Forums/Armchair-GM

Canes deal

Créé par: WALaxer19
Équipe: 2018-19 Blackhawks de Chicago
Date de création initiale: 10 juin 2018
Publié: 10 juin 2018
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Elliotte Friedman mentioned the idea of Hossa for Darling in his most recent 31 Thoughts.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 000 000 $
21 500 000 $
1800 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
22 250 000 $
Transactions
CAR
  1. Hossa, Marián
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2018 (NSH)
Détails additionnels:
Rights to RFA Anthony Duclair
CHI
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2018 (CHI)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de TOR
Logo de NSH
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de BOS
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de ANA
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2380 000 000 $65 533 045 $1 232 500 $4 757 500 $14 466 955 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 5
778 333 $778 333 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
AG, AD
UFA - 2
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, C
UFA - 1
2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
AG, AD, C
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance925 000 $$925K)
AG, AD, C
UFA - 1
833 750 $833 750 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 2
650 000 $650 000 $
C
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, AG
UFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 538 462 $5 538 462 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 5
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
3 850 000 $3 850 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
650 000 $650 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 juin 2018 à 16 h 18
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,036
Canes pass
10 juin 2018 à 16 h 30
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,220
Even with Darling going the other way, why would we touch Hossa? And the Nashville 1st not even your own? Nah thanks mate. Keep the guy who's allergic to his own equipment
10 juin 2018 à 16 h 33
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 64
Darling for Hossa is fine, but it's going to take a lot more to get Faulk. They're not just going to give him away for a late 1st and rights to a forward that hasn't proven he's NHL capable yet.

Also, Hinostroza should not be an NHL center ever - he's just not good enough defensively. Neither of those bottom 2 lines would be trusted against anyone but the lowest of the low comp by Q, either. A capable checking line option is going to be key for the Hawks, like the Beagle line was for the Caps just this playoffs.
10 juin 2018 à 16 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Chicago AGM
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 68
Quoting: Caniac2000
Even with Darling going the other way, why would we touch Hossa? And the Nashville 1st not even your own? Nah thanks mate. Keep the guy who's allergic to his own equipment

Because he is only about a million more in cap space but only costs $1 million in actual dollars, which the owner would like. Canes want to move Darling's cap hit and dollars and look elsewhere in net.
10 juin 2018 à 16 h 40

No one is giving up a top 10 pick for Faulk, sorry. If it was like 15th, sure, but that's probably the highest he could pull in. The offer in this particular scenario is much too low but the #8 wouldn't ever be included.

But the reason the Canes would take on Hossa is because it's smart to use the extra cap space they have to get an asset / favor from another team. If Darling really is disliked that much by the Canes org, then taking on a contract that doesn't impact their team at all to move it would totally be a win-win for them, especially for any owner who wants to shed actual salary (if that is still the case). The Canes could sign Tavares, all their RFAs, make other trades, and it still wouldn't impact them to take on Hossa with a Darling switch.

Having additional cap space and not using it as leverage to get something out of other teams would be dumb. Vegas did it masterfully last season and got so much from it.
10 juin 2018 à 16 h 45
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 211
Darling is only coming back with 50% retained on the deal. The Blackhawks won't spend $10M on the deal. The package will look more like Anisimov, Duclair, NSH 1st for Faulk and Darling (50%) retained. This allows Carolina to save money on Darling's deal and potentially pursue Grubauer or Hutton in net.
10 juin 2018 à 17 h 9
HawksFan28
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 138
I would consider that if Carolina ate 50% of Darlings salary...

Hossa's contract holds some pretty good value to a team that wants to save $cash$ - at least a 2nd round pick..... Hossa's contract doesn't hinder the Hawks at all and now he's basically a "4.275 salary cap cash coupon" to any team that wants to save 4.275 million a season...... I don't know what 4.275 million every season over 3 seasons is worth to a team but I would suspect at least a 2nd round pick...... I mean that's 12.825 million over those 3 years - that's a lot of money a team could save..

Factor in the Canes would LOVE to dump Darling (who would be a cap dump)....... You would have to figure taking Darling on would lower the asking price on Faulk just a bit (if the Hawks took Darling at full salary)...

How about Hossa, Forsling, Duclair & Forsberg for Faulk & Darling (25%) retained?

Also, I think Anisimov could get more than a 2nd round pick...... Heck, Shaw got (2) 2nd round picks and Anisimov is superior to Shaw in every way shape and form when it comes to skill....

