nothin crazy

Créé par: jeremyttowne
Équipe: 2024-25 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 15 avr. 2024
Publié: 15 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
TRADES:

I really like this Carolina team. I certainly think they can make the Cup Final. You're welcome for Jake Guentzel. Thank you for Michael Bunting.

I think Lizotte can bring so much to this bottom six. He can play the wing or center position. He just adds a spark and can chip in offensively without being a liability in his own end. I like what he brings on the penalty kill. He can certainly keep the kill as a top 10 unit in the league. Bonus, he's young. Not sure what the cost is, and I can understand if LA would prefer to extend him, but I just really like his game.

In most of my ACGM's, I tend to keep Graves. I recognize that his contract is essentially horrendous, but I really try to be optimistic about his potential. I'm not opposed to him staying in Pittsburgh, but I think the Penguins could work something out with Arizona/Salt Lake City. All of their current defensemen are on expiring contracts, his 5 year deal would give them one less guy to negotiate with. He could bring a veteran presence which would be much needed for a team that hasn't really had a true home recently.

We all know Reilly Smith doesn't fit on this team. For a long time he has looked like he doesn't want to be here. I think that narrative may be starting to change, but not entirely. I'm not sure he would want to go to Ottawa, but it's just a few hours from his hometown. I think they were one of the teams in on him at the deadline (not entirely sure). Pittsburgh retains 50% in this scenario to sweeten the deal.

UFA SIGNINGS:

I have really liked Ryan Shea's game recently. Him and St. Ivany have very good chemistry and they seem to compliment each other well. I think he is a better option than Ludvig or Joseph for that matter. I think the coaching staff and management like POJ. He plays best with Letang, but he's just not a first pairing type guy.

Michael Amadio's play has gone under the radar. Lots of firepower in Vegas so I can understand how he can be overlooked. But, I think he can bring some scoring to the bottom six, in particular the third line. Not sure what his price would be because he currently makes league minimum. Let me know how much you think he would cost in the comments.

I don't think much needs to be said about Ned. He's starting his 12th consecutive game tonight. His play has dwindled recently, but he should still be the top priority for Dubas this offseason. I think it's a no-brainer. He might get more on the open market, but he seems to want to stay in Pittsburgh, and we want him. I can see a world where Jarry gets traded and Blomqvist gets a roster spot next year. We shall see.

Chandler Stephenson is a Mike Sullivan type of player. He can play up and down the lineup, on the wing or at center. Just has an incredible battle level and could seriously bring so much to this team. He plays so well on both sides of the puck and brings some physicality. Like Amadio, I don't think Vegas has the money to resign him. I think they're going to target Marchessault.

I don't know much about Brady Skjei to be honest. I do know he's a big, fast defenseman who can eat minutes like nothing. He has career highs in assists and points this year. I'm not sure that Carolina will like to resign him. Likely too expensive for them and I think they'd rather spend money on a Guentzel and/or Necas extension.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
2850 000 $
42 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
1775 000 $
22 250 000 $
32 500 000 $
45 500 000 $
56 000 000 $
Transactions
PIT
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (CAR)
CAR
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (PHI)
PIT
  1. Lizotte, Blake [Droits de RFA]
LAK
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2025 (PIT)
PIT
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2025 (ARI)
PIT
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (FLA)
OTT
  1. Smith, Reilly (2 500 000 $ retained)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CAR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de NYR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de FLA
Logo de ARI
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de SJS
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2287 700 000 $87 649 342 $0 $20 000 $50 658 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
C
UFA - 1
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
RFA
795 000 $795 000 $ (Bonis de performance20 000 $$20K)
C
RFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DG
UFA
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
5 375 000 $5 375 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 3
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
G
UFA
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
UFA
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
RFA
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
DG
RFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
15 avr. à 21 h 11
RIP Yotes
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 51
Kings say no, could have grundstrom for that
15 avr. à 22 h 31
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,507
Ottawa definitely does that.
jeremyttowne a aimé ceci.
15 avr. à 22 h 44
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 379
they could have moved smith this year if they were willing to retain....they weren't.
Don't see how that changes until next TDL.

They also aren't moving Graves. 5v5 Ice time vs goals bled he is miles ahead of every other defender they have. It's also really hard to see this team drop another 6 million on their Defense. They do need a legit 1LD though but I'm not sure Skjei is that guy. Looks like another attempt to put a 2LD in a 1LD spot but over paying to do it. Lot of money to do that here.
16 avr. à 3 h 51
Rejoint: janv. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 41
I can understand why you like Lizottes game, he brings a lot to the Kings and his game is much appreciated.
I would be surprised, if the Kings would not extend him. They gotta find these +/- $2,000,000 to keep him, at best long term.
Anyways, a 4th rounder is definitely not enough for him.
jeremyttowne a aimé ceci.
16 avr. à 9 h 47
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,018
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
they could have moved smith this year if they were willing to retain....they weren't.

They also aren't moving Graves. 5v5 Ice time vs goals bled he is miles ahead of every other defender they have. It's also really hard to see this team drop another 6 million on their Defense. They do need a legit 1LD though but I'm not sure Skjei is that guy. Looks like another attempt to put a 2LD in a 1LD spot but over paying to do it. Lot of money to do that here.

They aren't moving Graves I agree - but it's because he's had a bad season and nobody wants to touch that contract

They have a legit 1LD
16 avr. à 13 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 8
Quoting: CooleyforCalder
Kings say no, could have grundstrom for that

Could Grundstrom go for a fifth?
16 avr. à 13 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 8
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck

I think Dubas is more willing to swallow $2,500,000 on Smith's contract for only a year, as opposed to a year and a half. I also think he recognized if he were to get rid of both Guentzel and Smith it would have entirely blown out the LW spot in the top 6, and significantly decreased their playoff chances. It's possible Dubas thought getting rid of Guentzel would increase Smith's role and in turn ramp up his production.

To be honest, Pettersson/Karlsson seems to be the top pairing. If you want my opinion, Letang maintains the "top pairing" role because of his history with the team. But it's evident that his and Karl's ice time is nearly identical, and Pettersson's ice time is significantly greater than Joseph's. So, adding Skjei doesn't necessarily mean he and Letang will be the top pairing. All and all, the role of "top pairing" is insignificant in this scenario.
16 avr. à 14 h 15
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 379
Quoting: jeremyttowne
I think Dubas is more willing to swallow $2,500,000 on Smith's contract for only a year, as opposed to a year and a half. I also think he recognized if he were to get rid of both Guentzel and Smith it would have entirely blown out the LW spot in the top 6, and significantly decreased their playoff chances. It's possible Dubas thought getting rid of Guentzel would increase Smith's role and in turn ramp up his production.

To be honest, Pettersson/Karlsson seems to be the top pairing. If you want my opinion, Letang maintains the "top pairing" role because of his history with the team. But it's evident that his and Karl's ice time is nearly identical, and Pettersson's ice time is significantly greater than Joseph's. So, adding Skjei doesn't necessarily mean he and Letang will be the top pairing. All and all, the role of "top pairing" is insignificant in this scenario.

Don't get me wrong. I would gladly retain on Smith to move him at this point. I don't think Dubas was ready to do that. I don't think he was worried about playoffs.
I don't know that he's ready to swallow that cap hit. But that all depends on what else he can bring in to play LW.

As far as top pair it depends how you define it. The pens current top 4 is not how people typically list a top 4. This is due to use. Graves spends most his time in the Dzone. His partner switches depending availability. It will never be EK. EK has no business in the Dzone and he gets the most starts of all defenders in the Ozone because of that.
If letang shifted prior, he can't double shift. So he gets the 3RD. If Letang did not shift prior.. he gets letang.

EK and Pettersson, are almost always shifted.... and typically in the Ozone.

You don't really fix the defensive problems here because you aren't solving the structural issues on the penguins. The 3rd pair here is still garbage and can not be trusted.
Shea and Ivvany are liabilities. They will be eaten alive, typically by the other teams top line starting in the our Dzone. You just can't have that. So you will get the same issues.

I want to be clear here. A top pairing can play both sides of the ice equally, or at least not a liability in any one zone. MP-EK is not a top pairing. MP is a 2LD, and EK can not play his own zone. They will never be a "shut down" pair, like a legit top pairing.
Letang is better defensively than EK, but still prone to mistakes. I'm not sure Skjei can be a shut down defender, he isn't that guy in CAR.
But either way, that pairing will be split up, because the 3rd pairing doesn't work, and they will have to find solutions by mixing and matching those pairings.

All fixes to this defense start with the 3rd pairing, no matter if it's Graves or anyone else you bring in. The 3rd pairing just doesn't function well and it's dragging the team down.
16 avr. à 17 h 25
RIP Yotes
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 51
Quoting: jeremyttowne
Could Grundstrom go for a fifth?

4th

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option