This took me way too long

This took me way too long

Cuvée de repêchage: 2018
Créé par: BeterChiarelli
Publié: 19 mai 2018 à 17 h 23
Description
Please read it. I already hate myself for dedicating so much time to this lol
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Considered to be a generational defenceman. The Atlantic is going to be a murder's row for years, with the Bolts, Bruins, Leafs, Panthers, AND Sabres all being competitive.
2Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-The goal-scoring machine they always wanted via lottery. I suspect they'll see a lot of offers for this pick, but if they're adamant about moving Skinner, Svech is their guy in the bigger picture
3Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Best hope Zadina learns how to take a faceoff. Cool that he goes to his boyhood team though. Montreal looks to take the BPA as their prospect pool is severely lacking.
4Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-I don't think, despite how badly they need a winger, Ottawa goes for Tkachuk. I think Bouchard is a really attractive option considering Karlsson's future in the Canadian Capital being such a huge question mark. He's probably NHL ready and will join youngsters Brown and White.
5Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-Boqvist is probably the LAST piece Arizona needs to be a scary team in a few years: RD is the only considerable hole in their roster. OEL having another super Swede to mentor probably adds to the attractiveness of his rumoured 8-year extension.
6Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-He's probably NHL ready and plays in their backyard. Considering Detroit probably has a really good shot at drafting his younger brother next year, Hughes makes sense for the rebuilding Wings here.
7Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-Bim Jenning isn't a smart fellow, but Tkachuk at 7 is a no-brainer. Adds to the marketability of the CGY matchup and their modest wealth of high-end forward prospects.
8Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-Chicago is probably going to surprise everyone here, but the chance at adding possibly the purest scorer of the draft (behind Svech) to an already budding 2nd generation offense of Schmaltz and DeBrincat. They have defensive prospects on the way, I can't see them passing on Wahlstrom.
9Logo de Rangers de New York-With Skjei taking a step back, Deangelo and Poink finding their feet, and the modest glut of forwards at their disposal, I can see the Rags taking a long, hard look at a prominent LHD. Smith makes sense if that's what they're looking at.
10Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-Every time Edmonton loses a draft lottery, they somehow win the draft. They badly need a bonafide, puck-moving defenceman in their system, and Dobson is exactly that. With his availability at #10, there's no chance Edmonton trades the pick.
11Logo de Islanders de New York-Tavares is staying fwiw, but with the LW wealth the Islanders system boasts, they look to take the purest center of the draft in Veleno. Ideally in two years both he and Barzal feature on a line together to balance strong- and weak-side faceoffs.
12Logo de Islanders de New YorkLogo de Flames de CalgaryWith their second 1st-Round Pick, the Isles build up their poor defensive depth with Wilde, who hopefully slots in behind Pulock in no more than 2 years.
13Logo de Stars de Dallas-Dallas still has no #2C, as Faksa seems to have plateaued as a #3C. They happily take the next best center in the draft, who impressed at the U18s this year. Kotkaniemi looks to play alongside Lindell, Honka, and Heiskanen as the Finnish core down South
14Logo de Flyers de PhiladelphieLogo de Blues de St-LouisThe Flyers boast a disgusting amount of prospect depth, so they're comfortable taking just about any player here. There aren't a wealth of right-handed centers in their system, so Kupari is their guy
15Logo de Panthers de la Floride-Florida probably needs to add another high-end defenseman at this point, but passing on Farabee would be incredibly hard to do at this point, as he'd make their offense incredibly lethal in a matter of years.
16Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-Adding Girard and Ottawa's 2019 1st gives Colorado a ton of flexibility here with their pick. They add the BPA and their future #2C - Barrett Hayton.
17Logo de Devils du New Jersey-While Jersey could really use a game-breaking defenceman, they have the inside track on McLeod's scouting report and look to unite the brothers. Besides, they're probably the front-runners for Carlson.
18Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Center-depth behind PLD has shown to be a weakness for the Blue Snackets. They also boast a nonexistent prospect pool. Lundestrom is their best option here, and could be ready by the end of next season.
19Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-If they opt to keep the pick - and they most likely will - adding a pure winger should be the next to-do on Hextall's list. Kravtsov fits the bill, and they can allow him to take an extra year or two to develop.
20Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-The Kings have a few budding forward prospects and are going to want to bolster the back end for the future: Doughty isn't getting younger and there's no certainty he stays (he probably will though). McIssac, welcome to LA.
21Logo de Sharks de San Jose-The Sharks follow suit to the Kings and look to build up their blueline, which has aged even more so than Los Angeles'. Sandin has shown so well in the Soo, it's hard for me to imagine the Sharks don't jump on him immediately.
22Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Penguins de PittsburghHaving found their Karlsson insurance at #4, the Sens look to Russia to solve some of the deficiencies at LW. they haven't actually taken a Russian in the draft since 2007, and haven't pulled one from overseas since 2005. Status quo hasn't worked for them, and this seems like the easiest way to try something new.
23Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Montour will get offer sheeted this summer. While it sucks for Ducks management, they routinely pump out quality defenders. Next in line to the throne? Nils Lundkvist.
24Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Minny has religiously gone for forwards in the early rounds of the past few drafts. This time, they look to add blueline assistance. Suter isn't getting any younger and their bottom pairing is borderline AHL calibre. Having Greenway and Miller on the same team will punish the Central for years.
25Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-The Leafs could use more centers in their prospect pool, but I'm certain Dubas has the confidence in Babcock to taim the stallion of the draft. Merkley featuring along with Liljegren on the starboard guard give the leafs the offensive firepower to run house in the Atlantic for years.
26Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Bruins de BostonWith the blueline sorted out, the Rangers are going to look to compliment their center prospects in Hartford with a dynamic winger. Bokk, should he void his SHL contract, would be eligible to join Andersson and Chytil in the AHL for next season.
27Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Predators de NashvilleWhile Chicago would most likely prefer to add a LW prospect here, the BPA has slid a fair bit from where many scouts thought he would go: it's too hard for them to pass on Noel at this point.
28Logo de Capitals de Washington-Washington has addressed their blueline prospects in previous drafts: they need to inject skill to the forward positions in their system. Kaut fits the bill and could possibly feature in Hershey next season.
29Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Golden Knights de VegasDetroit found their blueline anchor for the future early in the draft. They'll look to add a complimentary center to their system as they continue to add skill to their system. BPA; Akil Thomas.
30Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayThe Rangers make their way back to the podium to select Andersson's teammate from the WJCs, Jacob Olofsson. This pick gives them a wealth of talented center prospects that could either shift to the wing or be used to acquire players at other positions.
31Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Jets de WinnipegThe Blues have loaded up on forward prospects over the last few years and will look to add a defenseman to their system. Jet Woo appears to be a consensus pick for the late first round.
RONDE 2ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
32Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Buffalo continues to add defencemen in this draft, as their focus over the past few drafts has been on forwards. Samuelsson plays a safer style, and would compliment Dahlin and Ristolainen in the future.
33Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Sénateurs d'OttawaDetroit selects the first goaltender of the draft, hoping that his higher draft stock translates into success in the future. Detroit hops on the trend of tall goaltenders.
34Logo de Panthers de la FlorideLogo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaFlorida compliments their addition of skilled forward Farabee with a skilled, puck-moving defenceman. Addison would look to slot behind Ekblad in a few years.
35Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Is he French? Check. Is he a center? Check. This is an incredibly fortunate (and obvious) pick for the Habs, and I can genuinely see Bergevin tripping over himself on his way to the podium to make this pick.
36Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-I imagine this might be the steal of the draft, as he's gone largely unnoticed by many draft boards up until this point. Detroit continues to build their blueline in preparation to build their offence next year. Adam Ginning goes 36th.
37Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-Vancouver continues to flush out their system and adds a defenceman to their early selection of Tkachuk. Another fortunate slide in favour of Canada's least-liked team.
38Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Blackhawks de ChicagoThe French team continues to do French things and add French players. While Price is still the best goaltender on the planet, and Lindgren is looking to be a legitimate prospect, nothing lasts forever. Montreal adds Rodrigue to their system in hopes of seeing him playing in Laval within 2 years.
39Logo de Rangers de New York-I actually didn't realize that the Rangers had FOUR picks in the top-40 until now. That's impressive. The Rangers add a LW in Macdonald, having already selected a LD, RW, and C.
40Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-While the big winger is still going to need a few years to progress into an NHL player, Edmonton boasts atrocious LW depth throughout their entire organization. Ranta should look to join countryman Puljujarvi in a few seasons as a dynamic scoring forward for the Oil.
41Logo de Islanders de New York-Despite boasting one of the best goaltending prospects in the league, the Islanders need reinforcements in net, and add Skarek to eventually back up Sorokin.
42Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-Carolina is in no rush for a top prospect to join their system after already being gifted Svechnikov. Carolina takes a flyer on Tychonick and has the organizational depth to wait 3 or 4 years before he's NHL ready.
43Logo de Islanders de New YorkLogo de Flames de CalgaryThe Isles continue to build on their wildly impressive collection of forward prospects by adding a pure RW in Vladislav Kotkov, who would likely join Veleno in Drumondville later on in the QMJHL season.
44Logo de Stars de Dallas-The Stars add another center, and probably the BPA up to this point, Liam Foudy.
45Logo de Blues de St-Louis-The Blues continue to bolster their blueline prospects and add the largely unnoticed Filip Johansson to their system.
46Logo de Capitals de WashingtonLogo de Panthers de la FlorideWashington continues to add forwards to insulate their team during the eventual decline of Ovechkin. McLaughlin projects to be a roster player in 3 years.
47Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-I imagine the Avalanche regret losing Pickard in the expansion draft, and are going to look to replace him internally. Que the puns about gravel and mountains with the selection of Alexis Gravel.
48Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Devils du New JerseyDellandrea probably should have gone higher than this, but if he's available, the Rangers are most definitely taking him. Five picks within the top 50 is quite the feat. I wonder if they don't need to continue the rebuilding process after this season.
49Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Hallander also probably doesn't slide this far back, but if he does, Jarmo and company should consider themselves mighty fortunate to pick up another Swedish center.
50Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-While it's not a priority for the Flyers, they probably feel pretty inspired to take a defenseman with the 2nd Rounder after taking a C and RW. Fehervary might be a bit of a project, but the Flyers have loads of time to let him develop into the player they want.
51Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-The Kings probably look to find a pure winger with their 2018 2nd Round Pick, as their previous high picks have seen strictly centers or defence drafted. Hard to imagine Blade Jenkins sliding any further than he has now.
52Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Sharks de San JoseAnother player that I probably have lower than everyone else, James O'Brien makes his way to the center of the universe to one day slot as a middle-six center.
53Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-It's time for Pittsburgh to seriously quit moving picks. Crysob is one braining away from retirement and the lack of depth is starting to show. McShan probably goes higher, otherwise he's a really, really good fit for the Penguins' system.
54Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Eriksson-Ek will probably pan out as a quality goaltender for the Ducks, but with the amount of depth they feature at every other position, there's little risk taking a goalie with pedigree here.
55Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Wild du MinnesotaThe only position the Coyotes could look to continue adding to is in net: the NHL level is established, but there's little within the organization that screams "long-term". Amir Miftakhov is at least 4 to 5 years away from being the guy for the Coyotes, but exudes talent in the crease. Considering what they're already working with, their management should be able to justify the pick.
56Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoMontreal has a substantial need on LD, and has time to burn as Alzner's contract ticks away and Mete develops into a top-4 defenceman. Bahl is roughly 3 years away, but his hulking size would greatly help Montreal contain the eventual powerhouses of the Atlantic.
57Logo de Bruins de Boston-Boston doesn't feature a prospect pool "needing": many of their later picks or picks from previous drafts are coming into their own now. Annunen gives the Bruins a very solid goaltending prospect to develop alongside Swayman and Vladar in hopes that one of them pans out as an eventual Rask replacement.
58Logo de Avalanche du ColoradoLogo de Predators de NashvilleColorado has shown interest in Canada's Junior-A leagues for a while, with two of their past 1st round picks seeing players come from the AJHL and BCHL. They continue this trend in the 2018 2nd Round by taking Jack McBain out of the OJHL.
59Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Capitals de WashingtonMontreal adds another frog, this time in the form of a mobile LHD potentially destined to anchor the Canadiens' PP in four years' time.
60Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-Vegas' first selection finds them a skilled forward that plans on taking the college route; Drury gives them time to develop him while Glass and Suzuki make their way onto the NHL squad next season.
61Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay-Kurashev fills the void that was made when the Lightning dealt Howden to the Rangers. He joins an already ridiculous prospect pool.
62Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Speaking of filthy prospect pools, the Jets are starting to see their prospects graduate. They add a center to restock their pool.
19 mai 2018 à 17 h 42
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 521
Hats off to the sheer effort it took to assemble this. I don’t agree with every last pick here. For example I 100% see the Oilers taking Farabee and I can’t imagine Samuelsson and Alexeyev both slipping to the 2nd round. But you did your research and it shows. Very well done.

From an Isles fan perspective, they seem kinda destined to take Veleno given his talent and the Isles need of Center prospects. As for their second pick, I see Garth surprising everyone and reaching far for Merkley. Garth likes his small speedy defensemen and he’d like one that shoots right. But Wilde is still a great fit for our system. With so many offensive LHDs (Wotherspoon, Vande Sompel, Aho, Quenneville) already in our system, we need a big body on the right side. Wilde fits that nicely.
BeterChiarelli a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2018 à 17 h 44
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,399
I'd hate taking ******* Kupari at 14th overall. HELL NO.
19 mai 2018 à 18 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Quoting: ExpiredmilkYT
I'd hate taking ******* Kupari at 14th overall. HELL NO.

Curious as to why and who you'd rather take there.
19 mai 2018 à 18 h 36
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Curious as to why and who you'd rather take there.

Farabee or Kravtsov
19 mai 2018 à 18 h 37
Quoting: ExpiredmilkYT
Farabee or Kravtsov

Also other players too
19 mai 2018 à 18 h 59
This is not serious
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7
Wilde being taken high would be ridiculous but it's the isles so it's possible
19 mai 2018 à 21 h 42
GoCanada
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 532
Canucks are Looking at Oliver Wahlstrom closely according to Scouts
19 mai 2018 à 22 h 46
jakeb91
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2
Really nice work!
20 mai 2018 à 6 h 42
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 335
Modifié 20 mai 2018 à 6 h 47
Nice work, must have been hard with the detailed text, I’d be happy to draft Dobson, I think he has the makings of a Pietrangelo type #1 D. Best all around D that’s not named Dahlin and a RD at that.

As for some other thoughts:
I see Anderson McDonald falling hard to the 3rd+
McLeod and Noel possibly as well, if not late 1sts, early 2nds
Akil Thomas may be severely underrated, I see him as a Nick Suzuki type prospect

In the 2nd you’re missing Fonstad (who should go early).
Ylonen should go late there.
Sean Durzi had a pretty good OHL playoff, despite being an overager, can give or take go 2nd if need be, but may fall.
Jonathan Berggren will probably be early
David Gustafsson

Sleepers to keep an eye on: Bulat Shaffigullin, putting up better MHL numbers that Denisenko and Kucherov in their draft years. a PP/G there should be duely noted.
Jake Wise, Niklas Nordgren and Alex Khovanov the others
20 mai 2018 à 8 h 58
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 35
Great job putting this together. Very interesting takes.

Where did you find out about Zadina growing up admiring the Habs, would like to read the article
21 mai 2018 à 11 h 10
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4
Like the Detroit picks, I don't think Akil Thomas is there for Detroit's pick though. I also think if Detroit takes a goalie its later in the draft, I think Detroit wants to continue to load up on forwards and defensemen. I don't have a problem with the goalie pic, I just don't think Detroit goes with a goalie, and based how your draft goes I would think they would take a player like Bo Groulx

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage