Forums/Armchair-GM

More ReTool

Créé par: A_K
Équipe: 2024-25 Blues de St-Louis
Date de création initiale: 18 avr. 2024
Publié: 18 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
How bout more retooling and building, but they get some reclamation projects to work out this time... who would you take a flyer on?

Bonus hot take, purely optional - trade Binner while his value is high (remember goalies aren't getting massive returns) and that way the retool actually might get a high draft pick.

If they moved up, who are you taking at 10?

If playoffs are out of reach, gotta imagine Buchy gets moved this time around :/ Bright side it would open the door for Dvorsky to finish the year with the big club in a bigger role.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1800 000 $
1800 000 $
1800 000 $
1800 000 $
21 250 000 $
1800 000 $
1900 000 $
21 400 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
11 250 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Buchnevich, Pavel before TDL
15 800 000 $
Transactions
STL
  1. Kaliyev, Arthur [Droits de RFA]
LAK
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (STL)
Détails additionnels:
pick becomes 2025 2nd if Kaliyev scores 20+ goals in 2024-25
STL
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (NJD)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (NJD)
Détails additionnels:
draft floor trade; per PuckPedia #10 and #75 swapped for #16 leaves a surplus equal to pick #28
NJD
  1. Binnington, Jordan
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (STL)
STL
  1. Akey, Beau
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (EDM)
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
2025 TDL move
EDM
  1. Buchnevich, Pavel (2 900 000 $ retained)
STL
  1. Joseph, Pierre-Olivier [Droits de RFA]
PIT
  1. Leddy, Nick (2 000 000 $ retained)
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2025 (STL)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NJD
Logo de STL
Logo de TOR
Logo de STL
Logo de NYR
Logo de NJD
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de NYI
Logo de STL
Logo de EDM
Logo de STL
Logo de EDM
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2287 700 000 $74 220 595 $0 $412 500 $13 479 405 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance412 500 $$412K)
AG
RFA - 2
8 125 000 $8 125 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 7
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 4
835 833 $835 833 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Buchnevich, Pavel before TDL
5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
8 125 000 $8 125 000 $
AD
UFA - 7
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 2
3 571 429 $3 571 429 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
RFA
775 000 $775 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 3
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 6
775 000 $775 000 $
G
RFA - 1
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG
RFA
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 3
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
G
UFA
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG
RFA
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
800 000 $800 000 $
C
RFA
800 000 $800 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 avr. à 12 h 14
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,421
If our direction is to be worse next season than this I don't dislike any of the moves aside from the Leddy to Pittsburgh move.

However, as exciting as it is picking 10th vs 16th, I don't think it makes all too much of a difference once you look 5 years down the road. Don't get me wrong I would love for the Blues to trade up, but I don't think we're at the point where we can trade Binnington and not crumble. We may not make playoffs again next year, but after this year you have to expect the expectation would be to do so from the front office and from the players alone. Culture and belief in being able to win isn't something that's really too popular on here because you can't quantify it and compare. But I'd venture to guess if we made 2 or 3 moves to sell off pieces and finished towards the bottom of the league next year it would be crippling to the young core that we're building right now.
buffdaddy a aimé ceci.
18 avr. à 12 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,333
Quoting: AC14
If our direction is to be worse next season than this I don't dislike any of the moves aside from the Leddy to Pittsburgh move.

However, as exciting as it is picking 10th vs 16th, I don't think it makes all too much of a difference once you look 5 years down the road. Don't get me wrong I would love for the Blues to trade up, but I don't think we're at the point where we can trade Binnington and not crumble. We may not make playoffs again next year, but after this year you have to expect the expectation would be to do so from the front office and from the players alone. Culture and belief in being able to win isn't something that's really too popular on here because you can't quantify it and compare. But I'd venture to guess if we made 2 or 3 moves to sell off pieces and finished towards the bottom of the league next year it would be crippling to the young core that we're building right now.

To be honest there's so many different things going on with this team right now that I can't tell what direction is the right way to go. Hopefully Doug chooses one.

By my assessment though, rougher goaltending would've made this season the low-water mark. Now that might still happen this-coming year - with or without a Binner/Hofer combo (goaltending can be fickle). As exciting and promising as some of the younger guys are, they're not all here yet. And the veterans are just getting another year older, slower, etc. Wouldn't be the worst thing to be patient for another year and try to make some low-risk, high-reward moves to set up for the future.
18 avr. à 12 h 25
buffdaddy8
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 81

Well said. Couldn't agree more.
18 avr. à 12 h 27
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,178
I would not pay a 1st for Binnington at 6 mill
18 avr. à 12 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: buffdaddy
Well said. Couldn't agree more.

Counterpoint: Binner has 3 years left. How many of those years will this team be cup contenders? if trading guys from a non-playoff team that aren't necessarily a part of the next cup window is damaging to the culture and belief of the hockey team, that just means we don't have a strong enough future core. It's a business, if a guy has trade value and trading him can help down the road, the guys that are still here are going to have to cope.
18 avr. à 13 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: dgibb10
I would not pay a 1st for Binnington at 6 mill

How would you go about fixing the goaltending? I don’t think Allen is the answer, he’s a good backup or 1B.
18 avr. à 13 h 17
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,178
Quoting: A_K
How would you go about fixing the goaltending? I don’t think Allen is the answer, he’s a good backup or 1B.

Ullmark would be my priority.

But if the goalie market is overpriced I'd rather focus on building the bottom 6 and Dcore.

I'd rather use that 1st and 6 mill to get a great LHD.
A_K a aimé ceci.
18 avr. à 13 h 18
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,421
Quoting: A_K
To be honest there's so many different things going on with this team right now that I can't tell what direction is the right way to go. Hopefully Doug chooses one.

By my assessment though, rougher goaltending would've made this season the low-water mark. Now that might still happen this-coming year - with or without a Binner/Hofer combo (goaltending can be fickle). As exciting and promising as some of the younger guys are, they're not all here yet. And the veterans are just getting another year older, slower, etc. Wouldn't be the worst thing to be patient for another year and try to make some low-risk, high-reward moves to set up for the future.

I’m more concerned about the Kyrou and Thomas iteration of the core. I’d consider those two and Parayko the core currently.

I think the most beneficial thing we could do would be to add a solid defenseman in the 24-27 age range. However in order to do that, we’re going to have to cut bait with either Krug or Faulk which I don’t think is a huge deal.

Ultimately I think the plan will be to middle out like this while contracts expire and then once they do make a large splash with a UFA defenseman if we can’t find one before. The issue with that is it’s rare those higher end caliber defenseman hit UFA status, because as we can all see, when you let one go you create a massive problem trying to stop gap or piece together the hole that’s left behind.

It’s definitely not a perfect plan, but there really is no perfect plan. I’d imagine we try and find a way to address a 2nd line center and move out a defenseman in hopes of adding another that can profile to be more of a two-way guy than we currently have.

I’d be shocked if our first pick in this draft was a forward, but there’s certainly an avenue where that could happen.

Truthfully I know it’s very unlikely, but I would move our 1st if we could get a guy like Harley out of Dallas.
A_K a aimé ceci.
18 avr. à 13 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
I’m more concerned about the Kyrou and Thomas iteration of the core. I’d consider those two and Parayko the core currently.

I think the most beneficial thing we could do would be to add a solid defenseman in the 24-27 age range. However in order to do that, we’re going to have to cut bait with either Krug or Faulk which I don’t think is a huge deal.

Ultimately I think the plan will be to middle out like this while contracts expire and then once they do make a large splash with a UFA defenseman if we can’t find one before. The issue with that is it’s rare those higher end caliber defenseman hit UFA status, because as we can all see, when you let one go you create a massive problem trying to stop gap or piece together the hole that’s left behind.

It’s definitely not a perfect plan, but there really is no perfect plan. I’d imagine we try and find a way to address a 2nd line center and move out a defenseman in hopes of adding another that can profile to be more of a two-way guy than we currently have.

I’d be shocked if our first pick in this draft was a forward, but there’s certainly an avenue where that could happen.

Truthfully I know it’s very unlikely, but I would move our 1st if we could get a guy like Harley out of Dallas.

Large UFA splash like shea Theodore next summer would be amazing altho Vegas has done the tough moves to keep guys around in the past so I won’t hold my breath.
19 avr. à 2 h 54
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 379
you stuck with Leddy, that's no improvement for the penguins blue line.
While I don't like POJ, I'd rather swap him for another young player on another team than needs a change of scene.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage