depth for providence, not boston.

Agree, I just mean they can call him up for a game or two to fill in the right side if needed, but I don't think that would happen. If he play more than 10-12 games in the NHL - something went wrong. He is this years potsma
2 août 2018 à 11 h 58
I don't think Bjork spends any time in AHL unless he looks bad. That Bear tracks twitter promo they do had him at ND talking about how excited he is to play there at the winter classic - granted a few months out, but he seems confident he will be there and I can't see the Bruins approving a similar promo if the game were being held in Wisconsin with Frederic. Who knows. I am with you on being high on him, Personally, I think he will be the best of their young wingers (as long as he learns to skate with his head up).

I feel like they have to make a move, but it might not come until after the season starts.

When I talk about going to the AHL, I'm talking for maybe 2-3 weeks to start the year. Give him 20+ minutes a night on the 1st line and really let him get into a flow with his game. I know everyone will be coming off the off-season, but Bjork has seen game action since the end of January, so it may not be bad to get some extra TOI. If not for the season ending injury I think Bjork would have been a good asset for the playoffs. The way I see Bjork...

Stick handles like Pasta
IQ like Bergeron
Skates like Marchand

Kid is going to be a really good player if he puts it all together.
2 août 2018 à 12 h 11
Démarrer sujet
boston781
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 5
Quoting: Bcarlo25
You started out with some good concepts here, but I have a couple big issues.

I like the idea of breaking up the top line for some depth. I like the idea of a kid grabbing the third line center role, but I think it Studnicka is the most likely candidate. I thought Bjork looked okay at best with Bergeron and Marchand. He's fast, but I dont think he can think the game at close to their speed. I actually think Heinen is the guy that would fit best there. You really lost me on the "heinen and backes are interchangeable," concept though. Heinen was fourth among bruins forwards in points last year. It was the first line, and then heinen.....aandddd now he's on the fourth line behind two rookies and a guy that looked like he was closer to retirement than top 9 minutes in the playoffs. Heinen is at worst third line and I think the way the off season is shaping up he'll likely be riding with either Krejci or Bergeron. The other problem is Grizz. They didn't give that dude two years to have him be the 7th d. He was fantastic all year for them. He got called up and refused to give the job up. They brought in Holden thinking he wasn't ready for playoff hockey, and his play forced him into the lineup. I think he's better than Krug.

Understand the whole Heinen/Backes situation. Don't think they're totally interchangeable because I take Heinen over Backes any day. However, I feel that if Heinen doesn't grab a top-6 spot out of camp, he falls to 4th line because even though Bruce will play the kids, he's still got a little Claude in him and I can't see him starting the season with his third line being made up of 1st or 2nd year players.

As far as Grizz, I felt that when they signed him he was a lock for a top-6 spot. But then they went out and signed Moore to a 5-year deal on the same side and still haven't traded away anybody. To me, I can't see Cassidy benching the Captain, Krug, or a newly signed D-man to play Grzelcyk. Thing can change, obviously, but right now I'm kind of stumped with the defense situation.
2 août 2018 à 12 h 14
Démarrer sujet
boston781
Agree with Most of it.

I can still see them moving Krug or Miller, but I feel that McQuaid will ultimately be the guy. To me, if a team loses a guy long term or for the season in camp or pre-season, they'll likely take McQuaid because he only has one year left and he is a low risk/reward guy. In the case of Krug, I feel we see some news on him once the Karlsson domino falls.
2 août 2018 à 12 h 18
Démarrer sujet
boston781
Quoting: ON3M4N

Understand where you're coming from on all of this. On the Studnicka/Frederic/JFK thing. I'm personally convinced they're giving Frederic a whole season in the AHL to let him develop even more than he already has. I do like the idea of Studnicka getting the 7-9 game stint before they make their decision on what to do, especially with JFK coming off the concussion. Who knows really. I guess it's good for a team to have plenty of options, especially if they run into the injury bug they had last season.
2 août 2018 à 12 h 57
Quoting: boston781
Understand where you're coming from on all of this. On the Studnicka/Frederic/JFK thing. I'm personally convinced they're giving Frederic a whole season in the AHL to let him develop even more than he already has. I do like the idea of Studnicka getting the 7-9 game stint before they make their decision on what to do, especially with JFK coming off the concussion. Who knows really. I guess it's good for a team to have plenty of options, especially if they run into the injury bug they had last season.

Frederic IMO is the darkhorse. He needs to blow both JFK/Studnicka away at camp to take that spot. As Sweeney has said though, the best guys are going to play and if that happens to be Frederic I think they wouldn't hesitate to go with him. It also gives him an opportunity to be mentored by a guy his models his game after in David Backes.

Studnicka is a unique situation because he's going into his last eligible year of juniors and from those who are paid to follow (not the Hackerty's of the world), many think there really isn't much more development Studnicka would get in juniors. Of course in an ideal world he goes to the AHL, but because of the NHL/CHL agreement he can't.

It'll be an interesting battle at camp because Kuraly will get a look as well as the #3C potentially. Right now I'd rank it from favorite to darkhorse...

1. JFK
2. Studnicka
3. Frederic
4. Kuraly

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage