SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

The 4 trades I would like to see this year before the TDL.

Créé par: F50marco
Équipe: 2017-18 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 30 déc. 2017
Publié: 3 janv. 2018
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
As long as the minimum requirements are met, I'll be happy.

....And yes obviously if guys like Schlemko or Alzner or Shaw can be moved also it would be ok but I truly don't think these guys can be moved at the TDL. Teams would be more suited to make trades for those guys once the draft is over.
Transactions
MTL
    Minimum requirements:

- 1st round pick in 2018
    - 1 prospect.
    - 1 young roster player.
    MTL
      Minimum Requirements:

2nd round pick 2018
      ANA
      1. Plekanec, Tomas (3 000 000 $ retained)
      MTL
        Minimum Requirements:

2nd round pick 2018
        MTL
          Minimum requirements:

3rd round pick 2018
          MTL
            These two are very hard to say. If we are rebuilding then these guys are young enough to be part of that rebuild. Everyone knows as soon as Galchenyuk leaves he's going to light it up so moving him will only be for what we consider fair value. Gallagher is similar. Not as offensive as Galchenyuk but the total package for the "grit" factor.

Right now if I had to put a price on it for each:

1st round pick 2018
            1 prospect
            1 young roster player

Obviously the better the pick, the less good the prospect needs to be or roster player and vice versa.
            Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
            Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
            Logo de MTL
            Logo de MTL
            Logo de CHI
            Logo de MTL
            Logo de MTL
            Logo de LAK
            Logo de TBL
            Logo de MTL
            Logo de MTL
            Logo de MTL
            Logo de MTL
            Logo de MTL
            Logo de MTL
            Logo de MTL
            Logo de MTL
            Logo de MTL
            Logo de MTL
            Logo de MTL
            Logo de MTL
            Logo de MTL
            TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
            1975 000 000 $48 596 309 $0 $0 $26 403 691 $
            Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
            5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
            AG, AD
            UFA - 6
            839 166 $839 166 $
            AG, AD
            UFA - 2
            912 500 $912 500 $
            C
            UFA - 1
            3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
            C, AD
            UFA - 5
            650 000 $650 000 $
            C, AG, AD
            UFA - 2
            725 000 $725 000 $
            C, AG
            UFA - 1
            1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
            AD
            UFA - 1
            725 000 $725 000 $
            AG
            UFA - 1
            650 000 $650 000 $
            C
            UFA - 2
            775 000 $775 000 $
            AG, AD
            UFA - 1
            Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
            2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
            DG
            UFA - 3
            7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
            DD
            UFA - 9
            6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
            G
            NMC
            UFA - 1
            4 625 000 $4 625 000 $
            DG
            M-NTC
            UFA - 5
            5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
            DD
            NMC
            UFA - 4
            1 062 500 $1 062 500 $
            G
            UFA - 2
            925 000 $925 000 $
            DG
            UFA - 1
            700 000 $700 000 $
            G
            UFA - 1
            650 000 $650 000 $
            DD
            UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
            • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
            3 janv. 2018 à 12 h 46
            Lehoulx23
            Rejoint: mai 2017
            Mentions "j'aime": 127
            Agreed that we need to move actual assets for future value... Any teams in mind for these 4?

Also, at this point, I would like to see Chucky back at C since the Drouin experiment just doesn't work...
            3 janv. 2018 à 12 h 49
            Rejoint: avr. 2017
            Mentions "j'aime": 491
            What about Gallagher and Galchenyuk? I get you want to build around those guys, but could you put them up with asking prices just to see? Blues would love to get one or even both of them if they could.
            3 janv. 2018 à 12 h 51
            Lets Go Blues
            Rejoint: juin 2016
            Mentions "j'aime": 4,332
            I think Byron would be a nice fit on STL at that price - he's a better, younger, faster version of Upshall with half of the PIM (Upshall needs to take note: being in the lineup to kill penalties means stay out of the box). He could add some explosiveness to a line with Brodziak and Jaskin, or move up the lineup. Maybe package Byron with Benn to get a Bouwmeester insurance package and a safeguard if Dunn is too risky for playoff action.
            3 janv. 2018 à 12 h 56
            Lets Go Blues
            Mentions "j'aime": 4,332
            Quoting: AK_tune
            I think Byron would be a nice fit on STL at that price - he's a better, younger, faster version of Upshall with half of the PIM (Upshall needs to take note: being in the lineup to kill penalties means stay out of the box). He could add some explosiveness to a line with Brodziak and Jaskin, or move up the lineup. Maybe package Byron with Benn to get a Bouwmeester insurance package and a safeguard if Dunn is too risky for playoff action.

Barbashev and a 3rd for Byron and Benn?
            BluesBandit a aimé ceci.
            3 janv. 2018 à 13 h 11
            Galchenyuk and Gallagher get the same price as Pacioretty? Wow. I know they're signed for longer but I think everyone sees it as 1. Pacioretty 2. Galchenyuk 3. Gallagher in terms of trade value. Maybe knock one piece off for each player like a 1st and a young player for Galch and a 1st for Gallagher. If this is way off in the eyes of MTL let me know because I probably have an outsider opinion.
            3 janv. 2018 à 13 h 22
            DConn
            Mentions "j'aime": 7
            Moving Byron, or Galligher would be silly.
            You will never get anything close in value to what Byron provides (and at the cost he provides it).
            And the same for Galligher, especially as he enters his prime.
            3 janv. 2018 à 13 h 24
            Démarrer sujet
            Rejoint: mai 2015
            Mentions "j'aime": 6,730
            Quoting: BluesBandit
            Galchenyuk and Gallagher get the same price as Pacioretty? Wow. I know they're signed for longer but I think everyone sees it as 1. Pacioretty 2. Galchenyuk 3. Gallagher in terms of trade value. Maybe knock one piece off for each player like a 1st and a young player for Galch and a 1st for Gallagher. If this is way off in the eyes of MTL let me know because I probably have an outsider opinion.

Same amount of pieces sure why not but not necessarily the same QUALITY of pieces. Saying a 1st and a prospect is very ambiguous. That could mean TB's 1st 2018 and a Carter Verhaghe or Arizona's 1st 2018 and Dylan Strome....... It really depends on which team we're talking about and which players.

I agree in terms of whose more valuable although i'd say Gallagher right now is more valuable than Galchenyuk but I just gave a rough estimate. An outline for what the price would look like. Negotiation between the two GM's will pinpoint exactly what those variables will be. That will end up being up to interpretation.
            3 janv. 2018 à 13 h 24
            Démarrer sujet
            Quoting: AK_tune
            Barbashev and a 3rd for Byron and Benn?

I think MTL takes that.
            3 janv. 2018 à 13 h 27
            Démarrer sujet
            Quoting: dconn
            Moving Byron, or Galligher would be silly.
            You will never get anything close in value to what Byron provides (and at the cost he provides it).
            And the same for Galligher, especially as he enters his prime.

And if they are planning on rebuilding where the goal is to give young players those minutes ahead of quality guys like Byron or Gallagher, what then? It doesn't matter if we wouldn't get full value at that point. By the time this team would be ready to compete again, those two players would be gone anyway.

Asset management is about knowing when the right time to maximize your return versus the benefit of not doing it. What good is Gallagher and Byron if the team is a bottom feeder for the next 3-4 years?
            3 janv. 2018 à 13 h 54
            DConn
            Mentions "j'aime": 7
            Quoting: F50marco
            And if they are planning on rebuilding where the goal is to give young players those minutes ahead of quality guys like Byron or Gallagher, what then? It doesn't matter if we wouldn't get full value at that point. By the time this team would be ready to compete again, those two players would be gone anyway.

Asset management is about knowing when the right time to maximize your return versus the benefit of not doing it. What good is Gallagher and Byron if the team is a bottom feeder for the next 3-4 years?

You say the goal is to give young players minutes... With Patch and Some of the useless D gone, tell me which position has so much depth that young guys cant get ice time. I'm not saying these players are untouchable, just that you have to consider that they provide something beyond points/wins/spots in the lineup. They can help the rebuilding process.

You cant tell me that guys like Bitton & Evans wont benefit from Gallaghers style of play. Much like the benefit of Weber as he ages... it wont be his defensive prowess, but instead what he is able to do for young defensive prospects.
            3 janv. 2018 à 14 h 5
            MTL gets: Kyrou, Dunn, Steen, Schmaltz, 2019 1st and 2018 2nd
            STL gets: Galchenyuk and Gallagher

Kyrou and Dunn for Galch and Steen Schmaltz and the picks for Gall
            3 janv. 2018 à 14 h 17
            exo2769
            Rejoint: juill. 2015
            Mentions "j'aime": 9,772
            Blackhawks Trade the 2018 1st, Chad Krys, and Vinnie Hinostroza for Patches PLUS $1M retained???

I see you said 1 rostered player, but I honestly think MTL would rather have the cost controlled RFA Centerman than a standard roster piece. Chad Krys is the Hawks 2nd best D prospect.
            3 janv. 2018 à 14 h 36
            LongtimeLeafsufferer
            Mentions "j'aime": 22,686
            Certainly your trades are fair. Just wonder if Montreal owners and fans have the stomach to do a rebuild. Draft picks even if they are good, take time. I we have seen how important "NOW" is to Montreal....Alzner and Drouin last summer were an indication.
            3 janv. 2018 à 15 h 24
            Démarrer sujet
            Quoting: dconn
            You say the goal is to give young players minutes... With Patch and Some of the useless D gone, tell me which position has so much depth that young guys cant get ice time. I'm not saying these players are untouchable, just that you have to consider that they provide something beyond points/wins/spots in the lineup. They can help the rebuilding process.

You cant tell me that guys like Bitton & Evans wont benefit from Gallaghers style of play. Much like the benefit of Weber as he ages... it wont be his defensive prowess, but instead what he is able to do for young defensive prospects.

Sure, absolutely. They can definitely add presence. I won't dispute that. I will dispute however the impact of getting quality youngsters in a trade for a guy like Gallagher trumps the benefit that Gallagher has on young players in the rebuild process. Thats just my opinion though.
            3 janv. 2018 à 15 h 31
            Démarrer sujet
            Quoting: BluesBandit
            MTL gets: Kyrou, Dunn, Steen, Schmaltz, 2019 1st and 2018 2nd
            STL gets: Galchenyuk and Gallagher

Kyrou and Dunn for Galch and Steen Schmaltz and the picks for Gall

Yeah maybe but my opinion really doesn't matter. It'll really depend on whose at the helm of the Habs by the draft. Personally, I'd want less players and better quality ones instead. Take out Dunn and Schmaltz (not that they are not good) and replace with Thomas for example.

Quoting: exo2769
            Blackhawks Trade the 2018 1st, Chad Krys, and Vinnie Hinostroza for Patches PLUS $1M retained???

I see you said 1 rostered player, but I honestly think MTL would rather have the cost controlled RFA Centerman than a standard roster piece. Chad Krys is the Hawks 2nd best D prospect.

Personally I don't see it happening. Vinnie is really nothing that special and Krys IMO isn't as big of as prospect as some think. As I said though that's my opinion.
            3 janv. 2018 à 15 h 32
            Démarrer sujet
            Quoting: palhal
            Certainly your trades are fair. Just wonder if Montreal owners and fans have the stomach to do a rebuild. Draft picks even if they are good, take time. I we have seen how important "NOW" is to Montreal....Alzner and Drouin last summer were an indication.

I think the fans are palhal. Owners that might be a different story.
            3 janv. 2018 à 17 h 33
            exo2769
            Mentions "j'aime": 9,772
            F50, How likely would MTL be willing to take on Hossa's contract ***IF*** they're really selling these pieces? it's not like he's actually owed much money really.
            3 janv. 2018 à 17 h 42
            Démarrer sujet
            Quoting: exo2769
            F50, How likely would MTL be willing to take on Hossa's contract ***IF*** they're really selling these pieces? it's not like he's actually owed much money really.

I can totally see it.

Had Chicago been playing really well this year i could totally see a deal being made where somebody like Pacioretty or Byron etc being moved to Chicago and the Hawks sending back and better package than normal because they also get to unload Hossa at the same time. Both teams hitting two birds with one stone.

Seems the only GM who is smart enough to make moves like this are Chayka but he is somewhat in a bind due to the financial constraints of the team. MTL on the other hand with their deep pockets and cap space could really improve themselves and help other teams out in the process.

Répondre
            To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
            Question:
            Options:
            Ajouter une option
            Soumettre le sondage