I would love to package Anisimov with the 27th overall pick to move up to a top 15 pick... But on his own I think Anisimov is worth a late first round pick & 3rd round pick..... Look at what Ryan Hartman got, and offensively just like Shaw - Anisimov is way more offensively gifted..

Heck, if the Islanders are losing Tavares, send Anisimov to the Islanders with the 27th overall pick for the 12th overall pick... Toss in one of the Hawks AHL prospects or the RFA rights to Duclair if need be to get it done....... The Hawks could take Ty Smith or Joe Veleno at 12th overall....
11 juin 2018 à 10 h 59
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 199
I'm not sure how a Hossa for Darling deal is beneficial for the Hawks. The move essentially a $0 cap hit for a $4+M bad contract. The only way it makes sense is if Darling is 50% retained and that's not likely to happen.
Hossa to Arizona for a late rounder or with a late rounder just makes more sense to me. Move the contract for for essentially nothing lost or gained.
11 juin 2018 à 11 h 44
Quoting: Lly
No one is giving up a top 10 pick for Faulk, sorry. If it was like 15th, sure, but that's probably the highest he could pull in. The offer in this particular scenario is much too low but the #8 wouldn't ever be included.

But the reason the Canes would take on Hossa is because it's smart to use the extra cap space they have to get an asset / favor from another team. If Darling really is disliked that much by the Canes org, then taking on a contract that doesn't impact their team at all to move it would totally be a win-win for them, especially for any owner who wants to shed actual salary (if that is still the case). The Canes could sign Tavares, all their RFAs, make other trades, and it still wouldn't impact them to take on Hossa with a Darling switch.

Having additional cap space and not using it as leverage to get something out of other teams would be dumb. Vegas did it masterfully last season and got so much from it.

The Chicago pick isn't for faulk. It's for taking Hossa.
11 juin 2018 à 11 h 45
Quoting: HawksFan28
I would consider that if Carolina ate 50% of Darlings salary...

Hossa's contract holds some pretty good value to a team that wants to save $cash$ - at least a 2nd round pick..... Hossa's contract doesn't hinder the Hawks at all and now he's basically a "4.275 salary cap cash coupon" to any team that wants to save 4.275 million a season...... I don't know what 4.275 million every season over 3 seasons is worth to a team but I would suspect at least a 2nd round pick...... I mean that's 12.825 million over those 3 years - that's a lot of money a team could save..

Factor in the Canes would LOVE to dump Darling (who would be a cap dump)....... You would have to figure taking Darling on would lower the asking price on Faulk just a bit (if the Hawks took Darling at full salary)...

How about Hossa, Forsling, Duclair & Forsberg for Faulk & Darling (25%) retained?

Also, I think Anisimov could get more than a 2nd round pick...... Heck, Shaw got (2) 2nd round picks and Anisimov is superior to Shaw in every way shape and form when it comes to skill....

I would love to package Anisimov with the 27th overall pick to move up to a top 15 pick... But on his own I think Anisimov is worth a late first round pick & 3rd round pick..... Look at what Ryan Hartman got, and offensively just like Shaw - Anisimov is way more offensively gifted..

Heck, if the Islanders are losing Tavares, send Anisimov to the Islanders with the 27th overall pick for the 12th overall pick... Toss in one of the Hawks AHL prospects or the RFA rights to Duclair if need be to get it done....... The Hawks could take Ty Smith or Joe Veleno at 12th overall....

Hossa's contract isn't fully insured so there is still a cap hit I believe
11 juin 2018 à 14 h 4
HawksFan28
Hossa's contract isn't fully insured so there is still a cap hit I believe

No there is no cap hit at all...... Insurance covers salary not cap hit, besides Hossa's salary is 1 million (which makes his contract extremely useful to another team)....

Teams can go 10% over the salary cap in the off-season, but teams have to be cap compliant by the first day of the regular season and on the first day of the regular season the Hawks will place Hossa on LTIR - so Hossa's cap hit is irrelevant to the Hawks this summer because they can go 10% over the cap...... Hossa's contract doesn't handcuff Bowman in any way shape or form...... The Hawks technically have 5.275 million more to spend this summer than what capfriendly has officially listed.

The Hawks have no reason to trade Hossa, and if they do it will be because a team wants to use his 5.275 cap hit (1M salary) as a "cap coupon" to save 4.275 in real cash..... And that has value to a team, so if Bowman were to trade him I'm sure he would want an asset coming back in return, because Hossa's contract holds value...

https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

"Can LTIR be used in the off-season?

Yes, LTIR can be used in the off-season while the 10% off-season cushion is active. LTIR in the off-season is calculated using the basic equation outlined above, which permits a team to exceed the off-season salary cap. To use off-season LTIR the team must provide doctors proof that the player in question will continue to be injured at the beginning of the regular season for 10 NHL games and 24 calendar days.

At the start of the season the teams LTIR relief & ACSL is recalculated when the 10% cushion is removed."
11 juin 2018 à 14 h 12
HawksFan28

Hossa is NOT a cap problem for the Hawks... Hossa's cap hit is basically MOOT..... The Hawks can spend Hossa's 5.275 cap hit this summer because the Hawks can go 10% over the salary cap knowing that Hossa will be placed on LTIR come the first day of the regular season.....

Hossa's contract does NOT affect the Hawks cap situation at all - the Hawks have 5.275 million more in cap space than what capfriendly has listed...... Hossa is basically on LTIR over the summer...

Again:

https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq#offseason

"Can LTIR be used in the off-season?

Yes, LTIR can be used in the off-season while the 10% off-season cushion is active. LTIR in the off-season is calculated using the basic equation outlined above, which permits a team to exceed the off-season salary cap. To use off-season LTIR the team must provide doctors proof that the player in question will continue to be injured at the beginning of the regular season for 10 NHL games and 24 calendar days.

At the start of the season the teams LTIR relief & ACSL is recalculated when the 10% cushion is removed."
11 juin 2018 à 15 h 38

Uh then it makes even less sense. The Hawks do not have to trade Hossa, they can LTIR him and get similar relief. The last time a major cap hit was traded, it was Datsyuk + #16 for #20, #53rd and forward Joe Vitale (for contract limit reasons). Essentially, the Yotes took Datsyuk so they could move up 4 spot and threw in a 2nd rounder. Hossa's contract is for more years so knock off the 2nd rounder but they certainly wouldn't get a top 10 pick without anything else in return.

Also, if the #8 wasn't for Faulk, then they're essentially trading Faulk for the rights to Duclair alone, which is ridiculous. I don't think Faulk should get a #8 pick but he's certainly worth more than Duclair. The whole trade does not make any sense.
11 juin 2018 à 20 h 5
HawksFan28
Quoting: Lly
Uh then it makes even less sense. The Hawks do not have to trade Hossa, they can LTIR him and get similar relief. The last time a major cap hit was traded, it was Datsyuk + #16 for #20, #53rd and forward Joe Vitale (for contract limit reasons). Essentially, the Yotes took Datsyuk so they could move up 4 spot and threw in a 2nd rounder. Hossa's contract is for more years so knock off the 2nd rounder but they certainly wouldn't get a top 10 pick without anything else in return.

Also, if the #8 wasn't for Faulk, then they're essentially trading Faulk for the rights to Duclair alone, which is ridiculous. I don't think Faulk should get a #8 pick but he's certainly worth more than Duclair. The whole trade does not make any sense.

The Hawks aren't trading Hossa because they have no reason to...... Bowman can spend Hossa's cap hit this summer and Hossa's real salary is only 1M...So..

If a team wants Hossa I see no reason for Bowman to trade him for anything less than an asset because he has no reason to, considering Bowman can spend Hossa's cap hit this summer because he will be placed on LTIR the the first day of the season and Bowman can exceed the cap by 10% in the summer....

The only negative of the Hawks keeping Hossa is the fact Hossa takes up 1 of 50 contract slots, but I think the Hawks only have 40 players signed so....
12 juin 2018 à 10 h 0
ChuckyBrightLights73
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2
There is no way in hell that the canes would take this. 1, their #1 D man for a guy who's retiring in one, maybe two years. 2. Darling is their starting goalie, and you are not returning a goalie back giving them a similar if not better option. A first from Nashville would be most likely a 25th-31st. Yes, a rebuilding Hurricanes want everything they can get as far as draft picks go, however, they would take something like the 8th overall pick to compliment the 2nd they already have. 3. Duclair would provide no help on a team like the Canes. They want proven goal scorers who can put the puck in the net. That was their main trouble last year along with a sub-par defense. So, if this trade were even to have a chance at going through, you'd need to provide a better defensive option. This is where the 8th pick comes in, the Hawks will most likely draft Quinton Hughes with the 8th. Give the Canes the 8th, and then they'll talk. Overall, this team and this trade is extremely unrealistic.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage