Forums/Armchair-GM

If Doug didnt panic after the cup

Créé par: aldore
Équipe: 2023-24 Blues de St-Louis
Date de création initiale: 15 avr. 2024
Publié: 15 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
We couldn’t fathom the idea of giving the youth a real chance. So we brought in a bunch of veterans

Trading guys for the players who we essentially replaced with them, not the teams we got them. Basically I’m looking at if we held tight and didn’t do the bad trades and FA signings

Still do the buch trade cause best thing doug has done since the cup. The prospects below these guys would be a little different. Probably wouldn’t have dvosky, stenberg, or lindstein cause we wouldn’t have finished 10 and wouldn’t have sold at the deadline.

But still, this team would be legit contenders and would have a fairly bright future with their mix of veterans and young guys
Transactions
STL
    Don’t sign saad for cap reasons and believing in talent within the organization
    Enfoui
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de STL
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2383 500 000 $83 247 083 $20 000 $432 500 $252 917 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Blues de St-Louis
    835 833 $835 833 $
    AG, AD
    RFA - 2
    8 125 000 $8 125 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 8
    8 125 000 $8 125 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 8
    5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
    AG, AD, C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Logo de Predators de Nashville
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    C
    UFA - 4
    Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
    4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
    AD, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
    AG
    RFA - 3
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    C, AG
    NTC
    UFA - 5
    775 000 $775 000 $
    AD, C
    UFA - 1
    775 000 $775 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    816 667 $816 667 $
    C
    RFA - 1
    1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
    AG, AD
    RFA - 2
    852 500 $852 500 $ (Bonis de performance32 500 $$32K)
    C
    RFA - 3
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    Logo de Kraken de Seattle
    7 350 000 $7 350 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 4
    Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
    8 800 000 $8 800 000 $
    DD
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    G
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
    3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    DD
    NTC
    UFA - 7
    775 000 $775 000 $
    G
    RFA - 2
    Logo de Panthers de la Floride
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 3
    883 750 $883 750 $
    DD
    RFA - 1
    800 000 $800 000 $
    DG/DD
    RFA - 2
    775 000 $775 000 $
    DG
    RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    15 avr. à 13 h 50
    Rejoint: févr. 2024
    Mentions "j'aime": 63
    Dunn was never doing to be as good as he is now if he stayed in stl and the same is probably true for walman and Mikkola.
    15 avr. à 13 h 53
    Rejoint: févr. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,513
    pietrangelo wanted to leave. Dunn was gone trough expantion draft, you would have lost a dman either way.

I guess you could have resigned o'reilly. not sure if he wanted to, but you traded him to have more youth too.
    15 avr. à 14 h 30
    Good Opinion Haver
    Rejoint: juin 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 939
    Quoting: drambui
    pietrangelo wanted to leave. Dunn was gone trough expantion draft, you would have lost a dman either way.

I guess you could have resigned o'reilly. not sure if he wanted to, but you traded him to have more youth too.

The only time Pietrangelo ever anything remotely resembling that he "wanted" to leave was in the quotes right after he signed with Vegas where was like "yeah when I didn't have a contract four weeks before UFA I began to like the idea of leaving". They had OVER a year to give him another contract before then (extra time they uniquely had because of the COVID pause) and all they did was extend Faulk at market rate, extend Scandella at market rate (when they didn't even know what the cap would be), and dick Pierangelo around on contract structure. I'm not doing revisionist history on what is arguably the biggest reason the Blues' contention window shut.

You would have kept Dunn by exposing Krug, and you probably would have been able to keep both. You almost certainly lose Tarasenko in that case, maybe Walman if Seattle liked his upside.

Quoting: Tsmash
    Dunn was never doing to be as good as he is now if he stayed in stl and the same is probably true for walman and Mikkola.

If you shed three very different styles of defenseman and all three go on to be better on three different teams and the natural reaction is "well they never could have been that here" then you likely have a player development problem.
    drambui a aimé ceci.
    15 avr. à 14 h 41
    Quoting: TheEarthmaster

If you shed three very different styles of defenseman and all three go on to be better on three different teams and the natural reaction is "well they never could have been that here" then you likely have a player development problem.

I agree. We definitely have an issue with coaches not knowing how to develop young defenders.
    15 avr. à 14 h 44
    Xercuses
    Rejoint: juin 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,616

Petro wasnt offered enough money, he wanted to stay though
    Dunn couldve been protected and its most likely barbashev gone in the expansion draft
    Saying ROR was traded to give youth a chance only to bring in hayes to replace him doesnt make sense
    15 avr. à 14 h 45
    Xercuses

All 3 were good in stl? huh? that makes no sense
    aldore a aimé ceci.
    15 avr. à 14 h 59
    interesting, i thought pietrangelo wanted to move on.
    15 avr. à 15 h 14
    Quoting: xercuses
    All 3 were good in stl? huh? that makes no sense

I’m not saying that they weren’t good. I’m saying that Dunn isn’t going to become a number 1 defenseman staying in stl, Walman is as good as he is because he gets to play with seider
    15 avr. à 16 h 7
    Démarrer sujet
    aldore
    Rejoint: janv. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 55

Petro wanted to stay, at the time I think there were reports it could have been done for $8,500,000. The issue was he wanted a full NTC and Doug didn’t want to give him it for all 8 years. And in this scenario, we don’t trade for Faulk after we do win the cup and then we don’t have the 2 “top 4” right D making it seem like we are okay to let our best player (Petro) leave. If we kept Petro, we don’t sign krug or have Faulk. We protect Dunn, Petro, and Parakyo. In that scenario, Seattle likely would have gone with Tarasenko or Barbashev. And then for the youth thing, that was kind of the point in this was keep our stars and embrace our young guys. We would integrate both and ROR at 1 million more makes a lot more sense to me than Hayes at 3.5mil.

Why not? The advanced analytics were there on Dunn we were just reluctant to give the younger guys more chance. If we don’t have the older guys in the way, Dunn has to be the top pair LD and I think he would have definitely steppped up to it. He may not be the 1 pp guy cause petro but he wouldn’t have to be #1. He would have been the #2/3 with parayko. And for walman and mikkola, I think both looked solid. When we traded walman for leddy, it was clear to me at least that walman was better but “didn’t have enough experience” so instead we throw in sunny and a second to downgrade. In this scenario, 2020 and 2021 may have been slight down years as those guys developed but they would have been better this yeah and last year. Blues this team has better contract structure and more youth throughout the roster. Basically my point in all this was we didn’t have to have a bottom 5 D core in the league with the worst D core contract situation.
    15 avr. à 16 h 35
    Quoting: xercuses
    Petro wasnt offered enough money, he wanted to stay though
    Dunn couldve been protected and its most likely barbashev gone in the expansion draft
    Saying ROR was traded to give youth a chance only to bring in hayes to replace him doesnt make sense

I agree, i meant trade ROR to draft a prospect with the pick.
    xercuses a aimé ceci.
    15 avr. à 16 h 37
    Quoting: aldore
    Petro wanted to stay, at the time I think there were reports it could have been done for $8,500,000. The issue was he wanted a full NTC and Doug didn’t want to give him it for all 8 years. And in this scenario, we don’t trade for Faulk after we do win the cup and then we don’t have the 2 “top 4” right D making it seem like we are okay to let our best player (Petro) leave. If we kept Petro, we don’t sign krug or have Faulk. We protect Dunn, Petro, and Parakyo. In that scenario, Seattle likely would have gone with Tarasenko or Barbashev. And then for the youth thing, that was kind of the point in this was keep our stars and embrace our young guys. We would integrate both and ROR at 1 million more makes a lot more sense to me than Hayes at 3.5mil.

Why not? The advanced analytics were there on Dunn we were just reluctant to give the younger guys more chance. If we don’t have the older guys in the way, Dunn has to be the top pair LD and I think he would have definitely steppped up to it. He may not be the 1 pp guy cause petro but he wouldn’t have to be #1. He would have been the #2/3 with parayko. And for walman and mikkola, I think both looked solid. When we traded walman for leddy, it was clear to me at least that walman was better but “didn’t have enough experience” so instead we throw in sunny and a second to downgrade. In this scenario, 2020 and 2021 may have been slight down years as those guys developed but they would have been better this yeah and last year. Blues this team has better contract structure and more youth throughout the roster. Basically my point in all this was we didn’t have to have a bottom 5 D core in the league with the worst D core contract situation.

maybe i was misonformed it seems on pietrangelo, i was sure he wanted to test FA and the comments on this thread seems to go in a different way.
    15 avr. à 20 h 9
    Xercuses
    I’m not saying that they weren’t good. I’m saying that Dunn isn’t going to become a number 1 defenseman staying in stl, Walman is as good as he is because he gets to play with seider

i disagree, those two would be playing top 4 minutes with Petro and Parayko. which is the same as playing with seider.
    15 avr. à 22 h 58
    Rejoint: févr. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 29
    Quoting: TheEarthmaster
    The only time Pietrangelo ever anything remotely resembling that he "wanted" to leave was in the quotes right after he signed with Vegas where was like "yeah when I didn't have a contract four weeks before UFA I began to like the idea of leaving". They had OVER a year to give him another contract before then (extra time they uniquely had because of the COVID pause) and all they did was extend Faulk at market rate, extend Scandella at market rate (when they didn't even know what the cap would be), and dick Pierangelo around on contract structure. I'm not doing revisionist history on what is arguably the biggest reason the Blues' contention window shut.

You would have kept Dunn by exposing Krug, and you probably would have been able to keep both. You almost certainly lose Tarasenko in that case, maybe Walman if Seattle liked his upside.

I like what you've done here. I think that id also bring Barbashev back.

With regards to Petro, I believe that you're absolutely correct. Armstrong brought Faulk over within weeks of winning the Cup because he was not going to get a deal done with Petro. The message was loud and clear. There were not enough minutes or dollars to support 3 high end RHD and Parayko wasn't going anywhere. Petro, and his agent, knew they were getting jerked around, got pissed off and left. DA appears to have made a feeble attempt to mend the fence and extend Petro when Faulk had a poor showing in his first year with the Blues. But it was too little, too late.

Giving Dunn away for nothing was utter folly. They should have left Krug unprotected. Seattle was not going to take that terrible contract off your hands anyway.

Nice job.
    aldore a aimé ceci.
    15 avr. à 23 h 29
    Démarrer sujet
    aldore
    Rejoint: janv. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 55
    Quoting: PuckShmuck87
    I like what you've done here. I think that id also bring Barbashev back.

With regards to Petro, I believe that you're absolutely correct. Armstrong brought Faulk over within weeks of winning the Cup because he was not going to get a deal done with Petro. The message was loud and clear. There were not enough minutes or dollars to support 3 high end RHD and Parayko wasn't going anywhere. Petro, and his agent, knew they were getting jerked around, got pissed off and left. DA appears to have made a feeble attempt to mend the fence and extend Petro when Faulk had a poor showing in his first year with the Blues. But it was too little, too late.

Giving Dunn away for nothing was utter folly. They should have left Krug unprotected. Seattle was not going to take that terrible contract off your hands anyway.

Nice job.

Thanks man, IMO signing Petro definitely would have meant no krug. And don’t have Barby cause I assume he’d have been taken instead if our 3 protected D in 2021 (Petro, Dunn, Parayko) D left unprotected would have been walman, bortuzzo, maybe Edmund on in this scenario since we wouldn’t have traded for Faulk, potentially scandella alrought id prefer to have not signed him after we traded for him cause the Bowmeister going down. Think they’d pick Barby or Vladdy. Either way, hard to make the money work at this point.
    PuckShmuck87 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage