SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Top 40 Rankings with explanations

Top 40 Rankings with explanations

Cuvée de repêchage: 2024
Créé par: Z0ra
Publié: 17 avr. à 20 h 44
Description
This is NOT a mock, just player rankings.

Tier 1: 1
Tier 2: 2-3
Tier 3: 4-10
Tier 4: 11- 20
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Sharks de San Jose-This one has become obvious, Celebrini despite being one of the younger NCAA products, was extremely noticeable in all Frozen Four games. Earlier I wasn't a fan of his defensive game, but I did see that Celebrini was able to make a lot of solid defensive stops, making for a all-around player rather than goal-scorer. By far, Celebrini is a lock for first overall and belongs in his own tier. Sidney Crosby type player in my eyes: mostly provides skill offensively but can also buy in defensively at times.
2Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-I nearly went Demidov ahead of Levshunov, but I feel like because of the Russian factor, teams will have their eyes on Levshunov more than both Demidov and Silayev. In fact, there are already a couple of teams that are loving Levshunov. He's the kid I compare the most to Hampus Lindholm, big kid, booming shot, and dynamic offensive instincts. Levshunov can buy in defensively, but he tends to be overaggressive against the puck carrier, making it clear that he needs to work on his decision making. But I believe the shot is his best asset in his game. Levshunov can be a gamebreaker and a top pairing guy sooner rather than later. While the #1 position is set in stone, now its just a matter of who is the clear #2 in the draft? Levshunov leads the charge as of now, but that could change periodically.
3Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-This is where Demidov will go. This draft is loaded with defenders, but I feel like the very top of the draft is full of forwards. Demidov is the second-best forward in the draft, given his offensive numbers and skill, I see a lot of upside. I did have him at #1 beforehand, but defensively Demidov has been less noticeable than both Celebrini and Levshunov. Its there, but not as dynamic or flashy as the other two. Demidov is mainly a playmaker with the best 200-ft game in the draft. Can skate better than some people think as he needs little space to work the puck on his stick. Also he plays with speed. That's the reason why I see a lot of Nikolaj Ehlers in his game, the speed and the passing ability.
4Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Celebrini belongs in his own tier, then tier 2 would be Levshunov and Demidov, but tier 3 is wide open between six players. In this tier, I believe that Catton would be the best guy on the board. Catton is a similar player as Demidov, the big difference is that Catton doesn't use his strength and size as much as Demidov. The playmaking, speed, and offensive smarts are there, but Catton tends to stay far away from defenders and skate in the open area. All and all, Catton is a wizard with the puck, plays at a dominant level, and can commit to team defense.
5Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-The three things I value the most while ranking players are analytics, defense, and skating. Analytics alone, Eiserman belongs in this spot. He also plays with speed, but he's definitely not the most agile player out there. His best asset is clearly his shot, but he needs to improve his agility and commit to team defense. Offensively, he's creative as well. More of a Patrik Laine type player, Eiserman will take a few years to become an impactful player, but the wait will be worth it.
6Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-I think with Connelly, scouts and fans are overlooking the off-ice incidents. However, Connelly has owned up to his shortcomings and has even apologized for his actions. He's now dominating in the USHL but based off talent alone, he belongs at this spot. Connelly is the best skater in the draft and he can everything for you offensively. Super underappreciated player, ignore the off-ice issues, take him for the talent.
7Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-Between the 7-13th range is where most of the D will go. Out of all the defenders available at this point, Silayev is the best one. There is some risk involved in taking this player as Silayev is committed to Russia for at least 2 years. But there's tons of upside with picking Silayev, he has shown that he could become a #1 defender at the NHL level if the team is able to get the potential out of him rather than having the what-ifs haunt them forever. I see a lot of Mattias Ekholm in this kid, two-way defender with size and speed.
8Logo de Kraken de Seattle-I believe that Dickinson and Silayev are similar players, but while Silayev's offense has come through this season, Dickinson's offense is subpar outside his shot. Dickinson has one of the best shots in the draft, but everything else offensively is below average. But where he really shines is defensively, Dickinson is able to use his size well and be aggressive against the opposition. Skates very well considering his frame. Its just a matter of developing his offensive game, I see a lot of Noah Hanifin in him.
9Logo de Flames de Calgary-I see no scenario where Buium gets drafted outside the top 10, he's too dynamic of a player to fall outside that range. I see prime Kris Letang in him, two-way defender with insane offensive skill. Buium has pretty much everything a GM wants from a defender, however he does lack physicality in his game. But one of the more boomer players in the draft.
10Logo de Devils du New Jersey-Given Lindstrom's size and speed, its impossible to rank him outside the top 10. But he's at tenth given that there's so many defenders in this draft, and I value defenders more than forwards. Lindstrom is a big power forward that uses his size well and plays a speedy game. The injury concerns around him do worry me slightly, but whenever healthy, Lindstrom is a dominant and noticeable player, even with Gavin MacKenna on his line. He also needs to work on his puck handling as he tends to make weird passes to his opponents.
11Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Very bold take here, but I have Stiga at 11th! I value defense and skating the most while ranking players, I believe Stiga is the best defensive forward in the draft and also he's the second-best skater in the draft. Offensively Stiga is a wizard with the puck and he uses his speed well. However Stiga does lack athleticism in his game, which is weird for a guy that loves to play with power. All and all, super underrated prospect that has gotten little to no attention this season. Even with James Hagens on his line, he's looked noticeable.
12Logo de Wild du Minnesota-This is where Iginla gets ranked. He's a similar player to Stiga, except Iginla is a much worse skater. But Iginla still has the defensive game and ideally provides more offense than Stiga, its just skating that gives Stiga the clear edge. Also note that Iginla has the best bloodlines in the draft. Overall, Iginla is an excellent prospect, I could see teams reaching on him because of his dominant run at the end of the season.
13Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Penguins de PittsburghBoisvert has been great lately and is the biggest riser! But he has had a roller coaster of a season, some stretches he's looked like a top 5 prospect, then there are stretches where he looks like a mid first rounder. I have him in between, and to be exact I have him at 13th because I feel like whenever Boisvert is playing at his best, his game is similar to Stiga's and Iginla's. But he's below both of them because of inconsistency and versatility. Boisvert is a solid all-around forward with skill. Yes, he needs to be more consistent production wise, but I'm not a fan of his skating either. It will take a couple of years for Boisvert to make the NHL, but the wait will be worth it.
14Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-I have Parekh lower than most because of his inconsistency off the puck, but his offense is hard to ignore and is the prime reason why he's still in the top 15. Parekh has otherworldly offense, from the shot, puck movement, and skating. Defensively Parekh isn't like a Lukas Dragicevic, where the defense is non-existent, Parekh actually does position himself well during defensive situations. Just developing his defensive game outside the positioning is a must. All and all, excellent prospect, could be in the NHL sooner rather than later.
15Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-I won't go into too much detail here, Yakemchuk is a similar player to Parekh, the big differences are that Yakemchuk is bigger but not as strong of a skater than Parekh is. I value skating way more than size, which is why Parekh is higher up on my board. But Yakemchuk is still a solid defender, super skilled offensively but isn't afraid to throw the body around.
16Logo de Capitals de Washington-I have nothing against Helenius, I believe he's a really good player, he's been jumped by players with better second halves of their respective seasons. Helenius is a worse version of Catton, still has the same elite playmaking, but he tends to stay away from the middle lane of the ice, making it clear that Helenius needs to work on his agility. You can bet on him defensively as well, but agility and inconsistency are the two things that Helenius needs fixing on.
17Logo de Islanders de New York-Like Helenius, MBN was also jumped by other players. While Helenius is more of a playmaker, MBN is more of a power forward, similar of Brady Tkachuk. Can be bet upon in all situations, but provides physicality and offense.
18Logo de Blues de St-Louis-I was torn between Chernyshov and Greentree. I totally ignored the Russian factor here, and because of the upside, I went with Chernyshov here. Both are similar players, but Chernyshov has better skating and provides a well-rounded offensive game. Chernyshov's best asset is his size, the way he uses it is amazing. Plays with speed, slick hands, and an even better shot. Defensively Chernyshov is a liability, and though Chernyshov plays with speed, he definitely isn't agile by any means. But the upside is there, if a team can get the potential out of him, they have themselves a stud winger in the making.
19Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-Greentree is next on the list. Similar player to Chernyshov, but the differences are that Greentree is most consistent production wise, but has worse skating. Greentree is slow, making him a liability on the backcheck. Overall, his effort defensively is subpar. But the offense is there, Greentree has a booming shot and plays with slick hands. He's also very dangerous on the forecheck, which is strange for a player that needs to work on his skating. Mostly uses his size to get around defenders.
20Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayInjuries is what makes the most complete defender fall to #20 in the draft. Jiricek has had quite the season, in fact quite similar to his brother. A season with limited minutes in Czechia's top league, but midway has gotten injured which kept him out for the majority of the season. Adam's case is even worse, he's projected to be out for the rest of the season, whereas his brother actually got some playing time near the end. But whenever Adam Jiricek is healthy, he's a big kid with a booming shot, plays with great 4-way agility and solid defensive smarts. All and all, Jiricek is one of the better defenders in the draft, just getting healthy is a must.
21Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-Bednarik is an interesting prospect. One of the biggest risers, Bednarik has actually been better defensively than offensively as of late. He can make a lot of stops defensively by throwing the body around. Also one of the better penalty killers in the draft. Power play is quite the opposite, Bednarik hasn't gotten much success during the powerplay. His main downfall however is his selfishness with the puck. His shot power is not great and he barely goes for a shot on goal. This year Bednarik was more of a Rantanen-type player, now he's more Phillip Danault.
22Logo de Predators de Nashville-Smart two-way defender, similar to Pavel Mintyukov. Can do the right things defensively but offensively the shot power needs improvement.
23Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-At this point, Elick is more of a project than anything. His offensive upside isn't very high, I believe he will provide secondary scoring in the NHL. Developing his offense outside the puck control should be step one in his development process. But Elick is elite defensively in all areas. Also a really good skater. More of a Dylan DeMelo player.
24Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Oilers d'EdmontonBack to back projects. Emery is a similar player to Elick, but while Elick's offensive is somewhat noticeable, Emery's is UNNOTICEABLE. A non-option on the power play so there's not much versatility in your lineup with Emery. His shot isn't powerful and his puck handling isn't there either. More of a shutdown presences as Emery is very punishing physically and he's able to make a lot of difficult stops defensively. I see a lot of Nick Seeler in this kid.
25Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-Basha is a solid offensive threat whenever on the ice, from the playmaking to shot. Great skater as well but needs to work on his flashiness defensively. Some shifts he's unnoticeable without the puck. Also the production, could it be benefitted with players like McKenna and Lindstrom on his line?
26Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Jets de WinnipegArtamonov is a similar prospect to Basha, but the reason why Basha has the edge is because of skating. I don't like Artamonov's skating, but whenever he's on the ice he never takes a shift off.
27Logo de Flames de CalgaryLogo de Canucks de VancouverI see Parascak as this year's Gabe Perreault, though a bit rawer in terms of talent. High point producer who needs to improve his skating, but the playmaking, shot, and skill is there. Defensive play has a few question marks, Parascak doesn't play a physical game, he's more of a Tyler Toffoli type player at this point.
28Logo de Flyers de PhiladelphieLogo de Panthers de la FlorideHutson's defensive game has really improved, don't overlook the size, Hutson will be as good as his brother.
29Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Bruins de BostonThe injury concerns around Kiviharju and the bouncing around different leagues worry me, but teams should have learnt their lesson after Raty and Lambert.
30Logo de Stars de Dallas-The kid I compare most to Elias Lindholm, Hemming is the second-best defensive minded forward in the draft, with Stiga being above him. Can be bet upon offensively but needs to improve his puck control as Hemming tends to lose the puck often.
31Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-I would have Burrows ahead of Hemming given that he's a center and Hemming is a winger, but Burrows is a high schooler that has just transitioned to the USHL. Last year Nadeau was selected very high and broke through in the NCAA, I see a lot of potential in Burrows and him taking a similar path. Burrows is more of a two-way defender, whether or not he can stay consistent against higher competition is a giant question mark.
32Logo de Rangers de New York-Letourneau is another high schooler, but while Burrows is more of a two-way guy, Letourneau is more offensive. Mainly a power forward center, which is hard to find, Letourneau plays with size and skill. Whether or not he can stay consistent against higher competition is a question mark, but like Burrows, he already has a few games of USHL action under his belt.
RONDE 2ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
33Logo de Sharks de San Jose-Smart offensive threat that plays with size, but defensive effort and consistency needs improvement before his NHL debut.
34Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-I see a lot of David Pastrnak in Sennecke, pure goal-scorer with slick hands and solid skater.
35Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Sennecke and Ritchie are similar players, the big difference is that Ritchie is a worse skater. His first-step acceleration needs improvement affecting his success during the forecheck. More of a pass-first winger though.
36Logo de Flyers de PhiladelphieLogo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusRitchie and Caswell are, funny enough, the exact same type of player!
37Logo de Jets de WinnipegLogo de Canadiens de MontréalOlder brother of projected top 5 player Michael Misa in the 2025 Draft, Luke is a solid two-way center that is undersized, but can make simple plays.
38Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-Masse is a similar player to Misa. Bigger player but worse skater. Provides a sound two-way game and plays primarily on the wing. Reminds me of Geno Malkin.
39Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-The kid I compare most to Travis Konecny, Surin is a high riser in the draft and my dark horse for the first round. Offensive forward who plays with grit and has pass-first tendencies. Tends to take too many penalties.
40Logo de Kraken de Seattle-Beaudoin is the best puck protector in the draft, overall making for a power forward. Pretty much anyone from the 33-50's I see as a late first round grab, given his size, I feel like some teams would be more than willing to reach on this kid. Andrew Copp type player.
41Logo de Flames de Calgary-
42Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Devils du New Jersey
43Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-
44Logo de Penguins de PittsburghLogo de Flyers de Philadelphie
45Logo de Wild du Minnesota-
46Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-
47Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-
48Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Capitals de Washington
49Logo de Blues de St-Louis-
50Logo de Islanders de New York-
51Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-
52Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
53Logo de Capitals de WashingtonLogo de Golden Knights de Vegas
54Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Kings de Los Angeles
55Logo de Predators de Nashville-
56Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
57Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-
58Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Avalanche du Colorado
59Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Jets de Winnipeg
60Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Canucks de Vancouver
61Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Panthers de la Floride
62Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de Boston
63Logo de Flames de CalgaryLogo de Stars de Dallas
64Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-
65Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Rangers de New York
17 avr. à 22 h 51
Rejoint: janv. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 480
Thank you for taking your time with this. I appreciate posts like this.
Z0ra a aimé ceci.
17 avr. à 22 h 57
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,411
Always a good read, thanks for posting.

(Boisvert..like the ranking there...call me crazy, but the comp I keep seeing, stylistically, is Jaromir Jagr...similar wide base).
17 avr. à 23 h 59
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,509
I just realized Connely is listed at 155 pound and 6.1.

That is NOT the shape of a hockey player!

(also as always a good read, the effort you put is always appreciated and its nice to see how your board devellop trought time. i remember last year you were one of the first to predict the top 4 accurately.
Z0ra a aimé ceci.
18 avr. à 0 h 21
Démarrer sujet
power forward
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 609
Quoting: drambui
I just realized Connely is listed at 155 pound and 6.1.

That is NOT the shape of a hockey player!

(also as always a good read, the effort you put is always appreciated and its nice to see how your board devellop trought time. i remember last year you were one of the first to predict the top 4 accurately.

I always ignore size, as seen with Benson, DeBrincat, Caufield, it doesn't matter anymore.

As for 2023:

1. Bedard: It was obvious
2. Carlsson: A few days before the draft, it was said that Verbeek was high on Carlsson and Michkov and ignored Fantilli. Carlsson made the most sense.
3. Fantilli: Columbus was high on Will Smith, but you can't pass up on Fantilli's talent.
4. Smith: Smith has connections to Grier's son.
18 avr. à 0 h 22
Démarrer sujet
power forward
Quoting: StutzlesNumber1Fan
Thank you for taking your time with this. I appreciate posts like this.

Thank you!
18 avr. à 0 h 23
Démarrer sujet
power forward
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Always a good read, thanks for posting.

(Boisvert..like the ranking there...call me crazy, but the comp I keep seeing, stylistically, is Jaromir Jagr...similar wide base).

Thank you. I get the Jagr comp, but I see more Blake Wheeler.
18 avr. à 12 h 14
Demidov to MTL
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 168
I always appreciate your draft posts, always a great source of knowledge. Have you ever considered opening up a hockey blog? I can see you doing really well with that.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage