Forums/Armchair-GM

More ideas for a Kane contract

Créé par: LikeABoss
Équipe: 2024-25 Red Wings de Detroit
Date de création initiale: 17 avr. 2024
Publié: 26 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
They could probably sign Kane for a long term deal and trade him to Chicago towards the end of the contract. A longer term deal would give more opportunities to use him for LTIR space at the TDL. I think $7M x 3 is doable, but a bit much. You can have your cake and eat it too if you're able to sign him at a lower cap hit and trade him for the additional year or 2 of term.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
88 500 000 $
87 900 000 $
22 000 000 $
1850 000 $
1950 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
56 000 000 $
21 500 000 $
Transactions
SJS
  1. Holl, Justin
  2. Wallinder, William
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (DET)
DET
  1. Gudas, Radko (2 000 000 $ retained)
  2. Zegras, Trevor
ANA
  1. Berggren, Jonatan
  2. Fabbri, Robby
  3. Määttä, Olli
  4. Walman, Jake
  5. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (DET)
  6. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (DET)
DET
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2026 (CHI)
Détails additionnels:
Trade him in year 3 or 4 of the deal to Chicago when they should start to compete for playoffs, maybe retain on him
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de DET
Logo de DAL
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de NJD
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de BOS
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de STL
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de CHI
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2287 500 000 $81 038 473 $0 $1 907 500 $6 461 527 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 7
7 900 000 $7 900 000 $
AD, AG
RFA
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
5 100 000 $5 100 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 4
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
RFA
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
C, AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
878 333 $878 333 $
AG, C
RFA - 1
918 333 $918 333 $ (Bonis de performance1 000 000 $$1M)
C
RFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA
859 167 $859 167 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
AG
RFA - 1
905 833 $905 833 $
AG
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
RFA - 2
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
DD
RFA
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
G
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
DG
RFA
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
26 avr. à 21 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Kens replacement
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 63
Quoting: Lancebmx
Neither of those players from Philly we should target, our team isn't good enough to go big game hunting. Trading top prospects/ picks will shorten our window, which hasn't even been opened yet. I could maybe see a world where Risto is a target for cheap with a bit of retention but he's not that good.
I have no issue with Ferraro but Wallinder could be better than him by the end of next season. I do like how physical and defensive play though. I do believe we need to be more physical and better defensively.
Can't just LTIR a guy if he isn't hurt and he'll want to play if he can. I'm pretty sure he would be okay with a shorter term deal, he knows his situation.
This team is really frustrating as a fan. Rebuilds take so long and this one is no exception. If we start trading picks and prospects for aging players, we will never be a contender and just be doomed as a borderline playoff team.

I just mentioned the Philly thing to say 2 firsts seems like a fair starting place for a Zegras deal. As for the Kane thing, only he can decide when to pull the plug, but I'm sure there's some "coaching" from the guys with medical PhDs. Either way he's not making his condition better by playing more games...

I'm not even suggesting fowl play, just that Kane is a smart hockey guy, and probably understands the rules that the NHL general managers have to follow. Maybe you could say he's more concerned about the letters on the back of his sweater than the logo on the front, but he's certainly a smart guy and he knows how the salary cap rules work.
26 avr. à 21 h 17
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 598
Wallinser was nasty in the SHL but wasn’t good in the US, feel like we would want one more piece because of Holl
LikeABoss a aimé ceci.
26 avr. à 21 h 21
Rejoint: avr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 285
Quoting: Letsgosharks
Wallinser was nasty in the SHL but wasn’t good in the US, feel like we would want one more piece because of Holl

Forget that a transition period to smaller ice is normal for foreign players...

Detroit doesn't even touch the initial trade. Ferraro isn't needed as a LHD, and Holl's buyout is cake.

ACGM got high on crack before proposing this ****. Man gave a five year deal to 36 year old, resurfaced hip Patrick Kane.
26 avr. à 21 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Kens replacement
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 63
Quoting: Lancebmx
The contract negotiations aren't a reason why he would be traded. Verbeek basically said he wants Zegras to be a better player away from the puck. Zegras mentioned that he is working on that. Once he improves there, he will likely get a big long term extension when this contract is up.
Yzerman, like Verbeek since they are buddies, likes two way players. That's why he drafted Danielson and Kasper.
Chicago got 7th overall plus more for Debrincat. Just "two first round picks" is not the same.

I'll certainly need to delete this post if (WHEN!) Detroit wins the draft lottery and moves up to 5th... awesome face

I think it's closer than you think though, I think the value of 15 and 32 is ~7th overall, and it just goes up from there in value, if you wrongly assume Detroit doesn't win the cup next season.
26 avr. à 23 h 54
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 598
Quoting: DanielSan92
Forget that a transition period to smaller ice is normal for foreign players...

Detroit doesn't even touch the initial trade. Ferraro isn't needed as a LHD, and Holl's buyout is cake.

ACGM got high on crack before proposing this ****. Man gave a five year deal to 36 year old, resurfaced hip Patrick Kane.

idk man, ferraro is far and above our best dman, I'm honestly curious to see how he would do on a good team, but I get it
27 avr. à 0 h 3
Rejoint: avr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 285
Quoting: Letsgosharks
idk man, ferraro is far and above our best dman, I'm honestly curious to see how he would do on a good team, but I get it

It’s not really an indictment of him as a player, but right now we’re currently sitting on:

Walman
Edvinsson
Chiarot
Maatta
Johansson

As LHD right now. Johansson won’t be waiver exempt next year, so he and Maatta probably fight for the last spot and Chiarot probably gets thrown to the right side.
27 avr. à 0 h 40
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,865
Quoting: LikeABoss
I think there are potentially more reasons to trade him that you want to consider, but that's more of a mental block than a real reason to not trade him. I'd say his contentious contract negotiations is at least 1 reason...

I get all your stuff about Gudas, I figured every player you got was younger than Gudas, and on an expiring deal except Walman who has the same term as Gudas left. They can all be flipped for probably more than Gudas with retention, but since you guys expect to make the playoffs next season I can see why that wouldn't have much value... I look forward to the Ducks getting an additional 32+ points next season!

Anything reported about Yzerman's thoughts on a player is probably a lie unless you have a direct quote to reference or video of him saying it. He's kind of known for running a very tight ship.

Again 2 first round picks seems like more than what Chicago got for DeBrincat. That's a real trade that happened. I think your hypothetical about Seider doesn't help your argument, because while I'd certainly entertain ANA's next 2 first round picks for Seider, along with whatever you want to throw in, I'd have to do a bit more digging to see who's in this year's draft and next year's. Granted the main reason is ANA's next 2 1st round picks are quite a bit more valuable than Detroit's

Come on we can’t still be pushing this. I just named 10 completely valid reasons for you without thinking about it for you. This is just not happening. Half these counter arguments don’t even stand on their own legs. Just touching on the first 2:

Who cares that the last contract took a bit longer to land? He ends under team control as an RFA, and not for 2 more years. Nylander’s much longer negotiation seems to have aged juuuust fine.. every quote from the player, coaches, and management have been super positive

Age isn’t the only factor at all. This is a bunch of spare parts who will fill absolutely no need on this team for 2 guys we need badly. We have an excess of 3 NHL-ready LHD already, 2 of these pieces might as well just walk. If you laid out every single one of these assets and said pick the 2 ANA needs the most, without question it’s Zegras and Gudas 😂, and that’s not at all a hot take

Btw PHI went from exactly where we are now to fringe playoffs in 2 seasons with far fewer elite young players. Is next season a stretch? Yeah absolutely it is. But good for the GM to be ambitious. It doesn’t change the fact that it’s the direction that the man calling the shots on trades wants to go. Meaning a draft pick return mixed with whatever you want to call the rest of those guys is just silly
27 avr. à 7 h 6
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,003
If CHI has an established core and leadership group at that point, are ready to contend, and Kane is still playing well enough, sure, I don't see why they don't bring him back with retention to help the team and let a CHI legend finish his career with CHI. But that is a lot of "IF's".

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage