Forums/Armchair-GM

Youth Revelation V3

Créé par: Pens3lieve
Équipe: 2024-25 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 9 avr. 2024
Publié: 17 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
playing off my last post, we need desperately to get rid of the older players who are contributing nothing (carter, nieto, acciari, harkins) and i'd obviously like to move players like jarry, rakell, smith, graves but not sure who will be takers for those contracts...

i will try a couple versions of this, moving diff pieces...

---------Rules though first to limit moves and try to make things more realistic--------

-I can only move 1 of Rakell or Smith
-I can only move 1 of Jarry or Graves
-Every trade where i send out one of those 4 contracts must bring significant salary back
-Free agents can only be signed to 1-2 year deals, meaning i'll have to go for bounce-back candidates or lower tier players
-I can't move anyone with a full NMC (Sid, Geno, Letang, Karlsson, Rust)
-when possible, lean towards guys Dubas is familiar with
-limit of 4 trades

V1
-Resign a BIG UFA to a 1 yr, above market value deal for 1 last hurrah (Guentzel, Marchessault, Tarasenko, Tiffoli)
-Jarry gets moved out, blomqvist called up, 3 way goalie split to start to see who runs with it
-no one will touch the graves deal
-Smith is traded out west
-carolina does not make SC final, draft picks stay as is

_V2_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
-Elliotte Freidman speculating on 32 Thoughts that Necas may be moved. (side note-wow Carolina could look super different next year with all those UFAs)
-Necas trade based off Alex DeBrincat trade from OTT to DET
-Necas contract based off Brandon Hagel/Owen Tippet extension for a max term price point...
-Smith for Gourde trade was just a new idea, not sure if NTCs would allow it, but similar players, gourde less offensive production but he's a C, i'm still operating on the premise that Smith will be traded far out west
-Another Jarry trade because why not, i've never seen any post trade him to DET so let's see how it goes. DET has the #2 ranked prospect pool, so they can give up a couple mid-to-lower guys in their system and not miss them, plus dubas prefers prospects anyway. depending on the ranking system you look at, i got 3 guys somewhere between 7 and 18 in their system, which means they'd all probably be like 5-10 in our depleted system

and yet again
-carolina does not make SC final, draft picks stay as is
-no one will touch the graves deal

_V3_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

[[[SIDE-NOTE:(btw, why are some fans so feisty for no reason? like when i make a post for a roster player for prospects, i just select a few random guys. i'm not suggesting there is equal value bc we have no idea how front offices and scouts value guys, i'm more trying to see if there is a fit with a roster player going to that team. people majorly need to chill)]]]

ANOTHER DISCLAIMER AGAIN-I AM NOT A PROSPECT EXPERT! Trades of roster players for prospects are not because i necessarily think it's fair value, i'm trying to explore a fit for the player and team. period, end of story. also stop overvaluing your #10 or 15 prospect for buddhas sake...

In my previous 2 posts, both included jarry trades as there has been speculation Sullivan has soured on him, (straight games for Ned), this coming after multiple team reporters said in july that the penguins didn't even want to give him the longer contract he ended up getting, but that they didn't see another option at the time, i concur with that assessment. that being said, jarry did have a bounce-back season up until the entire team went in the toilet for 3 weeks surrounding the Jake Guentzel drama and subsequent trade. I do believe there is absolutely a market for him, and also that a change of scenery might be good. PIT is the only organization he's ever known, so maybe he needs some new voices in his ear to bring consistency into his game.

Graves has been a disappointment no doubt, but a large part of that is there not being a fit with either letang/karlsson, he's been fine on the third pair where he can try to move the puck and all that... he's just not quick or mobile enough to defend 2 on 1s all night as a result of a mistimed 58/65 pinch at the opposing blue line. so either we keep him as a third pairing guy or find a team that will bet on this season being an anomaly and that he will get back to his career norms.

(random thoughts on the wingers)
-Smith has the numbers that say his season has been fine and slightly below average, but the eye test and the body language have seemed off all year.
-rakell had his slumps but you do constantly see the effort, ultimately he goes as his line goes, a great 3rd piece of a line
-bunting is the zucker replacement the pens were looking for in smith. i won't say i predicted it, but i did have a post or two months ago, acquiring him from CAR, i believe one was for guentzel, so as soon as i heard CAR was in the JG sweepstakes, i assumed bunting would be the $ the pens would take back. he's has forced geno to play down low and grind and battle for pucks and rakell has joined right in, geno has to play with a guy like that or else he just plays on the perimeter.
-rusty is a warrior, if any of the big 3 ever get hurt, rust should be wearing an "A"... the dude actually takes responsibility for mistakes when talking to the media, and seemingly every year battles through multiple injuries and still scores at a 30+ goal rate.

Thought process on moves
-I can't imagine any teams taking graves unless they know the player, NJD lost him among others and struggled. not sure how NJD's D-core would shake out bringing graves back, or who they would send to PIT, i put seigenthaler for being the closest contract and position but who knows, genuinely don't care if PIT gets anything back, i just want to get rid of him as it's not been a fit at all.
-VGK are a crazy team, like genuinely the wildest team in the league. they have pulled off more blockbuster trades and signing than any other team since VGK became a team. period. you would assume with Hertl's contract and a presumed Hanafin extension a couple guys are going to have to be let go. not sure who, i know stephenson is a FA, maybe they move Roy and go with cheaper bottom-6 option idk. i know this move may be unrealistic as not sure they would even have room to bring smith back, but i haven't done it yet so who knows.
-Samsonov has had an up and down year for TOR and Woll has been injury prone, i bet they go with woll and someone else. Ludvig brings snarl and stability on the blue line, and i believe gruden's dad works for TML so why not. (yes i am aware this move violated my own rule bc i moved jarry and graves in the same post)
-there have been rumours around ARI for a couple years about Vejmelka getting moved, and hes had a horrendous year, per my rules i only had 4 trades to work with, so i had to dump my 2 vets and give 2 prospects and a 2nd. prob need to give up more here...
-full disclosure, i did all of the above then noticed i had a ton of cap room so just for fun i added jake on a 1 year last hurrah deal
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2775 000 $
2775 000 $
2775 000 $
2775 000 $
2850 000 $
2850 000 $
2850 000 $
2950 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
22 750 000 $
1775 000 $
110 000 000 $
Transactions
PIT
  1. Siegenthaler, Jonas
Détails additionnels:
+ a D or an equivalent player for $ reasons
Assuming NJD would send a D back... would it be Seigenthaler or Bahl? i used Seig as a point of reference but whatever is fine idc
NJD
  1. Graves, Ryan
Détails additionnels:
a pick if needed to balance it out...
PIT
  1. Roy, Nicolas
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2025 (VGK)
VGK
  1. Smith, Reilly (2 000 000 $ retained)
PIT
  1. Järnkrok, Calle
  2. Robertson, Nicholas [Droits de RFA]
  3. Tverberg, Ryan
  4. Choix de 5e ronde en 2024 (CGY)
Détails additionnels:
Jarnkrok is only for $
PIT
  1. Vejmelka, Karel
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (SJS)
  3. Choix de 6e ronde en 2024 (ARI)
ARI
  1. Acciari, Noel
  2. Nieto, Matt
  3. Poulin, Samuel
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (PIT)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PHI
Logo de PIT
Logo de SJS
Logo de CGY
Logo de PIT
Logo de ARI
Logo de PIT
Logo de NYR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de VGK
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de SJS
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2387 500 000 $87 341 009 $0 $57 500 $158 991 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
950 000 $950 000 $
AG, AD
RFA
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
850 000 $850 000 $
AD, AG
UFA
2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
850 000 $850 000 $
DG
RFA
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
G
UFA
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
2 725 000 $2 725 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
775 000 $775 000 $
DD
RFA
886 667 $886 667 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
G
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
850 000 $850 000 $
AD, AG
RFA
800 000 $800 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
775 000 $775 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DG
UFA
795 000 $795 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance20 000 $$20K)
C
RFA - 1
918 333 $918 333 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance250 000 $$250K)
DG
RFA - 2
805 833 $805 833 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AD
RFA - 2
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
851 667 $851 667 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AD, C
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
17 avr. à 13 h 18
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 121
Hilariously bad trade for Vegas and even more hilariously bad logic to the trade. Trade Roy for a cheaper option? You sent back a player with the exact same aav but with 2 fewer years of term and 6 years older. Sheesh
VGKNation702 a aimé ceci.
17 avr. à 13 h 22
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,254
Devils give a HARD no.... We simply do NOT want Graves back. All yours.
17 avr. à 14 h 9
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 368
NJ fans seem pretty high on Seigenthaler they won't do that.
There is nothing and I mean nothing I want in either the TOR or AZ trade.
Especially the AZ trade, they don't need a goalie and they aren't paying all that to move Acciari, just a horrible trade for the penguins.
Jake is also not signing a 1 year deal, he'll be signing 7 years somewhere probably. Good luck to anyone who wants to do that.

A lot of this is blocking paths for younger players that the penguins don't need to be doing.
They need to bring their younger players in house and give them shots at this point. Pickering, Yager, Broz, Lee, tKoivunen, Ponomarev.
They need to see if these guys can fill a hole
17 avr. à 17 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,492
Quoting: SmoothMcCrimmonal
Hilariously bad trade for Vegas and even more hilariously bad logic to the trade. Trade Roy for a cheaper option? You sent back a player with the exact same aav but with 2 fewer years of term and 6 years older. Sheesh

i acknowledged that in my description, same aav but a better player, i was just going off the rumours around Smith, if you saw all my consecutive posts in this series it would make more sense... just picking a diff team out west each time randomly...
17 avr. à 17 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
Quoting: NJDevils1317
Devils give a HARD no.... We simply do NOT want Graves back. All yours.

we'll call colorado then lol tears of joy
17 avr. à 17 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
NJ fans seem pretty high on Seigenthaler they won't do that.
There is nothing and I mean nothing I want in either the TOR or AZ trade.
Especially the AZ trade, they don't need a goalie and they aren't paying all that to move Acciari, just a horrible trade for the penguins.
Jake is also not signing a 1 year deal, he'll be signing 7 years somewhere probably. Good luck to anyone who wants to do that.

A lot of this is blocking paths for younger players that the penguins don't need to be doing.
They need to bring their younger players in house and give them shots at this point. Pickering, Yager, Broz, Lee, tKoivunen, Ponomarev.
They need to see if these guys can fill a hole

i basically said seig was just to have $ coming back and fill a hole...
just trying out new ideas, lol i feel like i addresses all this in my description...
i just get sick of seeing the same old garbage posted here lol...
17 avr. à 19 h 13
VGKNation702
Mentions "j'aime": 1,626
Quoting: SmoothMcCrimmonal

Don’t forget PAYING a 4th to do it lol

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage